Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high ...

Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling Stone's Top 500...

There are 51 comments on the WTOP story from Jan 9, 2006, titled Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling Stone's Top 500.... In it, WTOP reports that:

It's the usual suspects at the top: The Beatles, Dylan, Springsteen. . . . Best album lists are an ongoing cottage industry in rock journalism, and Rolling Stone recently threw up a small subdivision with the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jaqueline

Flores, Argentina

#1 Jan 16, 2006
hola!!! soy de argentina ,bs. as. y queria decir que GREEN DAY es lo mejor!!!! felicidades y suerte !!!! los re keremos y...billie:sos re lindo!!!! jajajaja ,chau!!!
jaqui

“Balls”

Since: Dec 05

San Meteo

#2 Jan 16, 2006
jaqueline wrote:
hola!!! soy de argentina ,bs. as. y queria decir que GREEN DAY es lo mejor!!!! felicidades y suerte !!!! los re keremos y...billie:sos re lindo!!!! jajajaja ,chau!!!
jaqui
El-Green Day-o es el mejor... que no hablo siempre español en todos sino mí tenía el intento del Internet a traducir para mí
pissed

United States

#4 Jan 26, 2006
Beatles,yes.
Dylan,maybe.
but Springsteen?- get the fuck out!
tom paine

UK

#6 Feb 13, 2006
Beatles,yes.
Dylan,maybe.
but Springsteen?- get the f##k out!

LOL. The Boss - shite house.

but Mr Dylan thats a big fuc#in' yes.
joey

Fond Du Lac, WI

#7 Mar 2, 2006
can u talk in english please
debs

Ireland

#8 Mar 17, 2006
Bruce Springsteen is a legend!
Trippin JImmy

Fort Campbell, TN

#9 Apr 1, 2006
jaqueline wrote:
jaqui
Yo quiero a mamarle
Ron

Big Lake, MN

#10 Apr 16, 2006
tom paine wrote:
Beatles,yes.
Dylan,maybe.
but Springsteen?- get the f##k out!

LOL. The Boss - shite house.

but Mr Dylan thats a big fuc#in' yes.
Absolutely! NEVER EVER relate Springtseen and Dylan or The Beatles in any way, shape, or form - Dylan and The Beatles show talent. Sprinsteen is in a class of his own - a very low class.
Brian

Hallowell, ME

#11 May 13, 2006
Is this a top 500 performers or albums or what?
Top performers: 1. Beatles, 2. Who, 3. Kinks, 4. REM, 5. U2, 6. Yardbirds, 7. Rolling Stones, 8. CCR, 9. Simon & Garfunkel, 10. Green Day, 11. Raspberries, 12. Moody Blues, 13. Paul McCartney, 14. ELO, 15. Byrds
Top Albums: 1. Revolver (Beatles), 2. Sgt. Pepper (Beatles), 3. Who's Next (Who), 4. Village Green Preservation Society (Kinks), 5. Abbey Road (Beatles), 6. Rubber Soul (Beatles), 7. Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (Pink Floyd), 8. Modern Lovers (Jonathan Richman & Modern Lovers), 9. Document (REM), 10. Band On The Run (Paul McCartney & Wings), 11. All Things Must Pass (George Harrison), 12. Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, & Thyme (Simon & Garfunkel), 13. Dookie (Green Day), 14. Days Of Future Passed (Moody Blues), 15. Scarecrow (John Mellancamp)
Peacefulla

New York, NY

#12 May 22, 2006
I love The Beatles I love Bob I do not like Springsteen
jeffr92

Charleroi, PA

#13 May 24, 2006
to have green day at 10 is a sin. hell, to talk about green day in anything but a negative light is a sin.
waring

Manassas, VA

#14 Jun 5, 2006
oh! i love springsteen! and im a dude btw... a strait one.
dylan is a god and the beetles piss me off- they are so annoying! i definatly like a lot of beetles songs though
ascnsadj

United States

#15 Aug 31, 2006
jeffr92 wrote:
to have green day at 10 is a sin. hell, to talk about green day in anything but a negative light is a sin.
if they were talking about green day "in a negative light" then they wouldn't even be on that list, which they are. and so many bands were and always will be greater than green day, which isn't just an opinion, it's a f*cking FACT.
ascnsadj

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2006
uhmmm

forget that comment

i read it wrong

wayyyy wrong
wow

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2006
dylan ,the beatles and springsteen rule in their own ways..............check out the 2007 grammy awards and say springsteen is washed up.....you'll eat those words........
I eat worms for breakfast

Green Bay, WI

#18 Oct 15, 2006
Ew, beatles? Ew, Beach Boys? Ew.
wow

United States

#19 Oct 16, 2006
your right "green day rocks"......the beatles...and the beach boys do rule..........then AND NOW.......

Green Bay, WI

#20 Oct 16, 2006
jeffr92 wrote:
It's a sin to point out other people's sins

Green Bay, WI

#21 Oct 16, 2006
wow wrote:
your right "green day rocks"......the beatles...and the beach boys do rule..........then AND NOW.......
Um, sure...
That's exactly what I said.
TMCC

UK

#22 Dec 3, 2006
The Beatles are the Greatest Band In History and i'm not surprised that they are No.1
Bob Dylan is so influential and i'm not surprised that he is in the top 10
Bruce Springsteen is a legend people call him the boss for a reason. i'm not surprised he's in the top 10

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had Fri Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... Fri Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) Fri Declining Popularity 102
News 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) May 15 RICK 12,899
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May 10 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr 27 justicewell 1
Beatles Album Revolver Apr '17 Anonymous 1
More from around the web