McCartney escapes death

Nov 11, 2012 Full story: WIAT-TV Birmingham 89

Sir Paul McCartney attends the Stella McCartney Spring / Summer 2013 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 1, 2012 in Paris, France.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
chris

United States

#1 Nov 11, 2012
I am so happy Paul survived, otherwise I would be severely depressed right now.
Sheik Yerbouti

Warrington, PA

#2 Nov 12, 2012
paul mccartney-boring the musically literate for over four decades. Too bad he survived! The beatles SUCKED!!
Greg

Athens, Greece

#3 Nov 12, 2012
"We've got to get out of this place
If it's the last thing we ever do
We've got to get out of this place
'Cause friend, there's a better life for me
and you".
Idiot patrol

Monroe, WA

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
paul mccartney-boring the musically literate for over four decades. Too bad he survived! The beatles SUCKED!!
Well it never fails some idiot always shows up to post more ignorant comments.Freak Sheik I know you got that off of a Frank Zappa Album fool.If you don't like McCartney or the Beatles fine but trashing them on this forum only shows what a ignoramus jerk you can be and since I'm on idiot patrol you are busted fisheyed FOOL!
chris

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Take your Beatle bashing elsewhere. How would you like if someone who didn't even know you, wished you were dead? Their are a lot of singers I don't like, but I would never wish death on any of them.
d erney

Spring, TX

#7 Nov 15, 2012
You obviously never saw Paul McCartney perform!!!!!!
d erney

Spring, TX

#8 Nov 15, 2012
HE IS INCREDIBLE!!
Bubba

Everett, WA

#9 Nov 15, 2012
d erney wrote:
HE IS INCREDIBLE!!
Yes still at his age he plays 3 hour shows and rocks like he is only 30.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Paul McFartney should retire.

His voice is shot like Bob Dylan is today.

But money talks and that is why McFartney does it.

He got lucky that his helicopter didn't crash.

Frankly, The Rolling Stones new song sounds good.

"Doom And Gloom" is a strong track.

Mick Jagger is smart to take care of his voice.

Do a limited amount of live gigs at $700 a ticket.

Once a singer gets old, their voice changes.

Playing 3 hour concerts destroyed Paul's voice.

He'll never sound good again.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#11 Nov 15, 2012
octo wrote:
Paul McFartney should retire.
His voice is shot like Bob Dylan is today.
But money talks and that is why McFartney does it.
He got lucky that his helicopter didn't crash.
Frankly, The Rolling Stones new song sounds good.
"Doom And Gloom" is a strong track.
Mick Jagger is smart to take care of his voice.
Do a limited amount of live gigs at $700 a ticket.
Once a singer gets old, their voice changes.
Playing 3 hour concerts destroyed Paul's voice.
He'll never sound good again.
You are basing that on one performance for the Queen. Hell if you sang as much as Sir Paul your voice would eventually give out too. It is yet to be seen or heard if he will ever sound good again. You say that because you are an Elvis floon.If he were still around I doubt he would even be able to performm because of being too old and too fat.

Location hidden

#12 Nov 15, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>You are basing that on one performance for the Queen. Hell if you sang as much as Sir Paul your voice would eventually give out too. It is yet to be seen or heard if he will ever sound good again. You say that because you are an Elvis floon.If he were still around I doubt he would even be able to performm because of being too old and too fat.
Tom Jones sang well for the Queen.

Face it, Paul should retire before he does any more damage.

His voice was shot.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#13 Nov 15, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom Jones sang well for the Queen.
Face it, Paul should retire before he does any more damage.
His voice was shot.
Ok I saw one song where his voice didn't sound so good. On Magical Mystery tour and Ob Li Di Ob La da it sounded ok. One song one performance and you say he needs to give it up. Well you might be in for a surprise. He might come up with some new stuff or he might have more sappy pop stuff. it remains to be seen. I don't write him off just yet. Ok I agree Tom Jones sounded good still.
chris

