A Beach Boys Marathon

Brian Wilson was, in a way, a figurehead at his own show Tuesday night at the Calvin Theatre in Northampton: He didn't always sing, and he rarely played an instrument. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
southsidejohnny

New Britain, CT

#1 Jul 17, 2008
you have to read..."catch a wave: the rise,fall & redemption of Brian Wilson"....great book....also try the classic "Nearest Faraway Place" to get a history of SoCal surf&car culture as well as The Boys.....in fact in "catch a wave" Brain suggests calling them "The Beach" to get away from the "beachboy" image of just surf songs instead of tunes like "vegetables"... "surfs up"...."heroes&v illians"...
joblo

Leverett, MA

#2 Jul 17, 2008
FYI - jeff foskett sang the HIGH parts of Carl and Brian - the percussion player and younger keyboard player - thanks for the names reviewer - sang the mike lov ebass parts. wow.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#3 Jul 17, 2008
The Beach Boys were one of the greatest bands to come out of the 60's.
Their music is timeless and can still move people.
It's been 16 years since they released an album, I hope Mike Love ,Brian Wilson,Al Jardin and Bruce Johnston reform and release an album together as the Beach Boys.
carmen-patricia

Barquisimeto, Venezuela

#4 Jul 18, 2008
awc wrote:
The Beach Boys were one of the greatest bands to come out of the 60's.
Their music is timeless and can still move people.
It's been 16 years since they released an album, I hope Mike Love ,Brian Wilson,Al Jardin and Bruce Johnston reform and release an album together as the Beach Boys.
"awc" Sorry to take such a long time I answered your post on John Denver Forum.Have a good day. Carmen-Patricia

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#5 Jul 18, 2008
carmen-patricia wrote:
<quoted text>"awc" Sorry to take such a long time I answered your post on John Denver Forum.Have a good day. Carmen-Patricia
Hi Carmen, good to hear from you.
fedup

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2008
I saw Brian Wilson blow Paul Simon off the stage a few years back. Great to see him healthy again.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#7 Jul 18, 2008
I like the Beach Boys a lot.
Greg

Pallíni, Greece

#8 Jul 18, 2008
Greg wrote:
Funny...Coño. Cabrón.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#9 Jul 18, 2008
carmen-patricia wrote:
<quoted text>"awc" Sorry to take such a long time I answered your post on John Denver Forum.Have a good day. Carmen-Patricia
Carmen, you are a very kind hearted person, thanks for brightening my day.
Please come back and share your thoughts about the Beatles.
Johnny Wishbone

Elgin, IL

#10 Jul 18, 2008
Hearing them live you wish the marathon would last only one song. Ouch!

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#11 Jul 18, 2008
Greg wrote:
Greg my friend, your musical tastes are so amazing.
The Beatles,Byrds,Beach Boys and the great list goes on and on.
You would make a great d.j.
Greg
#12 Jul 19, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>Greg my friend, your musical tastes are so amazing.
The Beatles,Byrds,Beach Boys and the great list goes on and on.
Thank you my friend. Brian Wilson is a genious.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#13 Jul 19, 2008
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you my friend. Brian Wilson is a genious.
Hi Greg, Brian has wrote some of the worlds greatest songs.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#14 Jul 19, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Greg, Brian has wrote some of the worlds greatest songs.
Hola de nuevo. Yes, and I think Paul and Brian have three days difference in their birthdates. Paul on June 18, and Brian on June 21, 1942. Two geniuses close in talent, the same at age.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#15 Jul 19, 2008

Yeah, when I grow up, I'll be a great Dee Jay. Lol

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#16 Jul 19, 2008
Greg wrote:
Yeah, when I grow up, I'll be a great Dee Jay. Lol
When I grow up to be a man, lol.
Hi Greg, hope your well.
I would love to see all the Beach Boys reunite and perform a giant concert playing old and newer songs.
carmen-patricia

Barquisimeto, Venezuela

#17 Jul 19, 2008
wow,It's incredible the music's power.We are talking about the 60s, one of my sons is 19 years old and he loves the Beach Boys. He would love to see them performing. I really glad he has such a good taste about music and he likes old and new singers and groups.carmen-patricia

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#18 Jul 19, 2008
My 11 year old loves everyone from Chuck Berry,Little Richard,Elvis,Dion,Buddy Holly,Beach Boys,Beatles,Rolling Stones,Bob Dylan,Doors,Creedance,Hendrix, Pink Floyd,Springsteen,Tom Petty,Electric Light Orchestra,U2,Inxs,Chris Isaak,Black Crowes,Mazzy Star,Lifehouse and Coldplay, just like his dad.

It's good to love both new and older artists,variety is the spice of life.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#19 Jul 20, 2008
carmen-patricia wrote:
wow,It's incredible the music's power.We are talking about the 60s, one of my sons is 19 years old and he loves the Beach Boys. He would love to see them performing. I really glad he has such a good taste about music and he likes old and new singers and groups.carmen-patricia
Buenas tardes Carmen-Patricia. You know when I was 19, I had been listening to this stuff. Always sixties' music was the greatest music for me. Your kid really has ears.
Larry

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Aug 6, 2008
To Greg: Actually, Macca & Brian are even closer in age, by a day....Brian was born June 20th, not 21st.

I just returned from a pilgrimage to the site of the Wilsons' childhood home in Hawthorne, CA, where only a monument remains. As a 1st-generation BB's fan, talk about having goosebumps!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beach Boys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your tickets! Concert season is at hand (Mar '12) Dec '14 Michael2327 6
Book publishing November 2007 (Sep '07) Oct '14 G A De Forest 3
Al Jardine Says He Won't Appear at July 5 Beach... (Jun '14) Aug '14 Jess 2
'Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular' features Be... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Petal Power 1
The Beach Boys coming to Augusta this summer (May '14) May '14 William 2
Julian Lennon Interview: New Release 'Everythin... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Jane 5
The Beach Boys, As We Stand headline High Point... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Gkwn 1
More from around the web