150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments
10,081 - 10,100 of 12,755 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10401 Feb 20, 2013
Queen Elvis,you rambling kangaroo banging asswipe,you show your complete stupidity and sheer moronic idiocy yet again,Elvis shouldn't played on today's radio,WHAT AN ASSENINE STATEMENT,BUT COMING FROM A STUPID,IGNORANT MEDIA ASSKISSER LIKE YOU,THAT FIGURES.Elvis's great music SHOULD GET A LOT MORE AIRPLAY THAN IT DOES.Do you think that today's artists measure up to the greatest recording artist of all time,do you think Britney Spears,or Beyonce,or Adele,or Usher compare to Elvis,if you think so then something is SERIOUSLY wrong with you,dillhole.Elvis didn't need 50 dancers dancing behind him to make his show interesting,Elvis held his audiences ALL BY HIMSELF because Elvis was a TRUE superstar,AND TRUE SUPERSTARS DON'T NEED GIMMICKS,NIMROD,UNLIKE TODAY'S ARTISTS,WHEN ANY OF THESE ARTISTS SELL OVER A BILLION RECORDS AND CONTINUE TO SELL LONG AFTER THEY'VE PASSED,THEN GET BACK TO ME,YOU STUPID FOOL,SEE YA'.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10402 Feb 20, 2013
RICK wrote:
Queen Elvis,you rambling kangaroo banging asswipe,you show your complete stupidity and sheer moronic idiocy yet again,Elvis shouldn't played on today's radio,WHAT AN ASSENINE STATEMENT,BUT COMING FROM A STUPID,IGNORANT MEDIA ASSKISSER LIKE YOU,THAT FIGURES.Elvis's great music SHOULD GET A LOT MORE AIRPLAY THAN IT DOES.Do you think that today's artists measure up to the greatest recording artist of all time,do you think Britney Spears,or Beyonce,or Adele,or Usher compare to Elvis,if you think so then something is SERIOUSLY wrong with you,dillhole.Elvis didn't need 50 dancers dancing behind him to make his show interesting,Elvis held his audiences ALL BY HIMSELF because Elvis was a TRUE superstar,AND TRUE SUPERSTARS DON'T NEED GIMMICKS,NIMROD,UNLIKE TODAY'S ARTISTS,WHEN ANY OF THESE ARTISTS SELL OVER A BILLION RECORDS AND CONTINUE TO SELL LONG AFTER THEY'VE PASSED,THEN GET BACK TO ME,YOU STUPID FOOL,SEE YA'.
Yaaaawn.

Another positively scintillating post from you.

Rick the dick ... the answer to a question nobody asked.

Got those links yet for the media bias against Elvis?

Nope, didn't think so.

Owned again, silly little girl.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10403 Feb 20, 2013
RICK wrote:
Rick you are right a good artist like John Fogerty doesn't need 50 dancers behind him to put on a good show. I watched Beyonce this year at super bowl. What a bunch of hype. I think Elvis should get more airplay on the oldies and on classic rock stations because his music just like the Beatles is classic and millions still enjoy hearing it played.I'd be disappointed if they never played Roy Orbison or Johnny Rivers . Today the music is all hype and choreography not really about the artist playing the hell out of a guitar or singing with a few back up singers and sounding great.Elvis and Lennon are a couple of the highest earning dead superstars.Both have done better than jivey MJ.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#10404 Feb 20, 2013
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, am I with you on that one, Len! The rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer - the gap is widening. And the middle class are paying for all of it! But, don't get me started....:-)
I fully understand. I tend to get on my soapbox when it comes to the rich not paying their fair share of taxes and the manner in which the banks robbed the Treasury.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#10405 Feb 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were in a coma during George Dubya's years in office?
Hope you're feeling better then ...
When George Dubya was in office, I told somebody I never thought I'd see the day Richard Nixon's presidency actually looked good.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

#10406 Feb 20, 2013
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank the heavens for music! It helps us to forget about our problems and how messed up the world is and brings a smile to our faces. Where would we be without it, right?
I always did like William Congreve's quote, "Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast." Of course, I also like the misquote, which is "music soothes the savage beast."
Bubba

Everett, WA

#10407 Feb 20, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
When George Dubya was in office, I told somebody I never thought I'd see the day Richard Nixon's presidency actually looked good.
That's funny Len.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#10408 Feb 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis IS popular, you moron, and still earns millions each year: 60 million in 2012 alone.
600,000 visit Graceland every year.
The most popular musical icon in history.
Elvis will not - and SHOULD NOT - be played on today's radio, aside from oldies stations.
It's 2013, the era does not belong to him and his colleagues.
You're such a hypocrite ... you won't go to Graceland or buy CDs because it puts money into the hands of EPE. And what exactly are YOU doing to perpetuate his legacy then?
Answer: sweet fck all!
King Elvis, I am only ASKING for the oldies stations!! My complaint is that he does NOT get played on the oldies stations or very seldom! The oldies stations give much more play to artists who were not nearly as big as Elvis was!!

I know that it would be unrealistic to expect them to play him on the new music stations. Besides he might catch something from some of the other music on the station!!

I do buy the CDs, but I much prefer the old vinyl records. Because like, if you buy a CD that is supposed to be the "Flaming Star" (just an example) album, it doesn't always have the same songs on it that the original vinyl record had on it.

As for visiting Graceland, I still resent the money that goes to the Presley women, but I may go next year. Last year I really felt the need to be around other Elvis fans.

If Elvis just got his fair share of play on the oldies stations, he would gather NEW fans. But since he does not, the public does not get a chance to hear him. Yes, an occasional special, but that is all.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10409 Feb 21, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>King Elvis, I am only ASKING for the oldies stations!! My complaint is that he does NOT get played on the oldies stations or very seldom! The oldies stations give much more play to artists who were not nearly as big as Elvis was!!
You're quite wrong, because your ears are set to listen for Elvis.

