150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments (Page 464)

Showing posts 9,261 - 9,280 of12,733
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
King Elvis

Ryde, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

RICK wrote:
Funny,Kingster,but Joel Whitburn has written a couple of BILLBOARD chart music books,massive in size,and HE puts The King as the no.1 singles artist of the rock era,asswipe,and the hot 100 chart,consolidated,BEGAN IN AUGUST OF 1958,NOT 1961,MORON,WHO CARES WHAT YEAR THE ACTUAL MAGAZINE BEGAN,THAT'S IRRELEVANT TO WHAT WER'E TALKING ABOUT,PINHEAD,AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION FROM A PREVIOUS POST,WHY IS ELVIS SO BELOVED BY THE PUBLIC,C'MON,KING OF THE EPIC FAILS,GIVE ME AN ANSWER,SEE YA.
Who cares when the actual magazine began?

Unbelievable ...
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

No,it's not,and that'a why they're cheating Elvis,kingster,because they EXCLUDE 1956,1957,and 8 months of 1958,in August of 1958,Elvis was already in in the Army,that's like taking 1964,1965,and 1966 away from The Beatles,and I,as an Elvis aficionado,find this a VERY unfair thing that BILLBOARD magazine is doing to Elvis,PERIOD,but I can't say I'm surprised,peace out.
King Elvis

Ryde, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

RICK wrote:
No,it's not,and that'a why they're cheating Elvis,kingster,because they EXCLUDE 1956,1957,and 8 months of 1958,in August of 1958,Elvis was already in in the Army,that's like taking 1964,1965,and 1966 away from The Beatles,and I,as an Elvis aficionado,find this a VERY unfair thing that BILLBOARD magazine is doing to Elvis,PERIOD,but I can't say I'm surprised,peace out.
Hell, while they're at it, why don't they go back to the 20s, 30s and 40s then!

FFS.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

I started out singing in boxcars in the 50's but never was given credit until 1959 for my ability to entertain drunks and be a singing drunk myself.RIAA never reports my success I had in 1961 up tp now. They never want to give old Elmer a break damn it now redneck Toby Kieth has stold my idea and is singing drinking songs and getting all the credit damn him.
Jon Thissen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

What do you think the most visionary brands are? I conducted a survey about this question. Please help me finishing my study at the University of Amsterdam by willing to participate in my survey. It just takes 10 minutes.

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1064986/Visiona...
Emer Jackson

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Judged:

Jon Thissen wrote:
What do you think the most visionary brands are? I conducted a survey about this question. Please help me finishing my study at the University of Amsterdam by willing to participate in my survey. It just takes 10 minutes.
http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1064986/Visiona...
Well when I drink I drink only visionary brands.I started out with cheap wines like Thunderbird and Mogan David you know cheap brands but after I became better known I moved onto better brands that are more visionary like Captain Morgan and Hose Cuervo.Yep the more expensive visionary brands are worth the cost because they give me more of a buzz so I can entertain better. Now I'm a singing visionary drunk.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

You were talking about the KISS album Destroyer,which I bought many years ago and thought was a so so album,but here are my favorite KISS albums,they are,in no particular order,KISS ALIVE I,1975,KISS ALIVE II,[with the best track b eing Ace Frehley's `Shock Me',with Ace's amazing and explosive guitar solo ending,what a talent],`HOTTER THAN HELL',their self titled debut album `KISS',1973,with the great track `COLD GIN',`DRESSED TO KILL',1975,with another 2 great tracks,`ROCK BOTTOM'and ,of course,their signature song,`ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT[and party every day],and more recently[1998],`PSYCHO CIRCUS],I wasn't a fan of their makeupless years,and without Ace Frehley and Peter Criss,I don't consider them the REAL KISS,peace out.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I once asked KISS if I could be their opening act but they said no since I don't wear silly make up. Too bad Boxcar Willie died because he was willin to let me tour with him and Jim beam was going to be our sponsor for that tour.My next record is going to be called all dressed to drink. Toby Kieth better not try to copy me or I'll whip his redneck butt all over the South.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
Rant Ranting Ranties Rant
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Rant Rave then settle down have another drink yep that's my motto. I've never tried to sing heavy metal but I can sing the empty bottle blues or boxcar hobo shuffle.I have rode the rails sang in jails and have sang in alley ways and that helped shape my career. I'm trying to get Wallmart to let me sing in their parking lots and carry my next CD I put out. Elmer sings the discount drinking songs.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Elvis live 69 - On Stage 70 - MSG 72-Aloha 73-Memphis 74-In Concert 77 All live albums that sold well . 1977 in concert is the worst( Elvis wasnt very healthy)but it still has some good performances.
MauricePColgan

Dublin, Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Elvis's Christmas Album of 1957 remains the best selling xmas album, probably next month too!:-)

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com
NeverBeTheLonely One

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

awc wrote:
The Beatles and Elvis are always # 1 &2.
No matter what forum, these two ROCK!
I agree, They are, and always will be the best!
*Check out Beatlemania Is Forever on Facebook!*
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

I'm the best singing drunk there ever was. Now pass me that bottle man!
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Hey,Never be the lonely one,you have that reversed,Elvis is the best NO.1 and The Beatles are NO.2,I'VE GOT THE FIGURES TO PROVE IT,TOO,IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE THEM,JUST HOLLER,PEACE OUT.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

And about Elvis's live albums of the 70's,Jim,`ON STAGE,FEBRUARY,1970'was a terrific album,so was `ELVIS LIVE AT THE INTERNATIONAL HOTEL',`ELVIS LIVE AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN'was so so,`ELVIS LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS'was a good album,with a rare performance of his 50's gem `My Baby Left Me',and I liked `ALOHA FROM HAWAII',the CD transferred to stereo from the poor quality quadrophonic[4 channels] 1973 release,the difference in quality of sound from quad to stereo is HUGE,and I thought `ELVIS IN CONCERT'was an OK album,and is important because it captured some of Elvis's final performances in concert,an important historical release,peace to you and happy thanksgiving,Jim,peace out
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RICK wrote:
Hey,Never be the lonely one,you have that reversed,Elvis is the best NO.1 and The Beatles are NO.2,I'VE GOT THE FIGURES TO PROVE IT,TOO,IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE THEM,JUST HOLLER,PEACE OUT.
They are both number one-Elvis was number one as a single act-The Beatles number one as a group. No proof needed just the facts Like Sargent Joe Friday always said just the facts Mam.
King Elvis

Blacktown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Oh dear, Rick.

"And about Elvis's live albums of the 70's,Jim,`ON STAGE,FEBRUARY,1970'was a terrific album,so was `ELVIS LIVE AT THE INTERNATIONAL HOTEL'

Can anyone spot the mistake here?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

No 1971,1975 or 1976 live elvis album regular release. I think every year of live shows ,Elvis and band sounded a little different.
Char

Chelmsford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

KB50MJ wrote:
Thanks IFIP for proving that MJ is the biggest selling solo artist in music history.
Just so you know, elvis is the biggest selling artist of all time. he has 1,001 number 1's worlwide and has sold over 1.8 billion records....MJ is norwhere near the King of music

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,261 - 9,280 of12,733
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The year after the Beatles met E Sat Beedle Bug 111
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
Ringo turns 74 Jul 7 Greg 1
john lennon glasses Jul 6 skamilla 1
3 vip tickets for ringo starr july 13 san jose Jul 1 StarkeyTix 2
Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles Jun 19 BeatleFan56 1
Ask Billboard: Michael Jackson, 'Back' To The... Jun '14 Country Boy 2
•••
•••