The Beatles Song Nobody Likes

May 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Neatorama

The Beatles are the most talked about, written about, discussed, analyzed, and dissected group in the history of music.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated May 14, 2013
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Allan, you were right. Nobody likes this "song". I think Yoko underwent a surgery on Lennon's brain. In "Playboy" interview-if I remember-well in 1980, he said that B-52's "Rock Lobster" was like Ono's avant guarde "music". And this will be the music of the future. But, no; Lennon as I said before was a melody/harmony genius mainly like Paul and George. Likewise, he loved raw rock'n'roll, OK;Anyway, this stuff and "Wedding album", "Unfinished music no 1" and "No 2" were unfamiliar to his musical style. Personally, I consider myself a big Beatles' fan, however, I never wanted to buy that stuff. "Number nine" at least is tolerable but monotonous. It couldn't never turn on someone let alone "a dead man"!
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

One has to wonder how a great songwriter like Lennon would do such weird experimental things, that was really just a bunch of noise. Maybe it was love or drugs , or a combination of both. But, whatever the reason, he was wrong about it being the future of music.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Chris wrote:
One has to wonder how a great songwriter like Lennon would do such weird experimental things, that was really just a bunch of noise. Maybe it was love or drugs , or a combination of both. But, whatever the reason, he was wrong about it being the future of music.
Sure glad he was wrong about it being the future of music. Yoko has always sucked at singing and her avant garde should be left to art not music. Her primal screams needed to be silenced. John must of been too high on herion at the time.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Sure glad he was wrong about it being the future of music. Yoko has always sucked at singing and her avant garde should be left to art not music. Her primal screams needed to be silenced. John must of been too high on herion at the tipme.
You got that right Bubba, the only reason she was able to sing on a recording is because she was Mrs Lennon. Imagine how much better thr Double Fantasy album would have been, if it was all John. Instead of Yoko, it would've had all of Johns songs, that ended up on Milk & Honey.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right Bubba, the only reason she was able to sing on a recording is because she was Mrs Lennon. Imagine how much better thr Double Fantasy album would have been, if it was all John. Instead of Yoko, it would've had all of Johns songs, that ended up on Milk & Honey.
Every time I played that album I had to skip over her songs.She can write songs but she shouldn't of been allowed to sing them. John must of really loved her a lot to let her sing on his records. No one enjoys her awful voice.
Anne

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Every time I played that album I had to skip over her songs.She can write songs but she shouldn't of been allowed to sing them. John must of really loved her a lot to let her sing on his records. No one enjoys her awful voice.
You truly are illiterate.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are illiterate.
Who in the hell asked you for your two cents worth dimwit?
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Sure glad he was wrong about it being the future of music. Yoko has always sucked at singing and her avant garde should be left to art not music. Her primal screams needed to be silenced. John must of been too high on herion at the time.
I think Bubba that the "Primal scream" was a therapy used by the psychiatrist Dr. Arthur Janov for John and other patients, getting them in the doctor's bed and make them by screaming remembering what things were eating their soul and as a result by this therapy, healing their wounds from childhood and beyond. I don't know if Yoko used this as her voice style. Anyway, her voice and singing was out of tune in John's songs. Lennon had her in high esteem as far as her artistic talents go whereas we, the fans, have not. On the other hand, to be just, she had ideas and some of them were interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Beatles Discussions

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The year after the Beatles met E 4 hr Little monster 154
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Mon Dennis Hauser 12,746
Portraits of Beatles as Old Men Jul 27 Yerushalimey 1
mel vs. bozo (Feb '10) Jul 26 Looftess 6
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Jul 19 Jimbo 1
Today in Rock: July 14 Jul 14 Will Dockery 1
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
•••
•••