150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments
9,361 - 9,380 of 12,747 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

The Credit Angel Can Help wrote:
<quoted text>
50 to 60 years ago? Still living in the past, old chap?
People are still talking about them, aren't they?

You lose.
The Credit Angel Can Help

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

chris wrote:
Hey Credit Angel, we all know Beiber will fade away, because as you keep saying we're all old. With age comes wisdom, and we have seen a lot of teen idols come & go. For example, look at the one who helped Beiber get his big break, Usher, he's not as popular as he once was. What about the Jonas Brothers, they were popular for about 2 years, now noone cares about them. It's cool that you like Beiber, but don't expect him to last, because he won't. You may not like Elvis or the Beatles, but millions of people around the world do. And millions more who aren't even born yet will like them. That's the difference between them, & people like Beiber, their music is timeless, his is not.
You are just jealous of Mr Bieber just because he is young, rich and successful. You would love to trade places with him but instead, wasted your youth getting high in the druggy decades of the sixties and seventies, listening to screaming guitar solos and smoking the wacky weed. We know that Justin is living large and will never have to worry about where his next paycheck is going to come from. He grossed 90 million dollars last year. Did you?

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

octo wrote:
<quoted text>
People are still talking about them, aren't they?
You lose.
F You.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

As I speak on Mr Bieber's behalf, I'm reminded of Nazi Germany and how people were branded a lot like what you cruel people are trying to do to Justin. Pure hatred. Mr Bieber has worked hard and long and sweated on stage, busting his chops FOR YOU! His music has reached to all corners of the globe and this is how you repay him? How DARE you! You should all be kissing his golden feet and begging him for forgiveness! Shame on you all! He shall reign until the end of time as the greatest living entertainer the world has ever seen. Never Say Never!
ChasUGC

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

As I speak on Mr Bieber's behalf, I'm reminded of Nazi Germany and how people were branded a lot like what you cruel people are trying to do to Justin. Pure hatred. Mr Bieber has worked hard and long and sweated on stage, busting his chops FOR YOU! His music has reached to all corners of the globe and this is how you repay him? How DARE you! You should all be kissing his golden feet and begging him for forgiveness! Shame on you all! He shall reign until the end of time as the greatest living entertainer the world has ever seen. Never Say Never!
I won't say never. But, I will say Donny Osmond and Leif Garrett.
And, Mr. Bieber is not doing anything for me. I am not a white adolescent female. I don't listen to his records, and I never will. I won't buy any of his CD's until maybe he has matured, and reaches more than white adolescent females with his music.

I guarantee you that you are a white adolescent female probably from a nice upper middle class family. There is nothing wrong with this, and I'm not being racist, I'm just stating fact.

Justin Bieber's biggest hits "As Long As You Love Me", didn't even make it into the top five. But, somehow he has allegedly eclipsed Michael Jackson who had dozens of Number one hits. Please, get real.

Mr. Bieber is nothing more than the latest teen idol.
Enjoy your adolesence while you can, but don't think that you know everything, because you don't.

Just because you listen to the teeny bopper radio stations that don't play classic rock, doesn't mean that no one is listening to those stations. I guarantee you that many people are listening to those stations or they wouldn't be as successful as they are today.

When was the last time you heard Justin Bieber on KLOS 95.5 or 103.5. These are the top soft rock and classic rock stations.
How about even K-ROQ?

Nope, it won't happen. But, you hear the Beatles and Jim Morrison, and Elvis on those stations. Heck, Elvis is even popular on the country stations along with the Beatles. The only stations playing Justin Bieber are the few teeny bopper radio stations, that only adolescent children listen too. Stick to those stations and don't pretend that you know anything about real music or the real world.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah it will sky rocket like a firework go up and come right back down and be burnt out and not reusable again and forgotten about.Oprah is no expert on music you ignoramus.The Beatles music still gets listened to and they broke up in 1970 how many other boy bands or sugar coated pop boy singers can you say that about? Not David Cassity or his little brother Shawn Cassity-Don't you see Justin Bieber is just another Shawn Cassity already on his way out. Of course Oprah couldn't tell him that because she doesn't like to make pretty boys cry and it would bring down her shows ratings.
None of those past pop stars have ever reached the incredible chart heights of Justin Bieber. He has had a string of 27 hit songs on the billboard pop 100 plus a string of top selling compact discs since his debut in 2009. The old druggy bands of the sixties and seventies no longer appeal to the new generation of music buyers because it promotes a loser lifestyle of inactivity. Who wants to hear to horrible noise of screaming guitar solos and dried and balding old men pounding out such rubbish? There is a reason that it is not popular anymore. Oprah has had many musical guests, film and television stars on her program. You are just jealous of Mr Bieber's growing success as an artist. He is not going to go away just because you do not wish to listen to his wonderful and inspiring music. The Beatles were popular a hundred years ago and misled many into a life of drug and alcohol abuse...
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Hey Credit Angel, noone is saying that Bieber doesn't work hard or doesn't deseve his success. I'm not a millionaire, nor am I jealous of those who are. And, he should make as much money as he can. But, you're the one who came on here trying to convince us that he's the greatest thing ever. I'm sorry that we had to give you a little dose of reality, but Bieber isn't going to last, if he keeps doing what he's been doing. If he expects to have a long career, then he has write more mature music, that appeals to older people. His music has to mature along with him & his fans. And, that's the problem with most teen idols/boy bands, their fans grow up, but their music doesn't. So their fans lose interest in them, & when that happens, their career is over. So, for your sake, you'd better hope Bieber starts writing more mature music, or his career will be over. For an example of what I'm talking about, look at Miley Cyrus. She stopped doing the Hanna Montana thing, & she's now doing music that appeals to more than just teenagers & preteens.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

