'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Ban...

'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 46: Huntsville musicians discuss Beatles masterpiece

There are 71 comments on the Alabama Live story from May 30, 2013, titled 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 46: Huntsville musicians discuss Beatles masterpiece. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

The Beatles are shown in 1967. From left: Ringo Starr, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

Hugh Paratestes

Forsyth, GA

#22 Aug 30, 2013
I agree 110%!!!
They never could keep a tune... and the turned Americas youth into a bunch of pot smoking acid dropping hippies. LSD causes Autism, and The Beatles are to blame!!!
Fawn Dilmahbalz wrote:
The Beatles were nothing but a bunch of dope junkies making a godawful noise on theit electric twangers. I'm soo glad to see that everybody here hates them as much as I do!
Jen Italworts

Madison, AL

#23 Aug 30, 2013
John wrote Yellow Submarine after have a horrible case of diarrhea. It was coming out yellow and he was had a guitar next to his toilet.
Pat Maweini

Madison, AL

#24 Aug 30, 2013
The Beatles are the most over rated band in history. The Beatles Blow.
Russell Sterling

Columbus, GA

#27 Aug 30, 2013
I worship the Beatles!
I've always wanted to meat the Beatles!
Pat Maweini Jen Italwort

Houston, TX

#32 Sep 4, 2013
The Two of us chasing paper, getting nowhere but we are the same numb-nuts.
Anita Mandelay

Jonesboro, GA

#34 Sep 4, 2013
I've never heard that Beatles song before.
Was it very popular? I've heard most of their songs.
Pat Maweini Jen Italwort wrote:
The Two of us chasing paper, getting nowhere but we are the same numb-nuts.
Anita Mandelay

Valley, AL

#35 Sep 4, 2013
Anita, I belive that's one of their earlier hits from around 1964.
Anita Mandelay wrote:
I've never heard that Beatles song before.
Was it very popular? I've heard most of their songs.
<quoted text>
Barry McCockiner

Huntsville, AL

#36 Sep 4, 2013
Yes Anita, Pat, and Jen - this song is a rare one from their 1964 tour.
Most people never heard of the song "The Two of Us Chasing Paper". It was only played once on the Ed Sullivan Show and another time at their world famous Madison Square Mall Garden show in NYC. Ringo Starr wrote this song about George Harrison's and his own lack of song writing capabilities, with Paul McCartney and John Lennon always calling them "the same numb nuts". I saw the Beatles play it at the Von Braun Civic Center Arena during a concert just a few months ago called "The 1964 Tribute". Awesome show. Glad to see The Beatles back together again after all these years. They looked and sounded great for their age. Great job!
Anita Barris

Houston, TX

#37 Sep 4, 2013
Beats me David and William.
Like an eggman.
Anita Barris

Houston, TX

#38 Sep 4, 2013
Barry McCockiner wrote:
Yes Anita, Pat, and Jen - this song is a rare one from their 1964 tour.
Most people never heard of the song "The Two of Us Chasing Paper". It was only played once on the Ed Sullivan Show and another time at their world famous Madison Square Mall Garden show in NYC. Ringo Starr wrote this song about George Harrison's and his own lack of song writing capabilities, with Paul McCartney and John Lennon always calling them "the same numb nuts". I saw the Beatles play it at the Von Braun Civic Center Arena during a concert just a few months ago called "The 1964 Tribute". Awesome show. Glad to see The Beatles back together again after all these years. They looked and sounded great for their age. Great job!
Wow, you made this up by yourself ? You should write for Humpty Dumpty mag ..........
Anita Barry Jen and

Houston, TX

#39 Sep 4, 2013
Great job on the isp changing, must have taken you years to perfect it.
Ima Reilly Cummings

Milledgeville, GA

#41 Sep 4, 2013
What's an isp change? Did perfecting it help bring The Beatles back together again? I can see why it took so long. Glad to see them come together once again. Wish I had caught their latest 1964 tribute concert. Peace & Love to all my fellow Beatle fans!
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

#43 Sep 4, 2013
Greg wrote:
It's not my favourite Beatles' album and I'm not the only one who is saying that. However, what they did in this album was extraordinary and revolutionary for the Pop/Rock music. After 46 years still remains the band's masterpiece. Long live the Beatles!
It is a great album. However, if Tommy Roe had recorded it, it would have been considered Bubblegum.
Honk if you are horny

Houston, TX

#45 Sep 4, 2013
I just love these tidbits about this stuff, please keep posting......
No Myth

Houston, TX

#50 Sep 17, 2013
Although this is purely hypothetical, if #9 Dream had been on Sgt. Pepper it would have been the best selling album of all time. It even fit the theme of Pepper. What a boost that would have given to an already masterpiece of an album. They could have taken off "Lovely Rita" to make room for it. Just a thought.
No Myth

Houston, TX

#51 Sep 17, 2013
Ima Reilly Cummings wrote:
What's an isp change? Did perfecting it help bring The Beatles back together again? I can see why it took so long. Glad to see them come together once again. Wish I had caught their latest 1964 tribute concert. Peace & Love to all my fellow Beatle fans!
Even after Yoko fked everything up, The Beatles were STILL great. A solemn testimony to their otherworldly talents.
Tony Weatherly

Brooks, GA

#52 Sep 17, 2013
I think The Beatles has got to be the best gay band ever!
I'm sure all my Topix friends agree with me 110%!!!!!!!!!
Being a gay man myself, I like to fantasize of having a five way with the Fab Four.
No Myth

Houston, TX

#53 Sep 17, 2013
I like green eggs and ham.
Harold Weels

Madison, AL

#55 Sep 17, 2013
Pat Maweini wrote:
The Beatles are the most over rated band in history. The Beatles Blow.
I agree completely with you Pat. The Beatles Blow !
Pat

Houston, TX

#56 Sep 17, 2013
Harold Weels wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely with you Pat. I Blow !
Blow Me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) 23 hr parabolaman 285
News McCartney says he's given up pot now that he's ... Sun Sterkfontein Swar... 1
For your eyes only May 26 Little monster 23
News Beatles, stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact May 25 Ralph 2
News Get over this wife-beating poseur May 25 Ralph 15
News Jackson Gallagher Training For Charity Triathlon May 13 Jailhouse Rock 4
the beatles children and grandchildren (Mar '08) May 12 Greg 18
More from around the web