150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12905 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11128 Apr 25, 2013
not involved in this but wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like you do, the way you go on like a mad person every time the other king elvis posts anything. strange way to go on if you're not worried.
Jesus, Philip, you're not even trying any more ... now you're just embarrassing yourself!

Oh, well.

The comment above will also be gone by the morning, so who cares?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11130 Apr 26, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about Unchained Melody, the greatest "jail" song ever written (with apologies to Jailhouse Rock!) No one could do it like the Righteous Brothers, not even Elvis. The undubbed versions - are a revelation, despite Elvis not being able or unwilling to go high.
The Sweets did a version too, I have it on one of their albums - it's fair to middling.
As for Elvis In Concert, I still say it deserves an FTD release: a three disc set. The original album, plus the two shows, all in remastered quality.
While we're at it, make it a four disc set: the fourth disc a DVD of the show in pristine quality!
No, he wasn't at his best, far from it. But it is, IMO, just as important as '68 or Aloha as a TV show in the life of Elvis. The final bookend, as it were.
FTD is for the fans, not the public, so only we'd get it. It needs a release.
I'd rather that they left "Elvis In Concert" alone. Besides, FTD has just about run its course. I like the various import labels and listen to them a lot more often. The Straight Arrow release, "Southern Gypsy" was very good even if the audience sound was a bit disappointing. It is still an improvement from other versions of the Asheville July 23rd show and the bonus tracks were well chosen. At this point, there is hardly anything new they can do with Elvis. RCA apparently thought that Elvis fans would buy anything and with Sony, its business as usual. At least, I can be honest about certain performances that I would never want to hear again. Omaha and Ripid City are still on the top of the list as poor concerts are concerned. Elvis needed to be in the hospital, not on stage in front of cameras. The man was so sick and bloated with the arena lights turned on. CBS had no clue how to film a concert stage performance. A mess that really did more harm to Elvis's reputation than any enjoyment I could get from listening to them again.

Location hidden

#11131 Apr 26, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I never understood why people rave about this song from the show, especially like on The Great Performances.
It's just sad, and is one of the worst selections from the show.
The best is probably My Way, IMO.
The "My Way" from the platinum boxed set was one of the better versions of the song. Despite his failing health, Elvis did put on some great shows in 1977. I would want FTD to finally release the last show in Indy on soundboard. That I would consider purchasing.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11134 Apr 26, 2013
And that high pitched ending to `UNCHAINED MELODY'from the original`MOODY BLUE'IS ELVIS ,KINGSTER,I KNOW ELVIS'S VOICE WHEN I HEAR IT,OK,I'VE JUST BEEN A FAN FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS,THAT'S ALL,AND I THINK I KNOW A LITTLE BIT OF HOW ELVIS SOUNDS LIKE,and I also have the video of him at Rapid City,South Dakota singing the same song and him hitting the same high note at the end,though not as spectacularly as he did at Ann Arbor,Michigan,in April of that fateful year,1977,peace out.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11135 Apr 26, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather that they left "Elvis In Concert" alone. Besides, FTD has just about run its course. I like the various import labels and listen to them a lot more often. The Straight Arrow release, "Southern Gypsy" was very good even if the audience sound was a bit disappointing. It is still an improvement from other versions of the Asheville July 23rd show and the bonus tracks were well chosen. At this point, there is hardly anything new they can do with Elvis. RCA apparently thought that Elvis fans would buy anything and with Sony, its business as usual. At least, I can be honest about certain performances that I would never want to hear again. Omaha and Ripid City are still on the top of the list as poor concerts are concerned. Elvis needed to be in the hospital, not on stage in front of cameras. The man was so sick and bloated with the arena lights turned on. CBS had no clue how to film a concert stage performance. A mess that really did more harm to Elvis's reputation than any enjoyment I could get from listening to them again.
Agree with most everything you said, but I still say EIC desrves the FTD treatment.

FTD hasn't run out of steam just yet, the Stay Away Joe release should be good. Can't wait for the full master of All I Neded Was The Rain.

As for the soundboard of Indy, if it exists, it's in the hands of the family of sound engineer Bruce Jackson. But, like him, they're being selfish and not releasing it, or any others they may have.

Sony/BMG should launch legal action to obtain the tapes, IMO.

