150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Lee

Burbank, CA

#10164 Feb 15, 2013
jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be convicted by jury of public opinion and be 1st to go!
Maybe you're right!

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#10165 Feb 15, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you're right!
There ain't no "maybe" about it.
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#10166 Feb 15, 2013
jim - wrote:
http://youtu.be/H9oXkxPxxhY
Merle Haggard-Tonight the bottle let me down
Yep nobody can sing em like Merle. He is a legend of country sad songs.
Poppa Jivebones

Renton, WA

#10167 Feb 15, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>KEarth 101 in L.A. is the manor oldies station here, and they virtually never play him. When they do, it is only a handful of his songs. I called once, and they said they didn't even have any more.
Elvis is only played on oldies stations. I never hear him on classic rock stations.I don't think the media is biased against him at all.He just is reguarded as a oldies act from the 50's but he is still huge

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10168 Feb 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't very long after WoodStock that the Kent State Ohio shooting happened. Crosby,Stills,and Nash wrote that song about it. Lennon has an album called Sometimes in New York City it's very powerful with messages about Nixon and Chairman Mao and John Sinclair who was put in prison for having a little weed back then.Lennon was a bit radical but he had good reasons for his beliefs. Hippies started a new awareness not just getting high on drugs like some would think.The worse part of the 70's was when disco came on the sceen I hated it and still do.
Bill Clinton had Waco Texas under his clock, Bubba.

I'm sick of the Richard Nixon bashing. The dude is dead.

He wasn't any worse than any of the others, really.

Nixon stepped down from his office and Ford became president.

The Watergate thing and anti war protest was the sign of the times.

By the mid seventies, it was in the past.

Hippies were not taken seriously because of the drugs, Bubba.

Location hidden

#10169 Feb 15, 2013
Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Elvis is only played on oldies stations. I never hear him on classic rock stations.I don't think the media is biased against him at all.He just is reguarded as a oldies act from the 50's but he is still huge
I've heard Elvis on soft rock stations.

"Suspicious Minds"
"In The Ghetto"
"Kentucky Rain"
"Burning Love"

I was in a store recently and "Suspicious Minds" came on.

Then they played "I Just Want To Be Your Everything" by Andy Gibb.

Location hidden

#10170 Feb 15, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>KEarth 101 in L.A. is the manor oldies station here, and they virtually never play him. When they do, it is only a handful of his songs. I called once, and they said they didn't even have any more.
Elvis doesn't need radio play but he still gets played.

If a disc jockey does not like Elvis, they don't play him.

It is like Living Color's "Elvis Is Dead" song in 1988.

That is ironic, isn't it?

Where is that band today?

D.E.A.D
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10171 Feb 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton had Waco Texas under his clock, Bubba.
Nixon stepped down from his office and Ford became president.
The Watergate thing and anti war protest was the sign of the times.
By the mid seventies, it was in the past.
Hippies were not taken seriously because of the drugs, Bubba.
Let me inform you on a few things Octo. It was the Dyke Janet Reno that gave the go ahead for the Army of Police to kills everyone at Waco including the innocent kids too. Nixon was a Dick and like Johnson a real bad President. The drug thing you say. Well it was mild compared to the drug sceen now with meth and crack and other desingner street toxic drugs. Hippies had the right idea to protest bullshiy and if you think the were not taken serious then why Did dickhead Nixon have Lennon's phone tapped? Why was Lennon gunned down? Clinton wan't the best but he sure beats the Muslim Obama any given day. As far as anti war many people who want peace are still anti war including myself. Your narrow minded view is not taken serious Octo.

KELOWNA

#10172 Feb 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>

Nixon stepped down from his office
LOL...that's a polite way to put it...

"I am not a crook".....

KELOWNA

#10173 Feb 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Clinton wan't the best but he sure beats the Muslim Obama any given day..
You were doing pretty well up until that sentence, then you destroyed your last ounce of credibility....Oh Well!!
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#10174 Feb 15, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>You were doing pretty well up until that sentence, then you destroyed your last ounce of credibility....Oh Well!!
I take you like Obama the lying jiveass.Your credibility is worth about a quarter

KELOWNA

#10175 Feb 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is like Living Color's "Elvis Is Dead" song in 1988.
I don't like to question you when it comes to anything to do with music (I know how upset you get), but wasn't that from a 1990 album, my copy is dated as such???
Don't worry about thanking me...

