150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12901 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#9849 Jan 10, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like ABBA and Queen was the worst. They were overplayed!
But my choice for the sappiest song ever is "The Way We Were"
I still hate it.
I hated the song, "The Way We Were", too. It got more airplay than it deserved.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9850 Jan 10, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I hated the song, "The Way We Were", too. It got more airplay than it deserved.
I had to think of the name of the song but "All By Myself" was dreadful.

That was overplayed in the seventies also.

There has always been big hits that annoy people and get massive airplay.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9851 Jan 11, 2013
Elvis was gonna record Feelings I think ? I'm glad he didn't. Elvis sounded pretty good on Lady Madonna ,too bad he didn't do serious studio recording of it~
mjj

Houston, TX

#9854 Jan 11, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I hated the song, "The Way We Were", too. It got more airplay than it deserved.
It was a girl song. OK!
Mjb

Bothell, WA

#9855 Jan 11, 2013
mjj wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a girl song. OK!
It was a whirl song. Imagine Whirled Peas.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#9856 Jan 13, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to think of the name of the song but "All By Myself" was dreadful.
That was overplayed in the seventies also.
There has always been big hits that annoy people and get massive airplay.
I had mentally blocked that song! It was so awful, wasn't it?
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9858 Jan 14, 2013
At least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong,dickface king,UNLIKE YOU,AND WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS CRAP ABOUT ELVIS NEVER HAVING A BEST SELLING ALBUM IN ANY YEAR,WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING,BUTTHOLE,HERE'S ONLY A PARTIAL LIST OF Elvis best selling albums,`ELVIS PRESLEY',PLATINUM,`ELVIS',PLAT INUM,`ELVIS GOLDEN RECORDS,VOLUME 1,6X PLATINUM,`ELVIS CHRISTMAS ALBUM,1970 CAMDEN BUDGET VERSION,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII',AND `ELVIS',THE BROOKVILLE 2 ALBUM GREATEST HITS SET[THE MOST SUCCESSFUL SET EVER SOLD ON TELEVISION]ALL 10X PLATINUM,AND MANY OF ELVIS'S ALBUMS WERE HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL UPON THEIR RELEASE,SO YOU BETTER LAY OFF THE CRYSTAL METH,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN,SEE YA'.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9859 Jan 14, 2013
And Bubba,you're right on the money,no artist or group with a large body of recorded work can score with EVERY song,that's impossible,but I think that OVERALL the great artists and groups,like Elvis and The Beatles and Rolling Stones and others were on target with most of their material,and that's why these artists are considered great,and I do like some of Paul Mccartney's music too,peace to you.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#9861 Jan 14, 2013
RICK wrote:
At least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong,dickface king,UNLIKE YOU,AND WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS CRAP ABOUT ELVIS NEVER HAVING A BEST SELLING ALBUM IN ANY YEAR
Still stupid, I see.

What do you think "best selling" means, DICK?

The album that sold the most.

Now, once again, because you're obviously too stupid to understand ... Elvis never had a best-selling album in any year.

For example (because you're just so stupid, and go off half cocked before offering your dumbass opinion) the best-selling album of, say, 1956, was Harry Belafonte's "Calypso".

Simple.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#9862 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Still stupid, I see.
What do you think "best selling" means, DICK?
The album that sold the most.
Now, once again, because you're obviously too stupid to understand ... Elvis never had a best-selling album in any year.
For example (because you're just so stupid, and go off half cocked before offering your dumbass opinion) the best-selling album of, say, 1956, was Harry Belafonte's "Calypso".
Simple.
King elvis so " calypso " sold more than 300 k?
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#9863 Jan 14, 2013
Patricktruth wrote:
<quoted text>
King elvis so " calypso " sold more than 300 k?
No idea, but "Elvis Presley" was the fifth-biggest selling album that year, 1956, behind Calypso, the My Fair Lady soundtrack, The King and I soundtrack and the Eddie Duchin Story soundtrack.

