Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2012
Travis Joles

Overland Park, KS

#1 Jan 5, 2009
Hello. I just found a near mint set of original Alpha Omega 8 track tapes. It is Volume 2, and has 4 tapes. Does anyone have an idea of their value. Not the albums, but the 8-track tapes. I read somehwere that they are considered Holy Grails in beatle 8-track collecting, but have no idea of value. Thanks, Travis
barry

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2009
Travis Joles wrote:
Hello. I just found a near mint set of original Alpha Omega 8 track tapes. It is Volume 2, and has 4 tapes. Does anyone have an idea of their value. Not the albums, but the 8-track tapes. I read somehwere that they are considered Holy Grails in beatle 8-track collecting, but have no idea of value. Thanks, Travis
do you still have youe alpha omega 8 tracks
Travis Joles

Overland Park, KS

#3 Mar 23, 2009
barry wrote:
<quoted text>
do you still have youe alpha omega 8 tracks
Yes I do. You can email me at onegroovydude@mail.com
Jill

United States

#4 May 31, 2011
Travis Joles wrote:
Did you ever find out the value of these tapes? I have just come across the same tapes and can't find out much about them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Tom

Hopkins, MN

#5 Jan 5, 2012
Hope this helps! I just got one all white 8 track and am searching also!:)

The Beatles
Alpha Omega
AudioTape, Inc.

Thanks to Lynne Alman who submitted this winning entry to the Hall of Fame.

According to an article on Beatles tapes in Beatlology magazine Sept/Oct 1999, this 4 tape set is one of the Holy Grails of Beatles 8-tracks. I got these at a thrift store for 25 cents each. You can't tell in the pic but the front plastic is black,and the back plastic is pink. Here are the paragraphs from Beatlology written by Mark Galloway (beatletail@aol.com):

"This is a "sold on TV" only title, Alpha Omega. This first-ever Beatles greatest hits compilation consisted of eight cartridges and was sold through AudioTape in Cleveland and New Jersey. Not many would have been produced as the company was threatened with a lawsuit and pulled their product almost immediately. Since very few sets have been verified, no price has been set. There are different variations similar to the vinyl boxsets,the first being a set of eight cartridges with white shells produced by Record Promotions Inc., and contains both volumes that were issued on vinyl. The second variation can be found on an all black or black and pink cartridge produced by Audiotape Inc.,which had either a pink or white label and contains only volume one on four cartridges."

The Beatles - Alpha Omega officially enters the 8-track Heaven Hall Fame on August 21, 2000
Joe Oliphant

Clovis, CA

#6 Nov 27, 2012
Tom wrote:
Thanks to Lynne Alman who submitted this winning entry to the Hall of Fame.
Do you by chance know how to contact Lynne?

-Joe

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanks to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off," Super-... 4 hr I HATE New Days 1
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... 20 hr goodvibrations 1
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Fri Nave Spelled Back... 20
The Walrus Was Wrong; Paul is Alive and Well Aug 26 Kid_Tomorrow 2
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Aug 25 Octopus 12,754
The year after the Beatles met E Aug 22 ElvisGirl1970 173
Beatles Las Vegas Aug 20, 1964 (Jan '06) Aug 20 Greg 32
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000