Liar, liar

Liar, liar

There are 45 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 17, 2009, titled Liar, liar. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Wouldn't it be nice, as The Beach Boys sang in another context, if there was such a thing as a liar meter? It would detect when a politician wasn't telling the truth and alert the public.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kevin

United States

#45 Sep 18, 2009
If you don't want to be called a liar, don't lie. There are no greater group of hipocrits than the current group of Dems in the house. They boo Bush, and whine when a liar is called a liar. Pelosi calls people against Obama bill Nazi's then complains about name calling.
Burris gets caught buying a senate seat and there is no action. Dodd gets a sweetheart morgage no big deal. These guys are a joke.
Kevin

United States

#46 Sep 18, 2009
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Wilson: Member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. One of the leaders of the effort to keep the Confederate flag flying over the South Carolina State House. Denounced reports that Strom Thurmond fathered an illegitimate child with a black woman as a smear agains Thurmond's memory, after the Thurmond family acknowledged it was true. Not a racist bone in his body? I think Cal Thomas's truth meter just exploded.
How about Robert Byrd the ex CLANSMAN, I love it when Dems call people racists when the biggest racists of all time were Dems, George Wallace Dem, Jefferson Davis Dem, Sherriff Bull Dem, Governor of Ark that called out the nation gaurd to stop the kids from going to school in little rock, Dem. All the pols is southie throwing rocks at the buses in 1979 DEMS, Al sharpton DEM, Barrack Obama DEM, Gates Dem. I guess all DEM racists don't count.
Smart Patrol

Westminster, CA

#47 Sep 18, 2009
Kevin wrote:
If you don't want to be called a liar, don't lie. There are no greater group of hipocrits than the current group of Dems in the house. They boo Bush, and whine when a liar is called a liar. Pelosi calls people against Obama bill Nazi's then complains about name calling.
Burris gets caught buying a senate seat and there is no action. Dodd gets a sweetheart morgage no big deal. These guys are a joke.
Amen! The Dems just need to open their eyes! They're calling the kettle black!
King Tut

Anchorage, AK

#48 Sep 18, 2009
You left the USA and its heritage,values and culture long ago, if you were ever part of it Pinko pants!!!
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its time for you to leave.We dont need your kind around here.
Understand

Dracut, MA

#49 Sep 18, 2009
The Old Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more out in left field. I have lived in Calfornia, Australia, Arizona and served in Germany and Colorado in the Army. My nephew just returned from Iraq with the 3rd Armored Calvary, several of my former students including a Seabee who built two hospitals and a school and they are proud of what has taken place in Iraq.
We are not the laughing stock of the world. That was only liberal propaganda. I just returned from Australia this past June and had a ball, everyone was very respectful. No one made any hint of anger towards the US.
President Bush is adored in Africa. More so than Obama. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric...
The spin and BS from the far left has done great damage to us around the world. And many in the world aren't buying it any longer.
It amuses me that we are right now arguing the biggest disagreements between the parties. In reference to your link, it doesn't say he is "adored" in Africa it says more people "favor" him in Africa then anywhere else. That doesn't say much if the rest of the world hates you. Especially since they also say they like him because of the money he gives them. I think that the work he did in Africa was a push in the right direction. It in NO PLACE says he is like more than Obama. Africa is in need of a lot of help. If we are such humanitarians how come we were last in aide to Darfur in money and time. We spent less than many countries that have half the income we do (and I am not speaking of percentages). He took some good steps there (even though this money went to teaching one-partner sex rather than birth control in a system that has now been tested to have not worked). As president you have to do SOMETHING right huh? Australia is a tourist capital. Though there are some anti-American people there, it is far less than most places where the tourism collides with the more everyday behavior. Never mind the fact that you were there AFTER Bush. We a classless culture-less country. Why would people like us? We are LAST to help in all areas. Africa, though we have done something, it was far behind other countries. The only thing we have to offer people anymore are our colleges. Our people are educated more than the rest of the world yet our intelligence is far less. And even back to the original issue. We, as Americans, still spend more on health care than any other country yet we still have American's dying everyday. Why should people like us? Tell us what makes us so great? The freedoms that we gave up under the P.A.T.R.I.O.T Act? The school shootings that happen more here than any other country? The more teen pregnancies than any other country? More personal debt than any other country? Our country is going down slowly and something needs to be done to stop it! Bush had 8 years and shoved us further in debt and made all these numbers dip lower. If you are so afraid of change... TOO BAD. Because people either need to grow up and realize we need to fix our problems soon or our problems will just get worse... and sadly I think that means our country will just keep going. So how about you take your Texan (I've been out of the country twice and the people I know from my area who have been out of the country tell me things) ideologies and make a change. Bush did nothing in our favor. Nothing increased under him except death and debt. Make a change. I'm in politics because I feel I can make the change in the right direction but cursing everyone who tries to change something is going to make NOTHING get better and we are slowly going to fall into oblivion. All we have now is that we can call ourselves the most powerful country in the world. I, personally would like to BE the most powerful. Along with the happiest, healthiest, and richest as well. But having a heart might just be my "left field" "libby" propaganda spewing ideas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beach Boys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Documentary Trailer Round-Up: Beach Boys, The S... Aug '17 Tex- 8
News Classic Vinyl: Pet Sounds, one of the greatest ... Jul '17 concerned res 1
News Public University Punishes Professor For Sex Cr... (Dec '16) Dec '16 GramsNE1 1
News The Beach Boys Have Been Asked To Perform At Do... (Dec '16) Dec '16 GramsNE1 1
News Top StoryRocker Leon Russell dies in Nashville (Nov '16) Nov '16 Old Sam 1
News 50 Cleveland concerts in the 1980s that rocked ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Amused Octopus 1
News Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan rank high in Rolling... (Jan '06) Aug '15 Brian 51
More from around the web