150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,846

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13490 Nov 18, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
As my schedule permits me I will be working on a short compilation list for you of Beatles 7 inch "78rpm" United States releases. Peace out my friend.
Thanks, I wait with bated breath.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#13493 Nov 19, 2013
Why is everyone making such a big fuss about vinyl records,I bought plenty of vinyl records in the 70's and I was never that big a fan,one of the big reasons was stereo systems and phonographs.One stereo would play the record too slow,and one phonograph would play a record too fast,so I never knew what key the actual music was recorded in,CD'S dont have that problem,and MP3 players is the most impersonal and unfun way to purchase music,worse than vinyl,peace out.

KELOWNA

#13494 Nov 19, 2013
RICK wrote:
Why is everyone making such a big fuss about vinyl records,I bought plenty of vinyl records in the 70's and I was never that big a fan,one of the big reasons was stereo systems and phonographs.One stereo would play the record too slow,and one phonograph would play a record too fast,so I never knew what key the actual music was recorded in,CD'S dont have that problem,and MP3 players is the most impersonal and unfun way to purchase music,worse than vinyl,peace out.
That is a problem with the quality of the systems you were buying, not a problem with the records, I have turntables harking back to the 60's with spot-on speed. Why the big fuss about vinyl? I would try to explain, but you will not be convinced, and would simply tell me how wrong I am.

KELOWNA

#13495 Nov 19, 2013
PS.. The comparison between Mp3's and Vinyl is laughable.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13498 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Well you cared enough to make commentary, but that is always the way with you, when you are questioned...deflect...change the subject...or screw the conversation around. Now my OPINION is that the new singer does an admirable job, and Journey with a new singer can only be better than no Journey at all. Heck I'm not even a fan, my wife sure likes them tho', new singer and all.
I like Journey's most popular lead singer who happens to be Steve Perry. My wife is a long time fan and I have to agree that Journey is definitely not the same band without him. In my humble opinion, their new lead singer cheapens what they once were about. They should've called themselves something else but are only living off their name to sell the most possible tickets. It is quite pathetic.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13499 Nov 19, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Octo & his wife, & my wife & I are old enough to remember Journey with Steve Perry. And for us no substitute is acceptable. Were just stating an opinion, their is no reason for you to get upset about it. If you like the new singer, then good for you.
He would criticize anything thing I'd say so I am not surprised.

Journey in the early days rocked. They had a much more progressive sound almost like Rush. Check out the Japanese import only release called, "Dream After Dream" with Steve Perry. The 9 minute, "Destiny" is on You Tube. It is incredible.

I have early soundboard recordings when Steve first joined them. They had a much heavier sound. Killer stuff.

KELOWNA

#13500 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Journey's most popular lead singer who happens to be Steve Perry. My wife is a long time fan and I have to agree that Journey is definitely not the same band without him. In my humble opinion, their new lead singer cheapens what they once were about. They should've called themselves something else but are only living off their name to sell the most possible tickets. It is quite pathetic.
Well one thing is for certain, people are turning up for their concerts and enjoying the shows, the fact that some people won't go because Steve Perry is not able to perform i'm sure does not worry them. Surely they have a right to "live off their name" after all it IS their name. Did you think the same when Ron Wood or Mick Taylor joined the Stones? I think the worst part of this Journey story is the outright racism that surround their singer, I am not for one minute suggesting these are your motives (god forbid I should). It's about the music remember, not petty prejudices.

KELOWNA

#13502 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
He would criticize anything thing I'd say so I am not surprised.
It goes both ways Octy, doesn't seem like you agree with much that I say...Your starting to sound like the other whiner. If I don't agree with you I at least try to explain my view-point. What you can't stand criticism, or maybe you think you are beyond criticism?
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13503 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Well one thing is for certain, people are turning up for their concerts and enjoying the shows, the fact that some people won't go because Steve Perry is not able to perform i'm sure does not worry them. Surely they have a right to "live off their name" after all it IS their name. Did you think the same when Ron Wood or Mick Taylor joined the Stones? I think the worst part of this Journey story is the outright racism that surround their singer, I am not for one minute suggesting these are your motives (god forbid I should). It's about the music remember, not petty prejudices.
I know that Steve Perry was not their original lead singer but until then, Journey was not really successful. Nevertheless, my wife and I both like Steve Perry's vocal abilities and performance act as the lead singer of Journey. He made them popular. Since Ron Wood and Mick Taylor were replacements in The Stones after the death of Brian Jones, it is silly to compare. Mick Jagger was always the lead singer. What would it have been like without Mick Jagger? The Stones were depending on his star power, something Brian Jones never had. I've never heard of any racism on Steve Perry's part. Randy Jackson played bass for Journey on "Raised On Radio" and never once said anything about Steve Perry being prejudice. I think that is pure nonsense. Steve is obviously native American and I've definitely never heard of him being that way. After all, his singing was inspired by Sam Cooke. I've heard some of his more soulful singing on Journey's "Time" box set.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13504 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>It goes both ways Octy, doesn't seem like you agree with much that I say...Your starting to sound like the other whiner. If I don't agree with you I at least try to explain my view-point. What you can't stand criticism, or maybe you think you are beyond criticism?
I've always explained my points of view. You are the one that is always negative to everyone on this thread. You've even attacked Chris.

KELOWNA

#13505 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
The Stones were depending on his star power, something Brian Jones never had.
You don't think Brian Jones had star power? Well even tho his life was short I can assure you that he was very much the face of the Stones in the beginning, I was there, living in my native England and buying the records.

KELOWNA

#13506 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Randy Jackson played bass for Journey on "Raised On Radio" and never once said anything about Steve Perry being prejudice. I think that is pure nonsense. Steve is obviously native American and I've definitely never heard of him being that way..
You want to point out just where I said he did???

KELOWNA

#13507 Nov 19, 2013
PS.....also remember The Rolling Stones was Brian Jones band.

KELOWNA

#13508 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
You've even attacked Chris.
Really! Point that one out to me as well...and if it was an "attack" then I will openly apologise to him.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13510 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>You don't think Brian Jones had star power? Well even tho his life was short I can assure you that he was very much the face of the Stones in the beginning, I was there, living in my native England and buying the records.
Brian Jones might have started the band but it was Mick and Keith that became the focus of The Rolling Stones. Besides, with Mick Taylor, the Stones did their most important work. It is not that way with the new Journey. They are old and their new lead singer is just an inferior clone of someone vastly more talented. None of Journey's post Steve Perry albums are selling much. The last one with Steve Perry was called, "Trial By Fire" in the mid 90's and it was the last time anyone cared.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13511 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>You want to point out just where I said he did???
post #13500.

When has Steve Perry ever remotely say anything racial?

You made those claims.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13512 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
PS.....also remember The Rolling Stones was Brian Jones band.
I know The Rolling Stones was his band but apparently, he still got kicked out of his own band.

It was because he wasn't playing and was too wasted to care.

KELOWNA

#13513 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
post #13500.
When has Steve Perry ever remotely say anything racial?
You made those claims.
Really!! Go back, put your glasses on and read it again, I made no such claim. Like I said "point it out"...ie, post the relevant section, and then I will accept YOUR apology...(won't happen)

KELOWNA

#13514 Nov 19, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian Jones might have started the band but it was Mick and Keith that became the focus of The Rolling Stones..
I don't deny that, but I stand by my claim...but you of course are right, I must be wrong.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13515 Nov 19, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Really!! Go back, put your glasses on and read it again, I made no such claim. Like I said "point it out"...ie, post the relevant section, and then I will accept YOUR apology...(won't happen)
"The worst part of the Journey story is the outright racism surrounding their lead singer"

That is what YOU said in your post on #13500.

What else would I take it as?

Or did you forget that Randy Jackson played on the most Steve Perry led Journey effort, "Raised On Radio" ???

Why deny you said it when it is right there in black and white?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katy Perry's 'Dark Horse' Gallops to No. 1 On H... (Jan '14) Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 6
Paul McCartney's 'Out There!' shows are hot, ho... Jan 25 TheAfroHedgehog 2
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Jan 22 Little monster 217
Who Is The Greatest Rock N Roll Band? [POLL] (Dec '12) Jan 21 mats sweden 8
Studies seek to answer if the arts can help the... Jan 19 lizzybowen 2
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jan 15 KittenL 284
Beatlemania returns to Halton Hills Jan 7 spending at Library 3
More from around the web