150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments (Page 472)

Showing posts 9,421 - 9,440 of12,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RICK wrote:
The people at Wikipedia are starting to annoy me with lots of glaring errors in regards to Elvis.here are some;1.the 1964 soundtrack album `Kissin'Cousins'WAS NOT CERTIFIED GOLD BY THE RIAA,the SINGLE `Kissin'Cousins b/w `It hurts me'WAS.2.The 1973 album `Elvis',featuring the song`Fool',WAS NOT CERTIFIED 5X PLATINUM[ACTUALLY 10X,MINUS RIAA STUPID RULES],it was the Brookville 2 album set sold on TV that achieved this certification.3.the 1977 single release `My Way'sold over A MILLION COPIES,NOT 500,000,because this single was certified in 1978,and the RIAA sales criteria at that time was GOLD[1 MILLON],PLATINUM[2 MILLION],MULTI-PLATINUM[3 MILLION OR MORE],and I don't appreciate the downplaying of the RIAA'S glaring sales omissions and the upplaying of `ALOHA FROM HAWAII'supposedly not reaching a billion viewers and a couple of OTHER things too numerous to mention,TO THE PEOPLE AT WIKIPEDIA,GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER,peace out.
Yep them Dang folks at Wikipedia are starting to annoy me too. Lots of glaring errors in regards to my best drinking songs. DRINKING WITH MY COUSINS was never certified and the song DRUNK FOOL wasn't certified either. You know I have worked hard to perform all my drinking songs and try to sell my CD"s all across America but RIAA never keeps track of how many I've sold. I hate their omissions of Aloha from Havana not reaching the one thousand mark in sales. Those damn folks need to get their act together and give Old Elmer the credit he rightly deserves.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

RICK wrote:
The people at Wikipedia are starting to annoy me with lots of glaring errors in regards to Elvis.here are some;1.the 1964 soundtrack album `Kissin'Cousins'WAS NOT CERTIFIED GOLD BY THE RIAA,the SINGLE `Kissin'Cousins b/w `It hurts me'WAS.2.The 1973 album `Elvis',featuring the song`Fool',WAS NOT CERTIFIED 5X PLATINUM[ACTUALLY 10X,MINUS RIAA STUPID RULES],it was the Brookville 2 album set sold on TV that achieved this certification.3.the 1977 single release `My Way'sold over A MILLION COPIES,NOT 500,000,because this single was certified in 1978,and the RIAA sales criteria at that time was GOLD[1 MILLON],PLATINUM[2 MILLION],MULTI-PLATINUM[3 MILLION OR MORE],and I don't appreciate the downplaying of the RIAA'S glaring sales omissions and the upplaying of `ALOHA FROM HAWAII'supposedly not reaching a billion viewers and a couple of OTHER things too numerous to mention,TO THE PEOPLE AT WIKIPEDIA,GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER,peace out.
Why the hell would you use Wikipedia as a first source?

Aloha From Hawaii was NOT seen by a billion people, that myth has been exposed as impossible both here and elsewhere.

Here - for future reference - is a complete list (up to September 2011) of Elvis' RIAA Gold and Platinum awards.

The RIAA is working tirelessly to get their records up to date; they need absolute proof before doing so. Their records go back years, so it will take time.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php...
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Not completely right,Kingster,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII' was seen by over a billion people,just not all at once,but when you throw in the ratings of the live telecast in with the DELAYED telecasts[such as the U.S,broadcast the evening of Sunday,April 4,1973,scoring 57 percent of the viewing audience for NBC,trouncing such popular shows as `ALL IN THE FAMILY']then the show DID reach over a billion viewers,and that's what really counts here,peace out.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

RICK wrote:
Not completely right,Kingster,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII' was seen by over a billion people,just not all at once,but when you throw in the ratings of the live telecast in with the DELAYED telecasts[such as the U.S,broadcast the evening of Sunday,April 4,1973
Sorry, dude, but not even that makes it a billion viewers.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtop...

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/elvis-presley/...

http://www.elvis-history-blog.com/elvis-aloha...
mjj

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

MJ at the Top!
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

mjj wrote:
MJ at the Top!
Wrong, MJ is not at the top. The two at the top are Elvis & The Beatles.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

You're wrong again on all counts,as usual,Kingster,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII'did reach OVER a billion viewers,you seem to forget that Elvis was a ratings MONSTER,anytime he appeared on television the ratings went through the roof,IN ANY COUNTRY,you're guilty of the same thing the 60's counterculture influenced media have always been guilty of,UNDERESTIMATING THE POPULARITY OF ELVIS PRESLEY,PERIOD,peace out
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

RICK wrote:
You're wrong again on all counts,as usual,Kingster,`ALOHA FROM HAWAII'did reach OVER a billion viewers,you seem to forget that Elvis was a ratings MONSTER,anytime he appeared on television the ratings went through the roof,IN ANY COUNTRY,you're guilty of the same thing the 60's counterculture influenced media have always been guilty of,UNDERESTIMATING THE POPULARITY OF ELVIS PRESLEY,PERIOD,peace out
I have never underestimated the popularity of Elvis.

Aloha From Hawaii did not reach one billion viewers.

That is a fact, and has been proven here and elsewhere.

It is mathematically impossible, except if every TV in the world in 1973 was tuned in.

The original reference to one billion came from Colonel Parker during the 1972 press conference ... and the media swallowed it, and the Elvis world followed. You are one of the many who believed the myth without researching it.

Read EVERY WORD here of Alan Hanson's dissection.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtop...

And read EVERY WORD here of post No.2 in this Topix thread for a complete mathematical breakdown of the figures:

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/elvis-presley/...

These are facts.

No one has ever offered anything resembling official ratings figures for Aloha in Europe anyway. Only the US (which didn't see it live) and Japan have ever shown their ratings figures. But nowhere else.

The fact that Aloha didn't reach one billion viewers in no way diminishes the accomplishment of the show; nor does the fact that it wasn't actually the first satellite telecast by a single artist.

It was, however, the first one beamed "worldwide", although even that term is stretching it a bit.

For anyone to say more people watched Aloha than mankind's landing on the Moon is beyond ridiculous.

Aloha stands alone as testament to a superb performer at his (almost) best.

And to link this argument with your "counterculture influenced media" is simply ridiculous.

Aloha From Hawaii, as brilliant as it was, did NOT reach one billion viewers in 1973. That is a fact; it is simply impossible.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

I suppose you also believe Elvis the Movie "beat Gone With The Wind" when it was shown on TV for the first time in the US too, eh?

Yeah it did - a REPEAT of Gone With The Wind.

It's all about the DETAILS.
Patrick

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
I suppose you also believe Elvis the Movie "beat Gone With The Wind" when it was shown on TV for the first time in the US too, eh?
What was the ball park ratings of aloha then ?
Hee hee

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
US: April 4, 1973: It reached a Neilsen Rating of 33.8%. The exact quote is "Nielsen ratings had the show at 33.8% of homes and 51% of those watching TV".

Japan (live January 14, 1973): Around 40% of TVs were tuned in to the show, one of the biggest-rated shows ever there.

In the Philippines, it reportedly reached a staggering 91.8%.

It is absolutely impossible that one billion people saw the show in 1973; the numbers prove that, and you can see this is both those links I provided.

Some people just don't get it, and continue to swallow the Parker/EPE myth.

Of course, if anyone could actually offer PROOF of this magic billion figure - no one has in 40 years!- I'd be more than happy to acknowledge it.

The Olympics are always the most watched TV event: the recent London Olympics now holds the record as the most watched event ever. This record, of course, will be broken in 2016 in the next Olympics.

Do you know there are Wacko Jacko fans who say his funeral was the most watched event on TV ever? What a joke!
Hee hee

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops.

Forgot to change my name back there to King Elvis - I was having some fun over on the Wacko Jacko forum!
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops, I'll try that again!

Hee hee!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

D =

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

King Elvis wrote:
Kurt Russell played the best Elvis.

I've heard it beat "Gone With The Wind" in the ratings slot.

It was a Dick Clark production in 1979.

A few mistakes but overall, it wasn't bad.

Anyway, remember "Birth Of The Beatles" ???

Dude, they put Elvis on the cover of the TV Guide many, many times.

I collected them all and still have them.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kurt Russell played the best Elvis.
I've heard it beat "Gone With The Wind" in the ratings slot.
A REPEAT of Gone With The Wind, yes.

It was released theatrically in Europe, and here in Australia.

I liked it at the time, but having seen it recently ... it's just awful.

Russell did a good job playing Elvis though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
A REPEAT of Gone With The Wind, yes.
It was released theatrically in Europe, and here in Australia.
I liked it at the time, but having seen it recently ... it's just awful.
Russell did a good job playing Elvis though.
You ever have the misfortune of seeing "Elvis And The Beauty Queen"?

That was truly awful.

But they over did the Elvis thing over the years.

Please, no more.

Kurt Russell did a good job on "Elvis" at the time.

It was seventies television.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever have the misfortune of seeing "Elvis And The Beauty Queen"?
That was truly awful.
I didn't mind it at the time, but I haven't seen it since it was shown on TV in the 80s.

By the way, was I right about shock the cock, that troll from New York?

Didn't I tell you how he'd eventually give up? It took a while, but true to form, he went the way of all the Wacko trolls - back to the sewer! I KNEW it would happen that way!

That thread hasn't seen action since Deember 19th, let's hope it stays that way. God, I hated that little bastard!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mind it at the time, but I haven't seen it since it was shown on TV in the 80s.
By the way, was I right about shock the cock, that troll from New York?
Didn't I tell you how he'd eventually give up? It took a while, but true to form, he went the way of all the Wacko trolls - back to the sewer! I KNEW it would happen that way!
That thread hasn't seen action since Deember 19th, let's hope it stays that way. God, I hated that little bastard!
Elvis really doesn't need anymore bad TV dramas made on his life.

The last one sucked.

I just wish to deal with the new Elvis imports and the music.

I've been hearing amazing things about "Double Chicago" from 1977.

It is being packaged together with "Took A Job In The City"

Cool to get all three concerts on silver disc.

I guess Shock finally gave up on coming here lately.

The bad shit being said about Michael Jackson is not my fault.

Shock tried to bust on Elvis but it clearly does not work.

I just enjoy my Elvis music and my newly found bootlegs.

Hey, you only live once.

Elvis fans can be grateful that Elvis's legacy is still strong.

Too bad for them that Wacko is truly dying out after under 4 years.

Again, why should I care when Elvis is still getting Gold/Platinum?

I am really proud of my artist and we don't owe floons a thing.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

King Elvis wrote:
You forgot one detail ! It also beat out network premiere of One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest too that night!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,421 - 9,440 of12,614
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) 22 hr Ian 1,069
Bob Dylan yes or no (Jun '10) Thu Chris 12
Yoko Ono (Jul '06) Apr 14 Ron 119
my beatles friends (Nov '07) Apr 12 Greg 95
Non-LP Singles, B-Sides, & Rarities From the Be... (Jan '11) Apr 12 Stormin Norm 9
YOU SUCK PAUL McCartney (Jun '13) Apr 11 Jerry Sandusky 125
25 Top Travelers' Choice Destinations Apr 11 John Shatzalot 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••