150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments (Page 481)

Showing posts 9,601 - 9,620 of12,619
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my God, really?
Wacko floons are SO stupid!!
They actually thought a stuffed animal was a real chimpanzee.

That Elvis abused live animals on stage!

And that Michael never used Bubbles and harmed him for entertainment.

I laughed my ass off.

Elvis had Scatter in the sixties.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't out a guesstimate: even Wiki needs a proper source.
Fact is, there'll never be accurate viewing figures for Aloha.
Even James Burton had the one billion myth on his Facebook feed today for the 40th anniversary.

I respect and understand that . It would have been better to leave the source of the colonel then
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
A broadcast is via radio.
A telecast is via a visual medium.
Right you are.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

And you're off target,as usual,queenie,about Elvis not having the best selling album of any year,almost all of Elvis's sales figures of his individual discs were INCONCLUSIVE until 1990 when then BMG obtained Colonel Parker's business files,and then AND ONLY then were many of the sales of his individual discs finally given solid sales numbers,and you said that Harry Belefonte's `Calypso' was the best selling album of 1956,huh,correct me if I'm wrong,didn't he record for RCA VICTOR,THEN WHY,ON THE CLASSIC ALBUMS SERIES FOR THE ALBUM `ELVIS PRESLEY'DID ERNST JORGENSEN SAY THAT `ELVIS PRESLEY'WAS THEN RCA'S AND I'M QUOTING NOW `RCA'S BIGGEST POP SUCCESS EVER BY SELLING 300,000 ALBUMS',UNQUOTE,EPIC FAILED YA' AGAIN,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN,SEE YA'.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Damn I wished RCA would of let me record more of my drinking songs. That damn Belefonte guy and his Calypso songs anyway .Ernst Jorgensen listened and said come back in a few years . But he never really wanted to record my drinking songs. I once asked Colonel side show Parker if he would manage me but he said I wasn't suitable as a family act. Damn that redneck Colonel anyhow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Elmer Jackson wrote:
Damn I wished RCA would of let me record more of my drinking songs. That damn Belefonte guy and his Calypso songs anyway .Ernst Jorgensen listened and said come back in a few years . But he never really wanted to record my drinking songs. I once asked Colonel side show Parker if he would manage me but he said I wasn't suitable as a family act. Damn that redneck Colonel anyhow.
Funny
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Yeah life has been hard for a drunken hobo like me but I don't have many regrets. I've sang in boxcars I've sang in alley ways I've sang at Wallmart parking lots I've sang at truck stops. all in all I've had a pretty full career. Now if I could just get Axel Rose to sing a drunken duet with me I'd be happy.
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

RICK wrote:
And you're off target,as usual,queenie,about Elvis not having the best selling album of any year,almost all of Elvis's sales figures of his individual discs were INCONCLUSIVE until 1990 when then BMG obtained Colonel Parker's business files,and then AND ONLY then were many of the sales of his individual discs finally given solid sales numbers,and you said that Harry Belefonte's `Calypso' was the best selling album of 1956,huh,correct me if I'm wrong,didn't he record for RCA VICTOR,THEN WHY,ON THE CLASSIC ALBUMS SERIES FOR THE ALBUM `ELVIS PRESLEY'DID ERNST JORGENSEN SAY THAT `ELVIS PRESLEY'WAS THEN RCA'S AND I'M QUOTING NOW `RCA'S BIGGEST POP SUCCESS EVER BY SELLING 300,000 ALBUMS',UNQUOTE,EPIC FAILED YA' AGAIN,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN,SEE YA'.
Once again, Rick, you are wrong. I can't even begin to show you how stupid you actually are.

Calypso was the first LP in the US "to sell over 1 million copies within a year". It was also the first million-selling album ever in England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Belafonte#...

Fact: Elvis Presley never had a best-selling (ie the album that sold the most copies) in any year ever.

Best-selling albums, year by year, with sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best-selling_alb...

Oh, and as for the quote that Elvis was "RCA'S BIGGEST POP SUCCESS EVER BY SELLING 300,000 ALBUMS'- that is absolutely correct. But Harry Belfonte wasn't pop, and sold more albums than Elvis. Perhaps you read it without the word 'pop' there. But that's what you do best: misread things and go off half-cocked.

