150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12899 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#9476 Oct 23, 2012
Damn those guys at Rolling Stone magazine. They mocked my success and have a strong bias against my singing because of my drinking and making many drunks happy.You know it's not easy being me and living on the skids while I travel about to sing for drunks and whoever else will listen to me.I've been told that with the right manager I could be the next Boxcar Willie but Rolling Stone counterculture media doesn't want any part of me Damn them.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9477 Oct 23, 2012
RICK wrote:
You contradicted yourself in your last post,Kingster,and in the process you PROVED the point I've been making all along,ROLLING STONE is a magazine that is preferential to 60's music and the subsequent generations influenced by those artists,Elvis didn't follow the 60's counterculture agenda,either socially OR MUSICALLY either,the styles of music that Elvis cut his teeth on are the styles of music the 60's counterculture DISMISS[Country and Western,Gospel,romantic ballads,Rockabilly,etc..]and therein lies the BIAS,along with the fact that he emerged in the 50's,and not the 60's.But to me,these people sound very foolish,because look at the results Elvis's musical approach have earned him,you've heard the old expression `you can't knock success',right,but that's exactly what the 60's counterculture media is doing in Elvis's case,KNOCKING HIS SUCCESS,peace out.
Show us examples of where RS "dismiss" country, gospel etc and how it - or any other example of 60s media is knocking Elvis' success.

For ONCE, give us an example to prove your point. Just once.

Either put up or shut up: I'm sick to death of you shooting off your mouth without actually backing up your statements with actual EXAMPLES to prove your point.

Until you do that, you're just talking out of your ass.

And learn English: preferential does NOT mean a bias against something.
Elmer Jackson

Bothell, WA

#9478 Oct 23, 2012
I've said it once and I'll say it again Elmer Jackson doesn't sing for peanuts I sing for free drinks damn it! Now where's the booze?
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9479 Oct 25, 2012
Kingster,I've given PLENTY of examples of the 60's counterculture's bias against Elvis,from BILLBOARD'S cutting off of Elvis's first 3 big years in the industry and placing him 7th on their laughable hot 100 list when he'e actually the no.1 singles artist of the Rock era to the RIAA'S refusal to recognize his hundreds of millions of UNCREDITED U.S sales in order to deny him his true credit as the top selling act in U.S history,along with their equally biased european counterpart,the IFIP,and not to mention the cheap shot attacks on Elvis's southern heritage, and HIS FANS,LIKE ME,have not escaped their wrath,either,but if you think that there is no bias against this man,KEEP DREAMING,but I know BETTER,peace out.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9480 Oct 25, 2012
RICK wrote:
Kingster,I've given PLENTY of examples of the 60's counterculture's bias against Elvis,from BILLBOARD'S cutting off of Elvis's first 3 big years in the industry and placing him 7th on their laughable hot 100 list when he'e actually the no.1 singles artist of the Rock era to the RIAA'S refusal to recognize his hundreds of millions of UNCREDITED U.S sales in order to deny him his true credit as the top selling act in U.S history,along with their equally biased european counterpart,the IFIP,and not to mention the cheap shot attacks on Elvis's southern heritage, and HIS FANS,LIKE ME,have not escaped their wrath,either,but if you think that there is no bias against this man,KEEP DREAMING,but I know BETTER,peace out.
Just one minor flaw in your argument there, musical genius.

Billboard was founded in 1894, as a magazine for advertising, and didn't become a music magazine until 1961.

That's right, genius - five years after Elvis cracked it big.

You really should learn some facts before making your posts; your credibility diminishes each time you put fingers to keyboard.

And don't bother dredging up your usual bullshit about how they should go back to 1956 either. The mag as it is now started in 1961 (long before the counter culture) so having Elvis placed No. 7 on their all time Top 100 is pretty damn good.

Also, the RIAA don't refuse to recognise anything, moron. They have strict sales rules (that apply to EVERY ARTIST, so there's no bias) and if RCA/Sony/BMG fail to meet their criteria, so be it.

Oh, and feel free to give us examples of where Elvis was attacked for his southern roots by this media of which you speak. Good luck with that.

Honestly, your posts are just sad now, they're not even a challenge.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#9481 Oct 25, 2012
Damn billboard magazine never mentions me. I've been singing for drunks for over 20 years now.They did attack me for my leaves and green bud but they couldn't attack my roots because they don't know where I was born.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9482 Oct 27, 2012
I thought Rick or King Elvis would comment on Rolling Stone reviews of Elvis 70's albumns. I think On Stage in Memphis,Promised Land, Today all contained some good rock and roll,country,pop music. Three albums I listened to alot summer of 75
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9483 Oct 27, 2012
jim - wrote:
I thought Rick or King Elvis would comment on Rolling Stone reviews of Elvis 70's albumns. I think On Stage in Memphis,Promised Land, Today all contained some good rock and roll,country,pop music. Three albums I listened to alot summer of 75
I've made left-handed mentions.

What Rick can't get through his head is that Elvis and his work aren't beyond negative criticism.

And negative criticism does not mean a bias against Elvis, or anyone.

Location hidden

#9484 Oct 27, 2012
I just mention three albums toward end of Elvis life 74/75 released within 12 month period-I'm thinking they all got a decent review in Rolling Stone magazine.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9485 Oct 27, 2012
jim - wrote:
I just mention three albums toward end of Elvis life 74/75 released within 12 month period-I'm thinking they all got a decent review in Rolling Stone magazine.
They probably did.

But even if Rolling Stone said they were the three greatest albums ever, Rick would still find some way to skew the reviews to shore up his nonsensical claims of bias.

If he could even provide just one example of what he suggests, then he might have some credibility, but as it is ... he's got nothin'.

Anyway, it's only a few days until Prince From Another Planet; I'm so looking forward to that!

Location hidden

#9486 Oct 27, 2012
I looked and found a R.S.review of Elvis recorded on stage in Memphis and it was good! anyway thats a good live album ,I like that Graceland is on cover also.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9487 Oct 28, 2012
jim - wrote:
I looked and found a R.S.review of Elvis recorded on stage in Memphis and it was good! anyway thats a good live album ,I like that Graceland is on cover also.
The original album's mix was awful - some extra applause was dubbed.

The FTD reissue was fine, except that it didn't include the false start for Help Me.

The bootleg 'Fifth Time Around' is the best version of this show - absolutely complete and uncut.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9488 Oct 29, 2012
Kingster,as I said before,I'VE GIVEN PLENTY OF EXAMPLES OF MEDIA BIAS TOWARDS ELVIS,you idiot,I'ts not my fault you're selective as to what's only convenient to your dumb ears,peanut butter brain,and tell ME,genius,what I've said that isn't TRUE,DUMBASS,Billboard DID cut off Elvis's first 3 big years in the industry and place him 7th,and the RIAA HAS cut off HUNDREDS OF millions of his U.S sales,it's true that their baffling rules apply to everyone,as you say,but those other artists you allude to DIDN'T OUTSELL THE BEATLES,ONLY ONE ARTIST HAS,GENIUS,AND THAT'S ELVIS PRESLEY,AND THERIN LIES THEIR BIAS TOWARDS ELVIS,YOU INCLUDE ELVIS'S `UNCREDITED' SALES,AND THE KING HAS THE FAB FOUR CREAMED,SO NOTHING YOU HAVE SAID DISPROVES ANYTHING I'VE SAID,BIRDBRAIN,SEE YA.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9489 Oct 29, 2012
And Jimbo,I,like you,listened to A LOT of Elvis's 70's albums,and I loved them,as you did,from `ELVIS TODAY'1975,to `ELVIS RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS'1974,to `ELVIS COUNTRY'1971,and who can forget those RCA CAMDEN and Pickwick `budget' albums that were sold in 5 and dime stores like WOOLWORTH and ZAYRE stores,like `LET'S BE FRIENDS'and `ELVIS SINGS FLAMING STAR' and others,those albums were impossible to avoid when walking in those stores during the decade of the 1970's,and I remember,as a 10 year old boy,buying the Elvis single `FOR OL' TIMES SAKE/RAISED ON ROCK' in September,1973,at a WOOLWORTH store[I STILL HAVE THAT RECORD,WITH THE PICTURE SLEEVE INTACT]so Elvis's 70's records bring back a lot of fond memories of my childhood,as I'm sure they do for you,Jim,peace to you.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9490 Oct 29, 2012
And one more time,Kingster,Elvis is NOT the no.7 singles artist of the Rock era,DUMBASS,WHEN 1956,1957,AND 8 MONTHS OF 1958 ARE INCLUDED,DUMBASS,HE'S THE NO.1 SINGLES ARTIST OF THE ROCK AND ROLL ERA,BY FAR,AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO POST,FOR PROBABLY THE MILLIONTH TIME,HIS RECORD SALES IN THE U.S,AND GLADLY POINT OUT THE RIAA'S GLARING AND LAUGHABLE AND MASSIVELY WATERED DOWN AND INACCURATE ELVIS SALES NUMBERS,JUST SAY THE WORD,GENIUS,and I'll prove you wrong,as I always do,anyhow,see ya.
Elmer

