150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments (Page 479)

Showing posts 9,561 - 9,580 of12,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Bubba wrote:
Helen Ready really sucked bad. I didn't like Dion Warwick either.
Yeah, my mom bought us Helen Ready's "Greatest Hits" when we were kids.

We were also given Donny And Marie's "Deep Purple"

"Sea Cruise" was on an 8 track called, "Fonzie's Favorites"

"Torn Between Two Lovers" was another annoying song in 1977. lol.

Mom got an Elvis 8 track "From Elvis Presley Blvd" in 1976.

And from then on, I was hooked for life.

My dad had "Beatles Love Songs" and "Wings At The Speed Of Sound"

I think we had "Mandy" on 45rmp

Andy Gibb's "I Just Want To Your Everything" also.

The seventies were a lifetime ago. A whole different world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> ABBA were actually not bad. The two girls were very good looking. Fernando got played a lot on the radio. I liked We will rock you and some of Queens songs like fat bottom girls and Tie your Mother down. I can't stand the sappy stuff.
I don't like ABBA and Queen was the worst. They were overplayed!

But my choice for the sappiest song ever is "The Way We Were"

I still hate it.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like ABBA and Queen was the worst. They were overplayed!
But my choice for the sappiest song ever is "The Way We Were"
I still hate it.
I hated the song, "The Way We Were", too. It got more airplay than it deserved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to think of the name of the song but "All By Myself" was dreadful.

That was overplayed in the seventies also.

There has always been big hits that annoy people and get massive airplay.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Elvis was gonna record Feelings I think ? I'm glad he didn't. Elvis sounded pretty good on Lady Madonna ,too bad he didn't do serious studio recording of it~
mjj

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a girl song. OK!
Mjb

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

mjj wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a girl song. OK!
It was a whirl song. Imagine Whirled Peas.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to think of the name of the song but "All By Myself" was dreadful.
That was overplayed in the seventies also.
There has always been big hits that annoy people and get massive airplay.
I had mentally blocked that song! It was so awful, wasn't it?
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

At least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong,dickface king,UNLIKE YOU,AND WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS CRAP ABOUT ELVIS NEVER HAVING A BEST SELLING ALBUM IN ANY YEAR,WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING,BUTTHOLE,HERE'S ONLY A PARTIAL LIST OF Elvis best selling albums,`ELVIS PRESLEY',PLATINUM,`ELVIS',PLAT INUM,`ELVIS GOLDEN RECORDS,VOLUME 1,6X PLATINUM,`ELVIS CHRISTMAS ALBUM,1970 CAMDEN BUDGET VERSION,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII',AND `ELVIS',THE BROOKVILLE 2 ALBUM GREATEST HITS SET[THE MOST SUCCESSFUL SET EVER SOLD ON TELEVISION]ALL 10X PLATINUM,AND MANY OF ELVIS'S ALBUMS WERE HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL UPON THEIR RELEASE,SO YOU BETTER LAY OFF THE CRYSTAL METH,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN,SEE YA'.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

And Bubba,you're right on the money,no artist or group with a large body of recorded work can score with EVERY song,that's impossible,but I think that OVERALL the great artists and groups,like Elvis and The Beatles and Rolling Stones and others were on target with most of their material,and that's why these artists are considered great,and I do like some of Paul Mccartney's music too,peace to you.
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RICK wrote:
At least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong,dickface king,UNLIKE YOU,AND WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS CRAP ABOUT ELVIS NEVER HAVING A BEST SELLING ALBUM IN ANY YEAR
Still stupid, I see.

What do you think "best selling" means, DICK?

The album that sold the most.

Now, once again, because you're obviously too stupid to understand ... Elvis never had a best-selling album in any year.

For example (because you're just so stupid, and go off half cocked before offering your dumbass opinion) the best-selling album of, say, 1956, was Harry Belafonte's "Calypso".

Simple.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Still stupid, I see.
What do you think "best selling" means, DICK?
The album that sold the most.
Now, once again, because you're obviously too stupid to understand ... Elvis never had a best-selling album in any year.
For example (because you're just so stupid, and go off half cocked before offering your dumbass opinion) the best-selling album of, say, 1956, was Harry Belafonte's "Calypso".
Simple.
King elvis so " calypso " sold more than 300 k?
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Patricktruth wrote:
<quoted text>
King elvis so " calypso " sold more than 300 k?
No idea, but "Elvis Presley" was the fifth-biggest selling album that year, 1956, behind Calypso, the My Fair Lady soundtrack, The King and I soundtrack and the Eddie Duchin Story soundtrack.

