McCartney escapes death

Nov 11, 2012 Full story: WIAT-TV Birmingham 89

Sir Paul McCartney attends the Stella McCartney Spring / Summer 2013 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 1, 2012 in Paris, France.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#44 Dec 28, 2012
Nip it in the Bud wrote:
Hope you OD on drugs like Elvis.
Ain't gonna happen. You f*cking talk shit on Elvis and I'll rip into your dead little band. Keep it up, Beatle nut.
Elvis wore DEPENDS

Rochester, NY

#45 Dec 28, 2012
Shit on Elvis? I dont have to, Elvis shit on himself, he was incontinent. It was that bad diet and all the drugs.

Location hidden

#46 Dec 28, 2012
Elvis the Rock QUEEN wrote:
we know Elvis was a Latent or Closet Mo, or at least BI.
He did it with Nick Adams among others.
Many female starlets said Elvis couldnt perform in bed. "Sure blame all the drugs for his ED)
He had a fear and aversion of cunnilingus.
Priscilla left him cuz he preferred to be with men.
He loved to wear pancake makeup and mascara off stage...LMAO !!!
And yet we know John fudge packed Brian Epstein in Spain and wrote a song called, "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" all true.

Elvis did not know Nick Adams was gay, you idiot.

Elvis had hot women, not an retarded Jap and a blonde with a manly chin.

The rest of the shit you posted is bullshit.

I don't have to lie on The dead Beatles, do I?

Location hidden

#47 Dec 28, 2012
Elvis wore DEPENDS wrote:
Shit on Elvis? I dont have to, Elvis shit on himself, he was incontinent. It was that bad diet and all the drugs.
Elvis never shit his pants, Beatle floon. We all know that Lennon shot up and McFartney liked his cocaine. Get over it. John and Yoko never bathed and stunk. Lennon never saw his first kid for a home wrecking retarded Jap. And they were both on drugs.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#49 Dec 29, 2012
Hey Octo, I understand you are an Elvis' fan and you like good music, too. So, why so much hate for the Beatles? We never insulted Elvis, we admire him. The same goes for the ones who insult Elvis. I can not understant why.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#50 Dec 29, 2012
understand, sorry.

Location hidden

#53 Dec 29, 2012
Greg wrote:
Hey Octo, I understand you are an Elvis' fan and you like good music, too. So, why so much hate for the Beatles? We never insulted Elvis, we admire him. The same goes for the ones who insult Elvis. I can not understant why.
The idiot from Rochester insulted Elvis first. He got all upset because I typed "Sargent Pepper" and gave my opinion of the album? I happen to like their other work much better? Please. He started it and of course, I'm going to return the insults. I have The Beatles imports in my cd collection and have heard some of the outtakes. Elvis Presley did very well. He never had to compete with British invasion bands because he had his own way of progress.

Location hidden

#54 Dec 29, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>That part about George is Bullshit and you know it. Olivia and Paul and Dhani were with George while he was dying in the hospital. I'm sure they wouldn't let people bug George unless George wanted to sign one for maybe someone like Clapton but Eric is too cool to even bug George about that sort of thing while the guy is dying.Yoko wasn't retarded she only sang off key and was too way out for most peoples taste.You know Octo you claim Beatles fans are obnoxius but stop and read your own crap you post and it is just like the old saying the pot calling the kettle black. Anyone can hurl insults but it takes common sense to state facts .
Elvis died very quickly at home and George died very slowly in his hospital bed, cancer eating away at him. Which is worse? I've read that the staff or whomever were around George, trying to get him to sign stuff as he was dying. They should've left the dude alone.

Location hidden

#55 Dec 29, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>That part about George is Bullshit and you know it. Olivia and Paul and Dhani were with George while he was dying in the hospital. I'm sure they wouldn't let people bug George unless George wanted to sign one for maybe someone like Clapton but Eric is too cool to even bug George about that sort of thing while the guy is dying.Yoko wasn't retarded she only sang off key and was too way out for most peoples taste.You know Octo you claim Beatles fans are obnoxius but stop and read your own crap you post and it is just like the old saying the pot calling the kettle black. Anyone can hurl insults but it takes common sense to state facts .
Yoko screaming bloody murder and playing with musicians like Eric Clapton, The Beatles is retarded. She sounded like she was being tortured. She didn't just sing off key. Elvis never had her on his records, did he? Just pointing that fact out since some claim The Beatles were so advanced compared to Elvis. Not always the case.

Location hidden

#56 Dec 29, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Greg you are right. Why does people have to be so nasty about comparing and starting their stupid insult wars here on the Beatle forum? If you don't like an artist like the Fab Beatles or the first King of Pop known as Elvis then so what. Hurling insults doesn't take away anything that these great entertainers gave to us all with their remarkable talents.I'm not a Justin Biber fan but I don't go on that forum and trash and troll it. I can't understand it either Greg . Stupid subject to argue over huh? Happy New Year to you.
It is always Beatle fans that wrongly claim that Elvis didn't matter after the British invasion yet, Elvis still went on long after its peak had passed into the seventies. Elvis was not a hair band of the early nineties with The Beatles wiping him out like Nirvana did. Never happened. Elvis continued selling out concerts and making new albums and singles until his death in 1977. He did not have to follow seventies pop radio. That was a good thing.
Elvis wore DEPENDS

Rochester, NY

#57 Dec 29, 2012
Elvis POOPED his pants, and bed sheets. He was a dirty boy.

Location hidden

#59 Dec 29, 2012
Elvis wore DEPENDS wrote:
Elvis POOPED his pants, and bed sheets. He was a dirty boy.
John Lennon stuck his rod up Brian Epstein's poop shoot in Spain and teased Epstein. Broke his little heart and Epstein committed suicide.
Years later, Johnny got shot dead in New York. "Instant Karma"

Location hidden

#60 Dec 29, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong Octo. Not all Beatle fans make that claim. Of course Elvis mattered. He was the biggest star from the 50's and even in the 60's when the British invation happened Elvis still held his own because his fans dearly loved him and would buy his records and of course do anything to see him live.At one point the Beatles may have over shadowed Elvis but nobody could wipe him out except drugs and driving himself to hard to try and stay on top.At the end Elvis did grow his hair longer and change from the Greaser to a more modern hair style.He didn't have to follow disco and other 70's music styles because we both know he always had his own style even if he did sing other peoples songs. His style his looks his voice substained him until death.He was a big movie star before the Beatles ever tought of doing A HARD DAYS NIGHT.
Yeah, Elvis always mattered. That is why I collect boots. The Doors, Zeppelin, Hendrix and even Journey did covers of Elvis. Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent were great also. I always liked the sound of early rock n roll. Every artist had a different style. Of course, Elvis was all about change and he did it his own way. I love Elvis's seventies music the best because it has a more modernized sound and Elvis played with great musicians. I am very grateful that Elvis never recorded Disco or sold out to pop radio. The best of it holds up very well. Much better than I expected it would. It is all how you want to look at it.
Allan

Houston, TX

#61 Dec 29, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Elvis always mattered. That is why I collect boots. The Doors, Zeppelin, Hendrix and even Journey did covers of Elvis. Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent were great also. I always liked the sound of early rock n roll. Every artist had a different style. Of course, Elvis was all about change and he did it his own way. I love Elvis's seventies music the best because it has a more modernized sound and Elvis played with great musicians. I am very grateful that Elvis never recorded Disco or sold out to pop radio. The best of it holds up very well. Much better than I expected it would. It is all how you want to look at it.
Elvis did record some great tunes in the 70's, in my opinion, I think the From Elvis Presley Blvd was an excellent album.
I think the cover shows him standing tall as the King.
I also love Moody Blue, I own the blue vinyl of it, I especially love his version of Unchained Melody, which I think might have been the 3rd single off the album.
Paul wrote a very nice tune for RElvis back in 77', it was called Name and Address, but sadly Elvis didn't get the chance to record it.
Paul did record in his best Elvis tribute voice on the Wings 78' album, London Town.
Who knows what direction Elvis would have been in the 1980's, 42 is too young to pass, both he and Lennon had so much more to give.

