150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,846

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14335 Mar 27, 2014
Right on,Octo,I couldn't agree with you and Victor more,as long time fans who know Elvis' music inside and out,WE know what a genius Elvis was,in all eras of his career,and on the subject of Paul Mcfartney,his record company should put out a box set of his solo career,and it should be appropriately titled`music to commit suicide by',peace out.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14336 Mar 27, 2014
RICK wrote:
Right on,Octo,I couldn't agree with you and Victor more,as long time fans who know Elvis' music inside and out,WE know what a genius Elvis was,in all eras of his career,and on the subject of Paul Mcfartney,his record company should put out a box set of his solo career,and it should be appropriately titled`music to commit suicide by',peace out.
The truth is that I really do not care what The Beatles have done or what they've done in their solo careers. What pisses me off the most is the obnoxious attitude they have towards Elvis like their little band made him not relevant after 1963. That is false and I've heard the same put downs of Elvis for close to forty years. The Beatles still get a lot of overblown hype. In real life some Beatle fans have snickered and laughed at Elvis and I simply point out some of The Beatles flaws. They can dish it out on Elvis but get hurt and angry when I give my opinions on their precious Beatles. In reality, Elvis was superior in every way. They seem to judge Elvis based on his greatest hits without out having any earthy clue what they are talking about. Some even think a bad Elvis impersonator is Elvis. Pure ignorance. Since I know that Paul McFartney's solo career sounds like he was a singing Muppet. He is now old and can barely sing yet, they give him five Grammy awards. You know the bias and the bullshit still goes on. Paul McFartney puts me to sleep. So after many years, I just do not care what goes on. I just enjoy the brilliant music I am still finding on Elvis. I try not to listen to the negative, tired propaganda of Elvis being a has been or on his last legs. I think they believe Elvis fans are crazy because Elvis did not make "Sgt Pepper" ? Please.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14337 Mar 27, 2014
RICK wrote:
Right on,Octo,I couldn't agree with you and Victor more,as long time fans who know Elvis' music inside and out,WE know what a genius Elvis was,in all eras of his career,and on the subject of Paul Mcfartney,his record company should put out a box set of his solo career,and it should be appropriately titled`music to commit suicide by',peace out.
I just recieved my package of "Elvis concerts in the mail, which includes some newly discovered and remastered sources of some great concerts. The closing night in Lake Tahoe May 9th 1976 is one of them. It was Elvis's longest ever show. Here is a list of my latest Elvis order:

"Rare Elvis Vol 7"
"Standing Room Only"
"Watching Dreams Turn To Ashes" (two 9-2-72 shows)
"Sin City's Hottest Ticket" (two 8-23-73 shows)
"Turning Night Into Daytime" (Las Vegas 8-31-73 MS)
"Sheveport, La (6-7-75 Afternoon show)
"You'll Never Walk Alone" (Uniondale, NY 7-19-75 Evening show)
"Over The Limit" (Lake Tahoe 5-9-76 Closing Night) 2 discs

That is 11 new Elvis CD's this time because my friend gave me a couple of his older titles.

Yep, Elvis was really lazy in the seventies.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14340 Mar 27, 2014
I like Frank Zappa -He was very unique - I like posting his song Dancing Fool for the MJ fans- Elvis is the King though-His 70's work is my favorite though because that's was his current out put when I really became big fan even though I was aware of who he was in late 60's *I was born in 61
Chris

