150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12862 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13977 Dec 17, 2013
RICK wrote:
Dolbyscat,dear,Victor is a very bright man who knows a lot about The King of Rock and Roll,I wouldn't doubt him too much if I were you,since you don't know hardly anything about the man and here's the proof,name 5 singles that were certified multiplatinum by the RIAA for Elvis,betcha' won't know the answer,see'ya.
Rick, how old are you?
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13978 Dec 17, 2013
To Rick: I live on the principle of 'Doing unto others as you would want them to do unto you. It works Rick!! seldom have I ever encounter problems. Moreover, I have met good people such as you, and others whom I regularly chat with in this forum. Mr. Dolbyscat, has always been a fine decent. courteous man. Furthermore he's always provided me with very valuable responses to my of my questions, which have been many. Just like you, and some others, Mr Dolbyscat provides an insightfulness of musical knowledge, that for me, has become a contributing factor as to why I love to participate in forum. Peace out!!
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13979 Dec 17, 2013
To Rick; I did not have time to check the spelling or proofread the previous thread posted. As stated, Mr. Dolbyscat, is a fine decent and courteous man. Furthermore, he has always provided me with very valuable responses to all my questions, which have been many. And just like you, and some others, Dolby provides an insightfulness of musical knowledge , that for me, has been a contributing factor as to why I love to participate in this Forum. Peace Out My friend.,

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#13983 Dec 17, 2013
RICK wrote:
Dolbyscat,dear,Victor is a very bright man who knows a lot about The King of Rock and Roll,I wouldn't doubt him too much if I were you,since you don't know hardly anything about the man and here's the proof,name 5 singles that were certified multiplatinum by the RIAA for Elvis,betcha' won't know the answer,see'ya.
It doesn't matter how much Dolbyscat knows about Elvis. The information could and should be presented in a more polite way.

KELOWNA

#13984 Dec 17, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how much Dolbyscat knows about Elvis. The information could and should be presented in a more polite way.
Oh get lost "Len is disgusting"...Rick, it is sad that you would want to quiz me on my knowledge of elvis, what would that prove? It would be sad if the measure of someone should be gauged on that topic. Just exactly how would you put such knowledge to good use in the real world? I think brushing up on your knowledge of English would be a good subject for you to undertake.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#13985 Dec 17, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Oh get lost "Len is disgusting"...Rick, it is sad that you would want to quiz me on my knowledge of elvis, what would that prove? It would be sad if the measure of someone should be gauged on that topic. Just exactly how would you put such knowledge to good use in the real world? I think brushing up on your knowledge of English would be a good subject for you to undertake.
I'm here to get information about recordings to collect. Let's keep the tone civil and stick to the subject, without insulting Rick, Chris, Victor, Octo, or anybody else.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13986 Dec 17, 2013
I've just talked to my friend on the phone and we decided to just get the "Echoes From Aloha" CD instead of "Chasing A Dream" because they are from the same engagement and "Echoes" has never been issued before in any form. We agreed that the bonus tracks on "Echoes" is much more attractive because they contain unreleased soundboard recordings that were added to the main "booth" concert and the arrangement makes more sense instead of having selections from another show spread out as bonuses on the "Chasing A Dream" two disc set. Besides, it is almost Christmas and it pays to be a little more selective. My friend is going to still send me an extra concert from Las Vegas 2-13-71 MS called, "Love Me Tonight" which excites me because 1971 is one of my favorite Elvis periods. My wife and I just finished wrapping our Christmas gifts last night after running around doing last minute errands. We've been getting a lot of snow and I am glad that it is done. It is bitter cold where we are. To everyone, Rick, Victor, Chris and Len....have a wonderful holiday.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13987 Dec 17, 2013
To Octo: Wonderful holidays to you and your wife. Keep Warm!!

Sincerely Victor!!

KELOWNA

#13988 Dec 17, 2013
Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
. As stated, Mr. Dolbyscat, is a fine decent and courteous man..,
You have questionable judgement....lol
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13993 Dec 18, 2013
To Dolby: I don't think I have questionable judgment, You are a great guy. Happy Holidays to you!! Peace out:

