150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,774

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story
octo

Latham, NY

#11333 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Octo you have to remember that Elvis was before the so called hippie culture. He was more in the greaser culture. If he were still alive he would look far worse than Paul Mccartney or the Stones.I'm sure his hair would grey and he'd be puffy and over weight probably and I doubt he'd still be performing.I don't think anyone is pissed that Elvis didn't get to grow old in fact most are saddened by that fact.Elvis died from too many prescription drugs so if your are going to be pissed off then be pissed off at the doctors and Elvis's overindulgence not the media.It was too bad the King died but many floons feel the same way about MJ the clown.
How would anyone know what Elvis would look like today?

The point is that Elvis never got old but neither did John Lennon.

And if the media is going to talk drugs, how about The Beatles?

John went "Cold Turkey"

It is just a double standard when talking about Elvis.

Because Elvis could've have been gunned down also.

And his drug addiction would've been a non issue.

I was talking to my mom on mother's day...

She said that Paul McCartney looks like shit.

Nothing against Paul but he has aged rapidly within the past year.

The Stones are old but they still look like cool rockers.

That is just an observation.

No one will ever see Elvis as an old man.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#11334 May 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
John went "Cold Turkey"
No one will ever see Elvis as an old man.
True no one will see Elvis or John Lennon as old men because they died too young of course. Paul has aged but he still plays his instruments well and at times still sings pretty damn good. He is looking old but hell he will be 71 in June. I think Ringo has aged better and he is a bit older than Paul. To me the Stones will always be cool because they have attitude.People rank on Paul because he was the cute Beatle and now he is looking old but he is still a class act and loves what he does.I'm sure the loss of Linda and being married to the witch Mills has caused stress to him but at least he isn't phony and getting his face tightened like Kenny Rodgers and Joan Rivers.No one can look young forever not even Dick Clark.
octo

Latham, NY

#11335 May 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>True no one will see Elvis or John Lennon as old men because they died too young of course. Paul has aged but he still plays his instruments well and at times still sings pretty damn good. He is looking old but hell he will be 71 in June. I think Ringo has aged better and he is a bit older than Paul. To me the Stones will always be cool because they have attitude.People rank on Paul because he was the cute Beatle and now he is looking old but he is still a class act and loves what he does.I'm sure the loss of Linda and being married to the witch Mills has caused stress to him but at least he isn't phony and getting his face tightened like Kenny Rodgers and Joan Rivers.No one can look young forever not even Dick Clark.
Of course, Heather Mills caused McCartney a lot of unneeded stress and after the death of Linda. But that was years ago. One good thing about people like Elvis, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix is they never age past what age they were. I really don't know the sixies culture's problem with Elvis but I don't care. Someone told me at work one time that Elvis annoyed him because he died of drugs but never did songs about drugs so he was supposed to be held to a higher standard. That simply didn't make any sense to me. It is so stupid. I accept how Elvis was and bringing up the drug addiction thing for almost 36 years gets quite boring...the man is dead. They'd be complaining if Elvis lived that he'd be too old.
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

#11336 May 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul McCartney's more recent photographs are pretty frightening. The Rolling Stones actually look good on the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine. I thumbed through it waiting for my wife at the market last week. I know 70 years old is getting up there in age. Willie Nelson can get away with getting older because he is like Johnny Cash. Paul McCartney looks like an old, sagging chinned granny to me. He has aged rapidly. I'm not sure why but certainly Mick Jagger doesn't look that bad and he can still sing fairly well. Did Paul age because of the death of Linda and years of pot smoking? He looks like he is 90 years old now.
I think he recently had some plastic surgery and looks better now. I was disappointed that he let himself go the way he did, because he was so cute when he was young! And what is really strange is that when he was young he had brown eyes, now they seem to be blue. I thought that was impossible, but I have been reading that it can happen because of diet.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#11337 May 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, Heather Mills caused McCartney a lot of unneeded stress and after the death of Linda. But that was years ago. One good thing about people like Elvis, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix is they never age past what age they were. I really don't know the sixies culture's problem with Elvis but I don't care. Someone told me at work one time that Elvis annoyed him because he died of drugs but never did songs about drugs so he was supposed to be held to a higher standard. That simply didn't make any sense to me. It is so stupid. I accept how Elvis was and bringing up the drug addiction thing for almost 36 years gets quite boring...the man is dead. They'd be complaining if Elvis lived that he'd be too old.
I like to remember Elvis as a guy that pushed himself too hard to please his fans. John Lennon had got his act together and was happy and he was making a come back after taking 5 years off to be with Sean.I don't think there is much of a problem with 60's culture it's just a select few that have a chip on their shoulders about Elvis perhaps. we both know how loved he was and you would know that even more than me because you and Rick both seem to be huge fans. I never knew there was so many lost perfomances or bootlegs out on Elvis but then again he was around for three decades and like I said pushed himself hard to try to be perfect to please his fans. Both Lennon and Elvis had unique gifts to offer to the world. I just wished Lennon would of done more without Yoko.
Lee

Van Nuys, CA

#11338 May 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
but if Elvis had lived to be old, he would have had periodic nips and tucks. He would not have let himself get wrinkled the way McCartney did. And Keith Richards and Mick Jagger!! Why in the world did't they turn those wrinkles in?? They had the money!!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11341 May 16, 2013
Hey,Queenie,why don't you go skydiving minus a parachute and land on top of a kangaroo and hump it,your favorite pasttime,the column is VERY negative towards Elvis,and when rags like USA TODAY disrespect a great artist like Elvis,they also DISRESPECT HIS FANS AS WELL,LIKE OCTO AND ME AND MILLIONS OF OTHERS WITH THAT TYPE OF CHEAP TABLOID JOURNALISM,BUT THEN AGAIN,USA TODAY IS TO JOURNALISM WHAT TINY TIM IS TO THE ART OF SINGING,IN OTHER WORDS,AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,PEACE OUT.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#11342 May 16, 2013
That Tiny Tim Freak wanted to do a duet with me but I said no I draw the line at Ukelele players who sing Falsetto. I offered him a drink and sent him on his way. USA today refused to print an article about me because They don't know what to say about a singing hobo who has a following of other hobos and bag ladies and can drink like I do. They would disrepect me and my fans with their jive journalism anyway.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#11343 May 16, 2013
John went "Cold Turkey"
Nope. No one really will know how Elvis, Marilyn, James Dean, etc.would really look like, BUT, my feelings are, thousands of years or billions of years from now, maybe the last day this old world will be around, someone will mention the name,ELVIS!
That is his' legacy, his' impact on the world of entertainment. Just try to spend one day, without someone or some influce made by Elvis is said or felt. Maybe Mojo Nixon was right, Elvis is everywhere, even in your cheeseburgers! LOL!
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#11344 May 16, 2013
DENNIS HAUSER wrote:
John went "Cold Turkey"
Nope. No one really will know how Elvis, Marilyn, James Dean, etc.would really look like, BUT, my feelings are, thousands of years or billions of years from now, maybe the last day this old world will be around, someone will mention the name,ELVIS!
That is his' legacy, his' impact on the world of entertainment. Just try to spend one day, without someone or some influce made by Elvis is said or felt. Maybe Mojo Nixon was right, Elvis is everywhere, even in your cheeseburgers! LOL!
I want to try one of the Elvis cheeseburgers so I can have a suspicious mind and start acting like a hounddog all shook up and escpaping from jail house rock and looking for someone to love me tender while standing in the Kentucky rain.
octo

Latham, NY

#11345 May 16, 2013
DENNIS HAUSER wrote:
John went "Cold Turkey"
I wouldn't say billions of years but maybe hundreds? Elvis and The Beatles will never truly die as long as they are in the hearts of their fans that still love them. And as for Elvis's early death at 42 years old, it was tragic. However, Elvis was afraid of getting older and probably did not wish to be seen like that. But he was spiritual in his belief in a higher power. So I don't feel sad for him anymore. I just enjoy the music he left behind and don't care what others might think. Elvis lives within his fans that dig his music. After all, music is meant to inspire and makes life worth living. Elvis makes me happy and I am proud to be an Elvis fan. I can actually say that Elvis would have nothing to be ashamed of. His life was to make music and make his fans happy with his creative talents. His music remains incredible to me to this very day. A pretty great legacy if you ask me.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#11346 May 16, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say billions of years but maybe hundreds? Elvis and The Beatles will never truly die as long as they are in the hearts of their fans that still love them. And as for Elvis's early death at 42 years old, it was tragic. However, Elvis was afraid of getting older and probably did not wish to be seen like that. But he was spiritual in his belief in a higher power. So I don't feel sad for him anymore. I just enjoy the music he left behind and don't care what others might think. Elvis lives within his fans that dig his music. After all, music is meant to inspire and makes life worth living. Elvis makes me happy and I am proud to be an Elvis fan. I can actually say that Elvis would have nothing to be ashamed of. His life was to make music and make his fans happy with his creative talents. His music remains incredible to me to this very day. A pretty great legacy if you ask me.
OCTO, On that note, you just have to you tube this on Elvis.
ELVIS LIVE AND RARE 1974 IN FULL HD 1080PI SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT .
I think you will truely enjoy it! let me know.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#11347 May 16, 2013
Elvis starts off laughing, then singing then at 8:20 the stuffed gorilla is presented.
Elmer Jackson

Everett, WA

#11348 May 16, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I wished my fans were that loyal but as soon as the booze is gone then the bums and hobos are gone. But they do remember my singing and drinking.
octo

Latham, NY

#11349 May 16, 2013
DENNIS HAUSER wrote:
<quoted text>
OCTO, On that note, you just have to you tube this on Elvis.
ELVIS LIVE AND RARE 1974 IN FULL HD 1080PI SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT .
I think you will truely enjoy it! let me know.
Really clear footage. I saw the stuffed gorilla a fan gave him.