Bothell, WA

#9491 Oct 29, 2012
RIAA never once counted any of my records.My greatest drinking songs compilation never once gets mentioned.Rolling Stone did once compare me too Box Car Willie but never gave me any reviews on my live performance at any saloon or truck stop I've sang at.I'm sure there is a bias against me because they know I'm almost famous and I can sing and drink with the best of them. Now somebody pass me that Bottle.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9492 Oct 29, 2012
RICK wrote:
Kingster,as I said before,I'VE GIVEN PLENTY OF EXAMPLES OF MEDIA BIAS TOWARDS ELVIS,you idiot,
And I've said it before, why don't you post them.

It's not a matter of being selective.

Can anyone else here recall you posting even one example of media bias?

Nope.

And no, the fact that the RIAA, Billboard etc don't conform to your twisted rules isn't an example of bias.
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9493 Oct 29, 2012
RICK wrote:
And one more time,Kingster,Elvis is NOT the no.7 singles artist of the Rock era,DUMBASS,WHEN 1956,1957,AND 8 MONTHS OF 1958 ARE INCLUDED,DUMBASS,HE'S THE NO.1 SINGLES ARTIST OF THE ROCK AND ROLL ERA,BY FAR,
Once again, moron, Billboard didn't become a music magazine until 1961 ... THAT'S why Elvis is No. 7 on their list.

Yes, had they begun in 1956, he'd probably be No.1.

But it started as a music magazine in 1961, so GET OVER IT!

WHY did I expect you to comprehend what I wrote above? Silly me ...
King Elvis

Stanmore, Australia

#9494 Oct 29, 2012
RICK wrote:
HE'S THE NO.1 SINGLES ARTIST OF THE ROCK AND ROLL ERA,BY FAR,AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO POST,FOR PROBABLY THE MILLIONTH TIME,HIS RECORD SALES IN THE U.S,AND GLADLY POINT OUT THE RIAA'S GLARING AND LAUGHABLE AND MASSIVELY WATERED DOWN AND INACCURATE ELVIS SALES NUMBERS,JUST SAY THE WORD,GENIUS,and I'll prove you wrong,as I always do,anyhow,see ya.
Moron, the list isn;t about who's No.1 "in the rock'n'roll era", it's about who's on the BILLBOARD LIST - a list which began in 1961.

Idiot!

Here - again - is Billboard's take on Elvis:

"Elvis Presley may be the single most important figure in American 20th century popular music. Not necessarily the best, and certainly not the most consistent. But no one could argue with the fact that he was the musician most responsible for popularizing rock & roll on an international level."

Owned.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9495 Oct 30, 2012
Funny,Kingster,but Joel Whitburn has written a couple of BILLBOARD chart music books,massive in size,and HE puts The King as the no.1 singles artist of the rock era,asswipe,and the hot 100 chart,consolidated,BEGAN IN AUGUST OF 1958,NOT 1961,MORON,WHO CARES WHAT YEAR THE ACTUAL MAGAZINE BEGAN,THAT'S IRRELEVANT TO WHAT WER'E TALKING ABOUT,PINHEAD,AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION FROM A PREVIOUS POST,WHY IS ELVIS SO BELOVED BY THE PUBLIC,C'MON,KING OF THE EPIC FAILS,GIVE ME AN ANSWER,SEE YA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The worst idea the Beatles ever had 8 hr Declining Popularity 1
News Satellite radio's SiriusXM is debuting Beatles ... 9 hr Declining Popularity 2
Poll The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin (Sep '11) 9 hr Declining Popularity 102
Poll Is Ringo's Nose bigger than Mick Jagger's Lips? (Oct '07) May 10 Atsa Lotsa Teefs 28
Imagine if John Lennon was not "neutralized" by... Apr 27 justicewell 1
Beatles Album Revolver Apr '17 Anonymous 1
News Beatlemania heads to JET Saturday night Apr '17 UK eh 1
More from around the web