150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments
9,341 - 9,360 of 12,745 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

It is not impossible for the Beatles & Elvis to have over a billion in sales. Their is currrently over 6 billion people in the world. Their were at least 5 billion when they were around. They gain new fans with every generation, because their music is timeless, & some people recognize good music when they hear it. They have sales in the millions every year, if their music didn't sell, then why would they keep making their CDs & records. Where are you getting your info? Because it's wrong. BTW even Beiber understands good music when he hears it, he recently did a song called Let It Be, which is a Beatles song.
The Credit Angel Can Help

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect . Both elvis and the beatles are listed in the guiness 2013 book as the biggest selling acts of all time . Riaa elvis and the beatles are certified at 600 million . Stated at 1 billion . Justin bieber is elvis without the talent
Those numbers are the product of lies. It is impossible to get those figures and were made up by the white record companies to make those two outdated media acts seem bigger than they actually were. But we all know that it was really Michael Jackson that is the biggest selling act of all time. By 1993, he suffered a terrible back lash from the white media because he happened to have molested a white, under aged boy and was attacked viciously because he bought the entire Beatle catalog. Today, Justin Bieber is the new king of pop replacing Michael Jackson on the throne. It is possible that it will be Justin that will own Michael Jackson's entire catalog in a few years. The Beatles are not selling anymore and are not being played on pop radio. I repeat, it is impossible for them or any other artist besides MJ to have sold one billion compact discs.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Just ignore this Bieber-loving idiot, guys.

Another worthless troll.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

chris wrote:
It is not impossible for the Beatles & Elvis to have over a billion in sales. Their is currrently over 6 billion people in the world. Their were at least 5 billion when they were around. They gain new fans with every generation, because their music is timeless, & some people recognize good music when they hear it. They have sales in the millions every year, if their music didn't sell, then why would they keep making their CDs & records. Where are you getting your info? Because it's wrong. BTW even Beiber understands good music when he hears it, he recently did a song called Let It Be, which is a Beatles song.
Their music is old and a product of white media hype. They are not selling millions every year. You need to see a mental health professional for your laughable delusional state. lol!
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Did you actually mention Michael Jackson molesting kids, as if it were no big deal? You are no longer allowed to mention that sick bastard again. I don't care what color his skin was, he was a sick MF, who doesn't ever deserved to be mentioned along with the great Elvis & the Beatles. He is not even in the same league as them. And, just because he's dead, doesn't mean he gets a pass. Also, stop it with your racist accusations, the only color record excutives care about is green.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

chris wrote:
Did you actually mention Michael Jackson molesting kids, as if it were no big deal? You are no longer allowed to mention that sick bastard again. I don't care what color his skin was, he was a sick MF, who doesn't ever deserved to be mentioned along with the great Elvis & the Beatles. He is not even in the same league as them. And, just because he's dead, doesn't mean he gets a pass. Also, stop it with your racist accusations, the only color record excutives care about is green.
Agreed, but just ignore the troll, Chris. That's the best way to combat them - don't give them oxygen.
Rickey Bobby

North Kingstown, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

The Credit Angel Can Help wrote:
It is impossible that The Beatles or Elvis to have a billion in sales since the world's population was a lot lower in the old days and people did not have much money to buy their recordings. Those inflated figures were made up by the white racist recording industry and is just pure nonsense. Nobody is listening to them because they are old wise tales that were built on pure fabrication. Their claims on both so called artists are the results of their over active imaginations of aging. Seriously delusional.
I just thought you were wet in the pants for Jughead Beaver, but now I have the full picture of how stupid you really are. There are multiple generations buying The Beatles and Elvis's music over the past 50 to 60 years. More people have been exposed to their music than anyone new to the music scene (i.e. Jughead). Jughead will never approach the overinflated numbers you post from your fan sources.
Bruce the Almighty no 11

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Rickey Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>I just thought you were wet in the pants for Jughead Beaver, but now I have the full picture of how stupid you really are. There are multiple generations buying The Beatles and Elvis's music over the past 50 to 60 years. More people have been exposed to their music than anyone new to the music scene (i.e. Jughead). Jughead will never approach the overinflated numbers you post from your fan sources.
again .. they sound the same .. be creative... no?
ok. yr problem
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Every Sunday morning many radio stations have two hour shows called Breakfast with the Beatles-Classic Rock stations play Beatle songs now and then.Did not smile or dance ? boy you are dumb and lacking in musical history knowledge. I have news for you dufus People of color as you put it were played a lot before the Beatles why do you think the Beatles covered Chuck Berry-Little Richard-and Motown. Maybe you don't even know what Mo-town is? Justin Beiber is just another Donny Osmund or Lief Garrett type of teeny booper sugar coated pretty boy already on his way out fool.I'll give One Direction credit all the way butt buddy land where they came from.This era sucks now so put on your Bieber CD's and enjoy the cheesey lack of talent you call King.
I doubt this person even knows who Donny Osmond or Leif Garett is. That's because their left on the pile of garbage the record companies churn out to make a quick buck. Beiber and One Direction will end up there as well.
Bruce the Almighty no 11

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt in my mind that One direction and Bieber will fade away just like all the other daffy boy bands like Boys to Men and Back Street boys and N Synch. These daffy boy bands don't have any real talent for playing instruments or writing their own songs for that matter.Therefore they have no lasting power like the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith have had. Another one bites the dust and I can't wait to see which ones drop off with their sugary diffy daffy songs wrote for entertaining 13 year old girls.No one over 21 is a Bieber fan unless they are gay. Bruno Mars the new Michael Jackson- always some goof on the up coming list to have a short term career.
HANDS OFF DA MOON BOY ! outta comparison wut da Bib-boy 6 his Hello Kittys - EAT THIS for an up an coming music comet

