150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,836

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story
Maurice P Colgan

Abbotsford, Canada

#12814 Oct 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
Apparently you didn't read what I SAID,CHEESEASS,WHOLE FAMILIES WATCHED TV TOGETHER IN THOSE YEARS,TELEVISION WAS `FAMLY FRIENDLY',MEANING THAT RATINGS ARE COUNTED BY THE NUMBER OF TELEVISION SETS AND DONT COUNT THE FACT THAT 2,3,4 OR MORE PEOPLE MIGHT BE WATCHING THAT ONE TV SET.My whole family watched `ALOHA FROM HAWAII' together,and based on that fact ALONE there's NO DOUBT that `ALOHA FROM HAWAII' actually EXEEDED a billion people,and a burnout llke you will NEVER convince me otherwise,so SAVE YOUR BREATH,PEANUT BRITTLE BRAIN,and drink your `old milwaukee,SEE YA'.
A shining example of the USA's failed education system.
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#12815 Oct 10, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
"I was lucky enough to see it live on the night" - Aloha I mean.
If I remember right, from the Aloha concert,didn't Elvis throw his' cape out to Jack Lord(Hawaii 50)in the audience?

I'll never forget when I was a teen watching this concert, when it finally aired in the states. I asked my my mom what she thought and she said he's getting fat,but he can still put his' boots under my(her) bed anytime!

Since: Aug 08

Summerland BC

#12816 Oct 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
Apparently you didn't read what I SAID,CHEESEASS,WHOLE FAMILIES WATCHED TV TOGETHER IN THOSE YEARS,TELEVISION WAS `FAMLY FRIENDLY',MEANING THAT RATINGS ARE COUNTED BY THE NUMBER OF TELEVISION SETS AND DONT COUNT THE FACT THAT 2,3,4 OR MORE PEOPLE MIGHT BE WATCHING THAT ONE TV SET.My whole family watched `ALOHA FROM HAWAII' together,and based on that fact ALONE there's NO DOUBT that `ALOHA FROM HAWAII' actually EXEEDED a billion people,and a burnout llke you will NEVER convince me otherwise,so SAVE YOUR BREATH,PEANUT BRITTLE BRAIN,and drink your `old milwaukee,SEE YA'.
Apparently it is YOUR reading skills that should be questioned,(along with your writing skills), go read Observer's post again, he had already taken into account the WHOLE population of the countries in question. Is your stupidity just an act, or are you truly that dumb?

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12817 Oct 10, 2013
Dennis Hauser wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember right, from the Aloha concert,didn't Elvis throw his' cape out to Jack Lord(Hawaii 50)in the audience?
I'll never forget when I was a teen watching this concert, when it finally aired in the states. I asked my my mom what she thought and she said he's getting fat,but he can still put his' boots under my(her) bed anytime!
No, it was caught by a sportscaster who, I think, worked in radio.

After he died, his wife donated the cape back to Graceland, so that's why both capes are on display.

These are the short Aloha capes, of course. The long one, down to Elvis' ankles, was never worn, and is now in the hands of Yellow Wiggle Greg Paige and is on display in a small town called Parkes at the Parkes Elvis Museum here in my state of NSW, Australia. It's quite magnificent.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12818 Oct 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
Whatever medication you're on, lower the dosage.

I knew the FACTS presented would be too much for you to comprehend.

Clearly, Dick, you're incapable of "doing the math".

King Elvis.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#12819 Oct 10, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I liked Kotter back in the day.
My favourite show of all time is, believe it or not, Bewitched. I have an autographed picture of Elizabeth Montgomery.
Elizabeth Montgomery was once married to Gig Young that co starred with Elvis in "Kid Galahad" I've read that she had visited the set and Elvis and the Memphis Mafia thought she was beautiful, which she certainly was. Since "Bewitched" was an older show by the seventies, it was rerun on television after school like many sitcoms were including "The Brady Bunch" "I Dream Of Jeanie" "The Odd Couple" and "M*A*S*H" Of course, they are pretty tame today but seventies programing was what it was. I always thought Elizabeth was a class act. She made a lot of television movies too. I was sad that she passed away some years back. How did you get an autographed picture?
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#12820 Oct 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
And Octo,Mcfartney's new album should not be called `new' but `OLD',I agree with you 100 percent on the album cover,too,UGLY as hell,I think it's time for 'ol giblet jowels to hang up the bass guitar and concentrate on more important things,LIKE BREATHING,`OL MCFARTNEY,VEGGIE TURD KING,peace out.
"Save Us" is a nice try but it simply is not strong enough to do much of anything. I've noticed Paul tried to beef it up a notch since his last single, "My Valentine" was so poorly recieved. McCartney's solo career has never lived up to the promise of his best work with The Beatles. I have to say though, McCartney has been doing empty music for decades and is now an old man. I am sure some die hard Beatle fans will continue to support him.
Maurice P Colgan

Abbotsford, Canada

#12821 Oct 10, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure some die hard Beatle fans will continue to support him.
Well at least it is a well produced album, not some lame concert bootleg of the same old songs from a portable cassette recorder that fans of some other artist's find to be acceptable...lol.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12825 Oct 10, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabeth Montgomery was once married to Gig Young that co starred with Elvis in "Kid Galahad" I've read that she had visited the set and Elvis and the Memphis Mafia thought she was beautiful, which she certainly was. Since "Bewitched" was an older show by the seventies, it was rerun on television after school like many sitcoms were including "The Brady Bunch" "I Dream Of Jeanie" "The Odd Couple" and "M*A*S*H" Of course, they are pretty tame today but seventies programing was what it was. I always thought Elizabeth was a class act. She made a lot of television movies too. I was sad that she passed away some years back. How did you get an autographed picture?
The Kid Galahad incident is recounted in the latest biography of Liz,'Twitch Upon A Star'. Gig Young was a violent drunk, and when Elvis flirted with her when she visited the set, he flew into a rage. He accused her of having an affair with Elvis for months after. Elvis threatened to kick his ass over his treatment of her, but it never came to anything. She always spoke highly of Elvis.

As for the pic, I found an old address of hers in a fan magazine from the 70s and wrote her asking for one in the late eighties. Took months to arrive. Later I found out she'd lived in the same house for many years, so my letter made it.

Same with Ann-Margret. Wrote her a letter, then nine months and nine days later, an autographed pic arrived in the mail.

I treasure them both, of course.

I also have a couple of Yvonne Craig - one with Elvis and one as Batgirl. You can get those via her website for a nominal price.

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#12826 Oct 10, 2013
http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Beware Canadian imposters.
Maurice P Colgan

Abbotsford, Canada

#12827 Oct 10, 2013
MauricePColgan wrote:
Beware Canadian imposters.
I'll be on the lookout for any..
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12828 Oct 10, 2013
To Dolbyscat,do us all a favor,and SCAT,and I'll never go by the manipulated`numbers' of a old 60's burnout like Alan Hanson,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII' WAS SEEN BY more than a billion people for the reasons I previously stated,Mr.Hanson's`numbers'are about as reliable as the RIAA'S Elvis sales figures,in other words,FAKE,with a capital F,you 2 are just a couple of NON Elvis fans taking the side of asshole Elvis detractor like Hanson,so eat me,SEE'YA.
Maurice P Colgan

Abbotsford, Canada

#12829 Oct 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
To Dolbyscat,do us all a favor,and SCAT,and I'll never go by the manipulated`numbers' of a old 60's burnout like Alan Hanson,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII' WAS SEEN BY more than a billion people for the reasons I previously stated,Mr.Hanson's`numbers'are about as reliable as the RIAA'S Elvis sales figures,in other words,FAKE,with a capital F,you 2 are just a couple of NON Elvis fans taking the side of asshole Elvis detractor like Hanson,so eat me,SEE'YA.
You're just a sad little girl who is gonna believe what you want to believe, this Elvis thing is like a religion to you ain't it?
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#12830 Oct 10, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was caught by a sportscaster who, I think, worked in radio.
After he died, his wife donated the cape back to Graceland, so that's why both capes are on display.
These are the short Aloha capes, of course. The long one, down to Elvis' ankles, was never worn, and is now in the hands of Yellow Wiggle Greg Paige and is on display in a small town called Parkes at the Parkes Elvis Museum here in my state of NSW, Australia. It's quite magnificent.
OOOPS! My mistake, it was the belt. I just saw Elvis having fun with Kathy Westmoreland on you tube. It was something new for me and refreshing to hear Elvis enjoy being himself.

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#12832 Oct 11, 2013
http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

RollingStone magazine votes Tupelo a Landmark destination.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#12834 Oct 11, 2013
Maurice P Colgan wrote:
<quoted text>Well at least it is a well produced album, not some lame concert bootleg of the same old songs from a portable cassette recorder that fans of some other artist's find to be acceptable...lol.
I've heard Paul had four different producers for his new release. However, the couple tracks I've heard really does not do anything for me. It is a modern production like Glee or American Idol. It seems that something is lost on the newer music today. The warmth of a passionate performance. It is too clean, too polished and certainly does not make a good recording because McCartney is basically just going through the motions yet once again. A lot like a recent Rolling Stones or Mick Jagger solo record. Void of any true heart or passion that made their greatest classics so great.