Location hidden

#62 Dec 29, 2012
Allan wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis did record some great tunes in the 70's, in my opinion, I think the From Elvis Presley Blvd was an excellent album.
I think the cover shows him standing tall as the King.
I also love Moody Blue, I own the blue vinyl of it, I especially love his version of Unchained Melody, which I think might have been the 3rd single off the album.
Paul wrote a very nice tune for RElvis back in 77', it was called Name and Address, but sadly Elvis didn't get the chance to record it.
Paul did record in his best Elvis tribute voice on the Wings 78' album, London Town.
Who knows what direction Elvis would have been in the 1980's, 42 is too young to pass, both he and Lennon had so much more to give.
"From Elvis Presley Blvd" was the first Elvis album I listened to because my mom bought the eight track. I remember listening to it and was amazed it was the same person that did "Hound Dog" and "Love Me Tender" Elvis recorded it at Graceland in 1976 and "Moody Blue" also came from those sessions. The masters were overdubbed with strings. "Moody Blue" was finished by Felton Jarvis adding three live tracks to it, which were not the best live versions. Actually, the single of "Unchained Melody" is a different version than on "Moody Blue" and had overdubbed instrumentation. Elvis did it live many times and there are better performances on imports. I'm aware of "Name And Address" off of "London Town" and I don't see Elvis recording it. I wish Elvis had recorded "Drift Away" and a couple others that he considered. There was a track called,(there's a) "Fire Down Below" from the Graceland sessions that Elvis neglected to record a vocal track for. It is too bad he didn't because it was a seventies rock tune. It would've been a radio hit. The outtakes were excellent and Elvis did some fine vocals. He didn't need excessive overdubs, really.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#63 Dec 29, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot from Rochester insulted Elvis first. He got all upset because I typed "Sargent Pepper" and gave my opinion of the album? I happen to like their other work much better? Please. He started it and of course, I'm going to return the insults. I have The Beatles imports in my cd collection and have heard some of the outtakes. Elvis Presley did very well. He never had to compete with British invasion bands because he had his own way of progress.
It's your right and anyone's right to like what you want. Please, it's very harsh to attack at dead people who gave us so great music. Elvis died that way, George that way. We can not judge their way of life and-much worse-the way they died. I believe if all were alive, they would make some shows or a record together. I sympathise Elvis the same as I sympathise George and John. Too bad he died that way and so young. As for Ono, my opinion is that she had nothing to do with Beatles' music. She had better to stay at home and prepare the dinner. But, Lennon wanted her with him all the time. And Elvis should have been more cautious with Dr. Nicholopoulos I think it was his name. I feel that I have to apologise because he was Greek. Sorry.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#64 Dec 29, 2012
Octo, by the way, I own Elvis' sun recordings(not only those, of course). Remarkable stuff. And even my late Grand Mother liked him. My Mother and many relatives and friends are fans, as well. And you know what she told me sometime(My Granny)? "His wife ruined his life". I think that she meant that after Priscilla he got very depressed. So, you see I'm his fan, too. Alright, I'm into the Beatles more, but that doesn't mean anything. We can discuss in a friendly way. And the fact that we may have arguments again doesn't mean that we can't learn from each other. In many topics.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#66 Dec 29, 2012
I mixed it up, sorry. Mr. Nichopoulos was a fine doctor. And close to Elvis. You see, I am not very familiar with Elvis' story.

Location hidden

#68 Dec 29, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Man I'd hate to have a name like Felton Jarvis it sounds too much like Fenton Jiveass.LOL Are you saying Elvis considered doing Bob Seger's Fire Down Below? Interesting I'd like to hear him do Drift Away but Doobie Gray still sings it the best just like unchained melody is best by the Righteous Brothers. Elvis might of done the songs justice but sometimes theoriginal singer can't be beat like Percy Sledge singing when a man loves a woman or Al Green singing Let's stay together no one can out do them on those songs.
"Fire Down Below" wasn't the Bob Seger song but an original tune his bass player wrote. Elvis was supposed to do a vocal to it on Halloween, 1976 but only completed the song, "He'll Have To Go" I think it was another Dobie Gray song that he wanted to try but Elvis decided that his performance wasn't strong enough. Elvis went to Nashville in the first month of 1977 to record but never left his room. He was distracted by Ginger. The best version of "Unchained Melody" on soundboard was on "Burning In Birmingham" 12-29-76. Great show.

Location hidden

#69 Dec 29, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Elvis was unique one of a kind.If he would of did disco he would of loss respect from some of his fans. I liked the raw Elvis when he was singing That's all right with Momma. Not much of a Vegas Elvis fan but to each their own. The Beatles didn't need to try to do disco although Mccartney solo might of came close . Certainly not Lennon or Harrison any how.Yes the best holds up well which is why the Beatles and Hendrix still get played a lot on classic rock stations in Seattle just like Zepplin and Heart.
It depends on the seventies concert and how the band played to inspire Elvis. For example, I just got an previous unreleased Vegas 1974 show and Elvis did an update of "My Baby Left Me" In fact, the whole show was very bluesy with mean ass guitar playing. Loved every minute of it. It is not all cut and dry because Elvis was playing live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This Forum Is Officially Pronounced DEAD (Feb '10) 1 hr Obi Wan Biden 32
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Thu Octopus 12,759
Who invented the Beatles' logo? Sep 14 Greg 1
The Beatlesa Jewish Roots Sep 14 Dr Cosmo Arse-Bandit 6
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Sep 10 DUH 22
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... Sep 10 goodvibrations 5
Pete Best says Ringo Starr enjoyed the fruits o... (Aug '06) Sep 10 gmc68beatle 385
•••
•••

The Beatles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••