150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12899 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

xxxxx

UK

#10438 Feb 27, 2013
RICK wrote:
HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,you're so lame you won't even give an answer to the question,you show your TRUE colors yet again,Queenie,what a wussie,I'll tell you the answer when you're man enough to give me a guess to the question,C'MON,LIMPDICK,AT LEAST GIVE US A GUESS,C'MON,LITTLE BABY,DON'T PUNK OUT ON US NOW,SEE YA' LOSER,HA HA HA.
Well done Rick.

xxxxx
Patrick

Springfield, NJ

#10439 Feb 27, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say he should be played more. He is NOT played nearly as often as artists who were less popular than he. All I am asking for is fairness. He is hardly EVER played.
As a recording artist, Presley’s accomplishments are unparalleled. He is believed to have sold more than one billion records worldwide, about 40 percent of those outside the U.S. Presley still appears to hold the largest number of gold, platinum, and multiplatinum certifications of any artist in history; as of While certainly other artists preceded him to the alter of rock & roll, he is indisputably its king.'2010, 151 different albums and singles. He remained an unmatched chart performer from the Seventies until the first decade of the 21st Century when, as the population of record buyers increased, the chart numbers of top sellers like Mariah Carey and Madonna began to challenge his. According to Billboard, Elvis had 149 charting pop singles: 114 Top 40, 40 Top Ten, and 18 Number Ones

rolling stone bio
( elvis has a 24 hour satellite radio channel )
Mj doesn't
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#10440 Feb 27, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
As a recording artist, Presley’s accomplishments are unparalleled. He is believed to have sold more than one billion records worldwide, about 40 percent of those outside the U.S. Presley still appears to hold the largest number of gold, platinum, and multiplatinum certifications of any artist in history; as of While certainly other artists preceded him to the alter of rock & roll, he is indisputably its king.'2010, 151 different albums and singles. He remained an unmatched chart performer from the Seventies until the first decade of the 21st Century when, as the population of record buyers increased, the chart numbers of top sellers like Mariah Carey and Madonna began to challenge his. According to Billboard, Elvis had 149 charting pop singles: 114 Top 40, 40 Top Ten, and 18 Number Ones
rolling stone bio
( elvis has a 24 hour satellite radio channel )
Mj doesn't
Yes I know about the 24 hour channel and there was also the "Elvis Only" hour here until recently.

The problem with those kind of shows is that only people who are ALREADY Elvis fans will listen. He needs exposure to the general public. And King Elvis is right in that it would be unreasonable to expect the "new music" stations to play him, but he should be getting his fare share of exposure on the "oldies" shows and he doesn't. Even young people and older people who are not yet Elvis fans or really haven't heard his music would be able to hear him and might become fans, if they ever HEARD him.
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#10441 Feb 27, 2013
RICK wrote:
Your last post in answer to me made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE,PECKER BREATH,BUT THEN AGAIN,NOTHING YOU SAY EVER DOES,ANYHOW.If you think you know a lot about Elvis then answer this question;what was the last of Elvis 31 movies as an actor to make it's broadcast American television debut,name the year and the network that aired it,BET YOU WON'T GET THIS QUESTION RIGHT,SEE YA' LOSER.
Rick I hope you haven't left the board because of King Elvis.

He can't help the way he is.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#10442 Feb 27, 2013
I am now declared King of the singing drunks. Elvis was the Pop King but since I've been a singing drunk for over 20 years I am now Elmer Jackson King of the singing drunks. The winos and skid row bums and all the hobos took a vote and decided that I am the chosen one yep. Now pass me that dang bottle.
patm

Long Beach, CA

#10443 Feb 28, 2013
Elvis has sold over a billion records look it up
Elmer Jackson

