150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12902 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Victor Abreu Miami Beach

North Miami Beach, FL

#14441 May 5, 2014
To Rick: I could not have stated it better. I happened to agree with everything you just finished stating. But keep in mind Rick, that Elvis predates everything. The RIAA and the Grammys came years after Elvis single handedly revolutionized the world of music. And yet, in all fairness, all the reliable and respected musical pundits and historians such as Joel Whitburn rank Elvis as the greatest recording artist of all time. This is essential food for thought: Peace out my good buddy.
cookie monster

London, UK

#14445 May 7, 2014
Li'l Mikey is the best selling artist of all time.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14446 May 7, 2014
cookie monster wrote:
Li'l Mikey is the best selling artist of all time.
No Elvis #1
Little monster

Birmingham, UK

#14447 May 7, 2014
jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
No Elvis #1
I agree with you Jim,

All the best Little monster, Manchester.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14448 May 7, 2014
And I think it's really great that Princes William and Harry of England are in Memphis and toured Graceland while in town for a friend's wedding.Elvis continues to be quite popular in England and rest of the U.K,as well as the rest of the world also,quite an accomplishment for a former Crown Electric Co. truck driver from Tupelo,Missisipi,peace out

Location hidden

#14450 May 8, 2014
I was commenting on a facebook group Elvis appreciation Wave- A photo of Elvis that was photo shopped and I pointed that out *Elvis head with different body. They got mad and saying it was all him and kicked me out of the group! haha I sure hope someone comes along and says I was right!

“X's and O's”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#14452 May 8, 2014
jim - wrote:
I was commenting on a facebook group Elvis appreciation Wave- A photo of Elvis that was photo shopped and I pointed that out *Elvis head with different body. They got mad and saying it was all him and kicked me out of the group! haha I sure hope someone comes along and says I was right!
How rude of them!:)
George Law

Modane, France

#14455 May 9, 2014
All Beatles songs are ranked on this site!
http://jersy.alwaysdata.net/cgi-bin/charts.pl...
We can take part in the voting too.
Little monster

Birmingham, UK

#14456 May 9, 2014
George Law wrote:
All Beatles songs are ranked on this site!
http://jersy.alwaysdata.net/cgi-bin/charts.pl...
We can take part in the voting too.
Wrong site try the Beatles topix forum.

All the best Little monster.

Location hidden

#14458 May 10, 2014
Oh well found out I was wrong! It was orginal photo! Seen the proof myself ! It was a rare photo I'd never seen . Elvis is a more detail gathering hobby where as fans like me have been seeing hearing learning more about him as time goes by. Listeng watching learning since I was very young maybe 4 years old -1965.I liked Rock and roll ,top 40,blues,country,motown,hard rock* great time growing up in the 60's and 70's. There are suppose to be a few different movies about Elvis coming out sometime.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14461 May 28, 2014
All I've tried to do with my comments is to try to debunk the false myths about Elvis perpetuated by the Liberal media hacks.NO.1,that the other so called 50's rock legends were EQUALLY popular and important as Elvis,NOT TRUE.Rock and Roll was a fad that was beginning to fade in late 1955,Elvis and Elvis ALONE catapulted Rock to great success and prominence,the Buddy Hollys,the Eddie Cochrans,the Everly Brothers,the Gene Vincents,the Roy Orbisons and many others emerged in Elvis's wake.NO.2.That the soundtrack period was a great failure,NOT TRUE.with 9 long playing soundtrack albums set to be certified gold this year,almost ALL of the soundtracks will have gold or platinum certification,a very successful period from a commercial standpoint,which also underscores the great loyalty of his fans as well.NO.3.that Elvis was nothing more than a lazy artist in the `70's,NOT TRUE.Elvis recorded many terrific songs in the `70's,from `Promised Land' to `Burning Love ' to `T-R-O-U-B-L-E' to great live performances of `Polk Salad Annie' and `Unchained Melody' and many others,a masterful period,in my opinion.and NO.4.that The Beatles were bigger than Elvis,NOT TRUE.Elvis enjoyed more OVERALL success on the charts than they did,Elvis had the most hit singles and albums,and Elvis's success was not only on the pop charts,but on other charts as well[Country,Rn'B,Soul,and others],and in record sales and certified discs,it's not even a contest,Elvis is the winner,hands down,the media in this country is full of you know what,peace out.
frankkoman