chris wrote:
Hey Credit Angel, noone is saying that Bieber doesn't work hard or doesn't deseve his success. I'm not a millionaire, nor am I jealous of those who are. And, he should make as much money as he can. But, you're the one who came on here trying to convince us that he's the greatest thing ever. I'm sorry that we had to give you a little dose of reality, but Bieber isn't going to last, if he keeps doing what he's been doing. If he expects to have a long career, then he has write more mature music, that appeals to older people. His music has to mature along with him & his fans. And, that's the problem with most teen idols/boy bands, their fans grow up, but their music doesn't. So their fans lose interest in them, & when that happens, their career is over. So, for your sake, you'd better hope Bieber starts writing more mature music, or his career will be over. For an example of what I'm talking about, look at Miley Cyrus. She stopped doing the Hanna Montana thing, & she's now doing music that appeals to more than just teenagers & preteens.
The same thing was said about The Beatles when they first came out.

Jealousy rots the mind.
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

<quoted text>
The same thing was said about The Beatles when they first came out.
Jealousy rots the mind.
I really am not jealous of Justin Bieber. I hope were all wrong about him & he lasts for 20-30 years. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I want him to fail. And, like I said he should make as much money as he can.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

chris wrote:
<quoted text>I really am not jealous of Justin Bieber. I hope were all wrong about him & he lasts for 20-30 years. Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I want him to fail. And, like I said he should make as much money as he can.
My lovely mother and father think that my support of Justin is a bit over the top but I still respect and honor their concerns. However, it does not hurt anyone. King Justin will still be making new music as long as he lives and I will be there.
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

<quoted text>
My lovely mother and father think that my support of Justin is a bit over the top but I still respect and honor their concerns. However, it does not hurt anyone. King Justin will still be making new music as long as he lives and I will be there.
It sounds like you're a typical teenager, & you're right, there's nothing wrong with being infatuated with a pop star. If the rest of Justins fans, are as loyal & dedicated as you are, then he will have a long career.
King Elvis

Epping, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

<quoted text>
None of those past pop stars have ever reached the incredible chart heights of Justin Bieber...
They all made it to No.1 on the Billboard charts, something Bieber has not done.

Bieber has had one major hit; his second song didn't sell as many and his third even less. His career has already peaked, and you are an idiot.
King Elvis

Epping, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

<quoted text>
King Justin will still be making new music as long as he lives and I will be there.
Only a teenager could be so deluded about someone with such minimal talent. Good luck with that.
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
They all made it to No.1 on the Billboard charts, something Bieber has not done.
Bieber has had one major hit; his second song didn't sell as many and his third even less. His career has already peaked, and you are an idiot.
Don't forget, this is a kid we're talking to. I don't think she's an idiot, just naive. She will gain wisdom with age. Even if we don't like Bieber, it doesn't matter, because she loves him, no matter what we say. So the point is moot.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Well The great bands are all getting old but lucky for us some of them still tour and put on great shows still. I saw Joe Walsh last summer and he was in top form and sounded as good as always.Same with the Doobie Brothers they sound even better.I think you saw Alice Cooper and had mentioned he was still good live.Fortunately there are some good classic rock bands around without having to hear the crap that gets played on radio stations now a days. Lady GaGa is a disgrace to popular music.
I still enjoy my unheard rock in the form of imports, Bubba.

And I'm still going to see a few classic bands now and again.

I wouldn't see Lady Gaga for free.

It is just strange to hear kids call guitar solos noise.

My nieces are the same way.

Older people used to call rock n roll noise and cover their ears.

I find that very weird.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
his well is going to dry up because he doesn't even write his own songs.He will become a teenage has been by 2014 just watch and see dimwit.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

chris wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you're a typical teenager, & you're right, there's nothing wrong with being infatuated with a pop star. If the rest of Justins fans, are as loyal & dedicated as you are, then he will have a long career.
Actually, I'm a student that is home for the holidays. I have a cast on my leg and am very uncomfortable. I've read this forum while attending classes but never posted. I have a lot of free time at the moment. I love music and have followed King Justin since 2009.
Bucky

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually, I'm a student that is home for the holidays. I have a cast on my leg and am very uncomfortable. I've read this forum while attending classes but never posted. I have a lot of free time at the moment. I love music and have followed King Justin since 2009.
He is King of nothing. He is just a lucky young Canadian pop star who will soon be just a memory like all the other teeny booper pop singers. Get over it boy!teeny boppers never last long goof ball.
Miss Witchcraft

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Bucky wrote:
<quoted text>He is King of nothing. He is just a lucky young Canadian pop star who will soon be just a memory like all the other teeny booper pop singers. Get over it boy!teeny boppers never last long goof ball.
THE CREDIT ANGEL called me 'a witch' so I'll be FACETIOUS and something else that rhymes with witch. She's full of bull, in that recent post in this thread. These are just my hunches. This person seems androgynous, so I'm not sure weather male or female, but is surely bi-sexual(just my feelings). Has a kid, married or in a sexual relationship, working and waiting for a raise. Actually has a pretty spoiled life it seems. Not a teen, that's for sure but very immature. My feelings on THE CREDIT ANGEL.
Cheers!
Anybody else want a reading without cards?*rolls eyes*
<sips sleepy time tea>
Miss Witchcraft

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

*Has at least one kid, and married or in a...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The year after the Beatles met E 48 min Little monster 168
Women of the Beatles Tue Greg 1
Beatles Las Vegas Aug 20, 1964 (Jan '06) Aug 11 Stuat Pitz 28
11 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The Be... Aug 5 Greg 1
Smoke, ribs, chili, live music a summer treat Aug 3 Fresser Fotze 6
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Aug 3 Evan 19
why is Bob Dylan such a stupid hippie guy (Jun '10) Aug 3 Evan 3
•••
•••