150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12899 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Octopus

Albany, NY

#12149 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just trying to bate me into telling more, all right then I will, it was nearly 48years ago I met him at Manchester airport, and I have met other members of his family, Elvis did a very good Manchester accent, I have met his uncle Vester and his father.
I have told a lot of this story before but you have deleted it.
You can put all the date's and places in you like but I still met him, he even gave me a record player and some records one of the records was a song called house of the rising sun by the group the animals.
Interesting that in one of my Elvis books, "The Complete Elvis" it lists "House Of The Rising Sun" as something Elvis may have recorded in the studio or done a couple of lines live in 1971. Of course, it has never shown up in any form. Perhaps, it was a joke Elvis told or knew the song and connected it to his horse, "Rising Sun" I would have loved if Elvis really covered the song.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12152 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be out a day or two but not much at the time I was at the airport the big 1966 football match was on and some of the teams had, had the play off and there were people from Scotland changing planes at the airport it was in the afternoon about 2 or 4 after they had all gone the airport had gone quiet this is when Elvis came in, as I got talking to him this is what he told me why he was here he said he had got on a plane and he ran away, he had always wanted to go to England, he had an argument with the Col I did not know what he was talking about, as a joke I said Col mustard Col custard he just started to laugh his head of at that one he said he was an old fart.
Yet, in a previous post you claimed that he was sick. Now, he is laughing his head off?

There is a space in time between New Mexico from April 20th 1966 to April 23rd 1966 when Elvis pulled into Graceland in his greyhound bus. They said that there were about 50 fans wanting for him, many carrying signs and balloons. Obviously, he just got home from driving from New Mexico.

There is no possible way that Elvis could have been in England.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12153 Aug 4, 2013
*waiting for him...
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12155 Aug 4, 2013
Last night I happen to come across an interesting internet article about Pat Boone first meeting Elvis when they were booked together for a sock hop in Cleveland, set up by Bill Randle in 1955. Boone never said anything about it ever being filmed as the long lost film, "Pied Piper Of Cleveland"

Anyway, in the interview, Boone states that he had started 11 months before Elvis and already had some big hit singles on the charts at that time so he was the headliner. Elvis only did two songs of his first Sun single and then was gone. Pat Boone said Elvis was very quiet and did not talk much unless he got to know you well enough.

And that is exactly what others have told me. I know people who have met him. You would have to drag out a conversation with him. Elvis wasn't comfortable talking unless he knew you.
xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12156 Aug 4, 2013
Octopus wrote:
*waiting for him...
Elvis may have had a double at Graceland at the time people have said that he did used them, ask Joe he was in England with him, and sonny West, red West, and Lamar Fike and Charlie Hodge and a few more. don't ask me why people did know his men in England know- body knew he had any men.
xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12157 Aug 4, 2013
Octopus wrote:
Last night I happen to come across an interesting internet article about Pat Boone first meeting Elvis when they were booked together for a sock hop in Cleveland, set up by Bill Randle in 1955. Boone never said anything about it ever being filmed as the long lost film, "Pied Piper Of Cleveland"
Anyway, in the interview, Boone states that he had started 11 months before Elvis and already had some big hit singles on the charts at that time so he was the headliner. Elvis only did two songs of his first Sun single and then was gone. Pat Boone said Elvis was very quiet and did not talk much unless he got to know you well enough.
And that is exactly what others have told me. I know people who have met him. You would have to drag out a conversation with him. Elvis wasn't comfortable talking unless he knew you.
He spoke to me at the airport because I was watching him acting silly, and he knew I was watching him and he did like talking to young blonde teenage girls and I was all of that.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12158 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis may have had a double at Graceland at the time people have said that he did used them, ask Joe he was in England with him, and sonny West, red West, and Lamar Fike and Charlie Hodge and a few more. don't ask me why people did know his men in England know- body knew he had any men.
I highly doubt that Elvis used body doubles. He was known to have driven from Memphis to Hollywood in his greyhound bus because at the time, Elvis was afraid of flying in an airplane. Of course, by the seventies, Elvis overcame his fear and bought his own personal jet, which he named after his daughter, Lisa Marie. I've met several Memphis Mafia members over the years and none of them ever said that Elvis ever left the United States after his army term was up. I didn't ask any of them that question because it would've been a stupid question to ask. Some of those guys were in Germany with him while he was over there but they were never in England in 1966. I don't know why you think we are gullible to believe your fantasy. Why would Elvis fly if he didn't like going on planes? BTW, he traveled by ship across the ocean to get to Europe when he was drafted and he come back home by ship when he was discharged. Then he hopped on a train to Memphis from there.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12159 Aug 4, 2013
I know he was seen going on a plane in Germany but I think it was only to take him to his ship destination. Could be wrong about that but it is true that Elvis hated flying.
xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12160 Aug 4, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt that Elvis used body doubles. He was known to have driven from Memphis to Hollywood in his greyhound bus because at the time, Elvis was afraid of flying in an airplane. Of course, by the seventies, Elvis overcame his fear and bought his own personal jet, which he named after his daughter, Lisa Marie. I've met several Memphis Mafia members over the years and none of them ever said that Elvis ever left the United States after his army term was up. I didn't ask any of them that question because it would've been a stupid question to ask. Some of those guys were in Germany with him while he was over there but they were never in England in 1966. I don't know why you think we are gullible to believe your fantasy. Why would Elvis fly if he didn't like going on planes? BTW, he traveled by ship across the ocean to get to Europe when he was drafted and he come back home by ship when he was discharged. Then he hopped on a train to Memphis from there.
When he came out of the army there are pictures of Elvis getting off a plane in Scotland uk in 1960, I don't know the full story behind that because I was only a small child in England at the time.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12161 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
When he came out of the army there are pictures of Elvis getting off a plane in Scotland uk in 1960, I don't know the full story behind that because I was only a small child in England at the time.
I know he had to take a plane when he had no other choice but I do believe he did get on a ship across the ocean to Europe and then again when he came back to the United States.
xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12162 Aug 4, 2013
Octopus wrote:
I know he was seen going on a plane in Germany but I think it was only to take him to his ship destination. Could be wrong about that but it is true that Elvis hated flying.
Have you got the tourettes syndrome because you keep saying B.T.W in front of my face, say it behind my back or say it in full.