Masontown, PA

#14463 May 30, 2014
MICHAEL I WANT YOU BACK

UK

#14467 May 31, 2014
OMG what planet are you on.Elvis is so
Overrated.the only thing hes good at and that is
To mime on stage and sing other peoples songs
He was out when there was not many good artist about the truth is Michael Jackson beats Elvis
Led zepplin,the beatles and every other artist hands down.nobody even talks about Elvis in today charts.all Elvis fans can go and get a
dictonary.and look up the word talent because its not Elvis.they can just take a hike.Michael Jackson
Is the Master and the king of music dance film and entetainment.no matter what people say thats what he is.Michael is number one because he is
So incredibly talented.hes got the looks.he got the body hes super hot and sexy! Hes got the voice
He can sing,dance,beatbox songwriter,Producer
Record producer Musician composer choreographer actor filmmaker .the biggest superstar on the planet and the greatest entetainer
And showman of all time.he also can write poetry
And draw incredibly talented he rules the music world Michael Jackson was the whole package he was the best and nothing or nobody will ever take his place he was a phenomenal and the greatest man that ever lived.we love you MJ

Location hidden

#14468 May 31, 2014
I'm an Elvis fan forever who thinks MJ was a good dancer and an ok singer . Mj was definitely not greatest man who ever lived- He was a liar , pedophile .He turned himself into looking a freak with all the plastic surgery. Can you imagine how twisted his thinkin was ???
MJ should of went to prison!

“X's and O's”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#14469 May 31, 2014
jim - wrote:
I'm an Elvis fan forever who thinks MJ was a good dancer and an ok singer . Mj was definitely not greatest man who ever lived- He was a liar , pedophile .He turned himself into looking a freak with all the plastic surgery. Can you imagine how twisted his thinkin was ???
You and I are on the same page, my friend!:)
MICHAEL I WANT YOU BACK

UK

#14470 May 31, 2014
jim - wrote:
why would he go to prison you idiots. When he was innocent
Nothing ever happened its all been invented.its a big fat lie.to get a piece of Michael's fortune.

Michael had a beautiful heart. And no matter
What he went through he always loved everyone
And saw the good in people.and he was beautiful
Charming gentle and loving and a very sweet person. Many people who dont know Michael
Jackson as well as his fans do they dont give him
The credit he deserves.MJ was the best .I will support him and be there for him always.the person I trust is Michael.get back to the topix about the music give him a break.its not my fault
Because elvis sucks.Elvis was so overrated.he mimes and sings other peoples songs except
The fact Michael was the greatest man that ever lived he was the best.and the greatest entertainer of all time.and so hot and sexy all the way through
MICHAEL I WANT YOU BACK

UK

#14471 May 31, 2014
Michael Jackson he is the ultimate artist no Elvis
Or any other artist could come near him.he offered the world so much that no one can beat.Michael
Was once in a lifetime and was blessed.if any other
Artist ever imagine to be compared with Michael
Jackson he is the biggest fool Michael's the real
And only king.hes prince king and Icon who changed the world of music (all by himself)
He also changed the world of dance forever
(All by himself) and when he is on stage not even
All the artists on the planet could compete with
Him,his vocal range and strengh have never been
Matched and they never will he was so humble and down to earth with a wonderful sense of humor
He is the biggest superstar on the planet.he helped
Create the moves and voice that Inspired a new
Generation of artist his voice was incredibly powerful and was always filled with true emotion
The world followed him.and people still copy him
To this day.he was just too perfect.Michael Jackson the true king of pop rock soul hip hop
And the only one that will ever rule the music world

“Dark Lord of All.”

Since: Jun 13

The Untempered Schism.

#14473 May 31, 2014
MICHAEL I WANT YOU BACK wrote:
Michael Jackson the true king of pop rock soul hip hop
Jacko was the king of freaks and raping boys, nothing more.
Jickey

Everett, WA

#14474 Jun 1, 2014
Michael Jackson was the King of Floons. He was full of shuck and jive. He lusted after pre-teen boys and was a freak. Far from perfect and the only ones that followed him were floons and geeks
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14476 Jun 9, 2014
All of you know of my great respect for The Recording Industry Association of America[yeah,right],or the R.I.A.A,here's some examples of what I think the R.I.A.A should REALLY stand for.Ridiculously Inaccurate Accounting Always,Retarded Imbeciles And Assholes,Revellers In Anal Antics and my personal favorite,Registrants In Alcoholics Anonymous,because with the absurdly inaccurate sales figures for Elvis they've been touting for decades,these bozos have to be juiced to the gills while doing their `accounting',and in this case I use the word `accounting' VERY loosely,peace out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new george martin interview he apologizes to p... (Feb '08) Sep 9 macca 20
Samples Aug 27 djhope 1
News Radio Faces Big Test In Pennsylvania That Will ... Aug 27 Hair Nation 2
Earliest/Rarest!! This is a DIFFICULT questio... Aug 24 merseymale 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... Aug 23 PrinterBench Tech 3
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
News Mourners pay tribute to Judge Barron (Dec '08) May '17 In the know 14
More from around the web