United States

#14 Nov 16, 2012
For anyone who says that Paul should retire, doesn't know him very well. He is one of the hardest working entertainers around, & he loves what he does for a living. The only way he's going to retire, is when they drag him off the stage. Sure, everyone has a bad performance sometimes, & noones perfect, but there's no denying that the man still has it.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#15 Nov 16, 2012
chris wrote:
For anyone who says that Paul should retire, doesn't know him very well. He is one of the hardest working entertainers around, & he loves what he does for a living. The only way he's going to retire, is when they drag him off the stage. Sure, everyone has a bad performance sometimes, & noones perfect, but there's no denying that the man still has it.
Next month Sir Paul and Bruce Sprinstein along with the Who and Bon Jovi are all going to play Madison Square Garden for the victims of Storm Sandy. McCartney always helps out when there is a disaster just like he did in New York after 911. He and Heather the witch made sure the fireman and police got free tickets to the concert. If he wants to retire he surely has the right to. I don't think he is ready yet because like you pointed out. He loves to entertain and make people happy.
chris

United States

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Next month Sir Paul and Bruce Sprinstein along with the Who and Bon Jovi are all going to play Madison Square Garden for the victims of Storm Sandy. McCartney always helps out when there is a disaster just like he did in New York after 911. He and Heather the witch made sure the fireman and police got free tickets to the concert. If he wants to retire he surely has the right to. I don't think he is ready yet because like you pointed out. He loves to entertain and make people happy.
That is awesome, Paul always tries to help wherever he can. This is just more proof that Paul loves to share his gift.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 16, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I saw one song where his voice didn't sound so good. On Magical Mystery tour and Ob Li Di Ob La da it sounded ok. One song one performance and you say he needs to give it up. Well you might be in for a surprise. He might come up with some new stuff or he might have more sappy pop stuff. it remains to be seen. I don't write him off just yet. Ok I agree Tom Jones sounded good still.
The Queen McFartney performance was an embarrassment.

It couldn't have been worse.

And it happens to all singers when they get past a certain age.

Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Elton John lost their voices as well.

I can only speculate why Tom Jones still has a strong voice.

It is probably because he takes care of what he has left.

He does not strain his voice by doing three hour concerts.

Location hidden

#18 Nov 16, 2012
chris wrote:
He loves the attention and the money and he has enough.

He should retire and give it up. The turkey is getting old.

After all, didn't McFartney do "When I'm Sixty-Four" ???

His voice was pathetic on his last studio effort.

I cringed when I heard it on You Tube. Bad.

Years of pot smoking couldn't have done good for his aging croak.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
He loves the attention and the money and he has enough.
He should retire and give it up. The turkey is getting old.
After all, didn't McFartney do "When I'm Sixty-Four" ???
His voice was pathetic on his last studio effort.
I cringed when I heard it on You Tube. Bad.
Years of pot smoking couldn't have done good for his aging croak.
His last album of songs from Kisses on the bottom or whatever it was called sold well. I didn't buy it because I don't like that style of singing not because I think his voice is shot.Not too long ago on Letterman his voice was still good on Helter Skelter.I suppose if Elvis was around his voice would sound pretty tired too.

Location hidden

#20 Nov 16, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>His last album of songs from Kisses on the bottom or whatever it was called sold well. I didn't buy it because I don't like that style of singing not because I think his voice is shot.Not too long ago on Letterman his voice was still good on Helter Skelter.I suppose if Elvis was around his voice would sound pretty tired too.
That is only speculation, Bubba.

No one really knows what Elvis would've sounded like had he lived.

I don't believe that Elvis wanted people to see him aging.

Elvis probably would've gone back to making films at some point.

He wanted to do action films but never got a chance to.

He wanted to play a bad ass role.

There was talk about him playing a retired FBI agent.

The film was going to be called, "Billy Easter"
Bubba

Renton, WA

#21 Nov 16, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only speculation, Bubba.
No one really knows what Elvis would've sounded like had he lived.
I don't believe that Elvis wanted people to see him aging.
Elvis probably would've gone back to making films at some point.
He wanted to do action films but never got a chance to.
He wanted to play a bad ass role.
There was talk about him playing a retired FBI agent.
The film was going to be called, "Billy Easter"
Yeah he could of went back to making films.-The Fat old guy who plays a FBI agent who chases after criminals but he's too old and fat to catch any. Chubby Billy the fat Easter Bunny who became as slow as the turtle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who was the most talented Beatle in your opinion? (Nov '07) 14 hr Greg 82
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Sat Observer Rules 12,791
[News] Drake Passes The Beatles With Latest Bil... Nov 20 TheAfroHedgehog 3
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Nov 16 Home By The Sea 3
Can you guess the 5 Beatles songs that Elvis Pr... Nov 15 Big mike 5
The Beatles - Come Together (Rhythm Scholar Remix) Nov 13 Rhythm Scholar 1
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Nov 12 Dr Clayton OBoogie 25

The Beatles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE