150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments (Page 631)

Showing posts 12,601 - 12,620 of12,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

Elvis / Beatles togather and everything else = 50/50 split on music that I have listen to,enjoyed and have been inspired by. I think I read that Elvis liked John Lennon when he met him in 1965.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

jim - wrote:
Elvis / Beatles togather and everything else = 50/50 split on music that I have listen to,enjoyed and have been inspired by. I think I read that Elvis liked John Lennon when he met him in 1965.
Yeah, Elvis was nice to all The Beatles when they met with him in August, 1965. However, he never directly criticized them in public but all four Beatles have not shown the same respect for Elvis though. Each one made negative comments beginning with John Lennon. If Elvis had wanted to, he could have criticized The Beatles and John Lennon over John and Yoko's "Two Virgins" album cover or laughed at Yoko's tortured cat squeals. In regards to the music Elvis made, John Lennon should have kept his twisted mouth shut. George Harrison did not like Elvis's show at MSG but changed himself and was no longer doing tunes like "Love Me Do" "My Bonnie" or "Devil In Her Heart" but expected Elvis to stay the same. Paul McFartney with is inflated ego, simply enjoys being pat on the back for being a muppet. And Ringo Starr actually believes that Elvis wanted The Beatles deported when The Beatles were no longer a band because someone told him so. Yeah, right.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

I've known a die hard Beatle fan in real life and they certainly come off with this imaginary attitude that The Beatles changed everything and wiped Elvis clear off the map. Her comments were very much like what Chris and Bubba have claimed in the past. She felt that it was her right to repeat the same old garbage that has been told on Elvis in the past. However, when I pointed out The Beatles obvious flaws, she did not like it and thought I was being mean. Yet, she couldn't understand why I would not accept her veiews on Elvis as written from the side of the sixties cultural media. She refused to believe anything else. I find that amusing. The Beatles can not stand on their own without the brainwashing.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2014

Judged:

*views
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

And it doesn't make a difference to me if Elvis has the most gold and platinum discs either,Octo,those awards are how the the public responded to the art that Elvis produced,and are also confirmation that A LOT of people agree with your estimation and mine that Elvis was the best there ever was,that is the only reason I bring those facts up,but that viewpoint is never represented by the liberal media hacks,the only thing that has dominated their conversations about Elvis is pure negativism,some of their articles paint Elvis as some kind of buffoon,or 1 hit wonder,or some jumpsuited,no talent clown that has no fans at all,and for a man who achieved so much in the entertainment industry,this is not right.But when Elvis was ALIVE,these cowards never attacked him in the vicious way they have done since his death,because they didn't have the guts,and that's the solemn truth,peace out.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

RICK wrote:
And it doesn't make a difference to me if Elvis has the most gold and platinum discs either,Octo,those awards are how the the public responded to the art that Elvis produced,and are also confirmation that A LOT of people agree with your estimation and mine that Elvis was the best there ever was,that is the only reason I bring those facts up,but that viewpoint is never represented by the liberal media hacks,the only thing that has dominated their conversations about Elvis is pure negativism,some of their articles paint Elvis as some kind of buffoon,or 1 hit wonder,or some jumpsuited,no talent clown that has no fans at all,and for a man who achieved so much in the entertainment industry,this is not right.But when Elvis was ALIVE,these cowards never attacked him in the vicious way they have done since his death,because they didn't have the guts,and that's the solemn truth,peace out.
The sixties cultural media only focuses on derogatory Elvis impersonator trash, which is really annoying. They lump all Elvis fans into one basket. I wish that they would stop but it they continue with the same disproven crap that has been repeated for thirty five years. It is obvious that they believe that all Elvis fans live in a fantasy world and collect Teddy Bears. I seek out the real Elvis, which is the music. There is no reason for anyone to be negative on Elvis but they continue to do so because they want to still discount the man without actually digging deeper. As for Elvis having the most gold and platinum awards and being the biggest selling artist of all time, I never expected it nor do I want to brag about his achievements. I just think that because Elvis is misunderstood, they take shots at him to discredit him. It is wrong on all levels. Derogatory things can definitely be told and written about The Beatles as well. However, they still refrain on publishing negative stories on them or do they want to capitalize on trashing The Beatles flaws and faults. It always has to be Elvis that gets attacked. I am really tired of it and that is why I am complaining.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Elvis was nice to all The Beatles when they met with him in August, 1965. However, he never directly criticized them in public but all four Beatles have not shown the same respect for Elvis though. Each one made negative comments beginning with John Lennon. If Elvis had wanted to, he could have criticized The Beatles and John Lennon over John and Yoko's "Two Virgins" album cover or laughed at Yoko's tortured cat squeals. In regards to the music Elvis made, John Lennon should have kept his twisted mouth shut. George Harrison did not like Elvis's show at MSG but changed himself and was no longer doing tunes like "Love Me Do" "My Bonnie" or "Devil In Her Heart" but expected Elvis to stay the same. Paul McFartney with is inflated ego, simply enjoys being pat on the back for being a muppet. And Ringo Starr actually believes that Elvis wanted The Beatles deported when The Beatles were no longer a band because someone told him so. Yeah, right.
I don't know maybe someone knows in the Memphis Mafia if Elvis ever laughed about Yoko's tortured cats squeals.* someone should of played him some -it be like a comedy sketch worthy of Saturday Night Live!=)
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know maybe someone knows in the Memphis Mafia if Elvis ever laughed about Yoko's tortured cats squeals.* someone should of played him some -it be like a comedy sketch worthy of Saturday Night Live!=)
The Stanley brothers listened to the rock bands of the day in the seventies like Led Zeppelin and Bad Company. I've read that they once played "Stairway To Heaven" for Elvis and he liked it. I do not know if Elvis actually knew of Yoko Ono or would have really cared what she did on John Lennon albums. At least, he did not force an untalented Priscilla onto his fans and do recordings with her even though she couldn't sing. I can imagine what Elvis would have thought if he heard Yoko but he probably wouldn't have said anything against her in public. He had too much class.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

And alongside Jann `wiener' Wenner,Fred `braindead Bronson and their ilk is Susan Lacey,producer of `American Masters'.She is another suffocating liberal and the people she selects as `American Masters' are artists whose politics are left wing ,so what does that mean you ask,it means that any great artist who supported or befriended any right wing politician are EXCLUDED from consideration as an `American Master',that's why you've never seen shows on such artistic greats as Elvis,who befriended Nixon,James Cagney,who was a great friend and supporter of Ronald Reagan,Frank Sinatra,who was a great friend of Nixon and Ronald Reagan,John Wayne and many others.All I have to say to ms.Lacey is these men were great artists,and deserve to be recognized as such,and POLITICS should not enter into the great art they gave the world,wake up and smell the coffee,ms.Lacey,and do what is RIGHT,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

And it's important to point out also,ms. Lacey,that Elvis Presley was politically NEUTRAL,he befriended politicians who were Republican and Democrat,he didn't like Eisenhower and was in support of DEMOCRAT Adlai Stevenson in the 1956 presidential election,received a hand written letter from President Kennedy,congratulating him for his service in the military,he also supported Johnson and Nixon,and he was a great friend and supporter of DEMOCRATIC President Jimmy Carter,Elvis was not a political person and he DIDN'T VOTE AT ALL,he just befriended these politicians,that's all,so in future `American Masters' telecasts,take this into consideration and show some respect and do a show on Elvis,because whether you know it or not,he is an `American Master',peace out.
Not JFK

Berowra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2014

Judged:

RICK wrote:
received a hand written letter from President Kennedy,congratulating him for his service in the military
Really? JFK? The man who was elected President in November 1960 and sworn in as President in January 1961 managed to write a letter to Elvis about his Army service, when Elvis left the Army in March 1960? Never happened.

A letter of that magnitude has never been mentioned before, and is certainly not on display at Graceland. Never happened.

The only letters Elvis got from presidents were one public - and three private - from Nixon, and a telegram to he and The Colonel from Johnson. All of which are on display at Graceland.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

Judged:

I believe the letter he received from Kennedy was auctioned off a few years back,all I know this news report said that some of Elvis's things were auctioned off,including this supposed letter from Kennedy,but the news media,in addition to being idiots,are also inaccurate with their stories sometimes,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

And is there any way an Elvis fan can get a DVD or BLU-RAY copy of his second movie,`LOVING YOU',I've been hoping that some exec at NBC[who owns the rights with Paramount,and who are solely responsible for this movie not being given wide release]might read my posts and make some kind of arrangement for this film to be made available,this is one of my favorite Elvis movies,it represented some important firsts in his movie career,it was his first starring role in a movie,[in `LOVE ME TENDER'he was given THIRD billing,behind Richard Egan and Debra Paget],and it was his first full blown musical film as well as being his first color release,I'm hoping that someday this film will be easy to find,peace out.
Victor Abreu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

Judged:

To Rick: I have a DVD copy of the original Loving You soundtrack. I bought it many years ago. Check Amazon, Rick. In fact I will look for it and let you know,my good buddy: Peace out!!
Dolbyscat

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2014

Judged:

RICK wrote:
,I've been hoping that some exec at NBC[who owns the rights with Paramount,and who are solely responsible for this movie not being given wide release]might read my posts.
RICKY, I highly doubt that any NBC executive would even understand your posts, even if by some chance they did read them.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Good to hear from you again,Victor,`LOVING YOU'[1957],his second motion picture,is by far the most difficult of all his movies to find,and it's a real shame because it's one of his finest musicals and it captures Elvis in his all his sideburned,pre-army glory,and the music is a lot of fun to listen to as well,[I have the soundtrack album on vinyl and CD as well],and it's the only Elvis movie I don't have in my collection,I would really love to have this movie,peace to you,Victor.
elvis dot com dot au

Berowra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

RICK wrote:
Good to hear from you again,Victor,`LOVING YOU'[1957],his second motion picture,is by far the most difficult of all his movies to find,and it's a real shame because it's one of his finest musicals and it captures Elvis in his all his sideburned,pre-army glory,and the music is a lot of fun to listen to as well,[I have the soundtrack album on vinyl and CD as well],and it's the only Elvis movie I don't have in my collection,I would really love to have this movie,peace to you,Victor.
Loving You has been widely available on DVD for years, longer than most other films; a quick internet search will confirm this.
You can order a copy via our website, or easily in the US where you are.
http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod917.htm#sthash.5...
Elvis Australia
Banditelvis

Oceanside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Judged:

Absolutely not even a contest Elvis is by far the biggest seller!! to even put MJ in Elvis class is a joke!
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
KB50MJ wrote:
Thanks IFIP for proving that MJ is the biggest selling solo artist in music history.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Elvis is the best selling artist of all time because he didn't limit himself musically.The problem with the overwhelming majority of black artists is they root their music in soul or Rn'B,and do not branch out from these 2 styles.Of course there are some exceptions,such as Jimi Hendrix,or country singer Charlie Pride,or Ray Charles.Elvis' musical approach was far more encompassing,he performed all styles of music in all genres,Rock,Rockabilly,Country ,ballads,Blues,Gospel,Soul,[he was the most succesful WHITE act in the history of the Billboard Soul Chart,24 hits,4 no.1's]adult contemporary,and has enjoyed several hits on the dance charts as well,he also performed Hawaiian music,Latin music,light Italian opera[`It's Now or Never',`Surrender',etc..],and German music as well such as the European hit `Wooden Heart',so Elvis did it all,and the Liberal hack music critics don't like artists like Elvis,they appreciate artists that can be pidgeonholed to one style,and that's all,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

And I think this ALWAYS bears repeating,until ALL of Elvis 's U.S record sales are properly tabulated,The Recording Industry Association of America will always be considered an organization that has absolutely no credibility,an organization that has constructed a set of ridiculous rules that waters down or burys the TRUE sales statistics of great artists,and no great artist has suffered more from this than Elvis Aaron Presley,no other even comes close,and it is also quite obvious that they are biased in favor of The Beatles,and will continue to manipulate their rules and sales figures to keep them FALSELY propped up as no.1,EVEN THOUGH ELVIS IS THE TOP SELLING ACT OF ALL TIME,when his so called `uncredited' record sales are thrown into the mix,a sad state of affairs from a sad organization,peace out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,601 - 12,620 of12,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Beatles Discussions

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Jul 19 Jimbo 1
Today in Rock: July 14 Jul 14 Will Dockery 1
The year after the Beatles met E Jul 12 Beedle Bug 111
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
Ringo turns 74 Jul 7 Greg 1
john lennon glasses Jul 6 skamilla 1
3 vip tickets for ringo starr july 13 san jose Jul 1 StarkeyTix 2
•••
•••