The Beatles 50th Annivers

Haifa, Israel

#1 Feb 6, 2014
The Beatles 50th Anniversary
http://amazoncoini.blogspot.com
Chris

Mount Morris, MI

#2 Feb 6, 2014
Attention all Beatles fans. In case you don't already know, the big 50th anniversary concert is on this Sunday at 8pm on CBS. Their will be lots of musicians paying tribute to the fab four. But, the best part will be the finale, when Ringo & Paul play some Beatles songs together. This is gonna be awesome, so make sure you watch it, or at least record it.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#4 Feb 6, 2014
Chris wrote:
Attention all Beatles fans. In case you don't already know, the big 50th anniversary concert is on this Sunday at 8pm on CBS. Their will be lots of musicians paying tribute to the fab four. But, the best part will be the finale, when Ringo & Paul play some Beatles songs together. This is gonna be awesome, so make sure you watch it, or at least record it.
I will be waiting for Youtube to show it. Thanks, guys. Lucky people. Sometimes I catch myself wanting to be an American, lol. In moments like these you know...
Chris

Mount Morris, MI

#5 Feb 6, 2014
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>I will be waiting for Youtube to show it. Thanks, guys. Lucky people. Sometimes I catch myself wanting to be an American, lol. In moments like these you know...
I'm sorry to hear that you can't watch it Greg. Maybe they'll release it on DVD, or someone will relase a pirated DVD, then you'll be able to see the whole concert whenever you want.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#6 Feb 7, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry to hear that you can't watch it Greg. Maybe they'll release it on DVD, or someone will relase a pirated DVD, then you'll be able to see the whole concert whenever you want.
Thanks, Chris. There must be a way, I'll find it. Oh, by the way, are you from Michigan? I just received good news from the University of Michigan(Ann Arbor), have passed the Proficiency exams in English. So, thanks again!
Chris

Lansing, MI

#7 Feb 7, 2014
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Chris. There must be a way, I'll find it. Oh, by the way, are you from Michigan? I just received good news from the University of Michigan(Ann Arbor), have passed the Proficiency exams in English. So, thanks again!
Hey Greg, yes I'm from Michigan. Congratulations on passing your exams.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#8 Feb 7, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Greg, yes I'm from Michigan. Congratulations on passing your exams.
I must thank the graders of the Michigan University who passed me. I'm not so good you know! Thank you, Chris. See you, soon.
Chris

Sterling Heights, MI

#9 Feb 10, 2014
I watched this last night, & it was awesome. The tribute performance's were hit & miss. But, of course, the best part of the night, was Ringo & Paul's performance. It was very cool to see them on stage together. The audience was filled with people of all ages, proving once again, that the Beatles music is timeless.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#12 Feb 10, 2014
Chris wrote:
I watched this last night, & it was awesome. The tribute performance's were hit & miss. But, of course, the best part of the night, was Ringo & Paul's performance. It was very cool to see them on stage together. The audience was filled with people of all ages, proving once again, that the Beatles music is timeless.
What songs did they perform, Chris? "I want to hold your hand", "She Loves you" and "Twist and shout" for sure I bet.
Chris

Lansing, MI

#13 Feb 10, 2014
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>What songs did they perform, Chris? "I want to hold your hand", "She Loves you" and "Twist and shout" for sure I bet.
Actually Greg, noone performed any of those songs, the songs seemed to cover their entire catalog, but mainly the latter part. As for Ringo & Paul, first Ringo came out with his band & performed three songs. The songs he did were Matchbox, Boys & Yellow Submarine. Then Paul came out with his band & they did Birthday & Get Back. Then Paul & his band did Sgt Pepper & Ringo joined them on stage for With a Little Help From My Friends. And for the finale, everyone else joined them on stage for Hey Jude.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#14 Feb 11, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Greg, noone performed any of those songs, the songs seemed to cover their entire catalog, but mainly the latter part. As for Ringo & Paul, first Ringo came out with his band & performed three songs. The songs he did were Matchbox, Boys & Yellow Submarine. Then Paul came out with his band & they did Birthday & Get Back. Then Paul & his band did Sgt Pepper & Ringo joined them on stage for With a Little Help From My Friends. And for the finale, everyone else joined them on stage for Hey Jude.
I sensed that Ringo would play at least "With a little help from my friends" or "Yellow submarine", I expected though that celebrating their first visit in the States "I want to hold your hand" to be performed. It's not so important, anyway. The show was great, they are still healthy and very active(it's remarkable, isn't it?), so what else do we want? Thank you, Chris.
Chris

Pontiac, MI

#15 Feb 11, 2014
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>I sensed that Ringo would play at least "With a little help from my friends" or "Yellow submarine", I expected though that celebrating their first visit in the States "I want to hold your hand" to be performed. It's not so important, anyway. The show was great, they are still healthy and very active(it's remarkable, isn't it?), so what else do we want? Thank you, Chris.
Yeah, I'm happy & thankful, that we still have Ringo & Paul here, to entertain us, & celebrate the anniversary with us. I was expecting to hear I Want to Hold Your Hand too, considering it was their first US #1 hit. But, most of the tribute performance's were pretty good, as were the song selections. But, of course, Ringo & Paul stold the show.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#16 Feb 11, 2014
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'm happy & thankful, that we still have Ringo & Paul here, to entertain us, & celebrate the anniversary with us. I was expecting to hear I Want to Hold Your Hand too, considering it was their first US #1 hit. But, most of the tribute performance's were pretty good, as were the song selections. But, of course, Ringo & Paul stold the show.
They would have done so, undoubtedly. Beatles or not Beatles anniversary. I still can't explain the charisma all Fabs ha(ve)d, it is something that was given from God, I guess. Wherever they go, they steal the heart and mind of the audience. And despite the haters feel and write on this board, the Beatles were unique.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#17 Feb 11, 2014
Oops. Despite what...
Chris

Owosso, MI

#18 Feb 11, 2014
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>They would have done so, undoubtedly. Beatles or not Beatles anniversary. I still can't explain the charisma all Fabs ha(ve)d, it is something that was given from God, I guess. Wherever they go, they steal the heart and mind of the audience. And despite the haters feel and write on this board, the Beatles were unique.
Very well said Greg, their is nothing else I can add. They had/have that certain something.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#20 Jun 12, 2015
Chris wrote:
Chris, hi. Greg's here. We created a group on Facebook called "The Beatles Cafe". If you want you can have an account and join in. If you also want, you can bring others real Beatles' fans. Thanks, cheers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For your eyes only (Feb '15) 20 hr Little monster 42
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) May 25 Greg 1,079
News Michael Jackson: Your number one music icon (Aug '10) May 19 Spotted Wee 137
News Rihanna Ties Michael Jackson On The List Of Car... May 18 Burning Love 2
News You can't always get what you want, but maybe a... Apr '16 Amused Octopus 1
News Beatles Albums, Ranked Worst to Best (Jun '15) Apr '16 JJJ 2
News Paul McCartney's concert 'the heaviest show on ... Apr '16 King Prince 4
More from around the web