And if you're going to release Indy, then you might as well released Omaha and Rapid City. Yes, Elvis sounded better in Indy than both the other shows, and looked (marginally) better, but, really, is there such a difference?

EIC deserves an FTD release so that we fans can have Elvis' "final curtain" in proper remastered quality.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11138 Apr 26, 2013
Keep it up, Philip, it's farking HILARIOUS knowing you're resorting to impersonating me just to try and get your irrelevant voice heard.

Tune in tomorrow, folks, and see posts 11136 and 11137 deleted.

And laugh as you know that the filthy troll Philip Lean of 45 Arakoon St Kincumber (ie the Bogan Coast) can't work out how and why!

How DOES Topix know the difference between me (the real King Elvis) and you ... just a pathetic wannabe.

You're almost as amusing as KB50MJ ... but I took him down as well. And only the REAL King Elvis could understand THAT reference.

So,have you gone to another computer yet and seen all your posts gone? That's why no one's responding to your crap, Philip. Oh, go on, Philip, go to any other PC.

So, you're out on the "clubbing scene" away from Sydney, are you? What, clubbing seals? Do tell us, where are you then?

Moron.

You pathetic, weak little man.

I OWN you, bee-yarch!
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11139 Apr 26, 2013
Wow, that didn't take long, did it Philip?

Topix is really on the ball today.

All your "King Elvis" posts have been taken down. Yep, including the two you wrote in the early hours of Saturday morning. And you managed them from "Sydney Australia" this time, too.

MOST impressive, Philip. But not good enough.

How DOES Topix know the difference between the real King Elvis and you anyway? They don't know your ISP, so HOW ... HOW ... HOW ... does it get done?!

It's a mystery all right!

One which your warped, syphilitic troll brain simply cannot comprehend,

I can tell by your frustration that you must have gone to another PC and confirmed your worst nightmare: that ALL of your posts are deleted on this forum and that your PC is the only one which still shows them.

Go ON, Philip, put down this PC, go to an internet cafe and check it out. No joke, son, all your crap is gone from here.

Oh, along with your "not involved in this but" ones as well. All gone.

You know in that tiny brain of yours I'm right. Why would I say posts have gone when they haven't? If I'm wrong you could certainly prove me wrong by sending links to screen dumps taken on another PC showing your posts are there. Oh wait, that's pointless because EVERY ONE OF YOUR TROLL POSTS GET REMOVED FROM HERE, LIL ELVIS (THAT'S WHAT ELVIS CALLED HIS DICK!) Only a real fan like me would even know that tidbit.

I'm smarter than you, Philip, and more erudite. Your "King Elvis" posts - that can come from anywhere but gloriously sunny "Sydney Australia" - are amateur schlock compared to my enormous Elvis knowledge, the breadth of that knowledge, and the FAR more vicous and nasty {yet still classy and well-worded) way in which I eviscerate you every time is a masterpiece to behold.

You're like schock. A stubborn, nasty troll that deserves to be put down. I slaughtered him, and I'm doing the same to you, nimrod.

Put simply, Philip, you can't compete with me on any level.

Put your tiny mind at rest and log onto this forum using another PC, maybe from a Net cafe.

Look for your posts ... sll gone, little boy, all gone.

WHAT part of that do you not understand?

There is a way out if this impasse, Philip.

Pick one screen name stick with it, and join the conversations about Elvis. Are you even an Elvis fan? Just askin'.

So whaddaya say, Philip?

Let's start playing nice with each other and have robust Elvis talk? God knows we could use some new blood here and who knows, we might even have some fun playing with Fatty Lee.

You have my word that I will be polite and respectful if you are in return. Why all this hostility to me anyway?

Fine. I'm sorry I called you a troll in my very first post to you when you posted claiming to be Elvis' son.

And everyone on here knows I haven't always been "King Elvis" here. That's no dang secret, am I right folks?

WHY are you such a troll? Wouldn't you enjoy it more here talking calmly and politely about our man Elvis? What's the payoff for you - a grown man - behaving like this?
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11140 Apr 26, 2013
Part 2 ...

Seriously, mate, I'm offering a very rare olive branch here. The other regulars are probably stunned because they know how much of a c*nt I can be to haters.

I'm tired of hating, Philip. Life's to shirt; you're older than me, so you might understand that better than me.

