150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12901 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Chris

United States

#13460 Nov 18, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we went out of the house and hung out with friends. Of course, a lot of the rock n roll was about partying and having fun.
I liked my hair in my face and liked being slightly wasted at all times. It calmed me down. The music wasn't depressing like in the grunge era. Somehow, everything changed. Yes, there were things that we should not have done but I knew my limits. Some kids I've known did not. It depended on the person and how they were. I made sure that I never went over the top and never really got in trouble. Basically, the worse thing I did was smoke weed. But we all did. I did not overdo the drinking because for me, the pot was enough. It never messed me up. As an adult though, I do not like it anymore. I am a completely different person. That era is a bit childish to me now but at the same time, most of the music sounds old and dated. It was a long time ago. It is like revisiting first grade. However, I do have fond memories of that period because we were so free. We did whatever we wanted and no one stopped us.
Yeah I outgrew that stuff too, I don't even listen to that music much anymore. I did a little more than just drinking & weed, but I also knew my limits. Some of my friends didn't, & died because of it. Even so, I have a lot of good memories from those days.
Chris

United States

#13464 Nov 18, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not expect Robert Plant to sound like he did when he was younger but Steve Perry is a different person. Maybe he does not want his fans to see and hear him old, doing all the Journey hits. The other guys in Journey seem to want to continue with what they believe is a clone of Steve Perry. Actually, it definitely doesn't work. The magic that they once had is gone.
I like Robert Plant too, even some his solo stuff. But, he just can't hit those high notes anymore. Because Zeppelin is held in such high regard, his current vocal abilities just won't do, when it comes to singing those old songs.
Chris

United States

#13465 Nov 18, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Seems that is an opinion of yours Octy, the fans going to the concerts seem to have a different opinion. The documentary "Don't stop Believin" was very interesting, watched it on Netflix a few weeks ago.
I think what Octo is trying to say, is that for some people, myself included, that when they're used to the original, an imitation isn't good enough, no matter how good it might be. That's why some people don't like Elvis impersonaters or Beatles tribute bands.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13468 Nov 18, 2013
To Dolby: Sorry could not respond to you earlier, it was a hectic day at the office. As I was stating to you the Beatles released quite a few, in fact many Extended plays not just in the UK but in countries like Brazil and Chile. The Magical Mystery Tour on EP format was released as a United States limited edition EP in 1967. This EP release was before the LP release. They were over 50,000 (thousand Pressed) and many fans were fortunate to grab one. On another note my travels to Latin America and Europe have taken me to find some very rare Beatles records issued in many formats.Feel free to inquire my friend.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13469 Nov 18, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I think what Octo is trying to say, is that for some people, myself included, that when they're used to the original, an imitation isn't good enough, no matter how good it might be.
OH!...So I have to try and think what Octy might be trying to say, and not take to mind what he actually says...Ok, I'll try to bear that in mind next time.

KELOWNA

#13470 Nov 18, 2013
Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
One of the most costliest Beatle Records is the "RPM 78" extended play from the Magical Mystery Tour Soundtrack. It is considered one of the rarest records ever issued. I paid an astronomical sum for it, but I guess it was worth it.
The magical Mystery Tour ep is nowhere near rare, but you said you have a 78 rpm version, if you do, then yes I believe you would have paid an astronomical sum for it. Am I confused, or is it you...;)
Chris

United States

#13472 Nov 18, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>OH!...So I have to try and think what Octy might be trying to say, and not take to mind what he actually says...Ok, I'll try to bear that in mind next time.
Octo & his wife, & my wife & I are old enough to remember Journey with Steve Perry. And for us no substitute is acceptable. Were just stating an opinion, their is no reason for you to get upset about it. If you like the new singer, then good for you.

KELOWNA

#13473 Nov 18, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Octo & his wife, & my wife & I are old enough to remember Journey with Steve Perry. And for us no substitute is acceptable. Were just stating an opinion, their is no reason for you to get upset about it. If you like the new singer, then good for you.
Hey don't get upset Chris, it's all good. You seem to understand where Octo is coming from and have no problem with his attitude, but if I state my opinion then it's not worthy of consideration. I personally neither like nor dislike Journey's new singer, I simply think he did a good job for the band, an opinion that also seems to have been shared by the audiences. Watch the video yourself, then at least any opinion you may care to give would be a qualified opinion. BTW I am also old enough (quite a few yrs older than you 2 boys) to remember Steve Perry, and also remember going to two concerts to see them, or to be honest I was dragged along by my wife...bless her... I'm not adverse to change.