United States

#14346 Mar 28, 2014
Don't any of you have anything better to do, than to talk trash about the Beatles. So you love Elvis & think he's the greatest thing ever, good for you. But, how does trashing the Beatles enhance Elvis's legacy? The answer is, it doesn't. So, it must be jealousy that motivates you. I'm sorry that some of you, don't want to acknowledge the greatness of the Beatles. But, the facts speak for themselves. Even though I'm not a huge Elvis fan, I will still acknowledge his greatness. The Beatles are the greatest rock band ever, & that's not going to change anytime soon. So, all you haters better get used to it. And, stop trashing Paul too, afterall, he's not the most successful songwriter for nothing. The man has a gift, that millions like me, are glad he's sharing with us
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14347 Mar 28, 2014
Chris wrote:
Don't any of you have anything better to do, than to talk trash about the Beatles. So you love Elvis & think he's the greatest thing ever, good for you. But, how does trashing the Beatles enhance Elvis's legacy? The answer is, it doesn't. So, it must be jealousy that motivates you. I'm sorry that some of you, don't want to acknowledge the greatness of the Beatles. But, the facts speak for themselves. Even though I'm not a huge Elvis fan, I will still acknowledge his greatness. The Beatles are the greatest rock band ever, & that's not going to change anytime soon. So, all you haters better get used to it. And, stop trashing Paul too, afterall, he's not the most successful songwriter for nothing. The man has a gift, that millions like me, are glad he's sharing with us
When he was alive, Elvis never attacked The Beatles. You have it backwards. How does trashing Elvis enhance The Beatles legacy? Since the sixties culturual media continues with their laughable publications and hype of shoving a dead band down the general public's throats, they do indeed try to diminish Elvis in favor of The Beatles. That is a low blow. However, the 50th propaganda hype of The Beatles American invasion campaign was a huge failure. No one cares. The magazines continue to sit on the racks unsold then thrown out, replaced by another one. Paul McFartney is old and his new album is garbage yet, they still slobber all over him like he is special. In reality, McFartney wasted over forty years doing muppet show tunes that has nothing to do with rock n roll whatsoever. They just gave him five Grammy awards. Payola. There are many amazing bands and performers that should be honored instead of that old turkey. His last really great rock album was The Beatles "Abbey Road" in 1969. Why is he being honored again? You figure it out, Chris.
Chris

United States

#14349 Mar 28, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
When he was alive, Elvis never attacked The Beatles. You have it backwards. How does trashing Elvis enhance The Beatles legacy? Since the sixties culturual media continues with their laughable publications and hype of shoving a dead band down the general public's throats, they do indeed try to diminish Elvis in favor of The Beatles. That is a low blow. However, the 50th propaganda hype of The Beatles American invasion campaign was a huge failure. No one cares. The magazines continue to sit on the racks unsold then thrown out, replaced by another one. Paul McFartney is old and his new album is garbage yet, they still slobber all over him like he is special. In reality, McFartney wasted over forty years doing muppet show tunes that has nothing to do with rock n roll whatsoever. They just gave him five Grammy awards. Payola. There are many amazing bands and performers that should be honored instead of that old turkey. His last really great rock album was The Beatles "Abbey Road" in 1969. Why is he being honored again? You figure it out, Chris.
Paul is being honered because he is still great & he deserves it, it's as simple as that. Their are lots of people, who get awards, that I may not like, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve it. And, you are wrong about nobody caring about the 50th anniversary. The special that was on last month, was only beaten in the ratings by the Olympics. It seems like you guys always take it out on the Beatles, whenever a story comes out, that praises them, & says something negative about Elvis. When the fact is, that the Beatles, have no control over what is written about them. If you guys love Elvis so much, then you shouldn't care what some critic says. Do you really think all of the critics, will ever agree on anything? The answer is obviously no. All of the critics are not nice to the Beatles either, but that doesn't change my opinion of them one bit. So, stop blaming the Beatles for negative things written about Elvis. If it bothers you that much, then direct your anger toward the person who wrote the article. By the way, the Beatles never attacked Elvis either.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14351 Mar 28, 2014
*taking
Chris

Fenton, MI

#14352 Mar 28, 2014
Octopus wrote:
*taking
?????
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14353 Mar 28, 2014
jim - wrote:
I like Frank Zappa -He was very unique - I like posting his song Dancing Fool for the MJ fans- Elvis is the King though-His 70's work is my favorite though because that's was his current out put when I really became big fan even though I was aware of who he was in late 60's *I was born in 61
BTW, Jim...I was talking on the phone last night with my Elvis fan friend from New York and he is raving about the new Straight Arrow import, "Sin City's Hottest Ticket" Of course, I haven't had the time to listen to all my new batch of Elvis CD's yet but I played the dinner show from the set last night on the headphones. It is possibly the best sounding audience recording I've ever heard. It is meant to be played loud. Elvis sparkles and James Burton's guitar playing stings in the mix. It is a fantastic show that rocks. Whatever they are doing with the booth recording with the 24 bit remastering certainly makes this worth having. It matches their previous Straight Arrow set, "Endless Summer Festival" I am very pleased.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14360 Mar 31, 2014
I couldn't agree with you more on The Beatles and Paul Mccartney,Octo,the liberal media [print and tv]are squarely on their side,which is why they attack Elvis with such vitriolic hatred,this is why they write such mean spirited articles about him and why the negative caricatures appear on tv shows,and brother,in the 70's,in magazines particularly,their liberalism was nothing short of suffocating.Elvis is the greatest recording artist of all time,he has eclipsed The Beatles in several very important categories,and the liberal media is resentful and jealous in their feelings towards Elvis for this and for other reasons as well,one being his continuing popularity with the public,the great success of Graceland as a tourist attraction,the thousands upon thousands of Elvis impersonators,the mass numbers of gold and platinum records that continue to come his way,and the pure love and devotion he continues to receive from the fans,these reasons are why the liberal media continue to hate Elvis,but,no matter how they've tried to ruin him,they've discovered that Elvis is made of teflon,none of their insults and putdowns have affected his standing with the public AT ALL,because the public knows a unique,American original when they see it,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14361 Mar 31, 2014
And on the subject of Paul Mcfartney again,his daughter,Stella,made a derogatory comment at the beginning of the winter olympics that the athletes,in the opening ceremonies,were dressed in outfits that looked like an Elvis jumpsuit,that's real funny,Stella,since your turkey jowled old man's style of dress was DRAB AND BORING,and Octo,the veggie turd king was awarded 5 grammies,it just goes to show that when Mcfartney pulls down his pants,the NARAS immediately falls to it's knees,ready to kiss more,lame Mcfartney ass,peace out.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14362 Mar 31, 2014
I do not even consider Paul McFartney a real rock star since he is an old corporate industry hack in the business strictly to make money, which he uses his old band, The Beatles to push his agenda forward. He has played at a CEO's birthday party for a million bucks. He plays the old loveable ham and apparently has no problem being knighted by the Queen. But in over forty plus years, McFartney's sappy solo career speaks for itself. The aging hippie turned into a muppet. My dislike for what I veiw as hypocritical has turned me away from the sixties dippy sentimental sloth. It is overblown hype of telling people what to listen to and keeping them clueless on what is really great music. It certainly is not The Beatles, Rolling Bones or Paul McFartney. I can truly understand the punk rock movement against the slobbering, brainwashed payola they continue to shove down our throats. Mainly, The Beatles. It does not work anymore.
Chris