KELOWNA

#13996 Dec 18, 2013
To Dolby: I don't think I have questionable judgment, You are a great guy. Happy Holidays to you!! Peace out:
Thanks "observer"....xxx
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13998 Dec 18, 2013
To Dolby: "Observer" ? Oh I get it, you think I'm posting someone else's identity, as in "Observer Rules". I am a very public figure my friend, who has nothing to hide. You can visit me in Facebook. My Facebook address is, Victor Abreu 3762 at Facebook. You will see me with my Mom, My Aunt and my Girlfriend. A little information about me ? so you would know who I am ? I graduated from St. Thomas School of Law, and I specialize in immigration law. I don't post any fictitious name or names, in this, or any other forum. I go by my real name Victor Manuel Abreu. As for wishing others, like yourself, seasons greetings, my wishes are sincere truthful and frank. That goes for you Mr. Dolbyscat, and everyone else. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13999 Dec 18, 2013
To Dolby: Correction, les l exclude anyone. My Mother, My aunts, my Cousins and my girlfriend. Peace out.,
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#14002 Dec 19, 2013
I knew you would'nt know the answer,you're not an Elvis fan,Dolbyscat,,and to Victor,I believe Dolbyscat is a girl,she showed a picture of herself on an early post,she looks like she's in her early twenties,One memory of Elvis that sticks in my mind.I remember seeing `ABC'S WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS' one Sunday afternoon in 1974 and Evel Knevel was going to jump[unsuccessfully]the Grand Canyon and the announcer said that Elvis was there with his entourage to witness the jump,I believe Elvis and Evel Knevel were good friends,were they not,peace out
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#14003 Dec 19, 2013
To Rick: Yes, Robert Craig Knievel and Elvis were the best of friends. In fact, Bill Belew was the same fashion designer for both men. Many people state that Elvis got his idea for the jumpsuits and their attire from Knievel. Their friendship went back to 1967, when Knievel, made his famous Caesars Palace jump that almost killed him. Peace out Rick!!

KELOWNA

#14004 Dec 19, 2013
RICK wrote:
I knew you would'nt know the answer,you're not an Elvis fan,Dolbyscat,,and to Victor,I believe Dolbyscat is a girl,she showed a picture of herself on an early post,she looks like she's in her early twenties
Wrong on all three counts Ricky...I give you this tho...you are consistent....I'll play your silly games when you work on your grammar, and punctuation.
Chris

Waterford, MI

#14008 Dec 19, 2013
To Rick: Yes, Robert Craig Knievel and Elvis were the best of friends. In fact, Bill Belew was the same fashion designer for both men. Many people state that Elvis got his idea for the jumpsuits and their attire from Knievel. Their friendship went back to 1967, when Knievel, made his famous Caesars Palace jump that almost killed him. Peace out Rick!!
You taught me something new, I never knew Elvis & Evil Knievel were friends. And I want to wish everyone happy holiday. That includes Octo, Victor, Dolbycat, Rick, Len, King Elvis. If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14009 Dec 19, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>You taught me something new, I never knew Elvis & Evil Knievel were friends. And I want to wish everyone happy holiday. That includes Octo, Victor, Dolbycat, Rick, Len, King Elvis. If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry.
That is even news to me but I am sure Evil Knievel probably did meet Elvis because he was a stunt showman and did some of his jumps in Las Vegas in the seventies. He knew Lee Majors (The Six Million Dollar Man) Jack Lord (Hawaii Five O) Telly Savalas (Kojack) and Redd Foxx (Sanford And Son) All were introduced by Elvis from the stage at some of his concerts in Las Vegas.
Chris

Southfield, MI

#14011 Dec 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
That is even news to me but I am sure Evil Knievel probably did meet Elvis because he was a stunt showman and did some of his jumps in Las Vegas in the seventies. He knew Lee Majors (The Six Million Dollar Man) Jack Lord (Hawaii Five O) Telly Savalas (Kojack) and Redd Foxx (Sanford And Son) All were introduced by Elvis from the stage at some of his concerts in Las Vegas.
This is going to show my age, but I remember all of those people, & I watched all of their shows when I was a kid.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#14012 Dec 19, 2013
To Octo and Chris: A lot has been said in the 1970's about Knievel's admiration for Elvis and vice versa. Knievel was one of the biggest moneymakers in the 1970's. Apart from his prowess, as a motorcycle and daredevil stuntman, Knievel, who was born in Butte Montana, was a classic showman with an incredible amount of Charisma. He was to later state to George Hamilton, who portrayed Knievel in his biographical movie
(released in 1970) that he wanted to be recognized as "the Elvis of Motorcycle stunts" and that "one of his biggest thrills was meeting Elvis, which happened through Alan Fortas, a member of the Memphis Mafia,(who introduced them to each other in 1967. This was at the height of Presley's crazed period with Triumph motorcycles. This account can be found in Marty Lacker's biography on Elvis Titled "Portrait of a Friend".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For your eyes only May 26 Little monster 23
News Beatles, stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact May 25 Ralph 2
News Get over this wife-beating poseur May 25 Ralph 15
News Jackson Gallagher Training For Charity Triathlon May 13 Jailhouse Rock 4
the beatles children and grandchildren (Mar '08) May 12 Greg 18
News Who Is The Greatest Rock N Roll Band? [POLL] (Dec '12) May 10 mats sweden 11
News Comment: You can't measure the magic of the Bea... May 9 Greg 1
More from around the web