(And no, Rick, before you say it, the fact that "Elvis Presley" may have sold millions of copies since then does NOT make it the biggest seller of 1956).
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

That's because YOU'RE SIMPLE,PEANUT BRAIN,AND WHAT SOURCE DO YOU BASE THESE NUMBERS ON ,ANYWAY,AND DO ALL OF MANKIND A BIG FAVOR AND GO BOX WITH A KANGAROO,AUSTALIA'S FULL OF 'EM,FROM THE WAY YOU OFTEN SPEAK,YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ALREADY DO PLENTY OF THAT,IN OTHER WORDS,YOUR BRAINS SOUNDS SCRAMBLED,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea, but "Elvis Presley" was the fifth-biggest selling album that year, 1956, behind Calypso, the My Fair Lady soundtrack, The King and I soundtrack and the Eddie Duchin Story soundtrack.
(And no, Rick, before you say it, the fact that "Elvis Presley" may have sold millions of copies since then does NOT make it the biggest seller of 1956).
It's good enough for me then . On Netflix I watched elvis. 56 and the narrator stated elvis had the biggest selling album of the year . Thank you And big thanks for putting gv down with the facts ! As I stated prior you have never put elvis down like some have stated . Tcb
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

RICK wrote:
That's because YOU'RE SIMPLE,PEANUT BRAIN,AND WHAT SOURCE DO YOU BASE THESE NUMBERS ON ,ANYWAY,AND DO ALL OF MANKIND A BIG FAVOR AND GO BOX WITH A KANGAROO,AUSTALIA'S FULL OF 'EM,FROM THE WAY YOU OFTEN SPEAK,YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ALREADY DO PLENTY OF THAT,IN OTHER WORDS,YOUR BRAINS SOUNDS SCRAMBLED,PEANUT BUTTER BRAIN.
Great comeback, Dick, as always. Like Gordo, you turn nasty when confronted by facts.

Oh, and my sources? Try Billboard for a start.

Try doing some research yourself before posting your nonsense, otherwise you'll keep making an arse of yourself like you did with "Kitty" Lester's version of Love Letters from "1945".
King Elvis

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Patricktruth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good enough for me then . On Netflix I watched elvis. 56 and the narrator stated elvis had the biggest selling album of the year .
He also said Aloha From Hawaii was watched by over a billion people, but that doesn't make it true either, Patrick.

Thanks.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Yep in 1956 I was just a young hobo starting my career. Didn't have a best selling album but people were starting to notice that as a young drunk I could still sing.Never got to meet Elvis or Box Car Willie but that didn't stop me from going on to be Elmer Jackson the almost famous singing drunk.I once smoked a doobie with Willy Nelson and he told me to keep on truckin and don't look back.
Buster Chadwick

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
He also said Aloha From Hawaii was watched by over a billion people, but that doesn't make it true either, Patrick.
Thanks.
In 1956 there weren't a billion people around. Especially not in America. Epic fail indeed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Elmer Jackson wrote:
Yep in 1956 I was just a young hobo starting my career. Didn't have a best selling album but people were starting to notice that as a young drunk I could still sing.Never got to meet Elvis or Box Car Willie but that didn't stop me from going on to be Elmer Jackson the almost famous singing drunk.I once smoked a doobie with Willy Nelson and he told me to keep on truckin and don't look back.
That's funny ! Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,561 - 9,580 of12,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) Fri Ian 1,069
Bob Dylan yes or no (Jun '10) Thu Chris 12
Yoko Ono (Jul '06) Apr 14 Ron 119
my beatles friends (Nov '07) Apr 12 Greg 95
Non-LP Singles, B-Sides, & Rarities From the Be... (Jan '11) Apr 12 Stormin Norm 9
YOU SUCK PAUL McCartney (Jun '13) Apr 11 Jerry Sandusky 125
25 Top Travelers' Choice Destinations Apr 11 John Shatzalot 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••