Location hidden

#10176 Feb 15, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like to question you when it comes to anything to do with music (I know how upset you get), but wasn't that from a 1990 album, my copy is dated as such???
Don't worry about thanking me...
Whatever.

Who cares?

They had one big hit called, "Cult Of Personality"

Where are they now?

See the point?

Location hidden

#10177 Feb 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Let me inform you on a few things Octo. It was the Dyke Janet Reno that gave the go ahead for the Army of Police to kills everyone at Waco including the innocent kids too. Nixon was a Dick and like Johnson a real bad President. The drug thing you say. Well it was mild compared to the drug sceen now with meth and crack and other desingner street toxic drugs. Hippies had the right idea to protest bullshiy and if you think the were not taken serious then why Did dickhead Nixon have Lennon's phone tapped? Why was Lennon gunned down? Clinton wan't the best but he sure beats the Muslim Obama any given day. As far as anti war many people who want peace are still anti war including myself. Your narrow minded view is not taken serious Octo.
Bill Clinton gave the dyke, Janet Reno that power.

All Nixon did was wire tap into the Democratic party headquarters.

He may have not given John Lennon a green card. Big deal.

You know that MDC had nothing to do Richard Nixon.

Mark David Chapman was a Beatles fan. Where was the peace and love?

I'm against war but sometimes it happens.

Location hidden

#10178 Feb 15, 2013
dolbyscat wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...that's a polite way to put it...
"I am not a crook".....
Richard Nixon stepped down when he was caught.

Bill Clinton lied under oath about his sexual affair.

But he still lied.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10179 Feb 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Let me inform you on a few things Octo. It was the Dyke Janet Reno that gave the go ahead for the Army of Police to kills everyone at Waco including the innocent kids too. Nixon was a Dick and like Johnson a real bad President. The drug thing you say. Well it was mild compared to the drug sceen now with meth and crack and other desingner street toxic drugs. Hippies had the right idea to protest bullshiy and if you think the were not taken serious then why Did dickhead Nixon have Lennon's phone tapped? Why was Lennon gunned down? Clinton wan't the best but he sure beats the Muslim Obama any given day. As far as anti war many people who want peace are still anti war including myself. Your narrow minded view is not taken serious Octo.
What's Janet Reno's alleged sexuality got to do with anything.

Lennon was gunned down because of one crazed lunatic.

And Obama isn't a Muslim, you idiot.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10180 Feb 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
George Dubya was the worst president in living memory, and hands down the worst ever.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#10181 Feb 15, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Janet Reno's alleged sexuality got to do with anything.
Lennon was gunned down because of one crazed lunatic.
And Obama isn't a Muslim, you idiot.
No the idiot is you for being so naive. Obama is nothing but a damn liar. He may say he's a Christian but he is a halfassed Muslim his name is Muslim he bows down to Muslims you fool.

KELOWNA

#10182 Feb 15, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>I take you like Obama the lying jiveass.Your credibility is worth about a quarter
I will only say that I don't dislike him, he's no better or worse than the rest. I do find that your bigotry is shining thru though Buubbaa!!
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#10183 Feb 15, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard Nixon stepped down when he was caught.
Bill Clinton lied under oath about his sexual affair.
But he still lied.
He was Pardoned by Ford it was all pre arranged so he wouldn't look like the crook he was.He was totally in favor of the Viet Nam war because he was probably making money from it some how.Clinton had an affair so what Kennedy and several others did the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll The Beatles VS. Elton John 7 hr Nergdnur Ddot 1
News Keith Richards criticises The Beatles as a live... Jul 19 Greg 1
Dr BLT's Song Sequel to LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DI... Jul 17 Bruce 1
Blackbird lands on Bourée E minor Jul 17 Enortec the observer 3
News Bryan Adams rocks the Greek on his way to Irvine Jul 13 t adams 1
Starr is shining Jul 7 Greg 1
For your eyes only (Feb '15) May '16 Little monster 42
More from around the web