KELOWNA

#13474 Nov 18, 2013
Sorry...Meant to add that I consider Journey to be in the category of "Girlie Rock"...You know Styx, REO, Foreigner or Boston.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13477 Nov 18, 2013
To Dolby: You must be kidding? Girlie Rock?
Styx, REO, Foreigner and Boston are some of my favorite bands. "LOL" Peace out.

KELOWNA

#13479 Nov 18, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dolby: You must be kidding? Girlie Rock?
Styx, REO, Foreigner and Boston are some of my favorite bands. "LOL" Peace out.
Well there you go then!!...You gonna reply to my last post about "magical mystery tour 78rpm"?
Chris

United States

#13480 Nov 18, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>Hey don't get upset Chris, it's all good. You seem to understand where Octo is coming from and have no problem with his attitude, but if I state my opinion then it's not worthy of consideration. I personally neither like nor dislike Journey's new singer, I simply think he did a good job for the band, an opinion that also seems to have been shared by the audiences. Watch the video yourself, then at least any opinion you may care to give would be a qualified opinion. BTW I am also old enough (quite a few yrs older than you 2 boys) to remember Steve Perry, and also remember going to two concerts to see them, or to be honest I was dragged along by my wife...bless her... I'm not adverse to change.
I'm not upset, it's all good. I don't try to cause trouble or piss people off. And I've kinda taken on the role of peace maker here. Octo is cool, as long as you don't insult Elvis. Let's face it, noone likes anyone insulting the people they admire. We're not trying to insult Journey's new singer either. I'm making an informed opinion, because I have seen a video of them in concert. Yes, he is a good singer, & he does a good Steve Perry impression. But, I prefer the genuine article. You mentioned Styx, who also replaced their singer, Dennis DeYoung, with a sound alike singer. I have seen them in concert, & I feed the same way about them.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13481 Nov 18, 2013
Yes Dolby: I already did. Check the thread #13468 posted for you: I hope you haven't missed it. As stated, I have that one and many other Beatles "78rpm" released in the UK and in America. I have also bought many of these 78RPm's, from Latin American countries such as Brazil, Chile, and Uruguay. You can't believe how big the Beatles are over there. There huge. Furthermore in Spain where I was born, they got Beatles records released in all formats. I have Beatles records from just about all European countries,and to reiterate, in all formats. One of the rarest 78RPM is "LOS BEATLES" "PODEMOS SOLUCIONARLO translated ( WE CAN WORK IT OUT) AND VACACION DE UN DIA (DAY TRIPPER) on the A side and "NOVELISTA (PAPERBACK WRITER) with LLUVIA
(RAIN)on the B side. I read that this one fetches top dollar. The list goes on. And they are all very rare and still in mint condition. As previously stated I'm a nut case when it comes to collecting records. I read that you are a collector and seller. Is that true? Do you have anything unusual? Let me know. Peace out my friend.

KELOWNA

#13482 Nov 18, 2013
Do not judge, lest you be judged.

KELOWNA

#13483 Nov 18, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Yes Dolby: I already did. Check the thread #13468 posted for you: I hope you haven't missed it.
No I did not miss it Victor, but you obviously missed mine and Chris' posts showing interest in knowing more about the "Magical Mystery Tour extended play 78rpm" that you paid an astronomical sum for....Like I said this is an extraordinarily rare record, and would be of great interest to me.

KELOWNA

#13484 Nov 18, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
As stated, I have that one and many other Beatles "78rpm" released in the UK and in America.
No Sir, with respect there were NO 78 rpm Beatle releases from the US or UK.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13485 Nov 18, 2013
Yes they were release as imports and collectibles. How can you state that? With all due respect. I am preparing a list to post for reference so you would be able to look them up. I know this would be of great interest to you, this is why I am going to proceed with this endeavor.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13486 Nov 18, 2013
To Dolby: In fact, I have several released as Promos on 7 inch (78 RPM). You can also look them up in Goldmine record magazine for reference. Moreover I also owned a very valuable "LOVE ME DO" 78RPM United States promo release from 1962.

KELOWNA

#13487 Nov 18, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Yes they were release as imports and collectibles. How can you state that? With all due respect. I am preparing a list to post for reference so you would be able to look them up. I know this would be of great interest to you, this is why I am going to proceed with this endeavor.
Thank you good sir, that would be much appreciated both by me and other collectors and sellers. The most important part of your list would be Record label and catalog#,...peace out.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13488 Nov 18, 2013
As my schedule permits me I will be working on a short compilation list for you of Beatles 7 inch "78rpm" United States releases. Peace out my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
News Mourners pay tribute to Judge Barron (Dec '08) May '17 In the know 14
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had May '17 Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... May '17 Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) May '17 Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May '17 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr '17 justicewell 1
More from around the web