150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12902 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Elmer

Bothell, WA

#11522 Jun 7, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
And you see the post above, too.
Only the real KE knows you're Elmer.
(Epic fail again, Lean. You're not me, you never will be).
Your ISP has changed twice tonight but I know you are the real King Elvis because troll Lean never post nice things to say. It's not in his nature.He's obsessed with someone named Carol maybe that's his inflatable doll.
xxxxx

Aylesbury, UK

#11523 Jun 8, 2013
Elmer wrote:
<quoted text>Your ISP has changed twice tonight but I know you are the real King Elvis because troll Lean never post nice things to say. It's not in his nature.He's obsessed with someone named Carol maybe that's his inflatable doll.
Somebody is having a total breakdown in personality, they need to see a doctor right away.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11527 Jun 8, 2013
RICK wrote:
Hey,Octo,I haven't been to Graceland lately,I heard that some of the surrounding area has gone down,is this true,I hope not,peace out.
I've been to Memphis last May and did not see any changes yet to the surrounding property. I assume that Memphis or Graceland wants to make improvements across the street by widening the road in front of Graceland. I thought the area around Graceland could use touching up but without doing anything to the house or property inside. Unfortunately, they did have to put in public restrooms, which is needed but other than that, Graceland is pretty much the same. Of course, because of the tourism factor, Graceland has certainly lost the appeal of being Elvis's home. I was there in 2000 when Aunt Delta was still alive and living there. It is different now but I don't think that can be helped.
Paul

Grand Rapids, MI

#11529 Jun 8, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Paul, when are you going to tell me where you found the "autobiography of Nancy Sinatra" where she said she was fooling around with Elvis while he was married?
There is no such book.
Not sure what your talking about Lee. Ive never spoke to you before in my life. My first post ever on this site was the one about the record sales.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#11534 Jun 9, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Memphis last May and did not see any changes yet to the surrounding property. I assume that Memphis or Graceland wants to make improvements across the street by widening the road in front of Graceland. I thought the area around Graceland could use touching up but without doing anything to the house or property inside. Unfortunately, they did have to put in public restrooms, which is needed but other than that, Graceland is pretty much the same. Of course, because of the tourism factor, Graceland has certainly lost the appeal of being Elvis's home. I was there in 2000 when Aunt Delta was still alive and living there. It is different now but I don't think that can be helped.
It's interesting to hear your description of Graceland. It's on my list of places to visit.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#11536 Jun 10, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what your talking about Lee. Ive never spoke to you before in my life. My first post ever on this site was the one about the record sales.
A poster named Paul said on the thread Priscilla Presley Showcases" that Nancy Sinatra said in her autobiography that she and Elvis fooled around while he was married to Priscilla. There is no such book. She has never written an autobiography. And she has said exactly the opposite.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11538 Jun 10, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting to hear your description of Graceland. It's on my list of places to visit.
I've been to Memphis several times over the years because of Elvis but be aware that Memphis is not fancy. You should plan ahead and visit other sights besides touring Graceland to get the most of your trip there. I saw Elvis's birthplace, Beale Street, his first house before buying Graceland, and went out to restaurants that were recommended by people who know the area. You'll like it in Graceland because it was a man's home. Elvis had it the way he liked it but some women might find it tacky. I love it because it expresses how Elvis was back in the seventies. You get the feeling that a good person once lived there. It's a beautiful place to me.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11540 Jun 10, 2013
Well,that's good to hear,Octo,because the last time I was at Graceland was a while back,in 1995,and I saw many of the same things you did and I loved it,and the beauty of the experience is that it WASN'T fancy,but it was still fun,I went on a bus tour and saw Graceland,The Peabody Hotel[where Elvis went to his senior prom],Mud Island,Sun Records Studio,had some dinner at a place called The King's Inn,and saw an exhibit of ancient Chinese artifacts at Cook's Convention Center downtown,and went on a paddleboat on the Missisippi River on a beautiful[and hot]night,lots of fun,I'd like to go back and will one of these days,peace out.
Truth be Told