So it's your call here - join in with us, talk about Elvis or MJ or the Beatles or wherever the conversation takes us. Have a good time, one and all. Actually post as Philip Lean and go from there.

No more nastiness from either of us; both of us talking with Elvis fans and returning this thread to how happy it was before you and I butted heads.

Or, you can choose to still act like this, and see your posts deleted every time.

(I'm not joking either, Philip - go to another PC and see all of your posts gone. I'm honestly not taking the piss about that, they're ALL GONE).

So, what's it to be, Philip ... can we play nice and put all this silliness behind us once and for all? Put down our poisoned keystrokes, stop the name calling, vile comments, swearing, your impersonating me and enjoy the conversation with the forum regulars?

Serious offer, Philip, and sincere.

All previous bullshit aside. Can we BOTH be mature enough to stop all this BS, as we're going around in circles.

Join us as Philip Lean or whatever moniker you choose.

Whaddaya say?

On my word, this is a genuine reach out to sweep away the past and start again.

To quote RICK (God help me!)

Peace out.

KE.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11141 Apr 26, 2013
Oh, and I have your phone number as well as your address from the White Pages - am perfectly willing to call you and make peace over the phone.

I'm here for Elvis and Elvis only, not any other bullshit.

So it's really up to you.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11142 Apr 26, 2013
I like this forum, and I want to be able to like it again, that's all.

No BS, it's a genuine offer.

Made once.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11144 Apr 26, 2013
Dilbert wrote:
How about getting back on topic ? The battle has become old and boring.
No argument from me there ...
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11145 Apr 26, 2013
And it part 2, that should read life's too SHORT ...

So what say you, Philip?
Wibur Cragbert

Renton, WA

#11146 Apr 26, 2013
Well to get back to talking about music.I wonder if we will ever have another super group or another super performer before 2020.The traveling Wilburys was the last super group to form. Legendary Country singer George Jones died today.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#11147 Apr 26, 2013
Wibur Cragbert wrote:
Well to get back to talking about music.I wonder if we will ever have another super group or another super performer before 2020.The traveling Wilburys was the last super group to form. Legendary Country singer George Jones died today.
Though I'm not a huge country fan, George Jones was a classic. If I listen to country, it has to be "twangy" and George fit the bill. He'll be missed.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#11148 Apr 26, 2013
2kingsdaughter wrote:
<quoted text>Though I'm not a huge country fan, George Jones was a classic. If I listen to country, it has to be "twangy" and George fit the bill. He'll be missed.
Yep he was good at those sad twangy country songs.I don't much care for that kind of music but George Jones and Merle Haggard are two of the best at writing the country sad songs.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11150 Apr 27, 2013
rock dolls wrote:
<quoted text>
the phony king elvis admits defeat,
now groveling at phil lean's feet.
the fool knows that this show is over,
that lean has really done her over.
a flash of light will be seen all over,
showing mad king elvis crashing
like a burnt out super nova.
lol
You c-nt.

You had the chance to be a man, and you failed.

You c-nt.

You filthy, rotten, hateful, loathsome little troll.

You c-nt.

Doesn't faze me in the least, Phillip.

You c-nt.

Every one of your posts will be deleted from here.

You c-nt.

No more responses from me or anyone else.

You c-nt.

So enjoy posting here, all the while knowing that no one except you will see your posts, because Topix deletes every single one.

You c-nt.

