Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Since early, The Beatles, recorded three types of Caribbean Music. Do anybody remember which were?
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

"P.S. I Love you", "Till there was you", "I call your name", "Ob la di, Ob la da". I can't categorise the types or the styles but the last two had ska and reggae influence. There are some others as well like "And I love her", the guitar intro and its chords are in my opinion latin oriented. "Besame mucho"(Kiss me much)...
Hey Mon

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Gerry Zaragemca wrote:
Since early, The Beatles, recorded three types of Caribbean Music. Do anybody remember which were?
What three songs did they do with a Caribbean rhythm? I don't remember any. Ask me Why was sort of a different rhythm styled song.
Gerry Zaragemca

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Welcome, Greg, you are pretty good. Obladi Oblada, is one of the Caribbean style,(Reggae- two drops/ Ska). You need to more. To Hey Mon. The were exploring and they have a lot of Caribbean people in England to take advantage of it. Gerry Zaragemca
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Gerry Zaragemca wrote:
Welcome, Greg, you are pretty good. Obladi Oblada, is one of the Caribbean style,(Reggae- two drops/ Ska). You need to more. To Hey Mon. The were exploring and they have a lot of Caribbean people in England to take advantage of it. Gerry Zaragemca
Thanks Gerry. Welcome? Oh man, I've been posting here for seven years! With some intervals...I forgot "You know my name(Look up the number)". I think it has a lot of caribbean style music in it. Are you from the Caribbean Islands originated?
Chet Bretson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Gerry Zaragemca wrote:
Obladi Oblada is more of a Polka than a Carribean rhythm.I Me mine is a waltz I still can't think of any with a reggae or Caribbean rhythm I give up you tell us Gerry.
Gerry Zaragemca

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Welcome Bretson. I Have Played Mexican Music, (Polkas and Corridos and Guapangos. You could be write in relation to the, Waltz, but it is of European origin. The Mexican Music did incorporate it, but Mexico is not considered a Caribbean Island. Obladi Oblada is a (Reggaae two drops / Ska). To Greg. I'm from Cuba, and I know upside down inside up. The whole Caribbean affairs. I wait a little bit and come out which the candies.
Bret Chetson

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Gerry Zaragemca wrote:
Welcome Bretson. I Have Played Mexican Music,(Polkas and Corridos and Guapangos. You could be write in relation to the, Waltz, but it is of European origin. The Mexican Music did incorporate it, but Mexico is not considered a Caribbean Island. Obladi Oblada is a (Reggaae two drops / Ska). To Greg. I'm from Cuba, and I know upside down inside up. The whole Caribbean affairs. I wait a little bit and come out which the candies.
BoBaLoo BoBaloo Ricky Ricardo king of Cuban Congo Rhythm. Tex Mex Freddie Fender chicano latino elguitaro.
Gerry zaragemca

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Greg you are good, 'You know my name' and 'Anna', are both Caribbean Music. They are, 'Calipso'
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Gerry zaragemca wrote:
Greg you are good,'You know my name' and 'Anna', are both Caribbean Music. They are,'Calipso'
Thanks, and thanks for the info too about the Caribbean musical style. I need to be educated on that. However, "Anna(Go to him) is not their song. It's written and performed by Arthur Alexander a R&B artist. If I remember well they covered "A shot of Rhythm and Blues" on "Live at the B.B.C." and "Where have you been" on "Live at the Star Club". The original is here so you can tell if Alexander him self had some influences from the Caribbean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

P.S. I believe that many Afroamericans have been influenced by the music of the Caribbean.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

The two other songs were also Alexander's, sorry for having omitted that on my post. I thought that you knew. "A shot of Rhythm and Blues" was written though by Terry Thompson and "Where have you been"(and other British invasion groups covered this one), I think it was Alexander's composition, too. I forgot "Soldier of Love" on "Live at the B.B.C. that it is another one of Alexander's repertoire. The Stones covered his song "You better move on". Not only them, you can search about Arthur Alexander on the Wikipedia.
Bubba

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, and thanks for the info too about the Caribbean musical style. I need to be educated on that. However, "Anna(Go to him) is not their song. It's written and performed by Arthur Alexander a R&B artist. If I remember well they covered "A shot of Rhythm and Blues" on "Live at the B.B.C." and "Where have you been" on "Live at the Star Club". The original is here so you can tell if Alexander him self had some influences from the Caribbean.
P.S. I believe that many Afroamericans have been influenced by the music of the Caribbean.
Wow Greg you did your homework good job buddy.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Wow Greg you did your homework good job buddy.
Most of us have done their search, you know. Books, videos, the web, magazines, etc. "Greg, you must have learnt something in all those years". Lol.
Gerry Zaragemca

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

For all the people which follow the posting. We have as the third type of Caribbean Music. 'I follow the Sun', 'Yesterday' and 'Let it be', as, Cuban style Boleros'.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gerry Zaragemca wrote:
For all the people which follow the posting. We have as the third type of Caribbean Music.'I follow the Sun','Yesterday' and 'Let it be', as, Cuban style Boleros'.
Thank you, Gerry. What about this one?

Gerry Zaragemca

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Welcome, Greg, I'm sorry I got up busy on some project. 'Soldier of love' is a pretty good song. It is a, 'Calipso' too. your brother.
Greg

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Gerry Zaragemca wrote:
Welcome, Greg, I'm sorry I got up busy on some project.'Soldier of love' is a pretty good song. It is a,'Calipso' too. your brother.
Thanks. Suerte con tu proyecto, amigo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the The Beatles Forum right now

Search the The Beatles Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The year after the Beatles met E 2 hr Little monster 154
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Mon Dennis Hauser 12,746
Portraits of Beatles as Old Men Jul 27 Yerushalimey 1
mel vs. bozo (Feb '10) Jul 26 Looftess 6
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Jul 19 Jimbo 1
Today in Rock: July 14 Jul 14 Will Dockery 1
Why do people hate Yoko Ono? (Sep '09) Jul 9 BeedleBug 281
•••
•••