150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11434 May 28, 2013
BTW, Elvis was never in England in 1966 or any other year for that matter. But he was in Hawaii filming "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" where he met with Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits and was taped doing an interview in which Noone asked him some pretty stupid questions on hair and British Invasion groups. Not much of an interview but I have it on one of my Elvis boots. Elvis seemed to be joking around with the Memphis Mafia and Col Parker was even there in the background. Elvis said, "Like your group, The Rolling Stones" and Noone seemed embarrassed by it. Very strange since The Rolling Stones were way superior to Herman's Hermits.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#11436 May 28, 2013
Octopus wrote:
BTW, Elvis was never in England in 1966 or any other year for that matter. But he was in Hawaii filming "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" where he met with Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits and was taped doing an interview in which Noone asked him some pretty stupid questions on hair and British Invasion groups. Not much of an interview but I have it on one of my Elvis boots. Elvis seemed to be joking around with the Memphis Mafia and Col Parker was even there in the background. Elvis said, "Like your group, The Rolling Stones" and Noone seemed embarrassed by it. Very strange since The Rolling Stones were way superior to Herman's Hermits.
Yeah even though the Herman Hermits were popular with the teen girls they were never in the same league as the Stones or the Who.Even Dave Clark five had better music than Herman Hermits.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#11438 May 28, 2013
Peter Noone still appears on channel 9 Public Access TV and still sings those same doofy songs like Henry the 8th amd Miss's Brown you've got a lovely daughter.
xxxxx

Deal, UK

#11439 May 29, 2013
Octopus wrote:
That is not nice it's a bit harsh saying BTW,

I have always told the truth, you just don't believe me and I am not asking you too, you believe what you think.

I have just looked at that interview with Peter Noone and Elvis Presley, at one stage in the interview Peter ask's when is Elvis going to come to England and Elvis said in about a years time, the interview was in 1965. Peter comes from Manchester and he talks a bit like my son, he has the same accent.

I always see you Octo as wearing large round gold glass's and a base ball cap with a shirt sat in a big old armchair.

All the best xxxxx
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#11443 May 29, 2013
Octopus wrote:
BTW, Elvis was never in England in 1966 or any other year for that matter.
Indeed.

So did you get the "Stay Away, Joe" FTD?

It's great! Best FTD in years. Lots of studio banter between Elvis and Jerry Reed, which was a hoot. That prompted me to download a Reed CD for my iPod.

Such a fun album. Elvis even does half a line of a Rolling Stones song at the very end (well, a Valentino's track, which is probably where Elvis heard it, but still ...!)

Anyway, let me know what you think.

(The real) KE (as opposed to the idiot troll whose comments keep getting deleted!)
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11445 May 29, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not nice it's a bit harsh saying BTW,
I have always told the truth, you just don't believe me and I am not asking you too, you believe what you think.
I have just looked at that interview with Peter Noone and Elvis Presley, at one stage in the interview Peter ask's when is Elvis going to come to England and Elvis said in about a years time, the interview was in 1965. Peter comes from Manchester and he talks a bit like my son, he has the same accent.
I always see you Octo as wearing large round gold glass's and a base ball cap with a shirt sat in a big old armchair.
All the best xxxxx
Elvis was very busy in the mid 1960's making films and cutting their soundtracks out in Hollywood. There is no documentation of Elvis ever setting foot in England. However, Elvis did record a brief message for his British fans claiming that he'd love to see them soon. Of course, that never happened. There would have been media covering Elvis's trip to England, just like they were covering him when he arrived in Hawaii. I don't know who you saw but it wasn't Elvis Presley. Why would it be a secret, especially if Elvis only went certain places to work? "Double Trouble" had a British theme but was filmed entirely in a Hollywood movie studio.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11446 May 29, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
So did you get the "Stay Away, Joe" FTD?
It's great! Best FTD in years. Lots of studio banter between Elvis and Jerry Reed, which was a hoot. That prompted me to download a Reed CD for my iPod.
Such a fun album. Elvis even does half a line of a Rolling Stones song at the very end (well, a Valentino's track, which is probably where Elvis heard it, but still ...!)
Anyway, let me know what you think.
(The real) KE (as opposed to the idiot troll whose comments keep getting deleted!)
I'm waiting on a couple new things coming up next and "Stay Away, Joe" is one of them. Elvis does a half a line of a Stones track? Cool. I'm certainly looking forward to that FTD release.
King Elvis

Ambarvale, Australia

#11447 May 29, 2013
Anger Management wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my what do we have here the Kangaroo Buckaroo Magoo who is angry claiming to be something that he or she isn't. King Elvis my azz you are Queen of Drama and a troll that harshes my buzz... Topix should ban your stupid idiot postings along with your girlfriend Carol/Radio Waves or your boyfriend Phil Lean, Who keeps calling you and telling you WELL DONE CAROL.I told your ignorant Azz before this thread is on The Beatle forum and the Elvis forum and also on your idol Michael Jackson forum so Aussie Jerk harshing my Buzz just Becauzz He'd rather CUZZ c.nt FCK nasty geek you will never be King Elvis but you do qualify for King AZZWIPE of the decade.Go away and leave us Beatle fans alone Lame Aussie bloke who cusses like a sailer and has anger that will lead to a stroke. Hopefully soon King Buckaroo Magoo.
"Elmer", surely you can tell the difference between me and this fake troll idiot by now?

I don't attack people for no reason, only when attacked myself.

As you can see -(yes, AGAIN, PHILLIP!!)- Topix has deleted his crap.

The poorly-written post you responded to above was not mine, obviously. I have no quarrel with you, so chill.
Anger Management

Bothell, WA

#11448 May 29, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
"Elmer", surely you can tell the difference between me and this fake troll idiot by now?
I don't attack people for no reason, only when attacked myself.
As you can see -(yes, AGAIN, PHILLIP!!)- Topix has deleted his crap.
The poorly-written post you responded to above was not mine, obviously. I have no quarrel with you, so chill.
Yes I see the nasty troll has been deleted but for me it's hard to tell which one of King Elvis is which because the troll uses your King Elvis name and you both have ISP's that seem to change.I know that you are an ok guy but we both know Phillip lean/Radio waves is a jerk. If I made a mistake forgive me because I was hoping to address the troll not you. Yours says Sydney or is it his? I have no quarrel with you either .
King Elvis

Ambarvale, Australia

#11449 May 29, 2013
Anger Management wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I see the nasty troll has been deleted but for me it's hard to tell which one of King Elvis is which because the troll uses your King Elvis name and you both have ISP's that seem to change.I know that you are an ok guy but we both know Phillip lean/Radio waves is a jerk. If I made a mistake forgive me because I was hoping to address the troll not you. Yours says Sydney or is it his? I have no quarrel with you either .
ISP changes depending on Topix' mood. Now mine is saying Rydalmere, a Sydney suburb I've never even been to.

Just ignore the troll's quotes, they always get deleted, no matter which name it chooses; Topix is on the ball.

My ways of swearing and tearing someone to shreds are far more erudite, witty and better-written than anything that idiot can come up with.

Anyway, it's days are numbered.

Trust me on that.

(And this will be my last post for at least 18 hours, no exceptions).

As I said, it only dawned on me last weekend, and I was being serious: this troll is literally insane.
King Elvis

Ambarvale, Australia

#11451 May 29, 2013
Anger Management wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I see the nasty troll has been deleted but for me it's hard to tell which one of King Elvis is which because the troll uses your King Elvis name and you both have ISP's that seem to change.I know that you are an ok guy but we both know Phillip lean/Radio waves is a jerk. If I made a mistake forgive me because I was hoping to address the troll not you. Yours says Sydney or is it his? I have no quarrel with you either .
ISP changes depending on Topix' mood. Now mine is saying Rydalmere, a Sydney suburb I've never even been to.

Just ignore the troll's quotes, they always get deleted, no matter which name it chooses; Topix is on the ball.

My ways of swearing and tearing someone to shreds are far more erudite, witty and better-written than anything that idiot can come up with.

Anyway, it's days are numbered.

Trust me on that.

(And this will be my last post for at least 18 hours, no exceptions).
Test

Ambarvale, Australia

#11452 May 29, 2013
Testing post only ...
xxxxx

Deal, UK

#11454 May 30, 2013
Test wrote:
Testing post only ...
which one are you?

KING ELVIS OR king elvis or both or are you playing games with peoples minds.

What is the game on your part, so they all fall in line with you.

are they all going to run around you on the 18th hour.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11455 May 30, 2013
King E,

I was thinking of getting the following Elvis titles to add to my collection and as I've read, the new import, "Stronger Than Pride" Las Vegas 2-23-72 DS is a really good audience reording.

The current order I have lined up are:

1. "Stronger Than Pride"
2. "It Don't Have To Be Strictly Country" vol 2
3. "Stay Away, Joe" FTD release
4. "Rhythm And Blues" (21 remixes of Elvis blues)

I wanted more live audience recordings but I want to be sure that the sound is acceptable before I buy more. This should tie me over for a while and none of them are reissues of things I already have.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11456 May 30, 2013
There are a couple audience recordings from the August 1969 Las Vegas engagement on the 14th and 16th that I do not have in my collection. They are complete concerts but I do not know how good the sound quality of these recordings are and want to avoid getting bad audiences since 1969 was early into Elvis's return to live performing. The two disc set, "Hot Love In A Long Cold Winter" has Elvis on tour in Feb 1977. St Petersburg, Fl 2-14-77 and Columbia, SC 2-18-77.