Enjoyed it, thanks!

BTW, have you ever seen the laughing witch head a fan had handed Elvis on his short five day tour in 1976? She said "Pull the string, Elvis"

The fans gave him all kinds of things...

He truly loved his fans and that is something no one can take from him. He knew how to be graceful and humble.
octo

Latham, NY

#11350 May 16, 2013
*December, 1976...
octo

Latham, NY

#11351 May 16, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> I like to remember Elvis as a guy that pushed himself too hard to please his fans. John Lennon had got his act together and was happy and he was making a come back after taking 5 years off to be with Sean.I don't think there is much of a problem with 60's culture it's just a select few that have a chip on their shoulders about Elvis perhaps. we both know how loved he was and you would know that even more than me because you and Rick both seem to be huge fans. I never knew there was so many lost perfomances or bootlegs out on Elvis but then again he was around for three decades and like I said pushed himself hard to try to be perfect to please his fans. Both Lennon and Elvis had unique gifts to offer to the world. I just wished Lennon would of done more without Yoko.
Elvis just enjoyed what he was doing and got bored too easily. That's why he always needed to work. John really didn't need Yoko but he included her in his creative projects because she was his wife. Paul did the same with Linda. Actually, it helped their relationships with their women. Of course, Yoko lost John because of that sick bastard, Mark David Chapman. John Lennon's life was cut short by someone that claimed to be a Beatle fan. MDC is a coward and his pathetic life is worthless.
Bubba

Kenmore, WA

#11352 May 16, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis just enjoyed what he was doing and got bored too easily. That's why he always needed to work. John really didn't need Yoko but he included her in his creative projects because she was his wife. Paul did the same with Linda. Actually, it helped their relationships with their women. Of course, Yoko lost John because of that sick bastard, Mark David Chapman. John Lennon's life was cut short by someone that claimed to be a Beatle fan. MDC is a coward and his pathetic life is worthless.
I have always wondered what kind of music John would of continued making since he had gotten away from the Give Peace a chance type suff. I really wished they would of recorded what they jammed on when they went to see Elvis. John and Elvis would of been killer together.Yoko is still singing with Sean and they Still call it the plastic Ono Band. at 80 she still has a lot of get up and go if only she could sing better. Sean is wierd but at least he is out there playing music
octo

Latham, NY

#11353 May 16, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I have always wondered what kind of music John would of continued making since he had gotten away from the Give Peace a chance type suff. I really wished they would of recorded what they jammed on when they went to see Elvis. John and Elvis would of been killer together.Yoko is still singing with Sean and they Still call it the plastic Ono Band. at 80 she still has a lot of get up and go if only she could sing better. Sean is wierd but at least he is out there playing music
Half of "Double Fantasy" and "Milk And Honey" would be John's 1980 sessions. Simply take Yoko out. I think of the four Beatles, Elvis probably would've been warm to working with George with his semi religious messages and his love for Carl Perkins. But really, Rock N Roll heaven has a great band jammin' up there, don't you think?
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#11356 May 17, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really clear footage. I saw the stuffed gorilla a fan gave him.
Enjoyed it, thanks!
BTW, have you ever seen the laughing witch head a fan had handed Elvis on his short five day tour in 1976? She said "Pull the string, Elvis"
The fans gave him all kinds of things...
He truly loved his fans and that is something no one can take from him. He knew how to be graceful and humble.
I'm glad you enjoyed that clip!! I havn't seen the laughing witch head one, I'll try to find it. Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... Mon Jermaine 7 22
Portraits of Beatles as Old Men Sep 25 Diana 2
anti Beatles fan (Dec '08) Sep 23 Slobodan Milosevic 246
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Sep 23 Little monster 186
This Forum Is Officially Pronounced DEAD (Feb '10) Sep 20 Obi Wan Biden 32
Who invented the Beatles' logo? Sep 14 Greg 1
The Beatlesa Jewish Roots Sep 14 Dr Cosmo Arse-Bandit 6

The Beatles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE