150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11282 May 11, 2013
It's really getting to you, isn't it, Phillip, why Topix chooses to delete your comments, and yours only.

They're on the ball regarding trolls, that's why.

So feel free to keep posting and wasting your time and your life because of your homosexual obsession with me.

You dumb, loser fck.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11283 May 11, 2013
Oh, and as for being in "Gosford", like you, I have no say on what Topic chooses to lost as my Australian location.

You dumb fck.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11284 May 11, 2013
* Topix
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11285 May 11, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy "Southern Gypsy Magic"
My friend has been raving about his copy.
So yeah, SGM was pretty good, but not great. The sound quality has improved, but it wasn't that much better than Another Look At Asheville. Good show though.

I did, however, enjoy the bonus tracks from July 22 and 24: I hadn't really heard the live version of Pieces Of My life before. Pity he didn't do it more live, along with more rarities. And the sound quality on the bonus tracks was pretty good.

I wish he'd changed his shows more in the later years. There's a certain sameness to the shows from 1976-77.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11286 May 11, 2013
* what Topix chooses to list ...

----------

Philip Lean, the dumb fck troll ... can't figure out why his comments get deleted.

What DOES Topix have against him, he wonders?

They know he's a troll, and there is an automatic deletion from them.

But you keep posting here, Philip, if it makes you feel like a big man.

You're just a sad, lonely, pathetic internet troll, nothing more.

Your sick obsession with ME is taking over your life. Posting here at odd hours, repetition of the same shit over and over again, the attempt to steal the ID of your target (ME!!!), the nastiness in your comments, the raving insanity of comments that don't make sense to anyone but you ... all classic trolling behaviour.

And all of us here laugh at you, Philip.

We laugh every time your posts disappear; we laugh every time you try again to post.

Why bother, son? Does it get you off? Do you sit there at 3am, hit the Post Comment button, then feel good?

We laugh and despair at your attempts to come back on here after I made the offer to you to play nice - an offer you rejected, thus confirming what a nasty, vile, vicious, hateful, insignificant little troll you are.

So yeah, Philip, you just keep posting like the lunatic you are ... as you wonder, deep down, what your sad life has come to.

It just KILLS you that Topix deletes your comments.

Now folks, sit back and watch as Philip comes back with "Well done, Carol" - what the hell is it even talking about there?

Hmm, maybe it will choose yet another name as it responds to its own posts because it thinks no one will realise it's him. Gee, what name will it choose next time?

You're just an insignificant gnat, Philip, a bug that Topix squashes EVERY TIME!!

How does it feel to have wasted so many YEARS on this, Philip? How does it feel that no one else in your life even knows about this? What are you thinking at 3am posting on here, while your ugly wh-re of a wife lays in bed?

Grow the fck up, little man.

So be back here in about 48 hours, people, and watch as Philip Troll's posts magically disappear ... AGAIN!

I'm in your HEAD, you little c-nt, and you just can't let me go. I'm so flattered, really.

I know who you are, Philip, and where you live, you Bogan Central Coaster (Cat!).

But you have NO IDEA who I am.

And that kills you.

No one's listening, Philip ... no one cares.
Radio Waves

Mcmahons Point, Australia

#11287 May 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
* what Topix chooses to list ...
----------
Philip Lean, the dumb fck troll ... can't figure out why his comments get deleted.
What DOES Topix have against him, he wonders?
They know he's a troll, and there is an automatic deletion from them.
But you keep posting here, Philip, if it makes you feel like a big man.
You're just a sad, lonely, pathetic internet troll, nothing more.
Your sick obsession with ME is taking over your life. Posting here at odd hours, repetition of the same shit over and over again, the attempt to steal the ID of your target (ME!!!), the nastiness in your comments, the raving insanity of comments that don't make sense to anyone but you ... all classic trolling behaviour.
And all of us here laugh at you, Philip.
We laugh every time your posts disappear; we laugh every time you try again to post.
Why bother, son? Does it get you off? Do you sit there at 3am, hit the Post Comment button, then feel good?
We laugh and despair at your attempts to come back on here after I made the offer to you to play nice - an offer you rejected, thus confirming what a nasty, vile, vicious, hateful, insignificant little troll you are.
So yeah, Philip, you just keep posting like the lunatic you are ... as you wonder, deep down, what your sad life has come to.
It just KILLS you that Topix deletes your comments.
Now folks, sit back and watch as Philip comes back with "Well done, Carol" - what the hell is it even talking about there?
Hmm, maybe it will choose yet another name as it responds to its own posts because it thinks no one will realise it's him. Gee, what name will it choose next time?
You're just an insignificant gnat, Philip, a bug that Topix squashes EVERY TIME!!
How does it feel to have wasted so many YEARS on this, Philip? How does it feel that no one else in your life even knows about this? What are you thinking at 3am posting on here, while your ugly wh-re of a wife lays in bed?
Grow the fck up, little man.
So be back here in about 48 hours, people, and watch as Philip Troll's posts magically disappear ... AGAIN!
I'm in your HEAD, you little c-nt, and you just can't let me go. I'm so flattered, really.
I know who you are, Philip, and where you live, you Bogan Central Coaster (Cat!).
But you have NO IDEA who I am.
And that kills you.
No one's listening, Philip ... no one cares.
Well done, Carol.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11288 May 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
So yeah, SGM was pretty good, but not great. The sound quality has improved, but it wasn't that much better than Another Look At Asheville. Good show though.
I did, however, enjoy the bonus tracks from July 22 and 24: I hadn't really heard the live version of Pieces Of My life before. Pity he didn't do it more live, along with more rarities. And the sound quality on the bonus tracks was pretty good.
I wish he'd changed his shows more in the later years. There's a certain sameness to the shows from 1976-77.
"Gyrating Asheville" was the earlier release that was before the inferior "Another Look" I was quite disappointed by the sound of both audience recordings. "SGM" is certainly an improvement but I was hoping it was better than is was. The third Asheville show on July 24th is still the best sounding tape. It's weird because the first Asheville show was possibly the longest, released on "Crown" as "Shake A Hand In Asheville" What pissed me off was the 2 disc set were from different sources. The first disc, nice and clear while the second disc was barely listenable. I've had July 24th 1975 show for years, which contained a very unusual concert with Elvis starting off with "That's All Right" The whole show is worth having if you can find it from this source. I believe my copy came from an unpublished cassette tape. It has decent sound.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11290 May 11, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gyrating Asheville" was the earlier release that was before the inferior "Another Look" I was quite disappointed by the sound of both audience recordings. "SGM" is certainly an improvement but I was hoping it was better than is was. The third Asheville show on July 24th is still the best sounding tape. It's weird because the first Asheville show was possibly the longest, released on "Crown" as "Shake A Hand In Asheville" What pissed me off was the 2 disc set were from different sources. The first disc, nice and clear while the second disc was barely listenable. I've had July 24th 1975 show for years, which contained a very unusual concert with Elvis starting off with "That's All Right" The whole show is worth having if you can find it from this source. I believe my copy came from an unpublished cassette tape. It has decent sound.
Yeah, sounds good; I'd forgotten that he opened with That's All Right on July 24th - he should've done that more often later. The 2001/See See Rider opening had played out by '74.

Have you heard the Vegas 20th August 1975 MS where he opens with See See Rider/That's All Right/See See Rider? Interesting, and a great show.

I wish he'd changed the format of his shows - aside from a few selections, and his vocal quality, there's essentially no difference between shows from '72 and '77. The opening, intros, etc, Can't Help Falling In Love, then the closing vamp. Same same. His concerts eventually became another rut, just like the movies a decade earlier.

Location hidden

#11292 May 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sounds good; I'd forgotten that he opened with That's All Right on July 24th - he should've done that more often later. The 2001/See See Rider opening had played out by '74.
Have you heard the Vegas 20th August 1975 MS where he opens with See See Rider/That's All Right/See See Rider? Interesting, and a great show.
I wish he'd changed the format of his shows - aside from a few selections, and his vocal quality, there's essentially no difference between shows from '72 and '77. The opening, intros, etc, Can't Help Falling In Love, then the closing vamp. Same same. His concerts eventually became another rut, just like the movies a decade earlier.
The August 20th 1975 MS was only the opening, which was included with "The Request Box" shows but not the whole midnight. The complete dinner show is there though. It has an excellent semi rarity of the performance of "Green, Green Grass Of Home" However, Elvis did do some format changes in Lake Tahoe in 1976, which were some of his longest shows of his career. Still, Elvis did eventually fall into a rut but in 1977, did "Where No One Stands Alone" and "Moody Blue" live only once a piece. The man needed a break from doing concerts and should have made a couple action pictures because that is what Elvis needed to do. He needed a challenge and as much as he loved his fans, he was struggling to keep the high level expected of him by 1976-1977. Too many shows would bore anyone to death. He had very little time between gigs.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11293 May 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix doesn't work on Sunday? For your information it is not Sunday in the United States right at this point in time here in Australia. Who is the fool- Observer Rules.
They work half day Saturdays, and not on Sundays in Los Angeles, you dumb fck.

The above is yet another of your comments that will be deleted by Tuesday morning our time, PHILIP!

Come on, Nancy boy ... write "Well done, Carol" again -'coz no one knows what the fck you're on about - and watch it disappear.

Yet again.

Every time.

Pisses you off, doesn't it, Philip - how you tyoe and tyoe, all for NOTHING.

Keep posting, Philip. That's it, gaywad, keep getting angrier and angrier as we all laugh at you and your shit that keeps disappearing from here.

You stupid, gay, insane, nonsensical, little troll fckwit.

You fcking lonely LOSER!

Thank you, Topix! Good work, as always, deleting this troll's comments.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11294 May 11, 2013
* type and type ...
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11295 May 11, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
The August 20th 1975 MS was only the opening, which was included with "The Request Box" shows but not the whole midnight. The complete dinner show is there though.
Yeah, I liked that release, but I couldn't understand why they gave us two shows and bits of the others.

All five shows from that engagement are fun - I'd like to see a 5CD boxed set of them.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11296 May 11, 2013
octo wrote:
"Where No One Stands Alone" and "Moody Blue" live only once a piece. The man needed a break from doing concerts and should have made a couple action pictures because that is what Elvis needed to do.
Moody Blue was also attempted the night before in Charlotte, Feb 20, 1977, but it only lasts a few seconds.

Action movies: no. He was no action star and no great actor either.

I'd have liked to have seen him go back to the studio with, say, Chips Moman again, and with new musicians and release proper concept albums rather than just the collections of songs we ended up with, as good as some of them are.

Location hidden

#11297 May 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I liked that release, but I couldn't understand why they gave us two shows and bits of the others.
All five shows from that engagement are fun - I'd like to see a 5CD boxed set of them.
Yes, I think that a bootlegger could do that someday because the shows weren't really that bad considering that he cancelled.

Location hidden

#11298 May 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Moody Blue was also attempted the night before in Charlotte, Feb 20, 1977, but it only lasts a few seconds.
Action movies: no. He was no action star and no great actor either.
I'd have liked to have seen him go back to the studio with, say, Chips Moman again, and with new musicians and release proper concept albums rather than just the collections of songs we ended up with, as good as some of them are.
Yeah, I have both nights. "Moody Blue" was included on import CD, "Riot In Charlotte" with a different set list for the era. It was a great concert also.

Actually, I think Elvis was a fine actor that could've pulled off an action picture with karate. The film was being written with Elvis in mind and it was going to called "Billy Easter" with Elvis playing a retired FBI agent in a "Death Wish" type role. Knowing that it was right up Elvis's alley, I think he would have done really well in a film like that. He needed another outlet for his talents and got bored doing live concerts year after year. The Chips Moman thing would've had to wait. Elvis should've dumped Parker first before anything. But it was never meant to be.
King Elvis

Berowra, Australia

#11301 May 12, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
How come they're still here? Some deletion.
What part of "Topix works half day Saturday and not on Sundays" did you miss, you dumb c-nt?

What part of "Come back Tuesday morning, folks" did you miss, you dumb c-nt?

Come back Tuesday morning, you dumb c-nt, and see that ALL of your posts will have been deleted.

Again.

You.

Dumb.

C-nt.

Hmm, let's see what the troll's response will be this time. Will it go with "Well done, Carol" or will it use its tiny brain to choose something new.

You're getting frustrated, Philip, and grasping at straws.

You just can't figure out why Topix deletes your comments.

Suck on it, you snivelling, worthless little shit.
DENNIS HAUSER

Peoria, IL

#11304 May 12, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are thinking about the stuffed chimpanzee that Elvis put on his back. At the same show, someone gave him a costume gorrilla head for the occasion. It wasn't meant to be a serious closing night. Elvis and the band were being silly.
No the big stuffed gorilla one. He walks away from it on stage after he tells it to sit and sing, then says;"I told the Colonel to stay off the stage!" LOL!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11305 May 13, 2013
Right on with your great insight on Elvis and being picked on by the media and being jealously resented by some[not all]black artists.Elvis's music was the best because it came from what many consider the golden era of Rock and Pop music,the mid fifties to the late seventies,and not coincidentally,those are the years that emcompassed the Presley career[1954-1977],it's really great that you're into the Elvis bootlegs,Octo,I saw on some website that an RCA stereo recording or bootleg exists FOR EVERY ONE OF HIS LIVE SHOWS FROM THE SEVENTIES,THAT'S 1,156 CONCERTS,WHEW,somewhat similar to The Grateful Dead,also,peace out.
xxxxx

London, UK

#11307 May 13, 2013
Elmer Jackson wrote:
Yep I have been picked on by the media too. They always get on my case about my drinking and my hobo lifestyle. They don't know that I sing songs from my heart to please other drunks and bring a bit of joy to my fellow hobos.The hobo life hasn't been easy but it has shaped me into what I am today and I still intend to take up where Boxcar Willie left off.With a little luck I'll still be doing at 80 just like Willy Nelson no matter what the media has to say about me. Now pass me that bottle while I tune up my guitar.
You sound like fun Elmer, could do with some laugh's around here it's getting boaring.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#11308 May 13, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like fun Elmer, could do with some laugh's around here it's getting boaring.
Yep I agree too much fighting and arguing for this light hearted hobo. Got to add some humor to this forum to keep things silly man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tupelo's Rae Sremmurd holds No. 1 song in natio... Thu Better living 22
News George Harrison: Rock's Best-Kept Secret Nov 27 TeeMee 1
One of the Best Nov 24 Greg 3
For your eyes only (Feb '15) Nov 22 Little monster 54
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Nov 13 Dr Clayton OBoogie 27
Number nine, number nine. Nov '16 Little monster 2
News Rihanna Ties Michael Jackson On The List Of Car... (May '16) Oct '16 Disgusting Jacko 3
More from around the web