150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 Full story: talk.livedaily.com 12,779

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Full Story

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10144 Feb 14, 2013
ooooh... its getting nasty!=0

Location hidden

#10145 Feb 14, 2013
http://youtu.be/fbEstJ98TcM
Working Man Blues-Merle Haggard
Merle back in his younger days on Austin City Limits.
Time for me to go to work~
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#10146 Feb 14, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents were married young in 1962 to get away from their folks.
They were a few years older than the hippie scene of that era.
They divorced in 1972 and they were dating others in that period.
It was the seventies when they were really into having fun.
Anyway, music had powerful messages but it begun to soften up.
They totally missed out on the British Invasion scene.
Neither of them ever had interest in that kind of music.
It wasn't very long after WoodStock that the Kent State Ohio shooting happened. Crosby,Stills,and Nash wrote that song about it. Lennon has an album called Sometimes in New York City it's very powerful with messages about Nixon and Chairman Mao and John Sinclair who was put in prison for having a little weed back then.Lennon was a bit radical but he had good reasons for his beliefs. Hippies started a new awareness not just getting high on drugs like some would think.The worse part of the 70's was when disco came on the sceen I hated it and still do.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10147 Feb 14, 2013
RICK wrote:
You really are a piece of work,Queen Elvis,I've given one example on top of another of how the media dislikes and in some quarters even HATES Elvis,
Hey everyone, check it out. Rick the DICK, lying through his fat ass again.

Hmm, well DICK, since you say "one example on top of another", I'm sure it will be easy to flick back through this thread and give us the post numbers so we can all check 'em out.

Your claims of media bias against Elvis have been disproven by me time and time again (my Rolling Stone direct quotes post being the last time).

Funny how you never respond to those posts, except to whine like the paranoid little bitch you are.

So let me ask you - for about the 7th time - post a link to anything that shows your so-called -counterculture" has a bias against Elvis.

Anything at all, Dick. Oh, and one poor review from some mag won't count.

Your claim of bias is simply not true, and you don;t even have the balls to ever back up your claims.

Once again, bitch, you've been owned.

Now, go play with the other kids, and leave us grown ups to talk.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#10148 Feb 14, 2013
What a pathetic nimrod you are,Queenie,seems like the things I say continue to touch a nerve with you,many people on this site agree with the things I say,INTELLIGENT PEOPLE,like Octopus Brain,Patrick,Bubba and others,AND THEN,THERE ARE DUMMIES LIKE YOU,need I say more,I think not,see ya'.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10149 Feb 14, 2013
RICK wrote:
What a pathetic nimrod you are,Queenie,seems like the things I say continue to touch a nerve with you,many people on this site agree with the things I say,INTELLIGENT PEOPLE,like Octopus Brain,Patrick,Bubba and others,AND THEN,THERE ARE DUMMIES LIKE YOU,need I say more,I think not,see ya'.
You always do that, doncha DICK?

As soon as you're challenged, you bitch and whine like the little girl that you are ...

... and continue to avoid actually backing up your claims.

But what else did I expect from you?!

Location hidden

#10150 Feb 14, 2013
How are we gonna achieve peace in middle east if we can't stop fighting on here?? Im glad you guys don't have any nuclear weapons!! We'd all be dead by now!
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10151 Feb 14, 2013
jim - wrote:
How are we gonna achieve peace in middle east if we can't stop fighting on here?? Im glad you guys don't have any nuclear weapons!! We'd all be dead by now!
Dick would be.

I'd survive.
chris

United States

#10152 Feb 14, 2013
jim - wrote:
It's just a war of words, that's all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, & others are entitled to disagree with that opinion.
Elmer Jackson

Renton, WA

#10153 Feb 14, 2013
I reckon I'm going to have to build me a bomb shelter with all this fighting going on. Damn all wanted to do was be able to drink in Peace. War what is it good for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I SAY IT AGAIN.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#10154 Feb 14, 2013
jim - wrote:
Im not into arguing with anyone about music-everyone has there own favorites like they should. Nobody wants you to put down music they enjoy and now Im gonna play some Springsteen!
http://youtu.be/RRvnsj8G7QM
Thunder Road live 1975-Bruce Springsteen
I agree....People do have their own favorites. I enjoy Frank Zappa. Not everyone likes his music. I enjoy Elvis and the Beatles. Nearly everyone I've met likes them, and this includes classical musicians. I enjoy Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. His music isn't everyone's cup of tea. So are a host of other musicians, whose work I like.

I never cared for Bruce Springsteen's music. But I respect your right to like it.

Location hidden

#10155 Feb 14, 2013
Elmer Jackson wrote:
I reckon I'm going to have to build me a bomb shelter with all this fighting going on. Damn all wanted to do was be able to drink in Peace. War what is it good for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I SAY IT AGAIN.
Yup~ you definately need to build bomb shelter/wine celler!
Elmer Jackson

Everett, WA

#10156 Feb 14, 2013
jim - wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup~ you definately need to build bomb shelter/wine celler!
Nice shirt Jim. I'm thinking about having some Elmer T-shirts made up If I can get sober. Lol

Location hidden

#10157 Feb 14, 2013
http://youtu.be/H9oXkxPxxhY
Merle Haggard-Tonight the bottle let me down

Location hidden

#10158 Feb 14, 2013
&fe ature=share&list=AL94UKMTq g-9AAeuD8WO039qFo5P-q55ot
Today I Started Loving You Again-Merle Haggard
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#10159 Feb 15, 2013
RICK wrote:
Not only is Elvis treated unfairly by the press, but the oldies stations hardly ever play any of his music, even though they play a lot from artists who were not nearly as big as he was.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#10160 Feb 15, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Not only is Elvis treated unfairly by the press, but the oldies stations hardly ever play any of his music, even though they play a lot from artists who were not nearly as big as he was.
Wrong again.

I've been all over the States quite recently and tracked won the oldies station in every major city I was in.

Every one of them played Elvis, every day: LA, NYC, Chicago, Vegas, San Francisco (the beating heart of Rick the Dick's counter culture media, no less!), Washington, and all over Texas.

And the media treats Elvis fairly. Of course, if you can provide examples where they haven't, then show us!
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#10161 Feb 15, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
I've been all over the States quite recently and tracked won the oldies station in every major city I was in.
Every one of them played Elvis, every day: LA, NYC, Chicago, Vegas, San Francisco (the beating heart of Rick the Dick's counter culture media, no less!), Washington, and all over Texas.
And the media treats Elvis fairly. Of course, if you can provide examples where they haven't, then show us!
KEarth 101 in L.A. is the manor oldies station here, and they virtually never play him. When they do, it is only a handful of his songs. I called once, and they said they didn't even have any more.
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#10162 Feb 15, 2013
jim - wrote:
I've always said it's too bad there is no death penalty on the internet.

Location hidden

#10163 Feb 15, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>I've always said it's too bad there is no death penalty on the internet.
You would be convicted by jury of public opinion and be 1st to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... Sat goodvibrations 35
Happy birthday John Oct 9 Greg 3
[News] Drake Passes The Beatles With Latest Bil... Oct 8 brandy t 2
Katy Perry's 'Dark Horse' Gallops to No. 1 On H... (Jan '14) Oct 7 Big mike 5
Outrageous Beatle Allegations by Ed Wallace on ... (Dec '11) Oct 2 rpwrpw11 6
Portraits of Beatles as Old Men Sep 25 Diana 2
anti Beatles fan (Dec '08) Sep 23 Slobodan Milosevic 246

The Beatles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE