150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

octo

Astoria, NY

#11358 May 17, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, did you even READ this article?
If you seriously think it's a 'scathing indictment' of Elvis, then you're really much, MUCH more stupid than I'd thought previously.
Exactly where was Pasetta nasty about Elvis? Nuh-uh Dick, the remark "it was the drugs" doesn't count, because it's accurate. Nope, neither does the "lump" comment about the Long Beach show in'72, one of the laziest, crappiest shows Elvis ever gave - ranks right up there with '76 and '77.
And, so one article that has something you take the wrong way, further 'underscores the media's hatred of the king'?
Oh, give me a BREAK!
Really? I have the two 1972 Long Beach shows from both nights on November 14th and 15th and I didn't think that they were bad concerts at all. The first night was better but "Return To Long Beach" wasn't that bad. It may not have been his best ever but it was fairly decent. I did catch a brief conversation at the end of the CD that the fans talking that Elvis was a lot worse when the dude saw him in Vegas or something to that effect. But really, Elvis did so many concerts one after another that not all of them could be inspired. In my opinion, Elvis did well overall up until 1973. That is when the boredom started to really set in. But we must remember, Elvis did every show live as it happened. It was never meant to be heard on bootleg decades later and criticized.
octo

Astoria, NY

#11359 May 17, 2013
RICK wrote:
Hey,Queenie,why don't you go skydiving minus a parachute and land on top of a kangaroo and hump it,your favorite pasttime,the column is VERY negative towards Elvis,and when rags like USA TODAY disrespect a great artist like Elvis,they also DISRESPECT HIS FANS AS WELL,LIKE OCTO AND ME AND MILLIONS OF OTHERS WITH THAT TYPE OF CHEAP TABLOID JOURNALISM,BUT THEN AGAIN,USA TODAY IS TO JOURNALISM WHAT TINY TIM IS TO THE ART OF SINGING,IN OTHER WORDS,AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,PEACE OUT.
BTW, Rick...I came across an old 1983 Rolling Stone Record Guide written by a guy named Dave March. He give Elvis high ratings of five stars on sixteen of his RCA albums but was very crude and actually mean to artists like The Grateful Dead. So I guess journalism and critics all have different opinions. It was obvious that Dave March loved Elvis and he worked for Rolling Stone.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#11360 May 17, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I have the two 1972 Long Beach shows from both nights on November 14th and 15th and I didn't think that they were bad concerts at all. The first night was better but "Return To Long Beach" wasn't that bad. It may not have been his best ever but it was fairly decent. I did catch a brief conversation at the end of the CD that the fans talking that Elvis was a lot worse when the dude saw him in Vegas or something to that effect. But really, Elvis did so many concerts one after another that not all of them could be inspired. In my opinion, Elvis did well overall up until 1973. That is when the boredom started to really set in. But we must remember, Elvis did every show live as it happened. It was never meant to be heard on bootleg decades later and criticized.
1873 waw when Priscilla left him, and you could see the difference in his work right away, and his appearance shortly after.

As far as the bootlegs go, every artist had the protection of editing. That is, the bad parts and boring parts are edited out. Elvis now does not have that advantage. It's really unfair.
octo

Astoria, NY

#11361 May 17, 2013
DENNIS HAUSER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you enjoyed that clip!! I havn't seen the laughing witch head one, I'll try to find it. Thanks!
I do not have Atlanta, Ga 12-30-76 on a proper bootleg that has ever shown up as a complete performance but maybe someday it will show up. The Wichita Kansas show on the first night of that fantastic tour hasn't shown up either as acceptable sounding audience recordings. But I've heard that Elvis did a completely different "Unchained Melody" that night. There is an incredible ammount of Elvis footage on You Tube that I've never seen before. The laughing witch head was in Atlanta.
benny Bucholz

Seattle, WA

#11362 May 17, 2013
freddo wrote:
<quoted text>
can you get it up, king elvis?
Get that up then get that down to uptown before you get downtown.Get it?
octo

Astoria, NY

#11363 May 17, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>1873 waw when Priscilla left him, and you could see the difference in his work right away, and his appearance shortly after.
As far as the bootlegs go, every artist had the protection of editing. That is, the bad parts and boring parts are edited out. Elvis now does not have that advantage. It's really unfair.
Any artist or band can have an off night. I have a really dreadful performance from Led Zeppelin in Dallas in 1975. Elvis was human. He did great concerts and some bad ones in between. It's like when we go to work everyday. Sometimes we have a bad day and our work performance is not up to par. It is not about editing because they are bootlegs. It is unfair that some focus on just the bad live performances on Elvis, while not getting the full picture. Elvis did many fine concerts in every year in the seventies but I could tell that 1973 was a turning point. But that didn't mean every single concert was downhill from there. Elvis did a lot of live engagements and road tours. I'm sure on some nights, he just did not want to be on stage or just wasn't into it. Elvis never had proper time to recoup from one concert from the next...
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11365 May 18, 2013
Right on,Octo,about Dave Marsh,he is one hell of a writer and one of the very few cool people who loves Elvis,and fully gets the Elvis phenomenon,and he did write for ROLLING STONE,he should have been utilized a lot more by the magazine than he was.He wrote the liner notes on several important Elvis releases,such as `WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES;THE ESSENTIAL 70'S MASTERS'and has written a couple of books on The King as well,a brilliant guy.AND I'D JUST LIKE,ONE MORE TIME,TO TELL THE EXECS WHO RUN NBC TO SELL THE NETWORK'S RIGHT TO `LOVING YOU'BACK TO PARAMOUNT,OR ALLOW PARAMOUNT TO GIVE THIS GREAT EARLY ELVIS MOVIE THE WIDE RELEASE IT TRULY DESERVES,ON DVD AND BLU-RAY,oh,and did you know,Octo,that Elvis's co star in the movie,Lizabeth Scott,IS STILL ALIVE,it's true,peace out.
octo

Astoria, NY

#11367 May 19, 2013
RICK wrote:
Right on,Octo,about Dave Marsh,he is one hell of a writer and one of the very few cool people who loves Elvis,and fully gets the Elvis phenomenon,and he did write for ROLLING STONE,he should have been utilized a lot more by the magazine than he was.He wrote the liner notes on several important Elvis releases,such as `WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES;THE ESSENTIAL 70'S MASTERS'and has written a couple of books on The King as well,a brilliant guy.AND I'D JUST LIKE,ONE MORE TIME,TO TELL THE EXECS WHO RUN NBC TO SELL THE NETWORK'S RIGHT TO `LOVING YOU'BACK TO PARAMOUNT,OR ALLOW PARAMOUNT TO GIVE THIS GREAT EARLY ELVIS MOVIE THE WIDE RELEASE IT TRULY DESERVES,ON DVD AND BLU-RAY,oh,and did you know,Octo,that Elvis's co star in the movie,Lizabeth Scott,IS STILL ALIVE,it's true,peace out.
I don't know if Dave Marsh still writes for Rolling Stone but he certainly has high praise for Elvis and has written many excellent pieces on the man dispite Rolling Stone being a sixties culture magazine. Perhaps, some other critics there disgree with Dave Marsh's put down of The Grateful Dead and other sixties cultural giants? But Dave Marsh is still a music critic and at least, he gave Elvis some high ratings for the best of his work. I mostly agree with him but some Elvis albums would rate higher than what Dave Marsh even gave them. I'm sure that one day, Elvis's second film, "Loving You" shall be available at some point. The actress, Lizabeth Scott played Elvis's female manager in "Loving You" and has to be now in her eighties. Mary Tyler Moore co stared with Elvis in "Change Of Habit" and she is still around. She is aging though. She was originally panned for her performance as a nun in "Change Of Habit" but actually the whole film works rather well as one of Elvis's better acting roles.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11368 May 20, 2013
Lizabeth Scott was born in September,1922,which makes her more then 90 years old,she had a prominent film career,particularly in the 1940's,appearing in such films as `Dead Reckoning',in 1947,opposite the great Humphrey Bogart,and was constantly being compared to Bogart's wife,Lauren Bacall,and her appearance with Elvis in `Loving You'in 1957 was one of her final film appearances,but after she retired she sort of fell off the earth,so to speak,kind of stange,peace out.
octo

