150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12863 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9979 Jan 22, 2013
By the way, folks, you'll notice most of the Elvis Jr threads have disappeared.

You can thank me.

I wrote a long email to Topix, explaining everything, and they agreed.

Gordo will probably be too stupid to check this thread for an explanation.

But I need your help: when Gordo starts more threads, and he will, can you please take the time to hit the Report Abuse tab at the top, and request the new threads be deleted.

You should also report specific new comments from Gordo on other non-Jr threads when he realises what's happened: he will soon get the message.

Thanks everyone,

King Elvis.
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#9980 Jan 22, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
You can thank me.
But I need your help: when Gordo starts more threads, and he will, can you please take the time to hit the Report Abuse tab at the top, and request the new threads be deleted.
You should also report specific new comments from Gordo on other non-Jr threads when he realises what's happened: he will soon get the message.
Thanks everyone,
King Elvis.
Oh, my GOD!! I ALMOST like you!!!
Thank you, King!!!
But now I go back to hating you.
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#9981 Jan 22, 2013
But why didn't they ALL disappear???
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9982 Jan 22, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, my GOD!! I ALMOST like you!!!
Thank you, King!!!
But now I go back to hating you.
Shut up, you fat fck, and get off this forum like you said you would!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9983 Jan 23, 2013
Thanks for the support,Patrick,and I think everyone on this site feels the same way about about Lucious Limpdick that you do,Lee,a peanut brained dillweed who believes ANYTHING the deceptive media tells him,and keeps revealing what an IGNORANT butthole he is with each of his dimwitted posts,peace to you,Patrick and Lee.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9984 Jan 23, 2013
I see. So no link showing Elvis as the biggest seller before 1977 then?

Nope, didn't think I'd see that somehow ...
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#9985 Jan 23, 2013
No link showing Elmer as the lowest selling artist before 1977 either .My drinking songs have become more popular over the years. If I could only get Bruce Stringbean to sing one with me I think my sales would increase.
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#9986 Jan 23, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
You can thank me.
Thanks everyone,
King Elvis.
Can you believe King Elvis is actually getting kisses and hearts for his posts???? Will wonders NEVER cease????
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#9987 Jan 23, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe King Elvis is actually getting kisses and hearts for his posts???? Will wonders NEVER cease????
I don't get kisses and hearts but that doesn't bother me as long as there is still some booze in the bottle and I can sing another hobo song. Me and you and a dog named Drew traveling and living off the land.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9988 Jan 23, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Can you believe King Elvis is actually getting kisses and hearts for his posts???? Will wonders NEVER cease????
Because my posts are all well written and stimulating, and are always backed up with sources.

Unlike yours.

Besides, everyone here is sick of Gordo. I'd even rather see him gone before you, given the choice.

We must all put our differences aside and, as soon as he polluted this forum again, report each and every one of his threads/new comments.
Elmer Jackson

Everett, WA

#9989 Jan 23, 2013
I think I'm going to be sad because the bottle I had has gone away. She's got a chicken to ride and she don't care. Yep I can sing those Beatle songs. I can sing Englebert too. Please Release me let me go Cause I have to hop a train that's moving slow. So Realease me my darling let me go.Buy me a drink and I'll sing any song you want me to. Yep
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9990 Jan 28, 2013
Elvis was the best selling artist of all time while he was alive,but people like the McWhirter brothers[who ran the Guinness Book]as I said before,WERE BRITISH,and always on the side of The Beatles,didn't want to give Elvis his due credit,and also because Elvis was the fab four's main rival,and Patrick was saying that Crosby was still the best seller,NOT TRUE AND THAT BOGUS GOLD RECORD AWARDED TO CROSBY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOUBTED FROM THE START,BUT WASN'T.Let's put this to bed right away.During Crosby's heyday,the 30's and 40's,the music industry was a shadow of what it would become in Elvis and The Beatles era,listening to records and OWNING a phonogragh was a LUXURY very few people could afford,if a record sold a million copies WORLDWIDE,NOT EVEN NATIONALLY,IT WAS A RARE FEAT.And what also should have put suspicions that that gold record was a phony is NONE of Crosby's records were certified by the RIAA,NOT ONE,but the Mcwhirter brothers PURPOSELY IGNORED THESE GLARING INCONSISTENCIES,Elvis was the best selling artist of all time even while he was alive,but wasn't given his due credit,PERIOD,peace out.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#9991 Jan 28, 2013
RICK wrote:
Elvis was the best selling artist of all time while he was alive,but people like the McWhirter brothers[who ran the Guinness Book]as I said before,WERE BRITISH,and always on the side of The Beatles,didn't want to give Elvis his due credit,and also because Elvis was the fab four's main rival,and Patrick was saying that Crosby was still the best seller,NOT TRUE AND THAT BOGUS GOLD RECORD AWARDED TO CROSBY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOUBTED FROM THE START,BUT WASN'T.Let's put this to bed right away.During Crosby's heyday,the 30's and 40's,the music industry was a shadow of what it would become in Elvis and The Beatles era,listening to records and OWNING a phonogragh was a LUXURY very few people could afford,if a record sold a million copies WORLDWIDE,NOT EVEN NATIONALLY,IT WAS A RARE FEAT.And what also should have put suspicions that that gold record was a phony is NONE of Crosby's records were certified by the RIAA,NOT ONE,but the Mcwhirter brothers PURPOSELY IGNORED THESE GLARING INCONSISTENCIES,Elvis was the best selling artist of all time even while he was alive,but wasn't given his due credit,PERIOD,peace out.
Alright enough already. Why go on and on repeating the same old stuff. Elvis did just fine made millions and was adored by millions so no need to whine about him not getting credit because he got plenty of praise and credit when he was alive and still gets it over 30 years after his death.It makes no difference to me if he sold more records than the Beatles or anyone else.I still like the Beatles more.I don't care about Crosby or any other artist before Elvis. Elvis was the biggest from the 50's and still remains the King even if he is dead.The fab four were the biggest from the 60's and still remain the best selling and most popular group of all time. Elvis as a single was the best selling so let's change the subject maybe you and King Elvis can find something different to fight about. This thread is getting old and boring. same old crap same old arguments. same old whinning. Shit man let's talk about something else. Peace out.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9992 Jan 28, 2013
I agree with you ,Bubba,but Patrick was still saying that der Bingleshnitzel was the top selling artist and all I was trying to do was show him that the music industry in Crosby's heyday could not support this gold record awarded to Crosby in 1960 by Decca Records for global sales of 400 million recordings,NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST,and all of the music industry experts emphatically reached the same conclusion,so let's forget about der Bingleshnitzel,EVERYBODY ELSE HAS,peace out.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9994 Jan 29, 2013
RICK wrote:
I agree with you ,Bubba,but Patrick was still saying that der Bingleshnitzel was the top selling artist and all I was trying to do was show him that the music industry in Crosby's heyday could not support this gold record awarded to Crosby in 1960 by Decca Records for global sales of 400 million recordings,NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.
Yeah, sure it couldn't.

Just more irrelevant, unsourced crap from you.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9995 Jan 29, 2013
RICK wrote:
Elvis was the best selling artist of all time while he was alive,but people like the McWhirter brothers[who ran the Guinness Book]as I said before,WERE BRITISH,and always on the side of The Beatles,didn't want to give Elvis his due credit,and also because Elvis was the fab four's main rival,and Patrick was saying that Crosby was still the best seller,NOT TRUE AND THAT BOGUS GOLD RECORD AWARDED TO CROSBY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOUBTED FROM THE START,BUT WASN'T.Let's put this to bed right away.
Oh, shut UP, you DICK!

Now you're accusing the Guinness Book of being on the Beatles' side!

Is there no end to your pathetic paranoia?! Seemingly not.

With each new posting here, you make more of a goose of yourself.

You're embarrassing yourself, and everyone here.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#9996 Jan 29, 2013
RICK wrote:
d all of the music industry experts emphatically reached the same conclusion
You keep using words like "all" and "emphatically".

You run away every time I call you out on your bullshit, so I'm calling you out on it yet again.

Tell us about how "all" the music experts have "emphatically" rejected Crosby's sales and "forgotten" about him.

Come on, dick ... got a book or link where they "all" say this?

Any references to back up your claims?

We'll be waiting ...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9997 Jan 30, 2013
http://youtu.be/gN6etCh2EKo
One(johnny Cash cover)-Jim acoustic/vocals
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9998 Jan 30, 2013
Seems like the truth HURTS,litte baby Lucious Limpdick can't handle the truth very well,can he,and I've given PLENTY of references,pecker breath,it's not my fault you don't know how to READ,seems like what I'm saying touches a nerve with the little baby,seems like the little baby needs a diaper change,goo goo goo goo,ha,ha,ha,EAT ME,LOSER.
Poppa Jivebones

Seattle, WA

#9999 Jan 30, 2013
jim - wrote:
http://youtu.be/gN6etCh2EKo
One(johnny Cash cover)-Jim acoustic/vocals
I thought that was a U2 song. I've never heard Johnny Cash sing it before. Was it on his last album?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get over this wife-beating poseur Jun 14 Lawrence James co... 18
The Beatles 50th Anniversary (Feb '14) Jun 12 Greg 16
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jun 11 Ralph 286
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) Jun 10 Ralph 1,071
News Beatles Albums, Ranked Worst to Best Jun 10 Ralph 1
Can my friends and I post, here? Jun 8 Moved on how bout... 12
For your eyes only Jun 6 Little monster 24
More from around the web