Oldies stations, here and in the US, play Elvis along with others form his era.

Why should Elvis be played more than other artists on oldies stations anyway?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10410 Feb 21, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree with you Octo. Welfare seems to breed Welfare. Lots of losers on Welfare. Lots of people on Welfare that haven't even been in our country for more than two years. It seems an easy handout for many who don't deserve it. Obama hasn't got any control with spending tax payers money. In 4 years many will change their opinion of his crappy way of getting things done.IO don't know if Romney would of been better but I do know he couldn't of done any worse than the joker we now have for a President. Obama sucks and I don't care who says he's good. Reality is everything has gone up thanks to his stupid ways of digging us deeper into debt.Any way I hope some good new music comes out this year to help us forget about the mess we have with Obama being in charge the last 4 years and the next 4 years.
Welfare was supposed to have been limited by Clinton in the 90's.

I'm not sure what happened with that.

It shouldn't be a life long thing and people should be working.

Welfare is abused by many that simply do not want to work.

But a person that is truly disabled would actually need it.

They should figure out a way to make sure people can work or not.

The real problem is congress and special interest groups.

A lot of waste of tax payer money goes right into their pockets.

They give themselves raises and extra benefits.

Congress is barely in session.

Congress needs a complete overhaul but Obama is making it worse.

My dog would make a better president than Obama.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10411 Feb 21, 2013
Enough dang politics ... come on, get Elvis back here!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10412 Feb 21, 2013
Thank you ,Bubba,for your support and your eloquent comments are right on the money,as usual,SOMEONE HAS TO PUT THAT BLITHERING IDIOT IN LINE AND SET HIM STRAIGHT,AND I GUESS I'M THE GUY TO DO IT,peace to you and the other fine people on this site.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#10414 Feb 21, 2013
Elmer Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Yep enough politics. Elvis isn't available at the moment but how about some Elmer. You know I'm almost famous and best dang singing drunk you'll ever hear.
Elmer! Elmer! Elmer! Elmer!
King Elvis

Doonside, Australia

#10418 Feb 21, 2013
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

This is an Elvis/Beatles forum, dickhead, so unless you have something to say about either of them, disappear back under your rock.
King Elvis

Doonside, Australia

#10419 Feb 21, 2013
RICK wrote:
Thank you ,Bubba,for your support and your eloquent comments are right on the money,as usual,SOMEONE HAS TO PUT THAT BLITHERING IDIOT IN LINE AND SET HIM STRAIGHT,AND I GUESS I'M THE GUY TO DO IT,peace to you and the other fine people on this site.
Bubba said: "I think Elvis should get more airplay on the oldies and on classic rock stations".

What part of OLDIES AND CLASSIC ROCK STATIONS did you miss there, Nancy?

Setting me straight? You couldn't set a fcking slide rule.

Owned again, btch.
Elmer Jackson

Kenmore, WA

#10420 Feb 21, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Elmer! Elmer! Elmer! Elmer!
You know I can be found being the most intoxicated guy around
Please don't mess around-With a drunk and his booze-Don't be fooled by a heart that's boozed. I don't need no other brothers-I don't need any cops-Come on over here and hug me but don't grab my crotch-
Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen.
King Elvis

Doonside, Australia

#10421 Feb 21, 2013
See how your posts have been removed, Besara?

Don't bother posting here again.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#10423 Feb 21, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite wrong, because your ears are set to listen for Elvis.
Oldies stations, here and in the US, play Elvis along with others form his era.
Why should Elvis be played more than other artists on oldies stations anyway?
I didn't say he should be played more. He is NOT played nearly as often as artists who were less popular than he. All I am asking for is fairness. He is hardly EVER played.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10431 Feb 25, 2013
Your last post in answer to me made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE,PECKER BREATH,BUT THEN AGAIN,NOTHING YOU SAY EVER DOES,ANYHOW.If you think you know a lot about Elvis then answer this question;what was the last of Elvis 31 movies as an actor to make it's broadcast American television debut,name the year and the network that aired it,BET YOU WON'T GET THIS QUESTION RIGHT,SEE YA' LOSER.
King Elvis

Doonside, Australia

#10432 Feb 25, 2013
RICK wrote:
Your last post in answer to me made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE,PECKER BREATH,BUT THEN AGAIN,NOTHING YOU SAY EVER DOES,ANYHOW.If you think you know a lot about Elvis then answer this question;what was the last of Elvis 31 movies as an actor to make it's broadcast American television debut,name the year and the network that aired it,BET YOU WON'T GET THIS QUESTION RIGHT,SEE YA' LOSER.
Oh, so you're back to you old form again, huh Dick? So frustrated with my owning you every time that you're resorting to this?

Still waiting on that media bias info from you: actual examples, some of which you've provided here at Topix (pffft, yeah sure!)

I couldn't give a fck what Elvis movie was the last to make its broadcast US TV debut. Let's see, the answer is: whatever it says in that reference book you're so fond of looking up, how about that?

No matter what answer I give, you'd complain it wasn't right.

And my last post wasn't to you, Einstein.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanks to Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off," Super-... Sat I HATE New Days 1
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... Fri goodvibrations 1
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Aug 29 Nave Spelled Back... 20
The Walrus Was Wrong; Paul is Alive and Well Aug 26 Kid_Tomorrow 2
The year after the Beatles met E Aug 22 ElvisGirl1970 173
Beatles Las Vegas Aug 20, 1964 (Jan '06) Aug 20 Greg 32
Women of the Beatles Aug 19 Greg 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000