Astoria, NY

#11370 May 20, 2013
RICK wrote:
Lizabeth Scott was born in September,1922,which makes her more then 90 years old,she had a prominent film career,particularly in the 1940's,appearing in such films as `Dead Reckoning',in 1947,opposite the great Humphrey Bogart,and was constantly being compared to Bogart's wife,Lauren Bacall,and her appearance with Elvis in `Loving You'in 1957 was one of her final film appearances,but after she retired she sort of fell off the earth,so to speak,kind of stange,peace out.
Overall, I think Elvis did the best he could with the films he was given to work with. Today, some tend to criticize Elvis as a Hollywood actor but there were many films that did show that Elvis had great acting ability. He made 31 films, not counting "That's The Way It Is" and "Elvis On Tour" The worst ones are obvious starting with "Kissin' Cousins" in 1964. Then you have the embarrassing "Girl Happy" "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Clambake" but despite a couple really bad movies, Elvis didn't really do that badly. Elvis started his film career thinking that with acting experience, he would get better film roles. He was very disappointed by what he was given. Even so, Elvis made "King Creole" "Flaming Star" "Wild In The Country" and the obvious ones that still had something to recommend them. I wouldn't know why Lizabeth Scott retired from making movies but "Loving You" was a decent mid fifties Elvis effort and the first one filmed in color. It is just a matter of weeding out the truly bad Elvis movies or watching them with an understanding of what Elvis was stereotyped into. In reality though, no one else has ever made "The Elvis Movie" since. I think Elvis wanted a proper action role and wanted very much to play a bad guy. It is sad that he wasn't given the chance before he passed. Parker obviously didn't do his job, because Elvis had offers and very much wanted to take them. The concert thing needed to be broken up. Elvis needed another outlet for his talents to help with the growing boredom he was having by the mid seventies.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#11371 May 20, 2013
Yep I think I did ok with what I Had to work with while I was making films. My first film Riding the Boxcar to Idaho wasn't a huge success but it was a low budget film shot on location. My next film was in color and had a better budget called Boozin and Boxcars and bums. I forgot how many films I've made over the years because I've gotten old and the years of drinking has caused my memory to not be as good as it once was.It seem I was stereo typed in most of those films and once BoxCar Willie even made a Cameo appearence in one of my films.The growing boredom and restlessness has took it's toll so now I just drink and sing on the porch while I strum my old guitar.
King Elvis

Ambarvale, Australia

#11372 May 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
Dipward fu..k.ng troll, I told you Topix would dump all your shit..
C ..n . t , troll loser
I'm King Elvis..what I say goes.!!!
Loser..
Where's Lean now..
and all the rest of the troll.....?
Loser..
First mistake, arsewipe - posting at 3 in the morning, something I never do.

Second mistake, arsewipe - spelling mistakes.

Third mistake, arsewipe - a poorly-written post.

Actually, your first mistake was messing with me.

You were right about one thing, though, little Philip: Topix did delete all your shit - again - and it kills you. Every time.

Justin Harrison, Looker, "King Elvis", helen in that other thread ... no matter what name you choose, no matter what you write, Topix deletes it. Every time. And it kills you.

Your latest comment - using my screen name again (classic, obsessed, homosexual troll behaviour) will also be deleted.

What part of 'All your comments here get deleted' does your tiny, troll brain not understand?

Well done, Carol.

You pathetic, little, insignificant, insect troll.

I'm in your head.

I own you, troll.
Radio Waves

Belconnen, Australia

#11373 May 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
First mistake, arsewipe - posting at 3 in the morning, something I never do.
Second mistake, arsewipe - spelling mistakes.
Third mistake, arsewipe - a poorly-written post.
Actually, your first mistake was messing with me.
You were right about one thing, though, little Philip: Topix did delete all your shit - again - and it kills you. Every time.
Justin Harrison, Looker, "King Elvis", helen in that other thread ... no matter what name you choose, no matter what you write, Topix deletes it. Every time. And it kills you.
Your latest comment - using my screen name again (classic, obsessed, homosexual troll behaviour) will also be deleted.
What part of 'All your comments here get deleted' does your tiny, troll brain not understand?
Well done, Carol.
You pathetic, little, insignificant, insect troll.
I'm in your head.
I own you, troll.
Well done, Carol.
BIFF Conrad

Renton, WA

#11374 May 20, 2013
Radio Waves wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done, Carol.
Poorly done, Carol.You are fired!
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#11376 May 21, 2013
Analysist wrote:
<quoted text>
You goose, you dopey goose -- don't you realize there are than several posters on your hammer and they only put stuff on here to get you going, just for the fun of reading your outbursts?
You can't even spell 'Analyst', Philip.

