Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

the kook wrote:
The Beatles were BEYOND overrated!
And Lennon wasnt the decent singer, it was McCartney, Lennon was TERRIBLE!!
If you wanna hear the best band from the 60s get a Beach Boys album, Pet Sounds, Today, Little Deuce Coupe, Summer Days, Wild Honey, Sunflower, Holland etc...... theyre all good.
Brian Wilson was who the Beatles emulated and wanted to be, and even tho the Beatles were marketed like crazy they never achieved Wilson's brilliance.
The Beatles were quantity, the Beach Boys were quality.
The Beach Boys suck and they surpassed ''Wilson's brilliance'' and all thoese suck ass like you do.
Awchew

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Awgu wrote:
<quoted text>
The Beach Boys suck and they surpassed ''Wilson's brilliance'' and all thoese suck ass like you do.
Yeah man the Beach Bums were better Man.
the kook

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Awgu wrote:
<quoted text>
NO- you suck ya dolt!

I'd like to see what your idea of good music is, probably something beyond lame.
Barbara

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

I think the Beatles are the most overrated band on history. I'll take the Beach Boys and their album Pet Sounds any day.
Biff clayton Sod

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Barbara wrote:
I think the Beatles are the most overrated band on history. I'll take the Beach Boys and their album Pet Sounds any day.
I think the Beagles are the most overrated dogs in history. I'll take the Leash Boys and their wet sounds any day.

Since: May 10

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

The Beatles were always overrated. The 60s are over. Three chords and a doofy kiddie melody aren't enough. They have always sucked, always will suck. That's just the truth. Anyone who claims otherwise is a geraitric old fart who can't admit they are on the brink of death or just some mindless asshole who has to have Rolling Stone magazine do all of their thinking for them.
kookadams

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Smartest Man in Glasgow wrote:
The Beatles were always overrated. The 60s are over. Three chords and a doofy kiddie melody aren't enough. They have always sucked, always will suck. That's just the truth. Anyone who claims otherwise is a geraitric old fart who can't admit they are on the brink of death or just some mindless asshole who has to have Rolling Stone magazine do all of their thinking for them.
AMEN!!!
Dumb Man from Glasgow

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Smartest Man in Glasgow wrote:
You are a real ignorant tool who knows nothing about music and your opinion is worthless just like your taste in music just shut the hell up and listen to your Barry Manilow records or your ignorant lady Gaga Cd's.
Spook adams

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

kookadams wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!!!
Omen another dumbass here I see.
kookadams

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Spook adams wrote:
<quoted text>Omen another dumbass here I see.
yeah yourself 'spook adams'- what are ya????
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

the kook wrote:
<quoted text>
One again- are you joking or just ignorant?
Lennon was NOT a good singer, he was ok, nothing incredible. All the Beach Boys were great singers, specially Carl.
You do realize you're on a Beatles forum, right? What makes you think you can come on here bashing John Lennon & get away with it. I'm neither joking or ignorant, what I am is a Beatle fan and I will not let anyone talk trash about them
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize you're on a Beatles forum, right? What makes you think you can come on here bashing John Lennon & get away with it. I'm neither joking or ignorant, what I am is a Beatle fan and I will not let anyone talk trash about them
right on Chris these morons need to be told.
levelor

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize you're on a Beatles forum, right? What makes you think you can come on here bashing John Lennon & get away with it. I'm neither joking or ignorant, what I am is a Beatle fan and I will not let anyone talk trash about them
Lighten up, Francis. Even a monster Beatles lover like myself recognizes that John's singing voice was never all that great individually. For that matter, neither is Paul's. But they harmonized about as good as anyone else.
Chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>right on Chris these morons need to be told.
Thanks Bubba I just get tired of people. who think they need to come on here & tell us how much the Beatles suck.
kookadams

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah with all due respect the Beachboys were great but they were never in the same league as the Beatles.I certainly wouldn't go on a Beach Boy forum and trash them. The Beatles did very well because of their talent and hard work and determination and that's why they became so famous and loved if dimwits want to say they were overrated then they really don't know much about the Beatles or music in general.Maybe the Monkees were overrated.
Talent and hard work, ok.... The beatles did very well because of GEORGE MARTIN and consistent marketing/promotion. And then their abilities comes next, which were minimal.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

kookadams wrote:
<quoted text>
Talent and hard work, ok.... The beatles did very well because of GEORGE MARTIN and consistent marketing/promotion. And then their abilities comes next, which were minimal.
They must've done something right because most of the songs are classics. While some songs are a little rough around the edges, it was made very quickly to get it out since all four musicians had input into their creation. Once The Beatles got to a certain point, they really did not need much marketing and promotion because a new Beatles album would instantly sell. It was the sixties and you must take in account how amazing their leap in song craft was at the time.

From "Help" to "Rubber Soul" to "Revolver" to "Sargent Pepper"

Without the songs and the musical ability, George Martin would've had nothing to work with. The progress was stunning. Obviously, music during that time was heard in hit single format built around album tracks. The Beatles created the whole album as a listening experience, which told a story as an album. It was very important to the development of FM radio rock. No one was really doing that before 1966.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Bubba I just get tired of people. who think they need to come on here & tell us how much the Beatles suck.
Opinions are like assh*les, everybody has one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Well said and right on Octopus.
A person can not judge a band or an artist without hearing their entire output. A "Greatest Hits" collection would never do them justice because the best tracks were album tracks, singles, b sides or alternate versions. That is true with any artist. The Beatles chose the masters and the albums were put out at the time. But hearing radical different takes and fairly unknown works certainly show them as one of the most creative studio rock bands that ever lived. How is that being over rated? A person would have to desire seeking out these things to hear how The Beatles vastly improved as they went along. All four of them had to approve of the masters and what got released and what didn't. Something like "Rain" "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" "Old Brown Shoe" "The Inner Light" "Hey, Bulldog" or "It's All Too Much" may not be a smash hit like "Let It Be" but they are superior. It is all about finding the really good stuff, which are rarely the well known radio hits.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>That's right Octo the flip side of She Loves You was a song called I'll get you. It was better than she Loves you but didn't get much radio play at all.
Of course, The Beatles always had superior tracks that were never radio hits. The point is that the songwriting improved in such a short span of time and both Lennon and McCartney were mass producing them at a rapid rate. Not all the songs that they worked on made it on album. They gave songs away to other artists also. It was a band decision and obviously because of Bob Dylan, the songs made a giant leap in lyrical meaning, which can first be heard on "Help" then "Rubber Soul" At the same time, Brain Wilson was working on his aborted sessions for "Smile" and the rest of The Beach Boys thought it was too weird. "Pet Sounds" was released the same year as "Revolver" in 1966. Brian Wilson, being on LSD and having mental issues with his dad lost the opportunity when he gave up on "Smile" and The Beatles "Sargent Pepper" took the world by storm. But because of that, it doesn't exactly make The Beatles over rated. Brain Wilson just gave up trying to top them.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, The Beatles always had superior tracks that were never radio hits. The point is that the songwriting improved in such a short span of time and both Lennon and McCartney were mass producing them at a rapid rate. Not all the songs that they worked on made it on album. They gave songs away to other artists also. It was a band decision and obviously because of Bob Dylan, the songs made a giant leap in lyrical meaning, which can first be heard on "Help" then "Rubber Soul" At the same time, Brain Wilson was working on his aborted sessions for "Smile" and the rest of The Beach Boys thought it was too weird. "Pet Sounds" was released the same year as "Revolver" in 1966. Brian Wilson, being on LSD and having mental issues with his dad lost the opportunity when he gave up on "Smile" and The Beatles "Sargent Pepper" took the world by storm. But because of that, it doesn't exactly make The Beatles over rated. Brain Wilson just gave up trying to top them.
Funny thing is Brian Wilson admired Paul Mccartney and Paul admired Brian. Both are musical genius when it comes to composing songs. Brian did have bad mental issues and didn't even go to his Dads funeral. His dad was a control freak it sounded like.Dylan had a big influence on John and by Rubber soul George was becoming a much better song writer also.The Beatles helped other artist like Chad and Jeremy and were a big help to Badfinger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 901 - 920 of1,069
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Beatles Discussions

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 6 hr Octopus 12,736
The year after the Beatles met E Sat Beedle Bug 111
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
Ringo turns 74 Jul 7 Greg 1
john lennon glasses Jul 6 skamilla 1
3 vip tickets for ringo starr july 13 san jose Jul 1 StarkeyTix 2
Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles Jun 19 BeatleFan56 1
•••
•••