150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12899 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Octopus

Albany, NY

#13627 Nov 24, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be interested in seeing what you post about it. Is is difficult to find?
It is not difficult to find because my friend orders two, one for himself and one for me. The person he gets it from is very paranoid and will not deal with me directly. So this is how I get these certain CD's. I guess the bootleg dealer is very selective and only deals with a few regular customers who are Elvis fans. Anyway, "Straight Arrow" is an all Elvis label probably for fan clubs. They are very good. I like their products because they seem to care to put out interesting or unusual Elvis concerts in the best possible quality.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#13631 Nov 26, 2013
Right on,Len,this girl obviously has some mental issues,and resorts to insulting everyone that she doesn't agree with,this site is about music,and I will stick to that,peace to you and happy thanksgiving to everyone on this Elvis Presley forum.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13635 Nov 27, 2013
Happy Holidays to all: It's being a delight participating on this forum. Peace out to all of you:
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13636 Nov 27, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be interested in seeing what you post about it. Is is difficult to find?
Len, if you go to Elvis Australia under bootleg CD's, you will find the newest titles. Just posted is another "booth" recording from Las Vegas 2-13-73 DS that has never before been in circulation. It is called, "Echoes Of Aloha" by the Audionics label. As a bonus, they apparently found incomplete "soundboard" recordings with a heavy bass backing of the 2-10-73 DS. I found out about this new release last night and it is something that I do not have. I'll have to call my friend and find out if he is interested in ordering this one as well. You can probably see if you can order it from Australia or do some online research on how you can find an Elvis import. I can imagine the booth recordings are pretty clear if the bonus tracks are from soundboard.
jim

UK

#13637 Nov 27, 2013
elivs
Chris

United States

#13640 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum. I hope you all enjoy this time with your family. God bless you all.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#13645 Nov 29, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Len, if you go to Elvis Australia under bootleg CD's, you will find the newest titles. Just posted is another "booth" recording from Las Vegas 2-13-73 DS that has never before been in circulation. It is called, "Echoes Of Aloha" by the Audionics label. As a bonus, they apparently found incomplete "soundboard" recordings with a heavy bass backing of the 2-10-73 DS. I found out about this new release last night and it is something that I do not have. I'll have to call my friend and find out if he is interested in ordering this one as well. You can probably see if you can order it from Australia or do some online research on how you can find an Elvis import. I can imagine the booth recordings are pretty clear if the bonus tracks are from soundboard.
Thanks for the info, Octo!

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, by the way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13647 Nov 30, 2013
Elvis is getting a bunch of new Gold and Platinum certifications (on his birthday I think)
Chris

United States

#13648 Nov 30, 2013
jim - wrote:
Elvis is getting a bunch of new Gold and Platinum certifications (on his birthday I think)
Does this have anything to do with his previously unaccounted for sales after his death?
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13649 Nov 30, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info, Octo!
I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, by the way.
My wife and I had an awesome Thanksgiving. Looking forward to Christmas but we asked family members to curb the gift giving this year because Christmas is basically for kids. My wife and I have a lot of nieces and nephews. They are all past the Santa stage and it is much easier to give them gift cards. We know they all have different interests and this way, they can buy what they really want.

I've listened to some of my newest Elvis imports and they are really excellent sound wise. It just amazes me that this stuff was taped over forty years ago by Elvis fans and is just showing up in recent years. It probably has something to do with the accoustics of the Las Vegas showroom and/or the more expensive recording devices that were used. It just floors me that it keeps on coming. The studio outtake CD's are incredible too. I'm having some fun. Good luck in your search for some great Elvis boots. I thought that the FTD collector's release, "Hot August Night" 8-25-69 had amazing stereo quality but the show wasn't one of Elvis's better nights. There is quite a few soundboards released from that period that are more entertaining performances. Elvis seems to be really silly in between the songs on this one, laughing. Good performances of the set list though. Nancy Sintra was in the audience because Elvis introduced celebrities if they happen to be in the showroom.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13650 Nov 30, 2013
*Nancy Sinatra...
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13651 Nov 30, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Does this have anything to do with his previously unaccounted for sales after his death?
I've been listening to some of my older Beatle CD boots as well including all of my "True Masters" box set. There was one that is called, "The Beatles Live On British Television 1964-1965" on the Invasion label. I haven't listened to it in quite some time but I gave it another listen and it is not bad at all. It obviously was recorded live in a television studio with an audience. If you've never heard this, I recommend it highly. Very high energy performances but the sound is not perfect. But then again, it is a bootleg. Pretty cool historical recordings.