Mount Vernon, NY

#11541 Jun 10, 2013
Last week Paul McCartney went to Graceland for his bday. Did he got to Pedoland..No Way!!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11542 Jun 10, 2013
I'd like to make a point,getting back to music,I've noticed that a lot of artists of the late 60's and 70's,mostly solo artists,are EXTREMELY boring to watch,the other day I turned on to public television and saw some of that James Taylor and Carole King concert,I don't remember the name of it,but BOY,after about 20 minutes or so I almost fell into a coma,the show was so boring,which make me appreciate my favorite artist,Elvis,even more.Another reason Elvis is greatest entertainer is because he understood that there was a difference between making records in a studio and presenting songs in a visual setting,Elvis was a master showman,and correctly treated the 2 separately,something a lot of artists of the 60's onward don't quite understand,or care,to do,peace out.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11543 Jun 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
Well,that's good to hear,Octo,because the last time I was at Graceland was a while back,in 1995,and I saw many of the same things you did and I loved it,and the beauty of the experience is that it WASN'T fancy,but it was still fun,I went on a bus tour and saw Graceland,The Peabody Hotel[where Elvis went to his senior prom],Mud Island,Sun Records Studio,had some dinner at a place called The King's Inn,and saw an exhibit of ancient Chinese artifacts at Cook's Convention Center downtown,and went on a paddleboat on the Missisippi River on a beautiful[and hot]night,lots of fun,I'd like to go back and will one of these days,peace out.
Memphis is still an experience if you know exactly where to go but you have to plan ahead to make the best of your vacation. As you know, last May my wife and I just went on a lark so I could meet Lisa Marie at Sun records. I've been there before so there was no wasted time and we stayed close to Graceland. It was only three days but my wife had never been to Memphis. I picked up some new FTD's and my wife got some memorabilia gifts for family and a few friends. Wish we could've stayed longer. The people in Whitehaven are really warm and friendly. My wife loved it. Las Vegas is a better vacation though. We want to go to Vegas again. I was at the 30th in Memphis, August 2007 on Elvis week. It was incredible standing in the road with thousands of fans with white candles for Elvis. I'll never forget that. I've never quite seen anything like it in my life. Elvis was truly a special artist.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#11546 Jun 11, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to Memphis several times over the years because of Elvis but be aware that Memphis is not fancy. You should plan ahead and visit other sights besides touring Graceland to get the most of your trip there. I saw Elvis's birthplace, Beale Street, his first house before buying Graceland, and went out to restaurants that were recommended by people who know the area. You'll like it in Graceland because it was a man's home. Elvis had it the way he liked it but some women might find it tacky. I love it because it expresses how Elvis was back in the seventies. You get the feeling that a good person once lived there. It's a beautiful place to me.
What else is there to do in the area you could recommend? I'd be interested in knowing.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11552 Jun 12, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
What else is there to do in the area you could recommend? I'd be interested in knowing.
Of course there is Beale St, which is like a smaller version of the blues in New Orleans and The Peabody Hotel. I would go on the internet first and research it before going to Memphis. Otherwise, you would most likely be disappointed with just Graceland and the Elvis experience. There is many historical places you could visit but you'd have to plan your vacation around it to make the best of your trip. Memphis is kind of a run down southern city with bad areas you would want to avoid. You could contact a tour guide to take you to all the Elvis sights like I did one time. I did not even have to drive. I would stay close to Graceland as possible though because it is close to the Memphis airport. Avoid taking taxis because they will drive you the longest way to get to your destination. It is not fancy, Len but if you know where to go, it can be a worthwhile trip.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#11555 Jun 13, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is Beale St, which is like a smaller version of the blues in New Orleans and The Peabody Hotel. I would go on the internet first and research it before going to Memphis. Otherwise, you would most likely be disappointed with just Graceland and the Elvis experience. There is many historical places you could visit but you'd have to plan your vacation around it to make the best of your trip. Memphis is kind of a run down southern city with bad areas you would want to avoid. You could contact a tour guide to take you to all the Elvis sights like I did one time. I did not even have to drive. I would stay close to Graceland as possible though because it is close to the Memphis airport. Avoid taking taxis because they will drive you the longest way to get to your destination. It is not fancy, Len but if you know where to go, it can be a worthwhile trip.
Thanks for the advice, Octo. I'll do the research. I've always wanted to visit, so I'll turn it into something fun, with the family.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11558 Jun 13, 2013
And for the REAL King E:

I got my latest order in yesterday and listened to FTD's "Stay Away, Joe"

A few previous released outtakes but overall, a very entertaining CD. Still no full take of "Wings Of An Angel" however, Elvis was funny during recording the takes and between the songs. "US Male" made me laugh. Very enjoyable FTD release.

The boot, "Stronger Than Pride" is just an okay audience recording with some superior sounding soundboard songs as bonuses of strange mixes of the band faded into the background and strings added. It says Jan 26th 1972. Elvis apparently recorded more than "It's Impossible" for RCA. The bonus tracks are very good.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#11559 Jun 13, 2013
Octopus wrote:
And for the REAL King E:
I got my latest order in yesterday and listened to FTD's "Stay Away, Joe"
A few previous released outtakes but overall, a very entertaining CD. Still no full take of "Wings Of An Angel" however, Elvis was funny during recording the takes and between the songs. "US Male" made me laugh. Very enjoyable FTD release.
The boot, "Stronger Than Pride" is just an okay audience recording with some superior sounding soundboard songs as bonuses of strange mixes of the band faded into the background and strings added. It says Jan 26th 1972. Elvis apparently recorded more than "It's Impossible" for RCA. The bonus tracks are very good.
Glad you liked Stay Away, Joe.

