150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12902 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Lee

Burbank, CA

#10319 Feb 18, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? SO when businesses that have to pay the 9$/hour wage increase their price it won't affect the very people that it is supposed to help?
Evidence has shown otherwise.
Minimum wage was never intended to be a sustainable wage.
<quoted text>
Possibly. And as such it hurts those workers looking for those minimum wage jobs. So how were they helped by increasing the minimum wage?
And for those that do business with those businesses that pay those minimum wages, they're going to see an increase in their costs.
<quoted text>Really? What kind of incentives get people off welfare? When people are essentially paid to do nothing, what will motivate them to do otherwise? Who pays for these incentives you speak of?
People on welfare are not "motivated to do nothing". Who is going to be motivated to live on 400 dollars a month? It is not enough to rent the cheapest room in town, much less to pay for food, AND look for a job.

The reason, I think, that people stay on welfare for a long time is because once you have been unemployed for months, or a year, or more, even years, you have a big gap in your work record. No one will hire you then. Once you get without references, you are dog meat.

The government gives employers benefits for hiring minorities, women, ex-cons, etc. The government needs to give them something for hiring people who's references have run out, or who have no other negatives but have just been unemployed for a long time.

That gap in the work record is what is keeping people on welfare over the long periods. It's not that they are living it up on the meager money that they get from welfare.

ononothimagin

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10320 Feb 18, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Capitalism ever say that?
<quoted text>
Provided for? Ever hear of "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."?
Where is it stated that the government is to provide to people their sustenance?
<quoted text>Which is exactly what welfare does. It has all but emasculated the black male. it has told his girlfriend that it is better if they don't marry, she has more babies and that he has no place in her life because Uncle Sugar will take care of her in the form of a monthly welfare check.
Well, "provide" was the wrong word. I'm not talking about Capitalism as Welfare. Capitalism was originally a system that ensured people that were willing to work hard would be given loans to buy a house and would have a shot at the "pursuit of happiness.

You're right, the pursuit of happiness is exactly that, a pursuit, not a right. I'm just saying that Capitalism used to favor the working man more than it doesn't now.

ononothimagin

Location hidden

#10321 Feb 18, 2013
more than it "does" now.

ononothimagin

Location hidden

#10322 Feb 18, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>People on welfare are not "motivated to do nothing". Who is going to be motivated to live on 400 dollars a month? It is not enough to rent the cheapest room in town, much less to pay for food, AND look for a job.
The reason, I think, that people stay on welfare for a long time is because once you have been unemployed for months, or a year, or more, even years, you have a big gap in your work record. No one will hire you then. Once you get without references, you are dog meat.
The government gives employers benefits for hiring minorities, women, ex-cons, etc. The government needs to give them something for hiring people who's references have run out, or who have no other negatives but have just been unemployed for a long time.
That gap in the work record is what is keeping people on welfare over the long periods. It's not that they are living it up on the meager money that they get from welfare.
I agree. I know I'm putting myself out on a limb here, but it's my contention that feminism is responsible for many of the problems we face today.

It's like Capitalism, it started out as a good idea, with the best intentions but ended up getting corrupted by selfish people. Now it's a mess and we need to start over.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10323 Feb 18, 2013
I've read some of your posts,Lee,and you're right on the money about Elvis not even being played much on oldies stations,it' the same situation here in Chicago[or should I say Shit-cago].Theres only one real oldies station and his music isn't played much at all,but they have a `Beatle break',ughhh,but you know what,Lee,as Octo said on one of his posts,sometimes NOT being overplayed on the radio is GOOD thing,AND EARTH TO QUEEN ELVIS,YOU'RE NONSENSICAL RAMBLINGS ABOUT AMERICAN POLITICS IS BORINNNNNNNNGGGG,SO GO BOX WITH A KANGAROO,OR BETTER YET[FOR YOU ANYWAY]GO HAVE SEX WITH ONE,BUT THEN AGAIN,YOU PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE,SEE YA',LOSER.

ononothimagin

Location hidden

#10324 Feb 18, 2013
You can't have a movement that labels themselves "the superior sex" and expect good results.

ononothimagin

Location hidden

#10325 Feb 18, 2013
If we can't come up with a movement that involves people working together to make this world a better place for EVERYONE,(not just for one sex or race) then we're doomed.

Considering it has never happened, I have my doubts.

One thing is clear, national policies that benefit the rich or only apply to a select group of people is what has gotten us in to this mess in the first place.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#10326 Feb 18, 2013
ononothimagin wrote:
If we can't come up with a movement that involves people working together to make this world a better place for EVERYONE,(not just for one sex or race) then we're doomed.
people is what has gotten us in to this mess in the first place.
Another worldly observation from Professor Pat Answers. You're the ponderous creep whom everyone avoids at parties, aren't you, daddy?
Chris

United States

#10327 Feb 18, 2013
jim - wrote:
Actually Octo Obama doesn't suck!! He is a champion for the under privalaged ,the poor who don't have a voice,(powerful represenitive's in washington) like the rich do.Powerful lobbyist for big business ,oil company's ,rich have plenty of pull to gat what they want. The poor only have a vote and leaders who feel empathy for them.
Boy you believe anything the media & the president tell you. Don't kid yourself. all politicans including the president get money from rich people . If the president really cared about poor people he would put them back to work not make them more. dependent on the government .
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10328 Feb 18, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>Boy you believe anything the media & the president tell you. Don't kid yourself. all politicans including the president get money from rich people . If the president really cared about poor people he would put them back to work not make them more. dependent on the government .
Chris when Jimmy Carter was President he created CETA which was certified employment training act. It got people jobs and gave the employers a tax break for hiring them and training them. Obama needs to do something like that.Raising minimum wages helps very little. Washington State where I live has the highest minimum wage and it takes two or three people making minimum wage to rent an apartment.They need to revize Welware and train those who want training and make them work if they are able. I'd rather see them picking up litter along the highways instead of people in jail on work release.Only disabled and mentally challenged should be on Welfare if they are young and able to work then they need to find ways to get the lazy ones off of Welfare. Some don't work because they choose to be lazy and dependent on Welfare and handouts.Others have no choice like the elderly or disabled vets.

“Meow!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#10329 Feb 18, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Chris when Jimmy Carter was President he created CETA which was certified employment training act. It got people jobs and gave the employers a tax break for hiring them and training them. Obama needs to do something like that.Raising minimum wages helps very little. Washington State where I live has the highest minimum wage and it takes two or three people making minimum wage to rent an apartment.They need to revize Welware and train those who want training and make them work if they are able. I'd rather see them picking up litter along the highways instead of people in jail on work release.Only disabled and mentally challenged should be on Welfare if they are young and able to work then they need to find ways to get the lazy ones off of Welfare. Some don't work because they choose to be lazy and dependent on Welfare and handouts.Others have no choice like the elderly or disabled vets.
I agree. Raising the minimum wage only serves to increase the prices of everything else for consumers. The welfare system should be a hand up and not a hand out to those who really need it
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10330 Feb 18, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but at least the white folks civilized them to some extent. They taught them Christianity and took them out of their pagan religions. I know that's its not popular to say this, but I think that's a good thing. They were into all kinds of blood ceremonies, and animal abuse, and the Christianity lifted them from that to SOME extent. My ancestors on my mother's side were Indian and believe me, I am glad my white forfathers on the other side did what they did.
You disgusting pig.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10331 Feb 18, 2013
ononothimagin wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I know I'm putting myself out on a limb here, but it's my contention that feminism is responsible for many of the problems we face today.
Let me guess: you're a bitter man who was hurt by a woman.

Suck it up.

Stop blaming women and feminism for the state of the world today.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10332 Feb 18, 2013
RICK wrote:
I've read some of your posts,Lee,and you're right on the money about Elvis not even being played much on oldies stations,it' the same situation here in Chicago[or should I say Shit-cago].Theres only one real oldies station and his music isn't played much at all,but they have a `Beatle break',ughhh,but you know what,Lee,as Octo said on one of his posts,sometimes NOT being overplayed on the radio is GOOD thing,AND EARTH TO QUEEN ELVIS,YOU'RE NONSENSICAL RAMBLINGS ABOUT AMERICAN POLITICS IS BORINNNNNNNNGGGG,SO GO BOX WITH A KANGAROO,OR BETTER YET[FOR YOU ANYWAY]GO HAVE SEX WITH ONE,BUT THEN AGAIN,YOU PROBABLY ALREADY HAVE,SEE YA',LOSER.
Wrong again, Dick.

I was in Chicago only quite recently, and heard Elvis twice a day for all three days.

"Real Oldies 1690."

And so the radio station had a Beatles break, did it?

Yeah, so?

And stop SHOUTING, boy. Making your opinions louder won't make them any less worthless.

PS - Still iwaing on your examples of media bias ... or are you gonna post another rant like the little bitch you are?
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10333 Feb 18, 2013
ononothimagin wrote:
You can't have a movement that labels themselves "the superior sex" and expect good results.
Bitter little man.

Get over whatever woman hurt you, and stop blaming women for your troubles, Nancy.

Oh, and just FYI: the world was fcked up for years after men thought THEY were superior, so your opinion is moot.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10334 Feb 18, 2013
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Raising the minimum wage only serves to increase the prices of everything else for consumers. The welfare system should be a hand up and not a hand out to those who really need it
Correct.

But your pathetic US minimum wage of $7.25 an hour is clearly NOT enough.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10335 Feb 18, 2013
And we mustn't forget WGTO and BigOldies Radio in Chicago too, Dick.

You fail again.

ononothimagin

Location hidden

#10336 Feb 18, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Another worldly observation from Professor Pat Answers. You're the ponderous creep whom everyone avoids at parties, aren't you, daddy?
You and Inda have a better solution than "we need to work together to make the world a better place for everyone," I'd love to hear it.

Or perhaps you're just amusing yourself by struttin' yer badass `tude again.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10337 Feb 18, 2013
I like to be optimistic and then I realize we're all pretty much f%#ked . This is forum is good example !0=

ononothimagin

Location hidden

#10338 Feb 18, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess: you're a bitter man who was hurt by a woman.
Suck it up.
Stop blaming women and feminism for the state of the world today.
Hardly. My mother and father raised my siblings and me and stayed together until the day they died.

I've been married twice and stayed by my first wife's bedside until the day she died.

My life has been blessed with kind, courageous women that embodied the progressive women’s movement but still knew that children need a father and mother to raise them properly.

The women that are helping send society down the tubes are women that got the message that a child doesn’t need a father. As a result, they’ve raised a bunch of slackers. They don’t want to work hard given them whatever they demanded. Because Mom was too busy being their “friend” and too afraid to discipline them, now they think they can argue until they get their way and it’s all about them and their “feelings.”

People that are totally out of sync with the hardships we face. We need people that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and do what needs to be done! Not spoiled brats that think the world owes them something!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beatles statues are tons of fun except for one ... Oct 11 Paul McFartney 3
new george martin interview he apologizes to p... (Feb '08) Sep '17 macca 20
Samples Aug '17 djhope 1
News Radio Faces Big Test In Pennsylvania That Will ... Aug '17 Hair Nation 2
Earliest/Rarest!! This is a DIFFICULT questio... Aug '17 merseymale 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 3
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
More from around the web