150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Thanks IFIP for proving that MJ is the biggest selling solo artist in music history.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Taking cites of opinion from another forum as fact again K'f'loon?

OP of that post was a user who didn't cite any references, NOT IFIP you waterhaid:
==========
britney_rocks

==========

Then another poster came on:

Nov 19th, 2005, 05:38 PM #4
Name: Guess

Quote:
::Rolleyes
Um, The article is false.

[End quote]
==========
And that one had over 12,000 posts too.

<snicker>

“What's new pussycat?”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Ja, this was a list that appeared once on Wikipedia (and promoted by fans of Madonna) but has since been found to be fake. The current version of the article can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-sel...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

I noticed that this is posted both in MJ forum and Elvis Presley forum. How do you set it up so it get posted in both?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

and in the beatles forum too

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

The dunce poster, KB50MJ, applied for an editorship of the Wack0Jack0 forum. He's like the rest of the Wack0Jack0 fanbase who hoist up a pedophile as a god, and just made this post in those newsgroups too because it was "on-topic". The more people who see it, the more his version of reality exists, apparently. <lol>
His version of "news" is quite out of here, innit?

We call people like him f'loons, because they live life in a fantasy world. Come on over to the Michael Jackson forum and see for yourself(ves). The entertainment factor alone is priceless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Ok, I'll take a look!

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

The Beatles and Elvis are always # 1 &2.
No matter what forum, these two ROCK!

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Reality_Awaits wrote:
Taking cites of opinion from another forum as fact again K'f'loon?
OP of that post was a user who didn't cite any references, NOT IFIP you waterhaid:
==========
britney_rocks
==========
Then another poster came on:
Nov 19th, 2005, 05:38 PM #4
Name: Guess
Quote:
::Rolleyes
Um, The article is false.
[End quote]
==========
And that one had over 12,000 posts too.
<snicker>
Its on many places. It was a press release from 2007 from the IFIP, and you can find this list on many web sites.

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

InDaHouse wrote:
Ja, this was a list that appeared once on Wikipedia (and promoted by fans of Madonna) but has since been found to be fake. The current version of the article can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-sel...
Its on many places. It was a press release from 2007 from the IFIP, and you can find this list on many web sites.

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

awc wrote:
The Beatles and Elvis are always # 1 &2.
No matter what forum, these two ROCK!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Spamming the forum again, K'f'loon?

Temper tantrum f'loon posts would be frowned upon by competent topix admins. They would have second thoughts about approving a spammer to be an editor. Better kill them posts, censorshitboi.

tsk tsk tsk....

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Reality_Awaits wrote:
Spamming the forum again, K'f'loon?
Temper tantrum f'loon posts would be frowned upon by competent topix admins. They would have second thoughts about approving a spammer to be an editor. Better kill them posts, censorshitboi.
tsk tsk tsk....
But is true, that list came from the IFPI in 2007 and it was released to the public. You can find this list anywhere on google.
Karma Works

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

KB50MJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure this list is found on many websites, and it is claimed to be sourced from the IFPI, but that is not the case. Unless you can find a genuine source, we'll have to call bullshite on this one f'loonie

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Karma Works wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure this list is found on many websites, and it is claimed to be sourced from the IFPI, but that is not the case. Unless you can find a genuine source, we'll have to call bullshite on this one f'loonie
Just type in the name on google. This list was floating aroung like crazy around 2007, and it makes sence and it depicts the people's realistic record sales, nit the crap that the record companies give you.

If you knew anything on how the music industry works you would know how accurate the list is.
Karma Works

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

KB50MJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just type in the name on google. This list was floating aroung like crazy around 2007, and it makes sence and it depicts the people's realistic record sales, nit the crap that the record companies give you.
Now f'loonie, I know it makes sense to you, because you are a f'loonie, but us smart people don't believe things just because it is on a bunch of sites on the interweb. I have seen this list on many sites, but you know what? There is NEVER a link to the supposed source, just some vague talk about the IFPI. It is nowhere to be found on the IFPI website, or even the Wayback Machine - http://web.archive.org/web/ */http://www.ifpi.org - and it isn't mentioned on any news sites. Why, we may as well say that Wacko is guilty because it "makes sense" and "depicts the people's realistic view of him" and you will have to believe us, huh?
KB50MJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything on how the music industry works you would know how accurate the list is.
You have proven many times you have no knowledge of how the music industry works. You even said that Wacko "composed" all the songs on Thriller, and that is patently untrue.

Once again, calling bullshite on this "news" story.

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Karma Works wrote:
<quoted text>
Now f'loonie, I know it makes sense to you, because you are a f'loonie, but us smart people don't believe things just because it is on a bunch of sites on the interweb. I have seen this list on many sites, but you know what? There is NEVER a link to the supposed source, just some vague talk about the IFPI. It is nowhere to be found on the IFPI website, or even the Wayback Machine - http://web.archive.org/web/ */http://www.ifpi.org - and it isn't mentioned on any news sites. Why, we may as well say that Wacko is guilty because it "makes sense" and "depicts the people's realistic view of him" and you will have to believe us, huh?
<quoted text>
You have proven many times you have no knowledge of how the music industry works. You even said that Wacko "composed" all the songs on Thriller, and that is patently untrue.
Once again, calling bullshite on this "news" story.
I didn't say he composed all, I said he composed most.

And those numbers are accurate, because I cacualted them myself.

The Beatels and ELvis selling over a billion is crap, the same with Michael selling 750 million, they are just put out there for publicity.

I cacualted the sales of All top 5 and those numbers are actually very acurate, where ever they came from, the person did a good job.

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Did anyone see the nice quote under KB50MJ's profile. He feels himself to be quite omnipotent, it seems:

"I feel MJ News should be given to the public with accurate and honest, editing. And I'm the Man."

I <heart> the comma between "honest" and "editing". How appropriate, huh?

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

KB50MJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And those numbers are accurate, because I cacualted them myself.
And they're worth the paper they're written on.

Geez, I never saw such a great f'loon declaration in my life. Including the "cacualted". God knows I'd believe anything anyone of such STELLAR intelligence calculated for *moi*.

Holy crap.

<<<<GOL>> >>

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Dark_Island wrote:
<quoted text>
And they're worth the paper they're written on.
Geez, I never saw such a great f'loon declaration in my life. Including the "cacualted". God knows I'd believe anything anyone of such STELLAR intelligence calculated for *moi*.
Holy crap.
<<<<GOL>> >>
Well you know nothing about the music buissness and its workings. Those are very accurate info.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Beatles Discussions

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Beatles Are Overrated (Jul '09) Fri Ian 1,069
Bob Dylan yes or no (Jun '10) Thu Chris 12
Yoko Ono (Jul '06) Apr 14 Ron 119
my beatles friends (Nov '07) Apr 12 Greg 95
Non-LP Singles, B-Sides, & Rarities From the Be... (Jan '11) Apr 12 Stormin Norm 9
YOU SUCK PAUL McCartney (Jun '13) Apr 11 Jerry Sandusky 125
25 Top Travelers' Choice Destinations Apr 11 John Shatzalot 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••