That's because you're a moron troll.

And your latest effort will be gone by morning.

Silly little insignificant troll.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#11378 May 21, 2013
Radio Waves wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done, Carol.
What's it like to have wasted four years of your lonely, pathetic little life on this, Philip?

What's it like having me know exactly who you are and where you live, and you not knowing fact one about me?

What's it like seeing every one of your useless comments disappear?

What's it like having everyone on here laugh at you as you choose yet another screen name and thuink that no one thinks it's you every time?

I'm in your HEAD, you little b-tch troll - I am your obsession. I'm the last thing you think of when you go to bed, and the first thing you think of when you wake up.

"Ooh," you think. "I'll post on Topix again. Maybe this time they won't delete me. They're sure to give up eventually. Posting here makes me feel like a big man, and makes up for my having a small dick which my ugly wife won't suck. How come they let King Elvis stay here ... they even delete me when I try to use his name. How do they do it? My life has no meaning. I am a pathetic troll."

You pathetic, gutless, spineless, hateful little troll.

Keep posting arsewipe, and watch your shit disappear again.

Pathetic TROLL piece of SHIT!
Doug Belcher

Bothell, WA

#11379 May 21, 2013
I think I need to go see my analyist to have a cyst removed my my anal. Therapy to relieve buttaches and live a pain free life uh huh.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#11382 May 22, 2013
Surfer wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the waves of the ocean, Radio Waves just keeps rolling in!!
And like the sewage it is, Topix keep rolling his comments straight out again.

Well done, Philip.

WHY do you keep posting here when all your comments get deleted?

You're just a filthy troll.
octo

Astoria, NY

#11386 May 23, 2013
Buddy Dufur wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody turn that lame radio off it just keeps repeating Well done Carol over and over unplug that radio or better yet smash it.No more radio waves
Elmer Jackson/Buddy Dufur: Boxcar Radio Boogie

1. Mah Woman Is On Fire
2. Hypocrite Blues
3. One Too Many Bottles Of Whiskey
4. Boot Kickin' Woman
5. Roll Over Carol
6. Alcoholic Blood
7. Wild Eyed And Crazy
8. On The Road, Gettin' Old
9. Vulgar And Stubborn As A Mule
10. Boxcar Radio Boogie
11. Gettin' Out Of Dodge
12. Rollin' Man
13. Opportunity Knocks Twice
14. Green Eyed Mable
15. Sure Thing Hotel
16. Long Gone Lonesome Train
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#11388 May 23, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
The fu..k..ing dirty shit troll won't give up..
Not enough brains to see its posts disappear into the air..
ROTTEN TROLL SHIT..
Go away and leave Topix alone..
and Elvis Fans as well.
C., n. t dipward..
Nice try, "King Elvis".

You seriously think people will believe such a base and gross posting could possibly be written by me?

"Dipward" ... what?! My GOD, you're just so pathetic.

No matter, of course. This post - along with your latest Radio Waves effort - will again be deleted soon by Topix.

And I can tell by the fact that you're getting angrier and angrier - and escalating your crap - that it just kills you.

WHY does Topix keep deleting your crap? WHY do you keep posting whe you know that happens? THAT'S what makes you a filthy, stinking, irrelevant troll.

Your stuff gets deleted. Mine stays. I win. Fck you.

No one's listening, troll, no one cares.

Well done, Philip!

Now, go and try to fck that ugly wh-re wife of yours, because no one else will!

Pathetic little troll. I OWN YOU!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For your eyes only (Feb '15) Sat Little monster 42
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) May 25 Greg 1,079
News Michael Jackson: Your number one music icon (Aug '10) May 19 Spotted Wee 137
News Rihanna Ties Michael Jackson On The List Of Car... May 18 Burning Love 2
News You can't always get what you want, but maybe a... Apr '16 Amused Octopus 1
News Beatles Albums, Ranked Worst to Best (Jun '15) Apr '16 JJJ 2
News Paul McCartney's concert 'the heaviest show on ... Apr '16 King Prince 4
More from around the web