Eminem is first artist since Beatles ...

Eminem is first artist since Beatles to score four simultaneous Top 20 hits!

Posted in the The Beatles Forum

Bub

San Mateo, CA

#1 Nov 7, 2013
"Eminem has done something no artist has done in nearly 50 years.

He has scored four simultaneous hits in Billboard's Hot 100's Top 20 -- all as a lead artist. The last music act to have done that was the Beatles in 1964. Eminem's "Monster" is at No. 3, while "Berzerk," "Survival" and "Rap God" currently rank at 15, 16 and 17, respectively.

The Beatles had a record six singles in the Top 20 for two consecutive weeks in April 1964 with "Can't Buy Me Love," "Twist and Shout," "She Loves You," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Please Please Me" and "I Saw Her Standing There" in the first week. According to Billboard, in the second week, the Fab Four added "Do You Want to Know a Secret" "I Saw Her Standing There" dropped out of the Top 20."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57611339/...
Chris

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2013
The fact that this has happened, means that people no longer know what good music is, & music has now sunk to a new low.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#3 Nov 9, 2013
The Beatles had five songs on the U.S. top five, If my memory serves me(if not, please correct me). Eminem is alright, but, that's it. Don't make comparisons, please.
Chris

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2013
Greg wrote:
The Beatles had five songs on the U.S. top five, If my memory serves me(if not, please correct me). Eminem is alright, but, that's it. Don't make comparisons, please.
You are partially correct, the Beatles held 7 of the top 10 spots & I believe 15 spots in the top 100, all at the same time. For the top 10, 1-5 were held by the Beatles, as well #7 & #9.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>You are partially correct, the Beatles held 7 of the top 10 spots & I believe 15 spots in the top 100, all at the same time. For the top 10, 1-5 were held by the Beatles, as well #7 & #9.
http://www.beatlesbible.com/19 64/04/04/beatles-billboard-hot -100-top-five/
Greg

Athens, Greece

#6 Nov 11, 2013
You might have troubles with the link, so I have copied it and will paste it for you(It's from "the Beatles Bible"):

The Beatles occupy the Billboard Hot 100 top five
9.00am, Saturday 4 April 1964 (49 years ago)