Renton, WA

#10444 Feb 28, 2013
Elmer has sold over 1000 singing drunk songs look it up.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10446 Mar 4, 2013
No,Lee,I'm still here and to the Austrailian Kangaroo banger,I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER,and I'll add another question to the first;which record company invented the gold record and which artist was the first ever recipient of a gold record,BETCHA' WON'T GET THIS ONE EITHER,MEDIA BROWNNOSER,I'll give the answer to both later but that first question is NOT in any Elvis trivia book,and Queenie not knowing it just underscores what a ignoramus he really is,but then again,I think everyone on this site pretty much has figured that one out LOOOOONNNNG AGO,peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10447 Mar 4, 2013
Thank you,xxxxx,it amazes me that this site can reach such faraway places like London,England,I've only seen this city in movies and in photographs,and from what I've seen it's an absolutely beautiful city,I hope to see it in person one day,peace to you.
xxxxx

London, UK

#10448 Mar 4, 2013
RICK wrote:
Thank you,xxxxx,it amazes me that this site can reach such faraway places like London,England,I've only seen this city in movies and in photographs,and from what I've seen it's an absolutely beautiful city,I hope to see it in person one day,peace to you.
That is alright Rich,

At first I thought you came from Scotland as we have a place in the Uk with the same name, I come from Manchester, have you heard of Manchester United football grounds? As a small child I lived near the grounds of the club and on match days you could hear the crowd's from my bed room window.

There is a place called Blackpool not that far from Manchester and they are holding an Elvis Presley competition this July, I think that Cody slaughter is going to it along with some other big names in the Elvis Presley world, look it up on the internet.

You will like some part of England and it is lovely in the summer, two years ago we had a big Elvis Presley concert in Manchester the world tour and Elvis Presley's old band played there my son took me to the show it was great

Hope the hear from you soon xxxxx
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10449 Mar 4, 2013
RICK wrote:
No,Lee,I'm still here and to the Austrailian Kangaroo banger,I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER,and I'll add another question to the first;which record company invented the gold record and which artist was the first ever recipient of a gold record,BETCHA' WON'T GET THIS ONE EITHER,MEDIA BROWNNOSER,I'll give the answer to both later but that first question is NOT in any Elvis trivia book,and Queenie not knowing it just underscores what a ignoramus he really is,but then again,I think everyone on this site pretty much has figured that one out LOOOOONNNNG AGO,peace out.
I see.

I have owned you every time, Nancy boy.

Now how about you STFU and post some links to show the anti-Elvis media "bias" you're always bleating about?
King Elvis

Dee Why, Australia

#10451 Mar 4, 2013
Oh, and by the way Dick, I'm still waiting all these MONTHS later for the dates for those extra two shows from 1976 you seem to believe exist.
Penny Lane

Milton Keynes, UK

#10454 Mar 7, 2013
John Lennon was theeeeeeee best singer of all time.
Penny Lane

Milton Keynes, UK

#10455 Mar 7, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That is alright Rich,
At first I thought you came from Scotland as we have a place in the Uk with the same name, I come from Manchester, have you heard of Manchester United football grounds? As a small child I lived near the grounds of the club and on match days you could hear the crowd's from my bed room window.
There is a place called Blackpool not that far from Manchester and they are holding an Elvis Presley competition this July, I think that Cody slaughter is going to it along with some other big names in the Elvis Presley world, look it up on the internet.
You will like some part of England and it is lovely in the summer, two years ago we had a big Elvis Presley concert in Manchester the world tour and Elvis Presley's old band played there my son took me to the show it was great
Hope the hear from you soon xxxxx
Hiah. I'm from Liverpool. My mate's mam had a funny SOH coz her surname was Field and she called my friend Ann. Like my mam had a funny SOH coz she called me Penelope and my surname's Lane. Penny Lane. My man was a total Beatles addict and she passed it onto me and now I'm passing it onto my own kids. You can't live in L'pool and not be proud of them boys. They set the world on fire.