Waterford, MI

#14365 Apr 1, 2014
Octo & Rick, I'm done with you guys. If you want to keep pushing my buttons, I have no use for you. Keep living in your fantasy world, where Elvis is your god, & everything negative written about him, is the fault of the Beatles. I always come at you with logic, & you come at me with insults. By the way, Elvis was religious, so I don't think he would appreciate his fans, making him into someone who was infallible, or beyond criticism. In other words, perfect like God. I have no doubt that Elvis was a very good person, but he was still human.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14366 Apr 1, 2014
Chris wrote:
Octo & Rick, I'm done with you guys. If you want to keep pushing my buttons, I have no use for you. Keep living in your fantasy world, where Elvis is your god, & everything negative written about him, is the fault of the Beatles. I always come at you with logic, & you come at me with insults. By the way, Elvis was religious, so I don't think he would appreciate his fans, making him into someone who was infallible, or beyond criticism. In other words, perfect like God. I have no doubt that Elvis was a very good person, but he was still human.
Unfortunately, no where have I seen Rick and I call Elvis a God. Since Elvis was an outsider that never slobbered over the sixies cultural media, he has mostly negative criticism that attacks the loyality of Elvis fans in favor of The Beatles. Again, you have it backwards. Beatle fans believe The Beatles are infallible, not the other way around. We just think it is grossly unfair that Elvis gets attacked. He was in fact, superior and the British Invasion did not make him any less than an artist just because he did not follow them or kiss their asses. The Beatles can get negative criticism also but it is never written in publications as it is for Elvis. That is what we are complaining about. It is bullshit. But because it is not The Beatles, you apparently see nothing wrong with it. You expect Elvis fans to accept what the sixties media dish out without saying something you rather not hear in return. I am sure you'd be upset if the shoe was on the other foot and The Beatles were suddenly dimished in written form though. I am just tired of the repeated put downs of Elvis over many years. He does not deserve that. We have the right to point out The Beatles or Paul McFartney's flaws in comparison. It does not mean that we live in a fantasy world. Elvis was a musical genius.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14368 Apr 1, 2014
And you're right on the button again,Octo,Elvis was a musical genius who possessed a unique sound and style,something that a lot of today's so called music stars sorely lack,you don't even have to be a fan of Elvis Presley,all anyone has to do is hear his voice,and you immediately know who that voice belongs to,that's the kind of originality of sound he possessed,and by the way,when is the suffocatingly liberal producer of `American Masters',Susan Lacey,going to do a show on The King of Rock and Roll,us Elvis fans are waiting,suzie,peace out.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14371 Apr 1, 2014
RICK wrote:
And you're right on the button again,Octo,Elvis was a musical genius who possessed a unique sound and style,something that a lot of today's so called music stars sorely lack,you don't even have to be a fan of Elvis Presley,all anyone has to do is hear his voice,and you immediately know who that voice belongs to,that's the kind of originality of sound he possessed,and by the way,when is the suffocatingly liberal producer of `American Masters',Susan Lacey,going to do a show on The King of Rock and Roll,us Elvis fans are waiting,suzie,peace out.
Chris would never understand the complex nature of Elvis because he does not listen to him. The sixties cultural media is stuck on rewind and they still believe that bad Elvis impersonators are what Elvis was really like. And yet, they ignore old and fat Beatle tribute bands wearing their Beatle wigs. The real Elvis is on bootleg. Many lost gems can be found for Elvis fans to seek out. That is not fantasy. Perhaps, the British Invasion era has a lot of hype because they need to keep it going. They simply never understood that Elvis had his own path and never had to follow what others were doing. In the studio or on stage, Elvis was the best. His work with his musicians and his talent shines through. He went in many different directions so it was never neatly complied like that of The Beatles. They would never hear it because they are still blinded by the hype of "Help" "Rubber Soul" "Revolver" and "Sgt Pepper" They apparently need to be told what is good and what is not. That is the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. There are many great bands besides The Beatles that are never honored as highly because they have very little promotion. The music would have to speak for itself. And that is the way it should be.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14373 Apr 2, 2014
Right on again,Octo,Elvis sold the most records and has the most gold and platinum awards hanging on his wall because he was the best there ever was,and there will never be another one like him,he was Rock's most important and beloved pioneer,he saved Rock and Roll from dying off and most importantly HE ALONE caused it's musical and cultural explosion,not Bill Haley,or Chuck Berry or Fats Domino,something the Liberal hacks in the media like Jann Wenner like to conveniently forget,Elvis will always be The King,peace out.
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#14375 Apr 3, 2014
jim - wrote:
I like Frank Zappa -He was very unique - I like posting his song Dancing Fool for the MJ fans- Elvis is the King though-His 70's work is my favorite though because that's was his current out put when I really became big fan even though I was aware of who he was in late 60's *I was born in 61
LOL! You"re killing me Jim!! I remember that song! You hit it right on the nose! Oooops! I know MJs nose is a touchy subject to his' fans! Oooops! I did it again! Touchy... I better stop now..Boy oh boy.. Ooooops!..
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14376 Apr 3, 2014
RICK wrote:
Right on again,Octo,Elvis sold the most records and has the most gold and platinum awards hanging on his wall because he was the best there ever was,and there will never be another one like him,he was Rock's most important and beloved pioneer,he saved Rock and Roll from dying off and most importantly HE ALONE caused it's musical and cultural explosion,not Bill Haley,or Chuck Berry or Fats Domino,something the Liberal hacks in the media like Jann Wenner like to conveniently forget,Elvis will always be The King,peace out.
Elvis continues to be a phenomenon and really does not need to be compared with other artists. I know that he has the most gold and platinum awards but even if he did not, I'd still be an Elvis fan. I think some people misunderstand the notion that as Elvis fans, we care about what The Beatles or what anyone else does. That is laughable. I agree that Elvis was truly the biggest rock star of the fifties because he bought rock n roll to the masses by doing films. It should not be a put down to the other early rock pioneers like Bill Haley, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent or Eddie Cochran. Elvis was just good because he produced a lot of music and kept going. Elvis could do whatever he wanted because he always had his fans. Loyality was important but so was Elvis's talents to move forward by always evolving, growing and changing. He really did not have to have pop hits into the seventies. He was doing something else instead. Who cares if some people will never get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katy Perry's 'Dark Horse' Gallops to No. 1 On H... (Jan '14) Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 6
Paul McCartney's 'Out There!' shows are hot, ho... Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 2
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Jan 22 Little monster 217
Who Is The Greatest Rock N Roll Band? [POLL] (Dec '12) Jan 21 mats sweden 8
Studies seek to answer if the arts can help the... Jan 19 lizzybowen 2
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jan 15 KittenL 284
Beatlemania returns to Halton Hills Jan 7 spending at Library 3
More from around the web