Why do I even bother trying to educate you?
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

I heard that Slim Whitman sold almost as many albums as the Beatles in England. I wonder If I learn to yodel when I drink if I'd sell more of my CD's.Elmer Jackson the yodeling singing drunk yep look out Slim.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

If anybody's stupid,dickface,IT'S YOU,Elvis's self titled debut album spent 10 weeks as the no.1 POP ALBUM,TURKEY DICK,and where are the documented figures that confirm Harry Belafonte's `Calypso'sold a million copies in a year,and also in England,the only evidence is Harry Belafonte SAYING it sold a million copies in a year,BUT JUST BECAUSE HE SAYS IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO,BIRDBRAIN,AND UNTIL I SEE DOCUMENTED PROOF[WHICH THERE IS NOT]THEN I'LL TAKE ERNST JORGENSEN AS A MUCH MORE RELIABLE SOURCE THAN YOUR STUPID,SORRY ASS WILLEVER BE,SO EAT ME,LOSER,SEE YA'.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

And the album `Calypso' by Harry Belafonte was an album that scored ON THE POP CHARTS,STUPID QUEEN ELVIS,STUPIDLY SPLITTING HAIRS AGAIN,DO US ALL A FAVOR,AND TAKE A FOUR FOOT WALK OFF A THREE FOOT PIER,I'M SURE ANYONE WHO HAS THE MISFORTUNE OF EITHER KNOWING OR BEING RELATED TO YOU WOULD JUMP FOR JOY AT THAT NOTION,EAT ME BAY-BAY.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

And I as I said before,until 1990,ALL of the sales of Elvis's individual records WERE INCONCLUSIVE,WHOEVER PROCLAIMED HARRY BELAFONTE'S LAME `CALYPSO' ALBUM THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF 1956 DID SO IGNORANTLY,WITHOUT KNOWING THAT `ELVIS PRESLEY'WAS ACTUALLY THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF THAT YEAR,AND `RCA'S BIGGEST POP SUCCESS EVER'ACCORDING TO ERNST JORGENSEN,ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCES ON ELVIS,I LOVED HIS BOOK `ELVIS PRESLEY;A LIFE IN MUSIC',YOU LOSE AGAIN,LOSER.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Who cares about Harry Balafonte's "Calypso" ???

Same as Mitch Miller.

Elvis is the legend and where are those guys?

Of course, Elvis has 59 years of continuous sales.

The argument is pointless.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

octo wrote:
Who cares about Harry Balafonte's "Calypso" ???
Same as Mitch Miller.
Elvis is the legend and where are those guys?
Of course, Elvis has 59 years of continuous sales.
The argument is pointless.
Harry is probably rolling a big ganja doobie Day-o day-o Daylight come and me wanna get stoned.Mitch Miller is dead I think Sing along with Mitch hasn't been on TV for over 40 years now.Sure Elvis has continuous sales just like the Beatles because people still enjoy Elvis and the Beatles. Few would still buy Belefonte or Mitch Miller. Most people I know Don't even know who Mitdch Mller is. I'm thinking about a sing along with Elmer show but you have to bring your own bottle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Elmer Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>Harry is probably rolling a big ganja doobie Day-o day-o Daylight come and me wanna get stoned.Mitch Miller is dead I think Sing along with Mitch hasn't been on TV for over 40 years now.Sure Elvis has continuous sales just like the Beatles because people still enjoy Elvis and the Beatles. Few would still buy Belefonte or Mitch Miller. Most people I know Don't even know who Mitdch Mller is. I'm thinking about a sing along with Elmer show but you have to bring your own bottle.
"Singing In The Rain"
"The Sound Of Music"
"West Side Story"

Or horrible Opera like the successful CD out today.

Or Jazz type stuff or whatever you call that boring crapola.

Broadway musicals on soundtracks.

My wife was listening to Opera last week on television.

Everything has a way of becoming popular again, really.

I asked her why she had it on...

Give me Elvis and The Beatles any day.

Music goes through stages.

It really doesn't matter because I still listen to rock n roll.

Right now, the music scene is a lot like the early fifties.

It is bad, dude.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RICK wrote:
And I as I said before,until 1990,ALL of the sales of Elvis's individual records WERE INCONCLUSIVE,WHOEVER PROCLAIMED HARRY BELAFONTE'S LAME `CALYPSO' ALBUM THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF 1956 DID SO IGNORANTLY,WITHOUT KNOWING THAT `ELVIS PRESLEY'WAS ACTUALLY THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF THAT YEAR,AND `RCA'S BIGGEST POP SUCCESS EVER'ACCORDING TO ERNST JORGENSEN,ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCES ON ELVIS,I LOVED HIS BOOK `ELVIS PRESLEY;A LIFE IN MUSIC',YOU LOSE AGAIN,LOSER.
Can you provide sources please . We can change wiki with that
Poppa Jivebones

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Singing In The Rain"
"The Sound Of Music"
"West Side Story"
Or horrible Opera like the successful CD out today.
Or Jazz type stuff or whatever you call that boring crapola.
Broadway musicals on soundtracks.
My wife was listening to Opera last week on television.
Everything has a way of becoming popular again, really.
I asked her why she had it on...
Give me Elvis and The Beatles any day.
Music goes through stages.
It really doesn't matter because I still listen to rock n roll.
Right now, the music scene is a lot like the early fifties.
It is bad, dude.
Right on Elvis-Beatles and Journey with Steve Perry.
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

RICK wrote:
If anybody's stupid,dickface,IT'S YOU,Elvis's self titled debut album spent 10 weeks as the no.1 POP ALBUM,TURKEY DICK,and where are the documented figures that confirm Harry Belafonte's `Calypso'sold a million copies in a year,and also in England,the only evidence is Harry Belafonte SAYING it sold a million copies in a year,BUT JUST BECAUSE HE SAYS IT DOESN'T MAKE IT SO,BIRDBRAIN,AND UNTIL I SEE DOCUMENTED PROOF[WHICH THERE IS NOT]THEN I'LL TAKE ERNST JORGENSEN AS A MUCH MORE RELIABLE SOURCE THAN YOUR STUPID,SORRY ASS WILLEVER BE,SO EAT ME,LOSER,SEE YA'.
You fool. You absolute fool. You think I'd just take Harry's word for that?

Do some proper research, you dumb c-nt, and stop shooting off your fat, worthless mouth with your unmitigated shit.
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

RICK wrote:
990,ALL of the sales of Elvis's individual records WERE INCONCLUSIVE,WHOEVER PROCLAIMED HARRY BELAFONTE'S LAME `CALYPSO' ALBUM THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF 1956 DID SO IGNORANTLY,WITHOUT KNOWING THAT `ELVIS PRESLEY'WAS ACTUALLY THE BEST SELLING ALBUM OF THAT YEAR
You are a dickhead.

Every single time you are shown facts, you choose to ignore them.

There is simply no arguing with blinkered, biased morons like you.

So come on then, fat head ... I have shown Calypso was the best selling album of 1956. Time to put your money where your fat, stupid mouth is - give us all some proof that "Elvis Presley" was the biggest-selling album of 1956.

Good luck with that, dumbass, we'll be waiting.

PS - an actual source will be accepted, someone's opinion will not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Right on Elvis-Beatles and Journey with Steve Perry.
I still like Journey with Steve Perry.

Their music brings back a lot of memories growing up in that era.

There was a lot of good music coming out in those days.

Sadly, most of the new music coming out these days leaves me cold.

But really, I have enough in my collection.

My wife likes to watch American Idol and the dog likes dance music.

Apparently, the dog enjoyed the Opera program.

He rolls his eyes at me when I play Elvis.

Animals are a riot because they have their likes and dislikes too.

I can't play Heavy Metal around the dog. He doesn't like it at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,601 - 9,620 of12,619
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pete Best says Ringo Starr enjoyed the fruits o... (Aug '06) 8 hr Mjxgtplk 382
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) Apr 18 Ian 1,069
Bob Dylan yes or no (Jun '10) Apr 17 Chris 12
Yoko Ono (Jul '06) Apr 14 Ron 119
my beatles friends (Nov '07) Apr 12 Greg 95
Non-LP Singles, B-Sides, & Rarities From the Be... (Jan '11) Apr 12 Stormin Norm 9
YOU SUCK PAUL McCartney (Jun '13) Apr 11 Jerry Sandusky 125
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••