Beatles first
Elvis second
Michael Jackson last.
xxxxx

UK

#10456 Mar 7, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiah. I'm from Liverpool. My mate's mam had a funny SOH coz her surname was Field and she called my friend Ann. Like my mam had a funny SOH coz she called me Penelope and my surname's Lane. Penny Lane. My man was a total Beatles addict and she passed it onto me and now I'm passing it onto my own kids. You can't live in L'pool and not be proud of them boys. They set the world on fire.
Beatles first
Elvis second
Michael Jackson last.
I like you already Penny Lane,

The Beatle were my first choice when I was a teenager in the 60s
Penny Lane

Milton Keynes, UK

#10458 Mar 7, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you already Penny Lane,
The Beatle were my first choice when I was a teenager in the 60s
Thanx! I like people who make fast decisions. My mam was a teenager in the 60s and she always says that those were great times to grow up in L'pool coz the music scene was so buzzing. The old Cavern's gone now but she held onto her tickets and stuff so we got boxes of different things at home from back in the day. She was lucky because she knew the boys because they hung out together and all so she's got some great stories that she shares with us. I'd of loved to have been around back then because the way she tells it it was a real buzz.
xxxxx

UK

#10459 Mar 7, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx! I like people who make fast decisions. My mam was a teenager in the 60s and she always says that those were great times to grow up in L'pool coz the music scene was so buzzing. The old Cavern's gone now but she held onto her tickets and stuff so we got boxes of different things at home from back in the day. She was lucky because she knew the boys because they hung out together and all so she's got some great stories that she shares with us. I'd of loved to have been around back then because the way she tells it it was a real buzz.
Please do share your stories with us, I like to hear other people's stories your mother is right about the 60s it was the best time of my life I lived my life to the max and I keep telling my grown up sons the same as your mother, the freedom to be a teenager at that time, to go to the pub and to drink other times goto dance's with my friends and meet other people my age and older
I wish a time machine could take me back to the mid 60s in England again I would not change a thing.
Chris

United States

#10460 Mar 7, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
John Lennon was theeeeeeee best singer of all time.
I whole heartedly agree. I like a lot of other singers including the other 3 Beatles, but noone can hold a candle to Mr. Lennon.
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

#10461 Mar 7, 2013
Penny Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
It would of been so cool to have hung out where the Beatles played back then. The cavern was where they became polished and I bet it was very exciting to see the young Beatles in a night club before they became super stars.Your Mom sounds cool.Beatles will always be my favorite band I grew up with the Beatles and Stones and the whole British invation. the music was great and still is.
Penny Lane

Milton Keynes, UK

#10462 Mar 8, 2013
xxxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do share your stories with us, I like to hear other people's stories your mother is right about the 60s it was the best time of my life I lived my life to the max and I keep telling my grown up sons the same as your mother, the freedom to be a teenager at that time, to go to the pub and to drink other times goto dance's with my friends and meet other people my age and older
I wish a time machine could take me back to the mid 60s in England again I would not change a thing.
Well me mam had an older brother called Terry and he was bezzies with a gang of boys and Pete Best was one of them. Course he wasn't in The Beatles for long but back in the early days he was there so they used to hang out together at me nan's house and in Pete's mam's cafe. They was just a gang of friends hanging about the streets of Liverpool.

Me mam always told us about how she came home one day and uncle Tez was there in the lounge room with Pete and another boy and me mam said he was a right looker. Anyway the story goes that mam walked in and looked at this boy and she coloured up bright pink coz she fancied the looks of him straight away. Uncle Tez and Pete started ribbing her coz it was so obvious so she went even more pink. Then the new guy saw what they was doing and he started to go pink too so they started ribbing him aswell. Me mam couldn't look him in the eye so she ran upstairs to her bedroom ashamed. Later on when they was having supper my mam said to Tez 'who was the new boy' and he said 'oh that's just Stu. He's in the band'.
After that he called sometimes and me mam said he was special in a quiet way coz when they was all horsing around he'd be sat there quiet just thinking. She really liked him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun 16 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
News Mourners pay tribute to Judge Barron (Dec '08) May 30 In the know 14
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had May '17 Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... May '17 Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) May '17 Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May '17 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr '17 justicewell 1
More from around the web