Former Beach Boys drummer teaches les...

Former Beach Boys drummer teaches lessons in Glendora

There are 10 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Former Beach Boys drummer teaches lessons in Glendora. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Bobby Figueroa, who played with the Beach Boys from 1974 to 1990, plays drums with Stan West at Strings Music in Glendora on Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

David Savage

United States

#1 Sep 7, 2008
There will be some lucky aspiring drummers. I was privileged to see Bobby play live with the B.B.'s many times in the '70's and '80's..... a great talent. Best wishes to all involved!
RicciRocks

San Dimas, CA

#2 Sep 7, 2008
BOBBY Figueroa!!!!!
Wow, he was my dads patient, and I went to his wedding!!!!
I'll have to come in for a drum lesson son.
Joanne

United States

#3 Oct 1, 2008
He still tours with Al Jardine of the Beach Boys as well as Ricci Martin, son of Dean. Bobby is doing really well still.
Village

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Jun 22, 2009
I was always pissed when Dennis wasn't there but Bobby was great. Ricci Desi & Billy rock.
Sticks

San Dimas, CA

#5 Jun 23, 2009
Maybe this drummer could, drum some common sense in to the heads of the Current Glendora City Council members when it comes to ethics.
Val Rosales

Riverside, CA

#7 Jan 13, 2010
Had the distinct pleasure to meet Bobby Fig. at The Barkley's in So. Pas. in '08, he is indeed a real talent and was obviously an inhancement to the Beach Boy's. Imagine Beach Boy standards in spanish! I hope to see him perform again soon. Mabey that CD he told me about comming soon? Val
kwsv

Simi Valley, CA

#8 Mar 11, 2011
Just what we need, an American institution's songs sung in spanish. I guess if it's good enough for the Star Spangled Banner, it's good enough for the Beach Boys.
Val Rosales wrote:
Had the distinct pleasure to meet Bobby Fig. at The Barkley's in So. Pas. in '08, he is indeed a real talent and was obviously an inhancement to the Beach Boy's. Imagine Beach Boy standards in spanish! I hope to see him perform again soon. Mabey that CD he told me about comming soon? Val
al beauvais

Temecula, CA

#9 May 18, 2011
were trying to get bob to play with us with our old band from high school. i went to high school with him.so bob talk to vince so we can practice next week.
Long drum roll

San Dimas, CA

#10 May 18, 2011
I have a request of the former Beach Boys Drummer, could you please use the heads of the Five Glendora city council members as DRUMS he gives a lesson.

Maybe the JAM session will drum some sense in to their heads!
Cat

United States

#11 Sep 12, 2011
I had the pleasure of working with Bobby at one of his previous teaching engagements and I cannot tell you enough wonderful stuff about him. He's funny, friendly, interesting and engaging and an AMAZING teacher. He's so lovely and down to earth, and being regaled with his incredible stories was a daily treat. Anyone who is able to take drum lessons with this dude is very lucky indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beach Boys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Public University Punishes Professor For Sex Cr... Dec '16 GramsNE1 1
News The Beach Boys Have Been Asked To Perform At Do... Dec '16 GramsNE1 1
News Top StoryRocker Leon Russell dies in Nashville Nov '16 Old Sam 1
News 50 Cleveland concerts in the 1980s that rocked ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Amused Octopus 1
News Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling... (Jan '06) Aug '15 Brian 51
News Charges against Richie Sambora have been droppe... (May '15) May '15 Jons side 11
News Longtime Allendale music aficionado eager to ad... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web