(And no, Rick, before you say it, the fact that "Elvis Presley" may have sold millions of copies since then does NOT make it the biggest seller of 1956).
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9864 Jan 14, 2013
That's because YOU'RE SIMPLE,PEANUT BRAIN,AND WHAT SOURCE DO YOU BASE THESE NUMBERS ON ,ANYWAY,AND DO ALL OF MANKIND A BIG FAVOR AND GO BOX WITH A KANGAROO,AUSTALIA'S FULL OF 'EM,FROM THE WAY YOU OFTEN SPEAK,YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ALREADY DO PLENTY OF THAT,IN OTHER WORDS,YOUR BRAINS SOUNDS SCRAMBLED,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#9865 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea, but "Elvis Presley" was the fifth-biggest selling album that year, 1956, behind Calypso, the My Fair Lady soundtrack, The King and I soundtrack and the Eddie Duchin Story soundtrack.
(And no, Rick, before you say it, the fact that "Elvis Presley" may have sold millions of copies since then does NOT make it the biggest seller of 1956).
It's good enough for me then . On Netflix I watched elvis. 56 and the narrator stated elvis had the biggest selling album of the year . Thank you And big thanks for putting gv down with the facts ! As I stated prior you have never put elvis down like some have stated . Tcb
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#9866 Jan 14, 2013
RICK wrote:
That's because YOU'RE SIMPLE,PEANUT BRAIN,AND WHAT SOURCE DO YOU BASE THESE NUMBERS ON ,ANYWAY,AND DO ALL OF MANKIND A BIG FAVOR AND GO BOX WITH A KANGAROO,AUSTALIA'S FULL OF 'EM,FROM THE WAY YOU OFTEN SPEAK,YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ALREADY DO PLENTY OF THAT,IN OTHER WORDS,YOUR BRAINS SOUNDS SCRAMBLED,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN.
Great comeback, Dick, as always. Like Gordo, you turn nasty when confronted by facts.

Oh, and my sources? Try Billboard for a start.

Try doing some research yourself before posting your nonsense, otherwise you'll keep making an arse of yourself like you did with "Kitty" Lester's version of Love Letters from "1945".
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#9867 Jan 14, 2013
Patricktruth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good enough for me then . On Netflix I watched elvis. 56 and the narrator stated elvis had the biggest selling album of the year .
He also said Aloha From Hawaii was watched by over a billion people, but that doesn't make it true either, Patrick.

Thanks.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#9868 Jan 14, 2013
Yep in 1956 I was just a young hobo starting my career. Didn't have a best selling album but people were starting to notice that as a young drunk I could still sing.Never got to meet Elvis or Box Car Willie but that didn't stop me from going on to be Elmer Jackson the almost famous singing drunk.I once smoked a doobie with Willy Nelson and he told me to keep on truckin and don't look back.
Buster Chadwick

Seattle, WA

#9869 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said Aloha From Hawaii was watched by over a billion people, but that doesn't make it true either, Patrick.
Thanks.
In 1956 there weren't a billion people around. Especially not in America. Epic fail indeed.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#9870 Jan 14, 2013
Elmer Jackson wrote:
Yep in 1956 I was just a young hobo starting my career. Didn't have a best selling album but people were starting to notice that as a young drunk I could still sing.Never got to meet Elvis or Box Car Willie but that didn't stop me from going on to be Elmer Jackson the almost famous singing drunk.I once smoked a doobie with Willy Nelson and he told me to keep on truckin and don't look back.
That's funny ! Thank you

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#9871 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said Aloha From Hawaii was watched by over a billion people, but that doesn't make it true either, Patrick.
Thanks.
You are correct . Thank you again king elvis

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9872 Jan 14, 2013
Buster Chadwick wrote:
<quoted text>In 1956 there weren't a billion people around. Especially not in America. Epic fail indeed.
Elvis's "Aloha From Hawaii" was broadcasted via satellite in 1973.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... 16 hr PrinterBench Tech 3
News The Rise and Fall of Phil Spector (Apr '09) Jun '17 SLICK PUTZ PENCE 2
News Mourners pay tribute to Judge Barron (Dec '08) May '17 In the know 14
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had May '17 Declining Popularity 1
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) May '17 Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May '17 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr '17 justicewell 1
More from around the web