The Columbia, SC show was a great one but I already have both shows. I would want them only if there is a drastic sound improvement on the source tapes.
King Beavis

Renton, WA

#11457 May 30, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
which one are you?
KING ELVIS OR king elvis or both or are you playing games with peoples minds.
What is the game on your part, so they all fall in line with you.
are they all going to run around you on the 18th hour.
Yep with two on here both from Australia and both having changing ISP's it's hard to tell except one who is also Radio waves is a jackass and a internet idiot troll the other just a fan of the Real king Elvis Presley.
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#11461 May 31, 2013
Octopus wrote:
There are a couple audience recordings from the August 1969 Las Vegas engagement on the 14th and 16th that I do not have in my collection. They are complete concerts but I do not know how good the sound quality of these recordings are and want to avoid getting bad audiences since 1969 was early into Elvis's return to live performing. The two disc set, "Hot Love In A Long Cold Winter" has Elvis on tour in Feb 1977. St Petersburg, Fl 2-14-77 and Columbia, SC 2-18-77.
The Columbia, SC show was a great one but I already have both shows. I would want them only if there is a drastic sound improvement on the source tapes.
Hey Octo!

Have you seen the interview w/ Conan on Elvis? It's interesting watching Conan get excited about Elvis.
Peter Guralnick Interviewed by Conan O'Brien.

The buzz is the talk about the same concert promoter Elvis and MJ. used for their last scheduled concert. The drug problems they both had. I feel as a real Elvis fan, one must man up and conceive the facts about his' drug problems, but I know he had many health issues, boredom, wanted to travel, no real challenges,the Colonels crap,gossip papers,etc. I'm not trying to find excuses for him, but he did have, but he did have more stress then most entertainers did. he was Elvis!!
They say it's hard to save one from themselves, but he had lots of people around him to help or hinder him. I guess sadly, it was the latter.
What's your thoughts on these issues?
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11462 May 31, 2013
Dennis Hauser wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Octo!
Have you seen the interview w/ Conan on Elvis? It's interesting watching Conan get excited about Elvis.
Peter Guralnick Interviewed by Conan O'Brien.
The buzz is the talk about the same concert promoter Elvis and MJ. used for their last scheduled concert. The drug problems they both had. I feel as a real Elvis fan, one must man up and conceive the facts about his' drug problems, but I know he had many health issues, boredom, wanted to travel, no real challenges,the Colonels crap,gossip papers,etc. I'm not trying to find excuses for him, but he did have, but he did have more stress then most entertainers did. he was Elvis!!
They say it's hard to save one from themselves, but he had lots of people around him to help or hinder him. I guess sadly, it was the latter.
What's your thoughts on these issues?
I don't watch Conan late night.

My feeling is that Elvis was an entertainer and worked to please his fans. His drug addiction was unfortunate but it did not make Elvis a bad person. He'll always be my favorite rock legend.
Octopus

Astoria, NY

#11463 May 31, 2013
I was at my sister's house recently and they play the music channels through their cable television. They put on the blues channel and the original version of "High Heel Sneakers" by Tommy Tucker began to play. I was singing a long to it. My sister was amazed that I knew the song. I said that's because Elvis covered it. I'd figure she'd remember me playing it when we were kids but I guess not. I used to buy Elvis albums whenever I had the chance. Of course, I first heard "HHS" on the gray box set as the edited b side single to Elvis's early 1968 release, "Guitar Man" I like hearing the original versions, just to check them out.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11465 Jun 2, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore the troll posing as me.
I am the REAL KING ELVIS !!
The c.nt poseur on this thread is just that - a loser, a f.ckwit and a liar.
As for Phillip Lean, he was never anywhere near me in any way, shape or form and anything to the contrary is the work of that dipwand mother fu..ker who is posing and posting under my name..
I am the real King Elvis and anyone else posting here is a fraud.
"Dipwand"?

Fail again, Phillip.

And we'll laugh as Topix again deletes this latest pathetic effort of yours.

FCK you, troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hear Joe and Jill Biden's Thoughtful Summer 201... Aug 16 K-DJ 1
my beatles friends (Nov '07) Aug 16 Greg 96
News Keith Richards criticises The Beatles as a live... Aug 12 Greg 2
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Aug 8 TrippyHippie 289
News Why "Revolver" still matters: The 50th annivers... Aug 8 Greg 1
Poll The Beatles VS. Elton John Aug 1 Greg 2
Dr BLT's Song Sequel to LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DI... Jul '16 Bruce 1
More from around the web