AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

Popularity is generally based on 'like'.
The Beatles personified the sound of the '60s' with a break through style that had never been seen before, at least in America.
They bent the envelope of what we were accustomed to hearing.
The first band to successfully use layers and other algorithms as they were being invented made their way into many of the Beatle recordings. On the other hand, other bands such as Jimi Hendrix were producing music that created an altered state.
Every kid back then, wanted to be a Beatle, play guitar and have a personna like one of the Beatle’s. I know, I was one of them.
They took us from our shell and helped us to crack it open, at which time, many bands arose and later paid homage to the Beatles for inspiring them to pursue their careers in music.
Remember, that during that time, every band on earth was competing to be greater or better than the Beatles.
The Beatles are one of the few bands with pieces like 'Yesterday' that will be played by a philharmonic orchestra. Some say they will last as long as the legendary Classical composers with a life span of 500 years, if not more.
If the melody is striking, personal, and reaches untold millions, you can bet it will be around for many decades to come. Look at the music from the 50’s, still going strong.
I don't see many bands with melodies that will live on in that way. Paul McCartney and John Lennon will never be rivaled for there total sense of musicality.
I think many musicians like to outclass other existing players technically, and totally forget the pause and silent passages in music is what makes melody lines beautiful to the senses.
We have become more aggressive in our music, without necessarily it being good.
We become convinced by our own tastes to think that something is good. Brain washing has nothing to do with music. You can't sell a horse to someone who doesn't need one.
I have seen thousands of people like some music that I personally think is crap.
When the Beatles first came out we couldn't draw any conclusions about them, they were just too different. If I had to compare the Beatles to any other great act, I would say the Beatles could not be compared, just as Bob Dylan.
The Beatles will be remembered as colossal gladiators fighting in a roman coliseum.
Documented as unrivaled warriors never to be beaten.
I hope, that someday, a band comes along, that is good spirited, and provides a new door that will embellish society and give the kids a reason to dream. Move the masses in a direction that is new and forever believed to be an important cog of change.
The Beatles dream belonged to the Beatles.
While there might have been better musicians, which indeed I think there were, we should not forget that music can be simple, and beautiful, make a statement and be significant.
I can't think of too many artists today that write for the majority of all ages.
Many people today think power; loudness and words barley discernable, is good.
Just as Karma comes back around, they don’t want to expose their lessons in life to their new offspring, thus the viscous circle continues. Some will continue their personal legacy and pass the music of their generation to their children.
We should look at the Beatles as a significant chapter of the 1960’s, which had the power to change people. Today we spend most of our time gawking at the peculiarities of others. I'm not sure that this circus of events is talent, or some divine creation meant to change man in some way.
The Beatles probably changed me more than any family member or friend.
I spend decades chasing the elusive dream of music. I never made it, but it did open many doors. Today I own one the largest Alternative Health On-line radio stations. It’s a far cry from music, but it still kept the microphone on my mouth.
I would of never been a ‘radio guy’ without the need to express myself vocally.
I thank the Beatles for my career.
Regards,
Richard Q’zeromen: www.pitch101.com
Zippy

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

Very cool Richard.I have had the same experience as you growing up with the Beatles and wanting to play a guitar like them.I now can play and have played semi-pro in bar bands all thanks to seeing the Beatles on TV and at the Movies.They changed my taste and style of dressing in the 60's.Not to mention how many guys changed their hair styles after seeing the Beatles.LOL If I had a pair of Beatle boots today I'd still wear them.
Richard Qzeromen

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey, three years from my last comment... nope, I haven't changed my mind... Beatles were the greatest!
Zippy

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Judged:

Richard Qzeromen wrote:
Hey, three years from my last comment... nope, I haven't changed my mind... Beatles were the greatest!
Yeah I agree with you man.You said it well and like me you grew up with the Beatles. I doubt that they will ever be topped.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Beatles Discussions

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The year after the Beatles met E 6 hr Little monster 154
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Mon Dennis Hauser 12,746
Portraits of Beatles as Old Men Jul 27 Yerushalimey 1
mel vs. bozo (Feb '10) Jul 26 Looftess 6
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Jul 19 Jimbo 1
Today in Rock: July 14 Jul 14 Will Dockery 1
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
•••
•••