150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12863 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13414 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I also had that concert on a cassette. I recorded it & others from a show called The King Biscuit Power Hour, I think that's correct. Anyway, Brad Gillis was good, but he or anyone else, except Jimi Hendrix, could hold a candle to Randy Rhoads.
Really?

I was the only one of all my friends that recorded that concert off the radio. It still has the Honda motorcyle spot at the end. I do not care for Ozzy now but back then, he was really popular. I actually like Jimi Hendrix better today than in the Heavy Metal era. The new CD's that they are coming out on Hendrix in recent years is mindboggling. Amazing stuff.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13415 Nov 17, 2013
*motorcycle
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13416 Nov 17, 2013
Yes Chris: I have a crazy record collection. Apart from Elvis and the Beatles. I have records from Enrique Caruso's O Sole Mio recorded in 1920 to Bing Crosby's first record, "I've Got A Girl" recorded in 1926 under his real name "Harry Lillis Jr". I also have old Rhythm N Blues albums from Willie "Big Mama Thornton's Hound Dog on the Peacock Label to Junior Parker's "Mystery Train". Over 1,225 albums and singles including but not limited to, The Ink Spots, Frank Sinatra,Nat King Cole and yes even some Tin Pan Alley music. Do I have new Vinyl? Well what do you mean? I have old albums in mint condition from a a repertoire of artists in the international sphere. I guess that's what you mean. Moreover from the world of Rock, I have Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio and Ozzie Osbourne to very rare outtakes from Zeppelin's best selling bootleg called "Black Dog". All in all, I guess you may call me a record collector nutcase.
Feel free to inquire!! Peace out.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#13417 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I decided to buy a new turntable because I also wanted the needle to be new. All the reviews I read were not on Amazon. I did a Google search & read all the reviews I could find. If I were to look for a vintage turntable, how would I know which one to get or how badly it was abused by its previous owner. Not to mention, how worn the needle might be.
Sorry, I was under the assumption, you had experience of turntables.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13418 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>The turntable I bought, was pretty much ready right out of the box. I'll look at the manual tonite, to see if I should've balanced the arm. You're probably not going to believe this, but we have more in common than you think. My wife also likes Journey, but she is only a casual fan. She pretty much just likes the hits. Also, the story about your dog & the Beatles song. We have four cats that are named after Beatles songs, they are Sady, Jude, Lucy & Abbey Rose.
If you guys say that American vinyl is subpar, why bother? My wife complains about that I have too many CD's as it is. Besides, I like what I am getting. The newer Elvis imports on CD sound better than anything I've gotten in the past. Maybe someday I'll look into getting a turntable.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13419 Nov 17, 2013
Oh Yes!! I guess you mean new vinyl from Rock's greats!! I have new and old Beatles vinyl. One of the most costliest Beatle Records is the "RPM 78" extended play from the Magical Mystery Tour Soundtrack. It is considered one of the rarest records ever issued. I paid an astronomical sum for it, but I guess it was worth it. I also have the "Hey Jude" extended play with an alternate version of "I should have known better".

KELOWNA

#13420 Nov 17, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Yes Chris: I have a crazy record collection. Apart from Elvis and the Beatles. I have records from Enrique Caruso's O Sole Mio recorded in 1920 to Bing Crosby's first record, "I've Got A Girl" recorded in 1926 under his real name "Harry Lillis Jr". I also have old Rhythm N Blues albums from Willie "Big Mama Thornton's Hound Dog on the Peacock Label to Junior Parker's "Mystery Train". Over 1,225 albums and singles including but not limited to, The Ink Spots, Frank Sinatra,Nat King Cole and yes even some Tin Pan Alley music. Do I have new Vinyl? Well what do you mean? I have old albums in mint condition from a a repertoire of artists in the international sphere. I guess that's what you mean. Moreover from the world of Rock, I have Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio and Ozzie Osbourne to very rare outtakes from Zeppelin's best selling bootleg called "Black Dog". All in all, I guess you may call me a record collector nutcase.
May I enquire as to the turntable you are currently using Victor.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13422 Nov 17, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
I guess you do have some rare and unusual records. I've never heard of Zeppelin's "Black Dog" boot but I have a lot of Led Zeppelin concerts and studio outtake material as well. They sometimes did covers of Elvis live like "That's All Right" "A Mess Of Blues" "Mystery Train" and more. Zeppelin loved the king. I almost ran into Robert Plant in Memphis in 2007. He was at the hotel I was checking into for the 30th. Unfortunately, the shuttle was late picking me up at the airport and I missed Robert Plant. I was totally bummed because I was a big Zeppelin freak when I was a kid. I had a great time though. I was in front of Graceland for the candlelight service in the road. Close to eighty thousand fans or so. It was unbelievable.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13423 Nov 17, 2013
To Dolby: I Presently owned and use 4 turntables. The most recent purchases were 2 of the(Pro-ject Debut III) and these are awesome because they transfer my vinyl to my MP3. I also have the Stanton T.92 and for this I paid $275.00 (clearance). I also have a cheapie so to speak, It's 10 years old but I never encountered any problems. This is the Audio Technica At-Lp 60.
Chris

