On This Day: The Beatles Arrive in New York

Full story: findingDulcinea

On Feb. 7, 1964, the Beatles were greeted by thousands of screaming fans as they landed at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York to begin their first American tour, highlighted by three performances on "The Ed Sullivan Show." The Beatles, a group of four mop-topped Liverpool natives in their early 20s , had become Britain's most popular rock and roll ... (more)
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2013
britain

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

ok
Bon

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

That made history
Jon

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

1964 the lads came to the USA and what excitement they caused. Never seen haircuts like theirs and never heard music like those blokes played.Nobody has caused such mania since that day.
No Myth

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

It is a very special day because Paul was with them on the flight over to America and landed in NYC with the rest of the Beatles. Sadly, he would be replaced 2 1/2 years later.
Hadley

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

No Myth wrote:
It is a very special day because Paul was with them on the flight over to America and landed in NYC with the rest of the Beatles. Sadly, he would be replaced 2 1/2 years later.
Yeah he got replaced by a guy that is named James Paul McCartney and the guy looks just like him and sounds just like him too. The guy is rich and on David Letterman he said he is the guy that the world knows as Sir Paul Mccartney imagine that. He is even left handed man and was married to Linda and witch Heather Mills.Now where did this replacement come from maybe Liverpool England huh?
No Myth

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Hadley wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah he got replaced by a guy that is named James Paul McCartney and the guy looks just like him and sounds just like him too. The guy is rich and on David Letterman he said he is the guy that the world knows as Sir Paul Mccartney imagine that. He is even left handed man and was married to Linda and witch Heather Mills.Now where did this replacement come from maybe Liverpool England huh?
Wrong wrong wrong. He was replaced by a look-alike named William Campbell who was right-handed and taught to play bass guitar left-handed. The voice is not exactly the same but it's close enough to pass without promoting too much scrunity. He had extensive coaching on the voice. The replacement did not come from Liverpool. William Campbell is from Toronto, Canada. If you had seen the undeniable forensic evidence which clearly shows the marked differences between Paul McCartney and William Campbell, things would be much more clear to you. There are several websites devoted to this subject that discloses forensic evidence brought to light by two Italian scientists that prove beyond all doubt that the original Paul McCartney is not the same "Paul" that appeared in late 1966 that played with the Beatles in their last concert in Candlestick Park. A few years later, they did that "rooftop" concert but it obviously was a much smaller event. Also when he was on David Letterman, he was asked about how people always question whether he is the real Paul and the rumors about how he was replaced by a guy that looks very much like him, to which Paul nervously responded, "this is him" and then immediately got a sheepish look on his face like he screwed up and let the cat out of the bag. Then Letterman broke the tension by saying " or is it?" and everyone starting laughing which came as a great relief to Faul.
No Mints

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

No Myth wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong wrong wrong. He was replaced by a look-alike named William Campbell who was right-handed and taught to play bass guitar left-handed. The voice is not exactly the same but it's close enough to pass without promoting too much scrunity. He had extensive coaching on the voice. The replacement did not come from Liverpool. William Campbell is from Toronto, Canada. If you had seen the undeniable forensic evidence which clearly shows the marked differences between Paul McCartney and William Campbell, things would be much more clear to you. There are several websites devoted to this subject that discloses forensic evidence brought to light by two Italian scientists that prove beyond all doubt that the original Paul McCartney is not the same "Paul" that appeared in late 1966 that played with the Beatles in their last concert in Candlestick Park. A few years later, they did that "rooftop" concert but it obviously was a much smaller event. Also when he was on David Letterman, he was asked about how people always question whether he is the real Paul and the rumors about how he was replaced by a guy that looks very much like him, to which Paul nervously responded, "this is him" and then immediately got a sheepish look on his face like he screwed up and let the cat out of the bag. Then Letterman broke the tension by saying " or is it?" and everyone starting laughing which came as a great relief to Faul.
Wong fu Wong fu Wong fu.
Faul,Saul,Mall,Crawl,Tall, you have a mind so small, silly goose.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

No Myth wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong wrong wrong. He was replaced by a look-alike named William Campbell who was right-handed and taught to play bass guitar left-handed. The voice is not exactly the same but it's close enough to pass without promoting too much scrunity. He had extensive coaching on the voice. The replacement did not come from Liverpool. William Campbell is from Toronto, Canada. If you had seen the undeniable forensic evidence which clearly shows the marked differences between Paul McCartney and William Campbell, things would be much more clear to you. There are several websites devoted to this subject that discloses forensic evidence brought to light by two Italian scientists that prove beyond all doubt that the original Paul McCartney is not the same "Paul" that appeared in late 1966 that played with the Beatles in their last concert in Candlestick Park. A few years later, they did that "rooftop" concert but it obviously was a much smaller event. Also when he was on David Letterman, he was asked about how people always question whether he is the real Paul and the rumors about how he was replaced by a guy that looks very much like him, to which Paul nervously responded, "this is him" and then immediately got a sheepish look on his face like he screwed up and let the cat out of the bag. Then Letterman broke the tension by saying " or is it?" and everyone starting laughing which came as a great relief to Faul.
I thought it was Wilber Campbell from Bumrush Idaho don't believe all you read man.Saul Faul Ru Paul Mccall all are replacements.
spidermonkey

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

that was really informative! i didn't even read it!
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Who cares? boring 'music' inane 'lyrics.'The beatles sucked!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
YEah, they really should have been singing about about real issues like elvis did when he sang about prison rape.

Number forty-seven said to number three:
You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see.
I sure would be delighted with your company,
Come on and do the jailhouse rock with me.
Lets rock, everybody, lets rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
Was dancin to the jailhouse rock.
Equality---

Dunfermline, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
YEah, they really should have been singing about about real issues like elvis did when he sang about prison rape.
Where you singing the above whilst you were in the prison showers, with your other sicko paedo buddies, RACIST BOY!

Do not forget to sign the sex register, or you will be going back to singing in the showers with your child abusing evil cnuty buddies, you feckin evil sicko!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Equality--- wrote:
<quoted text>Where you singing the above whilst you were in the prison showers, with your other sicko paedo buddies, RACIST BOY!
Do not forget to sign the sex register, or you will be going back to singing in the showers with your child abusing evil cnuty buddies, you feckin evil sicko!
So as well as being obsessed with sexual sadism, you also fantasise about prison shower rape?
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
And you felt the need to come on a Beatles forum and tell us this. Why?
Albert Flasher

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy don't be a square if you can't find a partner use a wooden chair. Yep real smart lyrics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Wed Octopus 12,744
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Jul 19 Jimbo 1
Today in Rock: July 14 Jul 14 Will Dockery 1
The year after the Beatles met E Jul 12 Beedle Bug 111
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
Ringo turns 74 Jul 7 Greg 1
john lennon glasses Jul 6 skamilla 1
•••
•••