Location hidden

#11151 Apr 27, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with most everything you said, but I still say EIC desrves the FTD treatment.
FTD hasn't run out of steam just yet, the Stay Away Joe release should be good. Can't wait for the full master of All I Neded Was The Rain.
As for the soundboard of Indy, if it exists, it's in the hands of the family of sound engineer Bruce Jackson. But, like him, they're being selfish and not releasing it, or any others they may have.
Sony/BMG should launch legal action to obtain the tapes, IMO.
And if you're going to release Indy, then you might as well released Omaha and Rapid City. Yes, Elvis sounded better in Indy than both the other shows, and looked (marginally) better, but, really, is there such a difference?
EIC deserves an FTD release so that we fans can have Elvis' "final curtain" in proper remastered quality.
I would like to see a couple box set FTD releases that cover Elvis from the beginning to the end with studio outtakes, interviews and live stuff in order of which they were recorded. FTD doesn't have to rerelease the masters again because most of us already have the recordings. I realize that RCA as already released plenty of box sets in the past but Elvis was too complex of an artist to just cover a certain period. As for "All I Needed Was The Rain" on the new ftd, "Stay Away Joe" project, it probably would be better taken out of that content. I have no doubt that FTD will probably release "Elvis In Concert" down the road but the boot, "The Final Curtain" pretty much covered that already even if FTD did take the time to remaster the CBS tapes. But why? The performances in Omaha and Rapid City weren't strong enough to justify such an massive undertaking. I'd like to see more "Out In Hollywood" and "Silver Screen Stereo" CD's with extended stereo versions of fifties material that were only previous available on mono. They do have that stuff, you know. FTD has put out way too many 1976 concert soundboards. I would think that they would know about some of the better sounding audience imports that capture way better performances. Why can't they do the same? I rarely listen to most of the FTD concerts. Instead, the boots is what I desire.

Location hidden

#11152 Apr 27, 2013
Wibur Cragbert wrote:
I like George Jones. Elvis covered "She Thinks I Still Care" on "Moody Blue" and recorded a previously unreleased version of it that was awesome. George Jones did kind of rockabilly early in his career with "White Lightening" He had true emotion in his songs that made him one of the most talented country singers ever. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" was striking for its time. It meant something instead of most of the modern country we hear now.
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11155 Apr 29, 2013
Ziggy wrote:
<quoted text> The boney king beavis omits stinky feet
now traveling after will's clean sheet
the cool shows that this isn't clover,
that scene has really won her over
a rash and fight will be seen by a lover
showing bad king beavis thrashing
like a super hoover cobra.
Nice poem.

You'll notice how the post you responded to has now been deleted.

Great work, Topix!
King Elvis

Canley Vale, Australia

#11156 Apr 29, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see a couple box set FTD releases that cover Elvis from the beginning to the end with studio outtakes, interviews and live stuff in order of which they were recorded. FTD doesn't have to rerelease the masters again because most of us already have the recordings. I realize that RCA as already released plenty of box sets in the past but Elvis was too complex of an artist to just cover a certain period. As for "All I Needed Was The Rain" on the new ftd, "Stay Away Joe" project, it probably would be better taken out of that content. I have no doubt that FTD will probably release "Elvis In Concert" down the road but the boot, "The Final Curtain" pretty much covered that already even if FTD did take the time to remaster the CBS tapes. But why? The performances in Omaha and Rapid City weren't strong enough to justify such an massive undertaking. I'd like to see more "Out In Hollywood" and "Silver Screen Stereo" CD's with extended stereo versions of fifties material that were only previous available on mono. They do have that stuff, you know. FTD has put out way too many 1976 concert soundboards. I would think that they would know about some of the better sounding audience imports that capture way better performances. Why can't they do the same? I rarely listen to most of the FTD concerts. Instead, the boots is what I desire.
Eight soundboards from '76 isn't too much when you consider there are more (complete) shows from that year than any other. FTD's mission was to represent each tour and they've done that, or just about.

To release all the outtakes in order from the 50s to '76 is unfeasible - sure, it would serve the completists, but no one else. And it would make for boring listening.

And to remaster Omaha and Rapid City plus the original album is hardly a "massive" undertaking. FTD has wasted several releases: why on earth did they do Hits Of The 70s? It was a UK album from 1974, not even a noteworthy one, and the FTD release doesn't even have anything new on it. Totally pointless release, but I guess some will have purchased it.

I hope FTD do The Trouble With Girls and Live A Little, Love A Little for their next movie soundtracks. I'm looking forward to Stay Away, Joe very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are they still so popular? Feb 9 TabuMin 1
News When Hershey closed the chocolate plant, mariju... Jan '18 whod ever thought eh 1
News Top StoryRingo Starr, Bee Gee Barry Gibb tapped... Dec '17 Appears That Way 1
News Paul McCarthy: Going Vegan Is The Best Way To G... Dec '17 nat 2
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Nov '17 MrDinosaurGuy 24
News Beatles statues are tons of fun except for one ... Oct '17 Break Farts 5
new george martin interview he apologizes to p... (Feb '08) Sep '17 macca 20
More from around the web