150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,836

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#12640 Sep 23, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dennis : You are absolutely right!! as I previously stated on past threads, RCA (Presley's
recording label) was using the pressing plants of other recording companies in order to keep up with the public clamor and demand in the wake and aftermath of Presley's death. In fact, in the four months after Elvis Presley's untimely death on August 16,1977, it is estimated that 200 million Presley records were sold worldwide in all formats. RCA's headquarters which was based in Indianapolis Indiana, was itself manufacturing and shipping 3 million Presley units a week. The combined total of pressing plants were shipping and distributing 20 million units a week. This astronomical amount of Presley's record sales kept going strong and in double figures up until June of 1978. Over 100 million albums were sold in the United States alone within that time span. Blanchard Tual a court appointed attorney who was responsible for the removal of Colonel Parker as business executor of the Presley estate, acknowledge these record sales figures in 1981. This led to the Washington Post story divulging that Elvis Aron Presley had surpassed the billion mark in record sales in 1982.
unfortunately, due to the illicit business shenanigans of Presley's manager(Colonel Tom Parker)these record sales have been misfiled, scattered or shredded. I have been told that they have found documentation on these 1977-1979 lost Presley sales. I believe that Carey Sherman (Present RIAA president) and Hillary Rosen
(former RIAA president) have both stated that Presley should be recognized as the best selling artist of all time in the United States. However, until they can locate these lost sales like they did past sales, we will probably never know. As previously stated, only a fraction of Presley's record sales have being formally tabulated and certified in sales by the Recording Industry Association of America. Peace out!!
Should call Elvis' mgr. Col. Kink,not Col. Tom.! He had worked out a successfull formula for Elvis, which I'm sure Elvis appreciated, just not the use and abuse program.
In the end, I feel Elvis' creative flame had been extinguished. Elvis envisioned touring the world and taking his' career to another level, but the Dutchman held him back.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12641 Sep 23, 2013
Lots of great info on those so called `lost' Elvis record sales from 1977 to 1979,and you say that these sales have been recently found,and you also say that a ceremony acknowledging these sales will be held within the next few months,but has a date been formally set for this ceremony,or are they still going through the process of tabulating the `new' sales documentation,I always knew that currently uncertified albums like `A DATE WITH ELVIS',`FOR LP FANS ONLY',`ELVIS FOR EVERYONE'and soundtracks like `FUN IN ACAPULCO'and `KISSIN'COUSINS'qualified for certification.And I believe that also albums like `POT LUCK'and `GOOD TIMES',which I read are VERY close to certification even minus the `77 TO `79 sales info,also qualify.About 90 to 95 percent of Elvis fans have these albums,I do,Victor,and I KNOW that you and Octo have them as well,peace to you
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12642 Sep 23, 2013
To Dennis and Rick: These lost 1977 to 1979 Elvis record sales stemmed from the 1973 buyout agreement that was negotiated by Colonel Tom Parker and RCA. That agreement gave RCA the power to deny the Elvis Presley Estate a legal request to audit Presley's record sales from the period of March 1, 1973 to January 1, 1978. Attorney Blanchard Tual who was appointed by judge Evans who presided in the civil matter, charged Colonel Parker and RCA in an act of impropriety and collusion against Presley's best interest. Moreover in that contractual agreement there was a non objection clause agreement pertaining to a no record sales audit provision. Could you believe it? At the bequeath of both parties (RCA and Colonel Parker) Elvis Presley was not to be audited. So it was not only the period of 1977 to 1979 . No independently audited figures were ever establish for Elvis Aron Presley from 1973 to 1979. Elvis died in 1977. Furthermore Colonel Parker's illicit business shenanigans blew up in 1980, which led to his removal as business executor and manager for the Estate in 1981. I am glad that these record sales omissions and discrepancies are being addressed by Sony music industries. This is why the respectable music industry analysts and pundits give their estimation that Elvis Presley is the greatest record seller in the history of recorded music. Peace Out.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12643 Sep 23, 2013
Yes Rick !! An astronomical amount of record sales certifications (much like 1992 and 2004)) are under way for Elvis. I hear the combined total is huge and widespread for singles,extended plays and albums. Be patient, it will happen!! Have a great day my friend.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12647 Sep 24, 2013
Thank you for the great info you always provide,Victor,and I forgot about the 1973 Presley buyout agreement and how this plays into the `missing'but vital 1977 to 1979 sales documentation,I just love The King and want to see him get his due justice and fair treatment,as all of us TRUE Elvis fans do[and that EXCLUDES you,Queen Elvis,I KNOW YOU'RE A GIRL,no man could bitch like you do]peace to all the fine people on this site[that also EXCLUDES you,Queenie,so go and eat breakfast,of course for you breakfast consists of a box of Little Debbie snackcakes and a 24 pack of Old Milwaukee,not MY idea of breakfast,SEE'YA.
treppinh

