150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12899 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Penny Lane

Milton Keynes, UK

#10463 Mar 8, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I whole heartedly agree. I like a lot of other singers including the other 3 Beatles, but noone can hold a candle to Mr. Lennon.
Paul's turned out a bit weird and Ringo has but John was a real person and so was George. We've got a proper strong accent here in Liverpool and it's really hard to lose it coz mainly we don't want to coz we're proud of where we come from and second it's that thick that you really have to try bloody hard to kill it. Paul's got rid of his and he talks like the friggin queen now and we all say he's gone posey. If he's proud to be a Liverpudlian why's he changed the way he speaks? Load of rubbish. John never done that no matter whee he lived. He was a true Scouser through and through.
xxxxx

UK

#10464 Mar 8, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's turned out a bit weird and Ringo has but John was a real person and so was George. We've got a proper strong accent here in Liverpool and it's really hard to lose it coz mainly we don't want to coz we're proud of where we come from and second it's that thick that you really have to try bloody hard to kill it. Paul's got rid of his and he talks like the friggin queen now and we all say he's gone posey. If he's proud to be a Liverpudlian why's he changed the way he speaks? Load of rubbish. John never done that no matter whee he lived. He was a true Scouser through and through.
Thank you Penny Lane,

That was a great story, Do you like Elvis Presley?

I like some of his songs but not all of them, can you name some good Elvis Presley songs?

All the best xxxxx
Chris

United States

#10465 Mar 10, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Paul has lost a lot of his accent from living in the US for all these years, same goes for Ringo.
The Credit Angel Can Help

Schenectady, NY

#10466 Mar 10, 2013
The Beatles are old school radio fonder for the new age senior citizen. The group, One Direction along with the brand new king, Justin Bieber have taken over the sales charts and dominate pop radio. The Beatles are dead or very old. You people talk shit. Bow your lowly heads to King Justin and be grateful that he has defeated and surpassed the pedophile, Michael Joseph Jackson. Like everything, it comes a time when we all have to except that music dies and change is a part of it. Long live King Justin.
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#10467 Mar 10, 2013
The Credit Angel Can Help wrote:
The Beatles are old school radio fonder for the new age senior citizen. The group, One Direction along with the brand new king, Justin Bieber have taken over the sales charts and dominate pop radio. The Beatles are dead or very old. You people talk shit. Bow your lowly heads to King Justin and be grateful that he has defeated and surpassed the pedophile, Michael Joseph Jackson. Like everything, it comes a time when we all have to except that music dies and change is a part of it. Long live King Justin.
This is so laughable. I remember hearing the same thing about Bobby Sherman, Jimmy Clanton, Fabian, and so many others that no one even remembers right now.
Dennis Hauser

United States

#10468 Mar 11, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>This is so laughable. I remember hearing the same thing about Bobby Sherman, Jimmy Clanton, Fabian, and so many others that no one even remembers right now.
I couldn't help but laugh out loud, when I read this. I have to agree Lee, you hit it on the head! The way I see it, in the future when the Justin Biebers and the like are done with their run and they have pasted away, people will still be talking about Elvis, the Beatles, the Stones, etc. and news of the wannabes passings will not even phase the grown up groupies. As a matter of fact, they will be embarrased (if they have the nerve to confess) to mention they where a fan.
There's the key word, "mention." I have been an Elvis fan thru thick and thin.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#10469 Mar 11, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>I whole heartedly agree. I like a lot of other singers including the other 3 Beatles, but noone can hold a candle to Mr. Lennon.
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That nasal whine was pathetic. Best singer of all time? Right.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#10470 Mar 11, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
John Lennon was theeeeeeee best singer of all time.
BWAHAHAHAHA!! That is beyond insanity!
Chris

United States

#10472 Mar 11, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That nasal whine was pathetic. Best singer of all time? Right.
Lennon could sing any type of music he wanted from blues to oldies to classic rock to ballads and everything in between. Not many singers have that kind of range to their voice. But the Beatles had 3 & Lennon was the best of the three.