Yes, no surprise they left off the first half of the incredibly racist Wings Of An Angel (Man In The Moon).

I've no desire for Stronger Than Pride.

And don't concern yourself with posts from the troll, they are, of course, deleted every time by Topix.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11560 Jun 13, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you liked Stay Away, Joe.
Yes, no surprise they left off the first half of the incredibly racist Wings Of An Angel (Man In The Moon).
I've no desire for Stronger Than Pride.
And don't concern yourself with posts from the troll, they are, of course, deleted every time by Topix.
When I first heard "Wings Of An Angel" I had no clue that it was dirty because I never heard anyone in my generation use those offensive terms before. It had to be explained to me. I laughed at the line, "big hairy coon" which could have meant an animal. Anyway, it is a great song and I wish Elvis had done a straight version of it with decent lyrics. Through "Stronger Than Pride" only happens to be a standard 1972 set, I was hoping for a great sounding audience but the bonus tracks more than make up for it because the versions are radically different. The "Strictly Country" vol 2 was pretty good also. The remix blues CD was interesting but added nothing to the already fine original songs. On the end of "Stay Away, Joe" I couldn't make out The Rolling Stones song. What is the name of it? Elvis did do a line of "You Belong To My Heart" and Felton Jarvis is heard saying, "All You Need Is Rain" instead of love.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11561 Jun 13, 2013
*though...

(sorry for the error, need my coffee)
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#11562 Jun 13, 2013
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first heard "Wings Of An Angel" I had no clue that it was dirty because I never heard anyone in my generation use those offensive terms before. It had to be explained to me. I laughed at the line, "big hairy coon" which could have meant an animal. Anyway, it is a great song and I wish Elvis had done a straight version of it with decent lyrics. Through "Stronger Than Pride" only happens to be a standard 1972 set, I was hoping for a great sounding audience but the bonus tracks more than make up for it because the versions are radically different. The "Strictly Country" vol 2 was pretty good also. The remix blues CD was interesting but added nothing to the already fine original songs. On the end of "Stay Away, Joe" I couldn't make out The Rolling Stones song. What is the name of it? Elvis did do a line of "You Belong To My Heart" and Felton Jarvis is heard saying, "All You Need Is Rain" instead of love.
That all sounds like some rare Elvis stuff. I've never heard any of the songs mentioned. It's cool to get away from mainstream stuff just to see what other stuff an artist like Elvis could do. I like Steam Roller Blues by Elvis.I'd like to hear Elvis sing Time is on my side by the Rolling Stones. I think he could of done a cool version of that song.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11563 Jun 13, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>That all sounds like some rare Elvis stuff. I've never heard any of the songs mentioned. It's cool to get away from mainstream stuff just to see what other stuff an artist like Elvis could do. I like Steam Roller Blues by Elvis.I'd like to hear Elvis sing Time is on my side by the Rolling Stones. I think he could of done a cool version of that song.
"Stay Away, Joe" never had a soundtrack but some of the studio outtakes have been released before on various imports. I've heard the complete "Wings Of An Angel" (also called "the prisoner song) years ago. It sounds almost like a gospel recording, only it is dirty. I guess Elvis was joking around. He could be very funny and had a great sense of humor. Sometimes hearing him devolop certain songs, gives them a different twist unheard on the masters. I like the different versions with added words and completely alternate solos. Pretty cool. Elvis did "Steamroller Blues" a lot in live performance but never recorded it in the studio. "Stronger Than Pride" is from Elvis's early winter engagement in 1972 and that period has not been covered as much because a decent audience recording has never shown up. "Stronger Than Pride" has a few glitches in the source tape in the beginning but clears up as the show goes on. Not the best, but not the worst. The bonus tracks do make it worth having. I wouldn't have minded hearing Elvis do some standard unreleased blues or Bob Dylan songs. That would be cool. Imagine Elvis trying out The Doors?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beatles statues are tons of fun except for one ... Oct 11 Paul McFartney 3
new george martin interview he apologizes to p... (Feb '08) Sep '17 macca 20
Samples Aug '17 djhope 1
News Radio Faces Big Test In Pennsylvania That Will ... Aug '17 Hair Nation 2
Earliest/Rarest!! This is a DIFFICULT questio... Aug '17 merseymale 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 3
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
More from around the web