Since I am an Elvis fan of long standing, I like hearing excellent sounding audience tapes. They sometimes capture the personality and sense of humor Elvis had with his musicians, fans. Besides, I have a large collection of other artists in my CD library as well. Nothing beats a live performance with a band and the reaction of a live audience as it is happening on different nights. The songs might be the same but it is how they are performed that may hold a few surprises.

At least, Elvis is not 71 years old still singing "Miss You" or "Shattered" for the billionth time.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#12835 Oct 11, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kid Galahad incident is recounted in the latest biography of Liz,'Twitch Upon A Star'. Gig Young was a violent drunk, and when Elvis flirted with her when she visited the set, he flew into a rage. He accused her of having an affair with Elvis for months after. Elvis threatened to kick his ass over his treatment of her, but it never came to anything. She always spoke highly of Elvis.
As for the pic, I found an old address of hers in a fan magazine from the 70s and wrote her asking for one in the late eighties. Took months to arrive. Later I found out she'd lived in the same house for many years, so my letter made it.
Same with Ann-Margret. Wrote her a letter, then nine months and nine days later, an autographed pic arrived in the mail.
I treasure them both, of course.
I also have a couple of Yvonne Craig - one with Elvis and one as Batgirl. You can get those via her website for a nominal price.
Interesting. I never knew that Elvis defended Elizabeth Montgomery from Gig Young's abusive behavior towards her on the set of "Kid Galahad" It is really too bad that Elizabeth never got to work with Elvis in a film. She was quite beautiful and I had a crush on her as a kid. "Bewitched" was a good television show back in the day but I remember her string of excellent television movies that she made after "Bewitched" ended. She was a good actress. Her father was Robert Montgomery that starred in the original "Mr And Mrs Smith" The film was made in the early forties and is still pretty funny. Elvis actually bought the house Elizabeth Montgomery lived in as a child in LA and lived there for a time with Priscilla in late 1967. 144 Moonvale in the Holmby Hills area.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12838 Oct 11, 2013
And getting back to the subject of this site,ELVIS,I have an album on vinyl that I bought back in the early `80's called `ELVIS LOVE SONGS'on the K-TEL label.I bought this album at a WOOLWORTH store and this album was prominently displayed in that and several other 5 and dime stores at the time.I'm SURE that if Elvis's people find the royalty receipts for this album they'll have another multi-platinum seller that could be submitted for certification by the RIAA,maybe this upcoming ceremony will address the sales of this album along with the many others,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12839 Oct 11, 2013
And the reason I go after Paul Mccartney is because I think this man is 2 faced.In public he pretends to be this nice guy,but I think behind the scenes this guy is pure hell on wheels,a REAL control freak,and I think he was also a factor in the breakup of The Beatles.Everyone blames Yoko Ono,but I think the BIGGER reason is John,George and Ringo got SICK of Mccartney and his attempts to be `the boss'of The Beatles,and by breaking up told Mccartney to take his rotten attitude and put it where the sun don't shine,and they did the RIGHT thing in my opinion,peace out.
Chris

United States

#12864 Oct 13, 2013
RICK wrote:
And the reason I go after Paul Mccartney is because I think this man is 2 faced.In public he pretends to be this nice guy,but I think behind the scenes this guy is pure hell on wheels,a REAL control freak,and I think he was also a factor in the breakup of The Beatles.Everyone blames Yoko Ono,but I think the BIGGER reason is John,George and Ringo got SICK of Mccartney and his attempts to be `the boss'of The Beatles,and by breaking up told Mccartney to take his rotten attitude and put it where the sun don't shine,and they did the RIGHT thing in my opinion,peace out.
FYI Rick, Paul was not the reason the Beatles broke up. On the contrary he was the reason they didn't break up sooner. He wrote most of their later hits to keep them relevant. And he was the main one who kept them working & together by coming up with new ideas.Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, Let it Be & Abbey Road, were all his ideas. And so what if the guys a perfectionist, most gifted or talented people are. And please stop insulting him, it makes you sound petty & jealous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the beatles children and grandchildren (Mar '08) Sat Lynne 14
The better Beatle: John Lennon or Paul McCartne... Dec 24 Greg 1
Flashback | John And Yoko's 1971 Holiday Gift F... Dec 20 Antonella Francesca 1
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Dec 20 Little monster 199
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Dec 15 shawnboushie 26
Who was the most talented Beatle in your opinion? (Nov '07) Nov '14 Greg 82
[News] Drake Passes The Beatles With Latest Bil... Nov '14 TheAfroHedgehog 3
More from around the web