Pittsburgh, PA

#12648 Sep 24, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Smoking is a excuse for Breathing
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#12655 Sep 26, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dennis and Rick: These lost 1977 to 1979 Elvis record sales stemmed from the 1973 buyout agreement that was negotiated by Colonel Tom Parker and RCA. That agreement gave RCA the power to deny the Elvis Presley Estate a legal request to audit Presley's record sales from the period of March 1, 1973 to January 1, 1978. Attorney Blanchard Tual who was appointed by judge Evans who presided in the civil matter, charged Colonel Parker and RCA in an act of impropriety and collusion against Presley's best interest. Moreover in that contractual agreement there was a non objection clause agreement pertaining to a no record sales audit provision. Could you believe it? At the bequeath of both parties (RCA and Colonel Parker) Elvis Presley was not to be audited. So it was not only the period of 1977 to 1979 . No independently audited figures were ever establish for Elvis Aron Presley from 1973 to 1979. Elvis died in 1977. Furthermore Colonel Parker's illicit business shenanigans blew up in 1980, which led to his removal as business executor and manager for the Estate in 1981. I am glad that these record sales omissions and discrepancies are being addressed by Sony music industries. This is why the respectable music industry analysts and pundits give their estimation that Elvis Presley is the greatest record seller in the history of recorded music. Peace Out.
Hey! Vic, Octo & Rick,

First Sir Paul visits Graceland(you know, the top Iconic place to visit), then not only pays his' respect( I seriously, wonder if he took the tour? I hope so.)to him and leaves Elvis his' guitar pick. Then Sir Paul is on Jimmy Kimmels' show and tells Jimmy, in his conversation about the good old days, that Elvis was a god! I guess this is how a knight talks about a king! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#12656 Sep 26, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
Beatles have been erroneously placed at number 2, due to Presley's missing record sales data. typo error on previous thread.
Did you see Sir Paul on Jimmy Kimmel? Did you feel a familar song beat in your head? My wife & I are listening and she said I like that new song, the beat, it's catchy.
Do you remember old Beatles songs, she said yes. Do you remember the song,""Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" ? and she said,yes. Sounded the same to me.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12657 Sep 26, 2013
To Dennis: You are absolutely right: Sir Paul, a member of the greatest Pop band of all time divulging great complementary words about the greatest artist and most influential entertainer of all time.
what a treat!! Peace out.
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#12658 Sep 26, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dennis: You are absolutely right: Sir Paul, a member of the greatest Pop band of all time divulging great complementary words about the greatest artist and most influential entertainer of all time.
what a treat!! Peace out.
I just watched "the Killer" in a parade down Beale street in Memphis, to promote a night club he was opening. As I was watching it, in one of the cars was Jerry Schilling!! april 2013.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12659 Sep 26, 2013
To Dennis!! You mean "The killer" Jerry Lee Lewis ?
Mr.'Great Balls of Fire Himself on a parade, with the one and only Jerry Schilling. Wow!! On a separate note I read Schilling is working as a contributor on the new Elvis Movie "Last Train to Memphis" schedule for release sometime next year.
I am also hoping that the next wave of record certifications come about sometime around Elvis Presley's Birthday on January 8, 2014. Hopefully we all can be satisfied with Presley rightfully at the top echelon where he belongs. Peace out,

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#12660 Sep 26, 2013
DENNIS HAUSER wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see Sir Paul on Jimmy Kimmel? Did you feel a familar song beat in your head? My wife & I are listening and she said I like that new song, the beat, it's catchy.
Do you remember old Beatles songs, she said yes. Do you remember the song,""Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" ? and she said,yes. Sounded the same to me.
I remember performing Sir Paul's "Liverpool Oratorio." It reminded of me "Eleanor Rigby", in parts of it.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#12663 Sep 27, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
To Dennis!! You mean "The killer" Jerry Lee Lewis ?
Mr.'Great Balls of Fire Himself on a parade, with the one and only Jerry Schilling. Wow!! On a separate note I read Schilling is working as a contributor on the new Elvis Movie "Last Train to Memphis" schedule for release sometime next year.
I am also hoping that the next wave of record certifications come about sometime around Elvis Presley's Birthday on January 8, 2014. Hopefully we all can be satisfied with Presley rightfully at the top echelon where he belongs. Peace out,
As always, you tube had "the KIller" parade on Beale street. I have always enjoyed Jerry Lee Lewis' music and enjoy his' Last Man Standing cd. It's ironic that he is the last man standing, I always thought of the "Sun Session days", he would've went first. I just saw him on you tube with Tom Jones!
I will always have respect for Jerry Schilling and know if anyone can make the book become a reality, correct and successfull,it will be him.
Please keep us updated when you even get a whiff of more gold/platinum, for Elvis.
P.S. I have met "the Killer" and Mickey Gilley, many years ago. They're great guys.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12666 Sep 27, 2013
Yes Dennis !! you are absolutely right: After all these years, the killer still has a lot of fight left in him. Remember the time he was, in his own words, "pretty liquored up" and went to the Graceland gates with a revolver demanding to see the King. For his actions, he spent the night in the "Big House". And as you stated, after all those years boozing and pill consuming, he still is,"The Last Man Standing".
How ironic!! Peace out.

Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12669 Sep 28, 2013
To the fake King Elvis or is it queen? you are a disgusting piece of garbage. You are preventing other fine folks from posting in this forum. Ain't you ashamed of yourself? Come on queen, give it a break and give yourself a break? Everyone knows "Observers Rules" AKA "The Real King" is a gentleman and does not write the garbage you write, you worthless Aussie Drag. How many more times will my children be subjected to your degrading threads? You are a worthless piece of Aussie scum. I wish I knew who you were so I could confront you face to face and kick your @#$%^%$ tail. But knowing that you are a queen, you probably like it. Piss off you fool floon faggot. "Thank you very much"

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12671 Sep 28, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a jerk and a Latino arsewipe.
I am the genuine King Elvis/Observer Rules. The other one that comes on here is troll Lean pretending to be me.
Lean hates me because IT WAS ME and not him who took control of the apartment at Gosford.
I AM THE REAL, ONE AND ONLY KING ELVIS!!!!
Piss off Latino loser and leave the thread to real (King) Elvis fans.
Really, "King Elvis"?

Then perhaps you could tell us all the name and location of the other troll on here whom I also dispatched, and what he did for a living? And exactly where he lived. And what he said to finally get him kicked off. Nope, it wasn't Gordo.

Or where King Elvis spent his 30th birthday, something "I" (as King Elvis) mentioned on here, long before you showed up and RUINED this forum with your pathetic vendetta against me.

Or what Elvis-related info I've been begging Lee to provide here for months?(Nope, not the press conference).

Or what about about posting your (ie MY) real name? Select posters on here know.

Well, Philip? Anything?

Your last two posts ... posting at 10pm Saturday night and 6am Sunday morning, eh troll? What a fcking loser you are, Philip. Such. A. Fcking. Loser. Troll.

See, Philip? Radio Waves? Justin Harrison? Or any of the other pathetic names you choose? Everyone here sees right through you, troll, and knows who the real and original King Elvis is. ME!

And it fcking KILLS YOU, you little gobshite.

You got the guts yet to meet me in person and settle this like men? Like I said before, I'm happy to come to your address and face you man to man - a suggestion you've conveniently chosen to ignore before. And I would kick your saggy old ass!

Oh, and Victor isn't Latino, you moron.

Well done, Carol.
Well done, Carol.
Well done, Carol.
Well done, Carol.
Well done, Carol.
Well done, Carol....

blah blah blah ...

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12673 Sep 28, 2013
Radio Waves wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done, Carol.
Blah, blah, blah ...

No one's listening, Philip.

Coz no one cares.

Get a LIFE, you fcking troll!

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12676 Sep 29, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have his address - you have published it here.
You're right, Philip, I HAVE published your address before. And your phone number.

Right here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/elvis-presley/...

... as King Elvis.

Epic fail.
T he chopper wrote:
The last post is from the real king elvis for sure
The last post is from the real troll c-nt Philip Lean for sure.

Okay, enough bullshit from you ... set a day and time to meet up and settle this like men.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#12678 Sep 29, 2013
WOW !! I guess the Troll infighting being posted in these threads as of lately, degrades the Elvis forum completely. Oh well it's unfortunate it has come to this!! I am posting out !!

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#12681 Sep 29, 2013
Victor Abreu wrote:
WOW !! I guess the Troll infighting being posted in these threads as of lately, degrades the Elvis forum completely. Oh well it's unfortunate it has come to this!! I am posting out !!
It bothers me, too. If the troll enjoys ruining this type of posting, I'd like to know if this is how he/she conducts his or her personal life. Perhaps professional counseling might help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the beatles children and grandchildren (Mar '08) 23 hr Lynne 14
The better Beatle: John Lennon or Paul McCartne... Dec 24 Greg 1
Flashback | John And Yoko's 1971 Holiday Gift F... Dec 20 Antonella Francesca 1
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Dec 20 Little monster 199
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Dec 15 shawnboushie 26
Who was the most talented Beatle in your opinion? (Nov '07) Nov '14 Greg 82
[News] Drake Passes The Beatles With Latest Bil... Nov '14 TheAfroHedgehog 3
More from around the web