Album by Beach Boy sounds like faded ...

Album by Beach Boy sounds like faded glory

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 6, 2008, titled Album by Beach Boy sounds like faded glory. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

COURTESY EPIC/LEGACY Dennis Wilson's solo album, "Pacific Ocean Blue," was eagerly anticipated by Beach Boys fans when it was originally released in 1977.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Jan Pitts

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jul 6, 2008
Pacific Ocean Blue was originally released on vinyl about 1977. The haunting "Farewell My Friend," was played to an audience of tears at Dennis’s funeral.
alan

AOL

#2 Jul 6, 2008
I went to youtube.com , and listened to parts of this album..Farewell My Friend..had a little Martin Denny type background..maybe after a few more listens it will sound better..Dennis Wilson was a great one and still missed.
Bob Schnebly

La Plata, MD

#3 Jul 6, 2008
I picked up this album 30+ years ago and have been wanting to find it on DVD. While it isn't an ALL-TIME GREAT... In my heart, it's not far from it.

R. I. P. Dennis Wilson...
Bob Schnebly

La Plata, MD

#4 Jul 6, 2008
Sorry, it's late. I meant CD!!!

Bob
Bulla

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jul 7, 2008
Bless Dennis' heart for being the only surfer in the Bech Boys and for standing up to that bastard father of theirs. Damn him for keeping Brian stoned through the lost years and for drinking himself to death. RIP DW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beach Boys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Documentary Trailer Round-Up: Beach Boys, The S... Apr '17 Yeti 5
News Public University Punishes Professor For Sex Cr... Dec '16 GramsNE1 1
News The Beach Boys Have Been Asked To Perform At Do... Dec '16 GramsNE1 1
News Top StoryRocker Leon Russell dies in Nashville (Nov '16) Nov '16 Old Sam 1
News 50 Cleveland concerts in the 1980s that rocked ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Amused Octopus 1
News Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling... (Jan '06) Aug '15 Brian 51
News Charges against Richie Sambora have been droppe... (May '15) May '15 Jons side 11
More from around the web