150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Bubba

Renton, WA

#10884 Apr 10, 2013
RICK wrote:
I agree with you on Mccartney's singing,Octo,he did sing like kermit the frog,there is a definite sappy quality to his SOUND as a vocalist,he should definitely consider a career making music for kids,AND THAT'S ALL.And as for some of his albums,such as `Flaming Pie',that one should have been renamed`Flaming Pile of Rhino Poop',a more apt title,don't you think,Octopus Brain.I like The Beatles for two reasons,John Lennon and George Harrison,AND THAT'S ALL,McFartney is swell headed loudmouth whose solo work,for the most part,was embarrassing,and Ringo didn't do a whole lot as a contributor to the group's music,so I'm neutral on him,peace out.
Ringo's contribution to the Beatles was excellant drumming and occasionaly had input on songs. Octopus Garden was all his. He wasn't a great singer but his drumming was awesome. Flaming Pie had a few good tunes on it but some fillers that weren't so great.Even Elvis had some lame songs on his records too. Not every song he sang was great either.Teddy Bear sucked as bad as any of Paul's sappy songs.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#10885 Apr 10, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
What Beatle fans fail to realize is that if they rejected Wings and Paul McCartney's seventies pop, The Beatles probably would have reunited at some point. The sixties culture has been praising Paul for decades and he still thinks he was the "star" of The Beatles. Of course, he was going to have an inflated ego. I've heard that "Flaming Pie" was Paul McCartney's return to a rock sound but can not comment on it because I haven't listened to the album. I did hear "Off The Ground" years ago and thought it wasn't strong enough to even bother listening to a second time. Even though Paul has a swelled head, I still believe he is a decent person that cares about different causes to help people and desires to protect the rights of animals. Certainly not a bad legacy and one that should be admired. Still, his solo work was a complete waste of talent when he could've continued with The Beatles as a unit with the other three inspiring him.
Not a complete waste he did have some good ones on Venus and Mars and the Band on the Run album was ok.What he should of done was have Badfinger as his backing group or tried harder to have George co-write with him and help him out like John Lennon did. Lennon and Harrison worked together on John's solo records But maybe Paul's ego was too much for George I don't know.Also maybe George didn't like the idea of having Linda Mccartney in the same band.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10886 Apr 10, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Not a complete waste he did have some good ones on Venus and Mars and the Band on the Run album was ok.What he should of done was have Badfinger as his backing group or tried harder to have George co-write with him and help him out like John Lennon did. Lennon and Harrison worked together on John's solo records But maybe Paul's ego was too much for George I don't know.Also maybe George didn't like the idea of having Linda Mccartney in the same band.
"Band On The Run" was just okay but it still was below what The Beatles could have done. It is kinda hard to expect any of them to top what they've done together as a band unit. Had Paul McCartney have not been so successful with Wings, we would have probably seen The Beatles reunite. The seventies pop sound worked for Paul on many of his hit singles but as albums they do not hold up to The Beatles best work. Badfinger bordered on tragic because they were really a talented band. George and Paul made up in the mid nineties and it was nice to see that the two men respecting each other for the Anthology project. They should've made amends long before that. Paul's behavior towards George at the end of The Beatles was that of a dictator. Paul was wrong, not George Harrison. He did not deserve that from a barking Paul McCartney.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#10887 Apr 10, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Band On The Run" was just okay but it still was below what The Beatles could have done. It is kinda hard to expect any of them to top what they've done together as a band unit. Had Paul McCartney have not been so successful with Wings, we would have probably seen The Beatles reunite. The seventies pop sound worked for Paul on many of his hit singles but as albums they do not hold up to The Beatles best work. Badfinger bordered on tragic because they were really a talented band. George and Paul made up in the mid nineties and it was nice to see that the two men respecting each other for the Anthology project. They should've made amends long before that. Paul's behavior towards George at the end of The Beatles was that of a dictator. Paul was wrong, not George Harrison. He did not deserve that from a barking Paul McCartney.