I wouldn't know what they are awarding Elvis on his birthday this year but in the recent past, he is still getting updates. Both Elvis and The Beatles still have CD's on the current Billboard top 200 charts. True legends never die.
Chris

United States

#13654 Nov 30, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been listening to some of my older Beatle CD boots as well including all of my "True Masters" box set. There was one that is called, "The Beatles Live On British Television 1964-1965" on the Invasion label. I haven't listened to it in quite some time but I gave it another listen and it is not bad at all. It obviously was recorded live in a television studio with an audience. If you've never heard this, I recommend it highly. Very high energy performances but the sound is not perfect But then again, it is a bootleg. Pretty cool historical recordings.
I wouldn't know what they are awarding Elvis on his birthday this year but in the recent past, he is still getting updates. Both Elvis and The Beatles still have CD's on the current Billboard top 200 charts. True legends never die.
Hey Octo, how you doing? Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. It is pretty cool that Elvis & the Beatles are on the charts once again. But, we both know that their music trancends time, & true greatness never goes out of style. I can't say that I've ever heard of the bootleg you were taking about, but I will definitely be looking for it.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13655 Nov 30, 2013
Gentlemen: I have just received more information from members of different respective Elvis Fan clubs, establishing the fact that a lot of work has been put through the years,in making sure that Elvis Presley gets his just due, from the Recording Industry Association Of America. I am posting the albums awaiting ratification in sales from the RIAA in 2014. I have been told that many of these albums have been awaiting certification for years, and that the majority of these albums have reached or surpassed the coveted mark of 500 thousand units sold and are eligible for gold record status. some of the others are upgrades.
1. An Afternoon in the Garden-To be certified Gold.
2. White Christmas-To be certified Gold.
3.Elvis Country-Had sold 975 thousand units and has surpass the 1 million mark in sales to be upgraded to Platinum.
4.Elvis By the Presley's-A two disc multiplier to be certified gold.
5. The Essential Elvis Presley-A two disc multiplier certified Gold to be upgraded to platinum status.
6.Christmas Duets-To be certified Gold.
7.Pot Luck-Had sold 475 thousand units and has surpass the 500 thousand mark in sales-to be certified Gold
8.love Letters-Closing in on the 500 thousand mark and being reviewed for RIAA Gold record certification.
9.Good Times-To be certified Gold
10. Promised Land-To be certified Gold.
11. Elvis Today-To be certified Gold.

These other albums being posted shall also receive posthumous certification in 2014. Many of these are soundtracks that charted in the top ten when released. For your information, I am also putting their respective charting positions.
1. Fun In Acapulco- To be certified Gold.
Charted #3 on US charts.
2. It Happened At The World's Fair-To be certified Gold. charted #4 on US charts.
3. Kissin Cousins-To be certified Gold.
charted #6 on US charts.
4. Harum Scarum-To be certified Gold. Charted #8 on US charts.
5. Paradise Hawaiian Style-To be certified Gold
charted #15 on US charts.
6. Spinout-To be certified Gold. charted #18 on
US charts.
7. Double Trouble-To be certified Gold. charted
#47 on US charts.
8. Clambake-To be certified Gold. charted #40 on
US charts.
9. Speedway-To be certified Gold. charted #82 on US charts.

Furthermore, I still have no word on other units that are presently being reviewed by the RIAA. For Example, "Elvis for Everyone" has sold over 450 thousand units and maybe awaiting certification. Moreover "For LP Fans Only" and "A Date With Elvis" may be awaiting certification as well.
There are many other albums which have been reviewed for RIAA certification that I have not listed. As previously stated, these certifications will happen next year. Yet, I have not been told when. To reiterate, I will do my best to keep you posted should I receive more information.
Thank you for your time and courtesy.
Happy Holidays
from Victor Manuel Abreu.,

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13658 Dec 1, 2013
Victor got his info from Elvis Information Network I think because I saw pretty much same information word for word on there.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13662 Dec 1, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Octo, how you doing? Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. It is pretty cool that Elvis & the Beatles are on the charts once again. But, we both know that their music trancends time, & true greatness never goes out of style. I can't say that I've ever heard of the bootleg you were taking about, but I will definitely be looking for it.
This time of year is always quite busy with Christmas right around the corner. Thankgiving was fun. My wife and I even went shopping afterward and got some great bargains.

The Beatle bootleg called, "The Beatles On British Television 1964-1965" was purchaced by me years ago. The Invasion label put out a lot of Beatles and Rolling Stones titles. I am not sure if the label exists anymore though. It is a silver disc and has The Beatles playing with clear plastic wrap on the cover. The performances come from different TV performances, arranged so The Beatles aren't doing the same materiel twice. You'd be amazed how many unreleased things The Beatles and The Stones did in the mid sixties. "I Saw Her Standing There" is done completely different on this CD AND The Beatles are in tune.
Chris

United States

#13663 Dec 1, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
This time of year is always quite busy with Christmas right around the corner. Thankgiving was fun. My wife and I even went shopping afterward and got some great bargains.
The Beatle bootleg called, "The Beatles On British Television 1964-1965" was purchaced by me years ago. The Invasion label put out a lot of Beatles and Rolling Stones titles. I am not sure if the label exists anymore though. It is a silver disc and has The Beatles playing with clear plastic wrap on the cover. The performances come from different TV performances, arranged so The Beatles aren't doing the same materiel twice. You'd be amazed how many unreleased things The Beatles and The Stones did in the mid sixties. "I Saw Her Standing There" is done completely different on this CD AND The Beatles are in tune.
Yeah we've talked before about the Beatles live performances. I've noticed that their early live performances, especially their TV performances, usually sound good. But, when they came to America & Beatlemania was at its peak, their performances started to get sloppy. I think the pressure they were under, got to them. They were probably tired most of the time, plus they were playing arenas & baseball stadiums without the proper equipment for large venues. So I think they just wanted to play the concert & get it over with, because they no longer enjoyed playing live like they did in the early days. Also, when they were touring, they couldn't go anywhere, because their were mobs of kids outside of their hotel. They probably felt like prisoners. After they stopped touring, I think it afforded them more freedom, so they could live more like normal people.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13664 Dec 1, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah we've talked before about the Beatles live performances. I've noticed that their early live performances, especially their TV performances, usually sound good. But, when they came to America & Beatlemania was at its peak, their performances started to get sloppy. I think the pressure they were under, got to them. They were probably tired most of the time, plus they were playing arenas & baseball stadiums without the proper equipment for large venues. So I think they just wanted to play the concert & get it over with, because they no longer enjoyed playing live like they did in the early days. Also, when they were touring, they couldn't go anywhere, because their were mobs of kids outside of their hotel. They probably felt like prisoners. After they stopped touring, I think it afforded them more freedom, so they could live more like normal people.
But Elvis often gets criticized for doing some of those less than great Hollywood movies and their soundtracks but he also felt like a prisoner because he was under contract and just did them to get them out of the way. However, the sixties culture never mentions The Beatles faults of playing sloppy at their shows that ended with their last concert at Candlestick Park, 1966. Elvis's last acting role was "Change Of Habit" in 1969, around the same time that he started doing live appearances again. Elvis's last few films weren't all that bad either because he complained enough to get some improvement but by that time, it was just too late. He did them and never looked back. If The Beatles bcame bored performing live concerts, imagine how Elvis felt playing a singing race car driver more than once. They had to work within the tight control of the recording industry of the time.
Chris

United States

#13665 Dec 1, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
But Elvis often gets criticized for doing some of those less than great Hollywood movies and their soundtracks but he also felt like a prisoner because he was under contract and just did them to get them out of the way. However, the sixties culture never mentions The Beatles faults of playing sloppy at their shows that ended with their last concert at Candlestick Park, 1966. Elvis's last acting role was "Change Of Habit" in 1969, around the same time that he started doing live appearances again. Elvis's last few films weren't all that bad y because he complained enough to get some improvement but by that time, it was just too late. He did them and never looked back. If The Beatles bcame bored performing live concerts, imagine how Elvis felt playing a singing race car driver more than once. They had to work within the tight control of the recording industry of the time.
I agree with you, the Beatles deserve criticism for some of their faults, just like Elvis, after all, noone is perfect. I know Elvis was stuck doing those movies because he was under contract. And some of the material that was chosen for him was pretty bad. I've seen most of them, & there are a few that were pretty good. Plus, his acting got better with each move. It would've been cool to see him do a movie, later in his life, that he hand picked himself. But, I think after his movie contract was up, he wanted to get back to doing what he did best, make music & perform live. If he had lived longer, maybe he would've gone back to making movies, after he retired from music. But, sadly, we will never know the answer to those questions. Speaking of sad news, I just found out today, that actor Paul Walker died yesterday in a car accident. RIP Paul Walker.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#13666 Dec 1, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you, the Beatles deserve criticism for some of their faults, just like Elvis, after all, noone is perfect. I know Elvis was stuck doing those movies because he was under contract. And some of the material that was chosen for him was pretty bad. I've seen most of them, & there are a few that were pretty good. Plus, his acting got better with each move. It would've been cool to see him do a movie, later in his life, that he hand picked himself. But, I think after his movie contract was up, he wanted to get back to doing what he did best, make music & perform live. If he had lived longer, maybe he would've gone back to making movies, after he retired from music. But, sadly, we will never know the answer to those questions. Speaking of sad news, I just found out today, that actor Paul Walker died yesterday in a car accident. RIP Paul Walker.
It wasn't that simple. Elvis had to pick songs that were written for him and sent to his production company to record. Since films have deadlines, Elvis had no choice but to dip into the very worse material that was left. He just completed the project so he could move on to the next one. Elvis was in the process of wanting to make an action film called, "Billy Easter" which he was going to play a retired FBI agent. A "Death Wish" kind of role where he could play a bad ass character. It was in the planning stages but Elvis died before it could become reality. I did not say that The Beatles deserve criticism, it is just that the sixties culture fails to see that Elvis was really, really good. He never had to be The Beatles, The Stones, The Doors or Jimi Hendrix. He didn't have to be Chuck Berry either. I think Elvis did very well being Elvis and by singing what he thought was real with passionate performances or when he took certain songs and made them work anyhow just by doing his best with them. It did not have to be strictly rock n roll. Elvis made it by being a personality and his fans loved that about him. The music was what Elvis made it. He gave it his own identity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
News Mourners pay tribute to Judge Barron (Dec '08) May '17 In the know 14
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had May '17 Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... May '17 Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) May '17 Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May '17 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr '17 justicewell 1
More from around the web