'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' turns 46: Huntsville musicians discuss Beatles masterpiece

May 30, 2013 Full story: Alabama Live 71

The Beatles are shown in 1967. From left: Ringo Starr, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Greg

Athens, Greece

#1 May 31, 2013
It's not my favourite Beatles' album and I'm not the only one who is saying that. However, what they did in this album was extraordinary and revolutionary for the Pop/Rock music. After 46 years still remains the band's masterpiece. Long live the Beatles!
Nassar

Madison, AL

#2 May 31, 2013
Beat the Meatles!
Greg

Athens, Greece

#3 Jun 1, 2013
Meet the Beatles Rassan. Kayfa haaluka?
Germantownfail

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jun 4, 2013
Revolver is the best, hands down!!
Elmer Jackson

Everett, WA

#5 Jun 4, 2013
Nassar wrote:
Beat the Meatles!
Heat the Meatballs!
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#6 Jun 4, 2013
paul mccartney's newest masterpiece " I get by with a little help from depends!"
interesting

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
paul mccartney's newest masterpiece " I get by with a little help from depends!"
I was fortunate enough to catch him in Memphis a week ago. He's also playing at Bonaroo too. It was a great concert!!
Jed Fretner

Everett, WA

#8 Jun 4, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
If you were making the kind of money he does you could become a real Sheik instead of a geek.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#9 Jun 5, 2013
It's not a matter of money rather than good music and performanship. Moreover, being 72 on 21st of June and still can fill huge stadiums where the tickets are not cheap that is something...Don't you agree, people?
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jun 5, 2013
Greg wrote:
It's not a matter of money rather than good music and performanship. Moreover, being 72 on 21st of June and still can fill huge stadiums where the tickets are not cheap that is something...Don't you agree, people?
No doubt. When I saw him in Memphis, it was with a bunch of old people and even without the usual "enhancers" I usually take for a concert, it was the best one I've EVER been to. I've seen Phish, Snoop Dog, James Taylor, My Morning Jacket, Allman Brothers, etc, etc, etc. Without a doubt, this topped all of them, and it wasn't even close.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#11 Jun 5, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt. When I saw him in Memphis, it was with a bunch of old people and even without the usual "enhancers" I usually take for a concert, it was the best one I've EVER been to. I've seen Phish, Snoop Dog, James Taylor, My Morning Jacket, Allman Brothers, etc, etc, etc. Without a doubt, this topped all of them, and it wasn't even close.
You are lucky, Interesting. I hope that you will continue to be healthy and lucky to see more. I have seen a lot of classic rokers here in Greece but, you in the States are more lucky because you have many big cities and stadiums and that means more money. And-of course-American audience is great.
Stan and Kyle

Madison, AL

#12 Jun 5, 2013
How can people head bang that are bald headed?
Chester

Everett, WA

#13 Jun 5, 2013
Stan and Kyle wrote:
How can people head bang that are bald headed?
They grease their heads up and slip bang their heads.
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#14 Jun 5, 2013
Nassar wrote:
Beat the Meatles!
Somebody's heard the Don Imus clip "The Black Beatles" Surprised he never got in any heat for that one.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#15 Jun 6, 2013
Greg wrote:
Oops...Paul was born on 18th of June, sorry. I think that Brian Wilson was born on 20th or 21st of the same year(1942). No, 20. 20 of June.
Interesting

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jun 7, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Oops...Paul was born on 18th of June, sorry. I think that Brian Wilson was born on 20th or 21st of the same year(1942). No, 20. 20 of June.
I never realized their birthdays were that close together.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#17 Jun 7, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I never realized their birthdays were that close together.
Yeah. Interesting, isn't it?

“LADYVERO R.N.”

Since: Feb 09

Chihuahua, Mexico

#18 Jun 21, 2013
Happy Birthday to Paul and Brian, best albums of the 1966.
No Myth

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 30, 2013
Everybody all of a sudden changed their look by growing long hair and moustaches to draw attention away from Paul's replacement Willie Campbell. How clever.
Fawn Dilmahbalz

Carrollton, GA

#21 Aug 30, 2013
The Beatles were nothing but a bunch of dope junkies making a godawful noise on theit electric twangers. I'm soo glad to see that everybody here hates them as much as I do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 7 hr The Guest 12,755
Who invented the Beatles' logo? Sun Greg 1
The Beatlesa Jewish Roots Sun Dr Cosmo Arse-Bandit 6
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Sep 10 DUH 22
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... Sep 10 goodvibrations 5
Pete Best says Ringo Starr enjoyed the fruits o... (Aug '06) Sep 10 gmc68beatle 385
British Invasion revisited at the Gaslamp Resta... Sep 9 no name 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

The Beatles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••