Schenectady, NY

#10473 Mar 11, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>This is so laughable. I remember hearing the same thing about Bobby Sherman, Jimmy Clanton, Fabian, and so many others that no one even remembers right now.
None of those artists have five number one albums. Only two Justin Bieber compact discs missed hitting the top but still entered the billboard top ten since 2009. That is an excellent track record. Obviously, King Justin has not failed yet. He is actually very close to making the history books AND will be remembered for a long time.
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10474 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
None of those artists have five number one albums.
But they DID have No.1 hits in the US.

Bieber hasn't, even at his "peak".

Schenectady, NY

#10475 Mar 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
But they DID have No.1 hits in the US.
Bieber hasn't, even at his "peak".
Justin's 'peak' hasn't happened yet. Give him time to grow and get better at it. You seem to be concerned with songs and not albums. Justin Bieber does not have to get number one songs when it is the whole album that he is selling. He done the number one thing five times in every year he has been active. That is still pretty impressive. His popularity could fade, continue or he could someday make a huge comeback later on. You do not know what will happen.
Patrick

Springfield, NJ

#10476 Mar 11, 2013
Elmer Jackson wrote:
Elmer has sold over 1000 singing drunk songs look it up.
That's funny !!!!!
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10477 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Justin's 'peak' hasn't happened yet. Give him time to grow and get better at it. You seem to be concerned with songs and not albums. Justin Bieber does not have to get number one songs when it is the whole album that he is selling. He done the number one thing five times in every year he has been active. That is still pretty impressive. His popularity could fade, continue or he could someday make a huge comeback later on. You do not know what will happen.
Butt boy Bieber's Portugal show cancelled due to soft ticket sales.

If he was so good, he'd have sold out.

Like Elvis The Concert did. Elvis on video with his original band. Sold out.
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10478 Mar 11, 2013
Recent TMZ POLL results:

Bieber's star: Fading or shining?

Fading: 96% Shining: 4%

Total votes: 117,144

The people have spoken.

Schenectady, NY

#10479 Mar 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
Recent TMZ POLL results:
Bieber's star: Fading or shining?
Fading: 96% Shining: 4%
Total votes: 117,144
The people have spoken.
Why are you so threatened by what Justin Bieber does or doesn't do? He has to make a better translation to become an adult artist. It is like everybody wants to see him fail. But I think Justin is talented enough to pull it off. Of course, that doesn't mean that he can't get harsh criticism. People in show business should expect it. It is part of the program. Justin should just ignore it and entertain his core audience.

Schenectady, NY

#10480 Mar 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Butt boy Bieber's Portugal show cancelled due to soft ticket sales.
If he was so good, he'd have sold out.
Like Elvis The Concert did. Elvis on video with his original band. Sold out.
WTF? A video selling out what? Last I knew, Elvis was dead unless it is Elvis Costello that you seem to be blabbering about. The Attractions sold out while Elvis Costello sang on video? Who cares?
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10481 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
WTF? A video selling out what? Last I knew, Elvis was dead unless it is Elvis Costello that you seem to be blabbering about. The Attractions sold out while Elvis Costello sang on video? Who cares?
Elvis The Concert, stupid.

Sold Out all through Asia, Australasia, Europe, North and South America.

A feat Butt Boy Bieber has not done, and will never do.

Schenectady, NY

#10482 Mar 11, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis The Concert, stupid.
Sold Out all through Asia, Australasia, Europe, North and South America.
A feat Butt Boy Bieber has not done, and will never do.
Interesting. It is really too soon to tell. King Justin is still young and has gotten his share of vicious put downs because of jealousy. He is living the dream of a famous pop star. If it ends, he'll still have his money. It shouldn't matter to him either way. A dead guy still selling out concerts is kind of sad, don't you think?
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10483 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
A dead guy still selling out concerts is kind of sad, don't you think?
Only for people like you, when your LIVE guy can't manage it.

Only Elvis can inspire such devotion, 35 years after death.

Butt Boy will be forgotten in a couple of years, just like Leif Garrett.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had May 26 Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... May 26 Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) May 26 Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May 10 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr '17 justicewell 1
Beatles Album Revolver Apr '17 Anonymous 1
News Beatlemania heads to JET Saturday night Apr '17 UK eh 1
More from around the web