United States

#13424 Nov 17, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Our dog is named Pepper but he wasn't named after The Beatles song. We got him on Christmas Eve, 2010. He is a Dachshund. As we were thinking of a name for him, my wife just mentioned that she was going to make her famous Sausage and Pepper soup. He looked up at her so basically, he named himself. Yes, it does seem that we have a lot in common. I actually still like older Journey with Steve Perry. I remember seeing them in concert. They put on an awesome show.
Yeah I like Journey with Steve Perry too. Too bad he didn't take of himself & now he can longer sing. Too much smoking & drinking, not good for a singer. The current substitute they have now, is unacceptable in my book.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13425 Nov 17, 2013
Oh Guess what Octo ? I forgot to state that I have a killer version of Presley's "A mess of Blues" on an old Zeppelin boot done at the garden "From the song remains the same concert". To reiterate, Robert Plant does a killer version of this particular song. Apart from that's all right and mystery train, Plant also does an excellent cover version of "Love me", sung in that English format so vintage Plant. "Treat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruel". His vocal prowess is indeed amazing.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13426 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I like Journey with Steve Perry too. Too bad he didn't take of himself & now he can longer sing. Too much smoking & drinking, not good for a singer. The current substitute they have now, is unacceptable in my book.
I do not recall Steve Perry ever having a drinking problem and I am pretty sure that he never smoked. I saw documentary on Journey and Steve Perry broke his hip in Hawaii in the mid 90's and his mother passed away. The rest of the band were shitty to him. The new singer with them now sucks. I saw Steve Perry perform solo in the early 90's and his voice was amazing. He has had some health issues so I think he might be retired today. If he is not happy with his voice, perhaps that is why he is not active.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13427 Nov 17, 2013
Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
Oh Guess what Octo ? I forgot to state that I have a killer version of Presley's "A mess of Blues" on an old Zeppelin boot done at the garden "From the song remains the same concert". To reiterate, Robert Plant does a killer version of this particular song. Apart from that's all right and mystery train, Plant also does an excellent cover version of "Love me", sung in that English format so vintage Plant. "Treat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruel". His vocal prowess is indeed amazing.
I have a very good sounding audience CD of Zeppelin from MSG in September 1970. They did a long show even back then. On the CD, Plant does "CC Rider" and "Baby, What You Want Me To Do" On another Zeppelin boot, I have a rehearsal of them doing a few Elvis songs like "Love Me" and "Frankfort Special" (get your led out) I wouldn't mind finding a live version of it. You do know of Elvis's LA Forum 5-11-74 soundboard where Elvis introduced Zeppelin to the audience from the stage, right?

KELOWNA

#13428 Nov 17, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
I also have a cheapie so to speak, It's 10 years old but I never encountered any problems. This is the Audio Technica At-Lp 60.
Wow!!....10 years old, Audio technica must have sent you a pre pre pre production prototype....good man.
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13429 Nov 17, 2013
Absolutely Octo!! In fact, after the concert all the members from Zeppelin came over to the hotel to meet Elvis. To quote David Stanley who was there, "Zeppelin was awestruck in their meeting with the king". Plant and Elvis took turns toying with Presley's classic "Love me".

KELOWNA

#13430 Nov 17, 2013
One of the most costliest Beatle Records is the "RPM 78" extended play from the Magical Mystery Tour Soundtrack. It is considered one of the rarest records ever issued. I paid an astronomical sum for it, but I guess it was worth it. I also have the "Hey Jude" extended play with an alternate version of "I should have known better".
......Really...
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13431 Nov 17, 2013
Absolutely Octo!! In fact, after the concert all the members from Zeppelin came over to the hotel to meet Elvis. To quote David Stanley who was there, "Zeppelin was awestruck in their meeting with the king". Plant and Elvis took turns toying with Presley's classic "Love me".
I've also read the story about Elvis getting out of his "Lisa Marie" plane to greet them as Zeppelin's "Starship" was at the same airport.

I wish that someone had at least took some pictures.
Chris

United States

#13432 Nov 17, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
I was the only one of all my friends that recorded that concert off the radio. It still has the Honda motorcyle spot at the end. I do not care for Ozzy now but back then, he was really popular. I actually like Jimi Hendrix better today than in the Heavy Metal era. The new CD's that they are coming out on Hendrix in recent years is mindboggling. Amazing stuff.
Yeah I always had stuff my friends didn't have. I couldn't get enough of it, I was always buying records & cassettes, & recording whatever I could off the radio. I had long hair & had it cut like Vince Neil. I was always wearing the tshirts of my favorite bands, & in highschool my nickname was Spitcole from Fast Times At Ridgemont High.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13433 Nov 17, 2013
To Dolby: I am hoping that the prices will come down for what I think is the best turntable for its price.
"The Pro-ject Debut Carbon turntable" retails at $400.00. I am shopping and looking for better prices on it. The lowest price that I have seen is $349.00. Hopefully on Black Friday they can reduce the price on said turntable. Peace out my friend.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#13434 Nov 17, 2013
To Octo!! It was really a historical momentous occasion. You are right pictures should have been taken. Peace out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For your eyes only Fri Little monster 25
News Get over this wife-beating poseur Jun 14 Lawrence James co... 18
The Beatles 50th Anniversary (Feb '14) Jun 12 Greg 16
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jun 11 Ralph 286
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) Jun 10 Ralph 1,071
News Beatles Albums, Ranked Worst to Best Jun 10 Ralph 1
Can my friends and I post, here? Jun 8 Moved on how bout... 12
More from around the web