George got tired by the time Let it Be was made. He had already played with Clapton and Billy Preston and had more fun doing it than playing with the Beatles. Paul felt that he had to take control of the sessions because at the time no enthusiastic feelings were happening and recording became a drag.John was heavy into Yoko then Ringo was tired of the bullshit too.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#10888 Apr 10, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Ringo's contribution to the Beatles was excellant drumming and occasionaly had input on songs. Octopus Garden was all his. He wasn't a great singer but his drumming was awesome. Flaming Pie had a few good tunes on it but some fillers that weren't so great.Even Elvis had some lame songs on his records too. Not every song he sang was great either.Teddy Bear sucked as bad as any of Paul's sappy songs.
I still admire Ringo's drumming style. I also still admire George's songwriting. It's too bad John and Paul didn't let him contribute more.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#10892 Apr 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you haven't seen them in concert lately.
They still rock, and sell out arenas all over the world.
Greatest rock band ever, bar none, and they shit all over The Beatles.
Too old?
Please.
I agree King they still put on a good rock show. They were second only to the Beatles during the sixties but have out lasted them and most of the other Bristish Bands. I think it's great that they keep touring for their fans that want to see them.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#10895 Apr 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they're doing their 50th anniversary tour now, but sadly they won't be coming down to Australia.
Maybe next year, they said.
(And just ignore the troll above. His comments are automatically removed from Topix after a day or two, he's just too stupid to realise it).
Yeah I never can understand why some people have to be negative when they post.Rick is always putting down Mccartney and doesn't realize millions still adore him no matter what just like true Elvis fans adored him.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10897 Apr 12, 2013
I'll lay off Mccartney,Bubba,I know that you're a big fan of his,I don't totally dislike him,I do have `Band on the Run' on vinyl and I have his greatest hits compilation CD `All The Best'.I just don't think he's always a nice guy,sometimes he says things that are mean spirited about other artists,and I don't think that's right,especially an artist who has had as much success as he.He should be humble and grateful for his great success,as Elvis Presley certainly was,that's all,peace out.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10898 Apr 12, 2013
RICK wrote:
I'll lay off Mccartney,Bubba,I know that you're a big fan of his,I don't totally dislike him,I do have `Band on the Run' on vinyl and I have his greatest hits compilation CD `All The Best'.I just don't think he's always a nice guy,sometimes he says things that are mean spirited about other artists,and I don't think that's right,especially an artist who has had as much success as he.He should be humble and grateful for his great success,as Elvis Presley certainly was,that's all,peace out.
Ok Rick. I don't think I've ever heard Paul put Elvis down. In fact I think both he and Lennon looked up to Elvis because Elvis was doing rock and roll when Lennon and Mccartney were just starting to learn how to play guitars.I don't like everything Paul does but over the years he has had some good tunes and in the Beatles he wrote a lot of their hits. Hey Jude and Get Back and Let it be are all good songs he wrote Helter Skelter and some pretty hard rocking tunes but on the other hand he has wrote some sappy filler songs on his solo albums. His up coming tour will do well and could be his last who knows.I wished he could of recorded with Elvis in the 70's they would of been cool doing a duet together. Paul was more in his prime then.Elvis was a reguler kind of guy unless he got pissed off at his TV set then he would shoot it up but he could afford it and it was fun probably.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10900 Apr 12, 2013
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has BUBBA been a troll, you FU.KWIT? King Elvis is the troll around here.
Who's Bubba? Hebba Hubba no Bubba troll no Bubba on patrol Bubba still has soul and he's on the go so watch out MOFO.

Location hidden

#10901 Apr 12, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you haven't seen them in concert lately.
They still rock, and sell out arenas all over the world.
Greatest rock band ever, bar none, and they shit all over The Beatles.
Too old?
Please.
While they've been old for three decades now, it is getting stale.

The Rolling Stones have outlived their purpose of what they were.

They are old men, only doing it for the money and that sucks.

It is pathetic. Sorry, King E...that is just my opinion.

Location hidden

#10902 Apr 12, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> I agree King they still put on a good rock show. They were second only to the Beatles during the sixties but have out lasted them and most of the other Bristish Bands. I think it's great that they keep touring for their fans that want to see them.
It depends. I saw them in Boston, 2005 and they were tired.

It was not a great show, especially the Disco set.

The Who did the best on the Hurricane Sandy benefit.

I thought the magic was gone with The Rolling Stones.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10903 Apr 12, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends. I saw them in Boston, 2005 and they were tired.
It was not a great show, especially the Disco set.
The Who did the best on the Hurricane Sandy benefit.
I thought the magic was gone with The Rolling Stones.
The Who a few years ago at halftime at the superbowl were really good. Ringo's son Zac can play the hell out of the drums like Keith Moon did. Townsend still rocks on the guitar but he looks old and ugly too.They still had some magic but The Stones are doing it just because they can. They will probably retire after this tour since they are all rich old men. Bill Wyman already threw in the towel .Still it beats most of the new music today. No good new groups and that sucks more than the tired old Stones.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#10907 Apr 13, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
While they've been old for three decades now, it is getting stale.
The Rolling Stones have outlived their purpose of what they were.
They are old men, only doing it for the money and that sucks.
It is pathetic. Sorry, King E...that is just my opinion.
It's my opinion, too, Octo. I still listen to their music. But I would never take the time to see them in concert. I wish they'd retire.

Location hidden

#10908 Apr 13, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>The Who a few years ago at halftime at the superbowl were really good. Ringo's son Zac can play the hell out of the drums like Keith Moon did. Townsend still rocks on the guitar but he looks old and ugly too.They still had some magic but The Stones are doing it just because they can. They will probably retire after this tour since they are all rich old men. Bill Wyman already threw in the towel .Still it beats most of the new music today. No good new groups and that sucks more than the tired old Stones.
I never really liked The Who but their recent shows impress.

I think maybe because they focus on the music done live.

Ringo's son Zac was fantastic.

It felt like a Who tribute show with only two original members.

But for some reason, it works.

The Rolling Stones aren't doing anything new to hold my interest.

Jagger and Richards are way too old.

Charlie Watts can still play but I wish he were in another band.

The Stones are just doing it for the money because they can.

Location hidden

#10909 Apr 13, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not doing it for the money, as Mick and Keith each said in recent interviews.
They're all multi-millionaires.
They're doing it because they still love old time rock and roll, and love playing live in front of their adoring fans.
More power to them!
Of course, they're The Stones.

People still desire to see them play.

But there comes a time when you just should give it up.

Mick Jagger won't because he is Mick Jagger.

And Jagger always loved the money that they always command.

The whole band is just old and graying.

It is not working for them anymore because they never quit it.

Rock N Roll should be a young man's game.

Kind of sad seeing The Stones trying to capture what they once had.

Location hidden

#10910 Apr 13, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
On another subject, I have modified my opinion on the Legacy release of Aloha.
The original show is exactly as was released in '73, missing parts and all.
The mix isn't great, and the 1998 reissue is still the one to listen to.
The rehearsal show, however, is superb. SO much better than The Alternate Aloha.
I'd only listened to that when I wrote earlier.
RCA and now Sony has done what they've always do.

They try and get Elvis fans to buy the same product over again.

Of course, that defeats the purpose of getting extra sales.

They have the material to do some creative Elvis releases.

Yet, they choose to take the easy way out and rip off the fans.

The sound improvement on the rehearsal was much needed.

But why a double disc with the original release of "Aloha" ???

In reality, the import labels offer more for true Elvis fans.

The latest boot I purchased is "Southern Gypsy Magic" Asheville.

It is certainly a different tape source.

However, they pieced it together from other tapes to complete it.

A very strange Straight Arrow.

I wasn't really happy with the sound overall.

It is better than the previous versions of the concert though.

I wanted it becuse it was said to be recorded with two mikes.

And for the BONUS "Why Me Lord" solo performance without JD.

Location hidden

#10911 Apr 13, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's my opinion, too, Octo. I still listen to their music. But I would never take the time to see them in concert. I wish they'd retire.
I recently purchaced the two disc expanded "Exile On Main Street"

That was when they were really The Rolling Stones.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10912 Apr 13, 2013
Elvis should have done a duets album,Bubba,Elvis could have probably gotten every big name in the business to join him,certainly in the Rock and Roll business for sure,peace out.
jane

Bremen, Germany

#10913 Apr 13, 2013
MJ is always the greatest singer of all time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tupelo's Rae Sremmurd holds No. 1 song in natio... 7 hr Who Cares 16
News George Harrison: Rock's Best-Kept Secret Nov 27 TeeMee 1
One of the Best Nov 24 Greg 3
For your eyes only (Feb '15) Nov 22 Little monster 54
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Nov 13 Dr Clayton OBoogie 27
Number nine, number nine. Nov '16 Little monster 2
News Rihanna Ties Michael Jackson On The List Of Car... (May '16) Oct '16 Disgusting Jacko 3
More from around the web