Bruno MARS when I was yr man
http://youtu.be/WXaXKS7kofM

now that's what music means in my book
janeJoJHO
Rickey Bobby

North Kingstown, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Bruce the Almighty no 11 wrote:
<quoted text>
again .. they sound the same .. be creative... no?
ok. yr problem
Okay Mr. One-liner. Maybe you, yourself can be more creative. I only have a problem with the pedophile Michael Jackson. You're certainly no problem for me.
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

I just wanted to make a point about the so-called racism in the music industry. Everyone has already mentioned the rock n roll greats from the 50s, like Chuck Berry & Little Richard. Motown from the 60s has also been mentioned. But, if we go back further to the 30s & 40s, their were a lot of black jazz & blues musicians, who were well respected. And today, a lot of them are thought of as pioneers & legends.
Jims Evil twin

Lincoln, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

http://youtu.be/ldwDvw99HHs
What A little Moonlight can do -Billie Holiday
1935-Billie Holiday black female singer -Benny Goodman white man wailing on clarinet. I'm not sure color of other players but it doesnt matter does it?

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Rickey Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>I just thought you were wet in the pants for Jughead Beaver, but now I have the full picture of how stupid you really are. There are multiple generations buying The Beatles and Elvis's music over the past 50 to 60 years. More people have been exposed to their music than anyone new to the music scene (i.e. Jughead). Jughead will never approach the overinflated numbers you post from your fan sources.
50 to 60 years ago? Still living in the past, old chap?

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>Every Sunday morning many radio stations have two hour shows called Breakfast with the Beatles-Classic Rock stations play Beatle songs now and then.Did not smile or dance ? boy you are dumb and lacking in musical history knowledge. I have news for you dufus People of color as you put it were played a lot before the Beatles why do you think the Beatles covered Chuck Berry-Little Richard-and Motown. Maybe you don't even know what Mo-town is? Justin Beiber is just another Donny Osmund or Lief Garrett type of teeny booper sugar coated pretty boy already on his way out fool.I'll give One Direction credit all the way butt buddy land where they came from.This era sucks now so put on your Bieber CD's and enjoy the cheesey lack of talent you call King.
Mr Bieber just got a huge endorsement from Oprah. Women listen to every word she says and watch her religiously. His career is going to skyrocket while The Beatles stay strictly in the past like you, old timer.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt in my mind that One direction and Bieber will fade away just like all the other daffy boy bands like Boys to Men and Back Street boys and N Synch. These daffy boy bands don't have any real talent for playing instruments or writing their own songs for that matter.Therefore they have no lasting power like the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith have had. Another one bites the dust and I can't wait to see which ones drop off with their sugary diffy daffy songs wrote for entertaining 13 year old girls.No one over 21 is a Bieber fan unless they are gay. Bruno Mars the new Michael Jackson- always some goof on the up coming list to have a short term career.
It is expected that males be jealous of singers that appeal to females. And The Beatles were there once also. But both Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are old men. This is the new generation. How would you know that Mr Bieber will fade away?
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Jims Evil twin wrote:
http://youtu.be/ldwDvw99HHs
What A little Moonlight can do -Billie Holiday
1935-Billie Holiday black female singer -Benny Goodman white man wailing on clarinet. I'm not sure color of other players but it doesnt matter does it?
I know color doesn't or shouldn't matter, but Credit Angel kept bringing it up, so I felt the need to address it. I wish people would stop playing the race card whenever someone disagrees with them. I thought race relations in this country were getting better. I mean we elected & re-elected one the worst presidents ever, just because he's black.
chris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Hey Credit Angel, we all know Beiber will fade away, because as you keep saying we're all old. With age comes wisdom, and we have seen a lot of teen idols come & go. For example, look at the one who helped Beiber get his big break, Usher, he's not as popular as he once was. What about the Jonas Brothers, they were popular for about 2 years, now noone cares about them. It's cool that you like Beiber, but don't expect him to last, because he won't. You may not like Elvis or the Beatles, but millions of people around the world do. And millions more who aren't even born yet will like them. That's the difference between them, & people like Beiber, their music is timeless, his is not.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

chris wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt this person even knows who Donny Osmond or Leif Garett is. That's because their left on the pile of garbage the record companies churn out to make a quick buck. Beiber and One Direction will end up there as well.
My sister liked Leif Garrett when she was eight or nine.

The poor bastard really wasn't that bad.

He was a guest star once on the 70's show, "Chips"

And I believe he was in the original, "Standing Tall" film.

He was just a kid.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Poppa Jivebones wrote:
Where are the great rock bands, Bubba?

I mean, Heavy Metal and hair bands pretty much disappeared.

The younger generation does not seem to like rock n roll.

Who really gives a shit what Justin Bieber does or doesn't do?

Whatever.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Beatles Discussions

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Jul 19 Jimbo 1
Today in Rock: July 14 Jul 14 Will Dockery 1
The year after the Beatles met E Jul 12 Beedle Bug 111
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
Ringo turns 74 Jul 7 Greg 1
john lennon glasses Jul 6 skamilla 1
3 vip tickets for ringo starr july 13 san jose Jul 1 StarkeyTix 2
•••
•••