Thank you very much.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12163 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He spoke to me at the airport because I was watching him acting silly, and he knew I was watching him and he did like talking to young blonde teenage girls and I was all of that.
How could he be acting silly if you claim that he was sick and had to get a bucket for him to puke in? Elvis was weary of strangers and was known to be quiet. It wouldn't matter if you were a young blonde teenaged girl or not. This is supposed to be 1966. The only time Elvis was in England was a make pretend Hollywood production in "Double Trouble" And his co star, Annette Day was a red head.
xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12164 Aug 4, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
How could he be acting silly if you claim that he was sick and had to get a bucket for him to puke in? Elvis was weary of strangers and was known to be quiet. It wouldn't matter if you were a young blonde teenaged girl or not. This is supposed to be 1966. The only time Elvis was in England was a make pretend Hollywood production in "Double Trouble" And his co star, Annette Day was a red head.
Because I did a quick summing up of my story, my full story was del, last week.

He did not need the bucket at the airport, he needed it later on down the line in my story if you had read the full story you would know.
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12165 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you got the tourettes syndrome because you keep saying B.T.W in front of my face, say it behind my back or say it in full.
Thank you very much.
BTW is short for saying "By The Way"

What do you think it means?
Octopus

Albany, NY

#12166 Aug 4, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I did a quick summing up of my story, my full story was del, last week.
He did not need the bucket at the airport, he needed it later on down the line in my story if you had read the full story you would know.
Still do not believe your story, hon.

Everything Elvis ever did has been documented very well over the years.

I believe Elvis went out at times in disguise and sometimes sneaked around unnoticed but I do not think he ever went to England.

He had no reason to go there in secret.

John Burrows or Dr John Carpenter were used in the seventies.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12167 Aug 4, 2013
Dolbyscat wrote:
"Observer Rules" there is quite obviously a story, or history between yourself and "Philip Lean"...care to explain??
Justin Harrison wrote:
<quoted text>
THE LOW DOWN ON PHILIP LEAN AND KING ELVIS/OBSERVER RULES...
Post #12147: and THAT, Dolbyscat, sums up the troll perfectly.

Absolutely insane ravings, poorly written, using yet another screen name, posted at 4 o'clock in the morning Sydney time (the hour of the loser trolls), and complete BS.

Topix is aware of his trolling, and automatically deletes his stuff every time - yet he keeps posting here. He's completely, barking mad.

Just ignore him and his posts, everybody else does. They always get deleted.

King Elvis.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12169 Aug 4, 2013
Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
if the article is BS why draw attention to it? I think it has the ring of truth about it - it would be hard to cook up a story like it
Well done Radio Waves.
xxxxx

Wolverhampton, UK

#12175 Aug 5, 2013
Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
if the article is BS why draw attention to it? I think it has the ring of truth about it - it would be hard to cook up a story like it
You need to phone the doctor right now, you are having a breakdown.

xxxxx
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12178 Aug 5, 2013
Well,victor,if this press conference is going to address new info on his U.S record sales,especially his UNCREDITED sales by the RIAA,I hope that Elvis will finally get some justice and fair treatment and have these sales acknowledged,who's holding the press conference,SONY/BMG,or the RIAA,and one more time,'cause it bears repeating,EXECS AT NBC,ALLOW PARAMOUNT TO GIVE ELVIS 2ND MOVIE `LOVING YOU'THE WIDE RELEASE IT DESERVES,ON DVD AND BLUE-RAY,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#12179 Aug 5, 2013
And one of Elvis's records the baffles me is the soundtrack album for `Fun In Acapulco'.This movie was the top grossing musical movie of 1963,and the album didn't even go gold,I find that strange,maybe the sales of this and many other Elvis records will be addressed in this upcoming press conference,peace out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had Fri Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... Fri Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) Fri Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May 10 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr 27 justicewell 1
Beatles Album Revolver Apr '17 Anonymous 1
News Beatlemania heads to JET Saturday night Apr '17 UK eh 1
More from around the web